CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:03 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:51 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:39 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:13 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:40 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:36 pm What does it prove?
You here to defend McVeigh also? I can’t tell.
Not at all, asking your for an answer to the question?
It proves that everyone with PTDS don't blow up buildings or do you disagree?
Thanks for the reply. No I do not disagree,
Not you......Last week a guy was making excuses for a liar, this week a mass murderer / terrorists....for two years defending a guy with no morals, no honor or integrity. Man how the mighty have fallen. It's pathetic.
Right. Citing evidence that McVeigh, along with other combat vet shooters, likely had PTSD, is making excuses for them. .:roll:.
...as oppposed to looking at it as something to consider when trying to figure out why these guys went off the rails, to prevent it in the future.
old salt

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:23 pm
Not you......Last week a guy was making excuses for a liar, this week a mass murderer / terrorists....for two years defending a guy with no morals, no honor or integrity. Man how the mighty have fallen. It's pathetic.
Right. Citing evidence that McVeigh, along with other combat vet shooters, likely had PTSD, is making excuses for them. .:roll:.
...as oppposed to looking at it as something to consider when trying to figure out why these guys went off the rails, to prevent it in the future.
Why did Chris Kyle get murdered by a vet he was trying to help ?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:25 pm
Stop. It’s sad enough. Plenty of people with PTSD worthy of defending. McVeigh ain’t one of them.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:40 pm
Stop. It’s sad enough. Plenty of people with PTSD worthy of defending. McVeigh ain’t one of them.
Stop lying about my position. I'm not defending McVeigh or any of the other combat vet shooters.
You started this whole stupid argument when I pointed out that none of the domestic terrorists (so far) attended terrorist training camps.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:44 pm
Stop lying about my position. I'm not defending McVeigh or any of the other combat vet shooters.
You started this whole stupid argument when I pointed out that none of the domestic terrorists (so far) attended terrorist training camps.
Go back and read. You weren’t defending Ratcliffe’s lying either. :roll:
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:53 pm
Go back and read. I showed you why Ratcliffe wasn't lying.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:59 pm
BFD..... your dude was sympathetic to militia men. Good enough for me....
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:59 pmW played the Texan role well, and made 'compassionate conservative' appealing, along with embracing Hispanics and others of color, not demonizing. And when he rejected Islamaphobia, he further earned my respect. I wish some of my Dem friends would appreciate that more, but I get it that his errors and weaknesses were pretty miserable too.

So, let's get off the meme that the Dems stoke the racial divisions and Trump is just the natural 'pushback'. He's the result of many decades of the
GOP very consciously going after that old segregationist south vote, and the suburban white flight vote.
Remember this classic from the 2000 campaign.
http://p2000.us/ads2/adnaacp.html

The El Paso shooter will keep the FBI profilers busy. Lots of voices in his head.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... -manifesto
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/da ... r-n1039236

Suspect in El Paso massacre got lost and stopped at Walmart 'because he was hungry,' police say
"As soon he got here he was lost in the neighborhood," police chief says. "After that he found his way to the Walmart because we understand he was hungry."
...but MSNBC is telling me Trump inspired this guy to drove 10 hours to El Paso, just to shoot Mexicans.
Trump inspired him to stop there for a Big Mac.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:59 pm
Nah, you just tried to do so. Fell far short. "fluffing" just fine with you.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:11 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:59 pmW played the Texan role well, and made 'compassionate conservative' appealing, along with embracing Hispanics and others of color, not demonizing. And when he rejected Islamaphobia, he further earned my respect. I wish some of my Dem friends would appreciate that more, but I get it that his errors and weaknesses were pretty miserable too.

So, let's get off the meme that the Dems stoke the racial divisions and Trump is just the natural 'pushback'. He's the result of many decades of the
GOP very consciously going after that old segregationist south vote, and the suburban white flight vote.
Remember this classic from the 2000 campaign.
http://p2000.us/ads2/adnaacp.html

The El Paso shooter will keep the FBI profilers busy. Lots of voices in his head.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... -manifesto
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/da ... r-n1039236

Suspect in El Paso massacre got lost and stopped at Walmart 'because he was hungry,' police say
"As soon he got here he was lost in the neighborhood," police chief says. "After that he found his way to the Walmart because we understand he was hungry."
...but MSNBC is telling me Trump inspired this guy to drove 10 hours to El Paso, just to shoot Mexicans.
Trump inspired him to stop there for a Big Mac.
Yeah, he drove to El Paso loaded up with an assault weapon and ammo because he was hungry.
His manifesto was about fast food.
Stop it. This isn't a joking matter.

And you think that ads regarding hate crime laws weren't fair game with W?
It was a political choice not to back them. Not his best moment, but then again he was a GOP Governor of the great state of Texas.
Not exactly politically expedient in Texas to back hate crime legislation.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:31 pm
foreverlax wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:07 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:59 pm You may be overstating McCarthy's views on Islam. He clearly distinguishes between moderate Islam & Sharia Supremacy.
He distinguishes personal Sharia observance from Sharia Supremacy, ...it's inherent in the wording.
He also distinguishes it from White Supremacy more than he equates them.

His " needle in the haystack " analogy is entirely apt. There is no established global organization which all White Supremacists have in common. There are no White Supremacist churches.Social media has change the dynamic...they don't need a club house. You're making my point. That makes the potential lone wolf harder to locate, identify & monitor.
Nor are there White Supremacist terrorist training camps, safe havens, conflict zones or caliphate destinations. There most certainly are.Where ? ...how many of their alums are mass shooters ?

Given the scope of the potential lone wolf population, it makes automated internet surveillance a necessity, even more so than countering the threat of Islamic terrorism. The good news is -- we have the ability to do it, both inside & outside the govt. The challenge is in passing the laws to do it constitutionally, then implementing it in good faith, with credible oversight.And there is the final can of worms
Ask the FBI...not my area of expertise.
Typical Lax Dad

Anyone know what these people have in common: (hint....It’s not race).

Donald Trump
Paul Manafort
Mike Flynn
Roy Moore
Jeremy Epstein
John Ratcliffee
Tim McVeigh
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:17 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:57 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:37 pm Politics is a crappy business, the difference with Trump, IMO, is he is the same guy behind closed doors as he is in public
So you prefer someone that you know is an ***hole all the time. This doesn't make sense. Ford, Reagan, Bush, Carter, Clinton, Bush, and Obama.....all of them were the same at home as they were at the office. Last POTUS we had that was two faced was Tricky Dick.
youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:37 pm I prefer straight shooters that just tell like it like it is.
You're saying this about a man who can't utter one single word without lying. You understand that, right?
youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:37 pm I’ve sat at a board room table with Team Trump....they are great negotiators that know their facts, but when you challenge them without confrontation, with specific expertise, they have proven respectful.
Trump literally has fewer facts at his disposal than any POTUS we've ever had.

And he has proven to be unable to negotiate anything with anyone. He's the worst negotiator we've had in office...with Republican Congress at his beck and call he couldn't build his wall, repeal and replace, or sign immigration reform. All three of his main election planks. Total fail.

He's also failed to negotiate with Putin, Kim, Iran, and most of all, China.

So I'm left asking: who the heck are you talking about as "great negotiator"?
youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:37 pm For now, he’s trying new tactics to move the needle
I'm more than curious as to what you think what these new tactics are.

You're buying the Trump mythology, and ignoring the scoreboard, just like he likes it. It's like FoxNation with the "Trump's not an insider". Ummmm: he's done skits with the mayor of New York, and had Bill and Hillary at his wedding. You think "regular ol' guys" do that?

Or "he's not a politician". Ummm: he's President of the United States. The top of the heap of politicians. There is no bigger politician.

If Trump did what he and you are claiming? I'd be a supporter. I'd LOVE repeal and replace of a better system than Obama. I'd LOVE immigration reform fixed and signed. I'd LOVE for him to drain the swamp. I'd even be fine with his stupid wall.

I'd also be overjoyed if he was a great negotiator. Deals with Iran, China, and N Korea would make my day. Again, he's done NONE of these things.

I'm left asking you: what are you talking about, my friend? ;)
We didn’t give them a nickel when they left the conference room.
And neither did we...they paid full price.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

You don't know how or why he did what he did.

Terrorist Training Camps...what does that mean?

There are plenty of these folks hiding in the hills playing war...FBI knows that. Director Wray said White Supremacy is an issue - Tucker's bow tie has cut of the flow of facts to his alt-right brain.
Typical Lax Dad

foreverlax wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:37 am
You don't know how or why he did what he did.

Terrorist Training Camps...what does that mean?

There are plenty of these folks hiding in the hills playing war...FBI knows that. Director Wray said White Supremacy is an issue - Tucker's bow tie has cut of the flow of facts to his alt-right brain.
How many Isis / Al Qaeda sympathizers never went to “Training Camp”? Those training camps are just some Muslims having fun blowing off steam....

“On September 19, 2016, the sole suspect—Ahmad Khan Rahimi, of Elizabeth—was captured, following a shootout with police in neighboring Linden, New Jersey. Rahimi was not part of a terrorist group, but his actions were believed to have been influenced by the extremist Islamic ideology espoused by al-Qaeda”

Timmy McVeigh was different.....pathetic.

Remember The Ruby Ridge!
“I wish you would!”
hooligan88

Post by hooligan88 »

holmes435 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:28 pm
hooligan88 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:49 pm If people want to live in a country that bans guns, there are plenty to choose. This one was created with gun ownership built in. Its easy if you do not like guns. pack the bags folks.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/articlev

We can literally change the country however and whenever we want. The founding fathers enshrined that into the constitution and encouraged its use.
And we can preserve the country as well.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:05 am Anyone know what these people have in common: (hint....It’s not race).

Donald Trump
Paul Manafort
Mike Flynn
Roy Moore
Jeremy Epstein
John Ratcliffee
Tim McVeigh
Ivy league graduates?
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

hooligan88 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:47 am
hooligan88 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:49 pm If people want to live in a country that bans guns, there are plenty to choose. This one was created with gun ownership built in. Its easy if you do not like guns. pack the bags folks.

We can literally change the country however and whenever we want. The founding fathers enshrined that into the constitution and encouraged its use.
Always a pleasure to be told that "these" are the fixed contours of the nation and, if you don't like them, you can just leave.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

hooligan88 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:47 am

Sure hope so!

But what specifically do we want to ‘preserve ‘ and what do we want to ‘change’?

That’s what matters.
Typical Lax Dad

ABV 8.3% wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:50 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:05 am Anyone know what these people have in common: (hint....It’s not race).

Donald Trump
Paul Manafort
Mike Flynn
Roy Moore
Jeremy Epstein
John Ratcliffee
Tim McVeigh
Ivy league graduates?
Could be.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”