Transfer Portal 2024

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Fischer

Re: Transfer Portal 2024

Post by Fischer »

njbill wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:13 pm AS to Clemson.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... mson/63703
Someone beat you to that news But the article was a nice read I think it’s great She will be a star there
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Let’s hope she lasts longer than their last x attacker who decommited to go to Clemson, did. With the new scholarship deal I’m sure that won’t be an issue. Clemson will be the new NU in 3-4 years.
Last edited by Relax77 on Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
njbill

Post by njbill »

6:13 (me). 6:31 (them). But who is checking? :lol:
McLax9777

Post by McLax9777 »

Fischer wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:31 pm

Someone beat you to that news But the article was a nice read I think it’s great She will be a star there
How awkward. Someone explain this to me. How’d that go up there? Seems like maybe something happened to help facilitate this. The article left out the “why”.
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

njbill wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:43 pm 6:13 (me). 6:31 (them). But who is checking? :lol:
6:08 them 6:31 was the reply to you 😂 Semantics
Idontknowtherules

Post by Idontknowtherules »

McLax9777 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:47 pm

How awkward. Someone explain this to me. How’d that go up there? Seems like maybe something happened to help facilitate this. The article left out the “why”.
I think there’s a lot more to this than a change of heart Let’s see what plays out
njbill

Post by njbill »

I guess we each get half credit. They beat me to “she’s leaving.” I added the “going to Clemson.”
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

McLax9777 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:47 pm

Clemson is winning a National Title in three years, that’s the why. 😁. Certainly not a money issue. Clemson offered her a full ride in September
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Ward deciding to forego another year of eligibility, now hearing AS might not be the only recruit leaving. what's going at Syracuse?
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Kleizaster wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:44 pm Ward deciding to forego another year of eligibility, now hearing AS might not be the only recruit leaving. what's going at Syracuse?
Interesting. Wouldn’t be surprised if her YJ teammate goes elsewhere. I wonder if this could start a ripple effect of kids decommiting before Nov.
LiveLaxLove

Post by LiveLaxLove »

Kleizaster wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:44 pm Ward deciding to forego another year of eligibility, now hearing AS might not be the only recruit leaving. what's going at Syracuse?
I think the girls are starting to see the writing on the wall with the future of these programs. The landscape of college athletics has changed drastically in the last 6 months. Some schools won't be able to compete at the top level in the near future.
LaxNJ71

Post by LaxNJ71 »

LiveLaxLove wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:50 pm
I think the girls are starting to see the writing on the wall with the future of these programs. The landscape of college athletics has changed drastically in the last 6 months. Some schools won't be able to compete at the top level in the near future.
Can you say more about this? Are there certain kinds of schools that will be more or less affected by these changes - ie schools with or without football teams, FCS v FBS football, etc.?
LiveLaxLove

Post by LiveLaxLove »

LaxNJ71 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:52 pm
Can you say more about this? Are there certain kinds of schools that will be more or less affected by these changes - ie schools with or without football teams, FCS v FBS football, etc.?
Just watch who:
-invests in their facilities
-starts handing out full scholarships to everyone
-maxes out roster limits

You'll know very quickly who will be competing at the highest level.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Kinda stinks but I guess in reality that’s how it’s been the last years anyway with the exception of JMU once, it’s always the same old teams. Names will change but it will once again only come down to four or five teams.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

LiveLaxLove wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:54 pm
Just watch who:
-maxes out roster limits

In short, Clemson. It's honestly kind of insane how aggressive they've been in their ambitions and just flat out forcing recruits to consider them. I don't think there's ever been a program this aggressive in the women's game. This does indeed feel like a shift in the sport. Clemson has fired the first shot and you know FSU will follow the blue print and all top programs will have to adjust. Name recognition alone will no longer carry the weight it once used to.
LiveLaxLove

Post by LiveLaxLove »

Relax77 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:56 pm
Kinda stinks but I guess in reality that’s how it’s been the last years anyway with the exception of JMU once, it’s always the same old teams. Names will change but it will once again only come down to four or five teams.
The good thing.... People can't half-ass these elite girls anymore, or their programs will be put to shame. It's damn time the premier wlax athletes got the treatment they deserved (not high school playing fields, run down treatment spaces, and porter johns).
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

LiveLaxLove wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:01 pm
Relax77 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:56 pm
The good thing.... People can't half-ass these elite girls anymore, or their programs will be put to shame. It's damn time the premier wlax athletes got the treatment they deserved (not high school playing fields, run down treatment spaces, and porter johns).
I guess. But what about the other 100 teams that don’t? Still sucks for them and the kids going there. Is what it is.
LaxNJ71

Post by LaxNJ71 »

LiveLaxLove wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:54 pm
Just watch who:
-maxes out roster limits

Got ya. You seem to have some insight so I was wondering if you could say more. Of course we will all see in time.
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

Oh just wait Get the popcorn
cdb

Post by cdb »

I believe it is little early to determine the reason why kids are choosing Clemson over another school. In the past Clemson has shown it will spend money to build the kind of facilities needed to support its teams, but the school wants out of the ACC -- and is presently part of a law suit to try to restructure the ACC agreement that will allow to leave the conference. So far there has been much speculation, but, as of yet, no resolution that allows Clemson to leave for many years. But Clemson is not a poor school. Folks also mention Florida State who began the law suit to get out of the ACC -- yet hasn't been invited elsewhere yet and is not a wealthy school -- and so far, has not shown its alumni base will come up with the bucks to support a top ranked Lacrosse program -- I am not aware of Syracuse's expenses, but I know that BC is loaded -- mostly because until recently, it has not spent as much as it probably should have on athletics -- but did recently raise coach salaries to new highs,

Just getting into th SEC or BIG 10 or whatever it is called now, does not guarantee success -- both Rutgers and MD do not have strong finances -- so, they may or may not spend on Women's LAX --Rutgers probably not. MD doesn't really have the money it needs, but it is such a strong LAX program heaped in such tradition that one cannot imagine there being WLAX without a great MD team involved.

I just don't think we can make predictions yet -- soon the path wlll be clear -- Clemson is spending tons of money to improve the program and will soon have a LAX only stadium -- but, it takes time to build a power in Lacrosse -- it took Northwestern time -- it took BC time and it probably will take Clemson time -- why not wait and see -- I really don't believe athletes are leaving for Clemson because they believe Syracuse is falling apart. We do not know the reason any athlete leaves. Most analysts always mention how much all of these athletes love their head coaches -- especially those who have played the game at a very high level. CUSE is a football school and has promised to spend tons of money on its athletes. So why would they not spend the money on a very successful LAX program.

Syracuse had also agreed to pay the big bucks to athletes and has a highly successful Lacrosse program -- it's football team is expected to have a very strong year and it has always had strong basketball teams -- I cannot imagine why they wouldn't continue that success. CUSE's WLAX coach is one of the best college players to ever play -- she was a great offensive assistant coach at BC and is one of the youngest head coaches in WLAX. To me it doesn't make sense that girls would be leaving her because they are afraid that CUSE will not support the team. Now, if Clemson is paying NIL directly to the players involved -- as is done in men's football and basketball to recruit transfers -- I might change my opinion. I haven't heard that Clemson is doing that -- please let me know if I am incorrect about that.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”