2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
seacoaster

Re: 2020 Elections - More Cheating from IMPOTUS?

Post by seacoaster »

Pete endorses Joe.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

old salt wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:41 pm The most interesting interview in politics = Carl Cannon.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?469265-1/qa-carl-cannon
Definitely a guy I'd like to have a beer with...thanks for posting
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:10 am Salty wants to pretend that Trump isn't (at a minimum) a 'useful idiot' for Vlad, but so, too, has been Bernie IMO.
.:lol:. ...but you'll vote for Bernie because he's a sincere useful idiot.
Amazing the knots you'll twist yourself into. Strange bedfellows in the Dacha.
A NeoCon NeverTrumper, feeli'n' the Bern. Who'd a thunk it ?
Trinity

Re: 2020 Elections - Trump gets fired?

Post by Trinity »

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowit ... ut-of-race

Tulsi’s 9 supporters urge her to drop out.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:57 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:10 am Salty wants to pretend that Trump isn't (at a minimum) a 'useful idiot' for Vlad, but so, too, has been Bernie IMO.
.:lol:. ...but you'll vote for Bernie because he's a sincere useful idiot.
Amazing the knots you'll twist yourself into. Strange bedfellows in the Dacha.
A NeoCon NeverTrumper, feeli'n' the Bern. Who'd a thunk it ?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm feeling the Bern? :roll:
That's your takeaway? :lol:

No, in that binary choice, I'd be holding my nose, and then looking for a good GOP candidate for 2024.

4 more years of Trump's authoritarianism, stupidity and greed have the potential to be existential threats to our system.

But don't get me wrong, 8 years of Bernie with a compliant Dem dominated Congress could result in some really bad mistakes hurting our economics.

I just don't think the latter is yet as big a risk as the known factors of Trumpism.

But we can see why these two guys are Vlad's choices.
I'm not buying that Vlad doesn't prefer Trump over Bernie though.
Trump truly is an idiot and I think Vlad continues to have him by the balls.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

the real reason why Klobuchar dropped out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqu9srO ... =emb_title

I've been saying it for years - all this talk about "Minnesota nice" is nothing but crapola - a marketing scheme with no basis in reality designed to fool the gullible. The so called 'evidence' used in the case was not just flawed, but a complete fraud. Thankfully, after all these years people such as Black Lives Matter have developed the guts to speak out and challenge the powers that be. While the delusional ultra right condemns that group, the fact is that the group is helping to save lives and to bring about justice. Credit them for forcing Klobuchar to be accountable for he past injustices. Hopefully, many others who remain in prison will be released and others wrongfully convicted will have their sentences erased from the public record.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
ggait

Post by ggait »

538's last update before the Super Tuesday results start coming in has Biden ahead of Bernie.

They give Joe a 31% chance of getting a delegate majority and a 65% chance of a plurality. Bernie is 8% and 34%. 61% chance no one gets a first ballot majority.

Base case delegate projections are Joe 1738, Bernie 1363, Bloom 555, Warren 283. It takes 1991 to win.

Biden + Bloom = 2293.

Bernie + Warren = 1646.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
old salt

Post by old salt »

If Bernie doesn't have 1991 delegates going into the convention, Biden will emerge as the candidate,
...provided Uncle Joe shows no further impairment, dementia or decrepitude.
It's a Weekend at Bernie's deal, pun intended. Bloomy will fall in line.
The Wall Street oligarchs & Deep State Establishment will have their candidate.
Then, will they be able to drag Uncle Joe to the finish line ?
CU88

Post by CU88 »

old salt wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:12 pm If Bernie doesn't have 1991 delegates going into the convention, Biden will emerge as the candidate,
"...provided Uncle Joe shows no further impairment, dementia or decrepitude."

Compared to your hero, o d, Uncle Joe will be just fine.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
old salt

Post by old salt »

CU88 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:21 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:12 pm If Bernie doesn't have 1991 delegates going into the convention, Biden will emerge as the candidate,

Unfortunately, complated to Uncle Joe -- Trump looks alert, coherent & aware of his surroundings.

Joe needs to let Jill & his handlers protect him. (she'll make a fine shadow President)
Last edited by old salt on Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Trump’s new attack on Biden exposes his own unfitness
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... unfitness/
At a rally in North Carolina on Monday night, this actually happened: President Trump ripped into a resurgent Joe Biden by claiming he bungles facts and often appears confused.

Yes, Trump suggested the former vice president is mentally unfit for the presidency.

Let it be noted that this came only hours after Trump held an open session on coronavirus, at which he stumbled over the concept of vaccines and seemed to suggest he has no idea that clinical trials are required for medications.

And this came at a time when the administration’s coronavirus response has been marred by Trump’s own all-consuming pathologies. Trump’s initial instinct was to rage at the media for treating him unfairly, to deny the outbreak’s seriousness because it might rattle the markets and to decline to bring in an outside coordinator in part out of fear of that person’s disloyalty.

Does Trump really want to open the door to a debate over mental fitness for the presidency?
CU88

Post by CU88 »

old salt wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:28 pm

Unfortunately, complated to Uncle Joe -- Trump looks alert, coherent & aware of his surroundings.

Joe needs to let Jill & his handlers protect him. (she'll make a fine shadow President)
I am sure at the MAGA rallies you attend, your hero sounds wonderful, but in reality he is clueless and a danger to us all...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ine-event/

Trump’s baffling coronavirus vaccine event
Trump and Pence meet with Coronavirus Task Force and pharmaceutical executives
By Aaron Blake
March 3, 2020 at 10:17 a.m. EST
As a private citizen and presidential candidate, Donald Trump was a proponent of vaccine skepticism — ignoring the scientific consensus on stuff like how vaccines don’t cause autism. As president, he is now surrounded by experts on the subject, including on Monday when he held a coronavirus roundtable with his task force and the heads of several pharmaceutical companies.
Yet despite the increasingly scary situation involving the disease and preparations having been underway for weeks, he still appears rather clueless on the subject.
At the event Monday, Trump peppered the drug companies with questions that were some variant of “How fast can you get it done?” But despite this having been a focal point in recent weeks, he still didn’t seem to process the fact that producing a vaccine means conducting months and months of trials before it can be deployed. He even at one point asked whether the flu vaccine could be used to combat coronavirus.
After Leonard Schleifer, the founder and chief executive of Regneron, said his company aimed to have 200,000 doses ready by August, Trump asked him, “That means you’d be able to use the vaccine that early?” He added, “So that process would be faster than John’s?” referring to another CEO.
After another CEO took a turn, Trump asked him, “So you’re talking over the next few months, you think you could have a vaccine?"
The CEO clarified that it would be ready only for phase two of testing at that point. Anthony Fauci, the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, added: “Yeah. You won’t have a vaccine. You’ll have a vaccine to go into testing."
“And how long would that take?” Trump asked. The CEO said it would take months and then head into phase three. “All right. So you’re talking within a year.”
“A year to a year and a half,” Fauci again clarified.
“Well, but, Lenny is talking about two months, right?” Trump said, incorrectly referring to Schleifer’s August estimate.
“A little — a little longer,” Schleifer again clarified. “A little longer.”
“A couple of months, right?” Trump pressed. “I mean, I like the sound of a couple of months better, I must be honest with you.”
That’s when Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar cut in, again emphasizing the difference between being ready for testing and ready to deploy.

“But when you say June phase one initiation, though — right? — in June, it’s not a completed vaccine,” Azar said.
What’s remarkable about these exchanges is that Fauci has explained all of this — in front of Trump and publicly. At a White House briefing on Thursday, Fauci laid out a detailed timetable for clinical testing and concluded, “So although this is the fastest we have ever gone from a sequence of a virus to a trial, it still would not be applicable to the epidemic unless we really wait about a year to a year and a half.”
Trump on Monday eventually relented and set the goal posts at about a year from now. “So can you have it ready for next season, any of you?” he asked. “I mean, would you say, for the next season?”
Several CEOs said they hoped to, but Paul Stoffels, Johnson & Johnson’s chief scientific officer, stepped in to clarify, saying: “Yeah. But, like many people said, we have to be very careful here. If you vaccinate several hundred million people … ”
“You’ve got to make sure it works,” Trump said.
“Works and is safe,” Stoffels said. “Yeah."
“And it doesn’t hurt,” Trump said. “Right.”
Eventually, Trump turned to the efficacy of the potential vaccines, and again he seemed unfamiliar with how much is known at this point. He mentioned that seasonal flu vaccines are different every year, but that they are often somewhat ineffective.
“And yet, I hear numbers that are better than that with respect to corona,” Trump said. “You think you can really knock it out and that’s because you know specifically what it is, I suspect. So that’s impressive.”
Schleifer clarified that there’s still so much that is unknown. And that’s when Trump asked about whether they could just use the flu vaccine.
“But the same vaccine could not work?” he said. “You take a solid flu vaccine — you don’t think that would have an impact or much of an impact on corona?”
“No,” Schleifer replied.
“Probably not,” Fauci added.
Soon, Trump returned to his preferred months-long timetable. Asked by a reporter whether he’s comfortable with this taking longer than that, Trump again sounded as though he hadn’t heard everything the CEOs and experts had just told him.
“I don’t think they know what the time will be,” Trump said. “I’ve heard very quick numbers — a matter of months — and I’ve heard pretty much a year would be an outside number.”
Again, Fauci had said a year to 18 months.
“But if you’re talking about three to four months, in a couple of cases, and a year in other cases — wouldn’t you say, doctor, would that be about right?” Trump said.

When a reporter pressed on whether Trump really thought the months-long timetable was viable for a vaccine, Fauci cut in. And he actually asked that the president be educated on the timetable — despite it having been told to him repeatedly.
“Would you make sure you get the president the information that a vaccine that you make and start testing in a year is not a vaccine that’s deployable,” Fauci said. “So he’s asking the question, ‘When is it going to be deployable?’ And that is going to be, at the earliest, a year to a year and a half, no matter how fast you go.”
Trump, though, was still skeptical.
“Do you think that’s right?” he asked.
Azar emphasized that treatments but not vaccines could be available sooner, and Trump suddenly seemed more interested in that.
“Well, I think treatment, in many ways, might be more exciting,” Trump said, adding: “So the treatment, I mean, just for the media — so the treatment element of it goes faster than the vaccine element of it, which, in my opinion, in this case, would be better.”
Toward the end of the news conference, Trump was asked about the stock market recovering by about 1,300 points on Monday after a brutal last week.
“They must have heard about this meeting,” Trump said.
The meeting happened after the markets closed, though, and the Dow Jones industrial average on Tuesday was down more than 300 points.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

It is clear that Trump is _so_ out of his depth here...
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:56 pm It is clear that Trump is _so_ out of his depth here...
Agreed...now that the water has covered the soles of his shoes, he may move to his Timberlands. :?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU88 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:44 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:28 pm

I am sure at the MAGA rallies you attend, your hero sounds wonderful, but in reality he is clueless and a danger to us all...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ine-event/

Trump’s baffling coronavirus vaccine event
Trump and Pence meet with Coronavirus Task Force and pharmaceutical executives

Toward the end of the news conference, Trump was asked about the stock market recovering by about 1,300 points on Monday after a brutal last week.
“They must have heard about this meeting,” Trump said.
The meeting happened after the markets closed, though, and the Dow Jones industrial average on Tuesday was down more than 300 points.
And market off about 900 its AFTER/Despite rate cut; market watched the Pharma mtg disaster?...he's such an idiot.
https://www.marketwatch.com
ggait

Post by ggait »

Assume both Trump and Joe are out to lunch.

I'd be pretty comfortable with the govt being run by the usual suspect Obama-type deep staters that would surround Biden. Like Biden's former chief of staff Klain, who was in charge of the Ebola response. Although he didn't have a science background, my impression is that he did a solid job at that.

That would be a major upgrade from Javanka and Pence and Hannity.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

ggait wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:44 pm
Assume both Trump and Joe are out to lunch.

I'd be pretty comfortable with the govt being run by the usual suspect Obama-type deep staters that would surround Biden. Like Biden's former chief of staff Klain, who was in charge of the Ebola response. Although he didn't have a science background, my impression is that he did a solid job at that.

That would be a major upgrade from Javanka and Pence and Hannity.
A-freakin-men!!
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Voting for Sanders today:
1. Socialist true believers.
2. Leftist fellow travelers.
3. Kids who don’t know better.
4. Hugh Hewitt.
Voting for Biden:
1. Liberals defending liberal democracy.
2. Moderates defending liberal democracy.
3. Conservatives defending liberal democracy.

Bill Kristol
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Trinity wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:28 pm Voting for Sanders today:
1. Socialist true believers.
2. Leftist fellow travelers.
3. Kids who don’t know better.
4. Hugh Hewitt.
Voting for Biden:
1. Liberals defending liberal democracy.
2. Moderates defending liberal democracy.
3. Conservatives defending liberal democracy.

Bill Kristol
If Sanders wins... what does that tell you? The Democrats will have to work overtime to find a way to F**K Bernie out of being their nominee. You can't make this sheep dip up. The Democrat establishment can never let Bernie represent their party. It has nothing to do with what Bernie believes in. The establishment Democrats agree with him all day long and they love him for it. You think Bernie Sanders in 2020 you can think back to George McGovern back in 72. That is the kind of arse whooping the Democrat party will take, and they know it. The Democrats are a few election cycles too soon in thinking they can run an avowed communist for POTUS and pull it off. I have been saying this same damn thing since Trump embarrassed the Democrats in 2016. You folks need to find a candidate that resonates with middle class, mainstream Americans. What do you do, you veer even harder left, jump the curb and run over the people you need to vote for you to win. UNBELIEVABLE stupidity so far on the strategy of a major political party. :roll: If Uncle Joe can't pull off some Houdini trick and beat Bernie outright, Trump will win again. You Democrats will not be able to blame the Russians( although i am sure you will try) to try an find an excuse to explain your own stupidity.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
ggait

Post by ggait »

If Sanders wins... what does that tell you? The Democrats will have to work overtime to find a way to F**K Bernie out of being their nominee. You can't make this sheep dip up.
Like Trump and Putin, C&S is pulling soooo hard for Bernie to win.

No overtime will be needed if, as projected, Bernie finishes with fewer delegates than Biden. And if (also as projected) Joe + Bloom = a majority, while Bernie + Liz = minority.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ou ... certainty/

As I keep saying, the center left is doing just fine. The problem is that the center right, in contrast, is dying or already dead.

Return to “POLITICS”