NCAA Tournament 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
The12lov3

Re: NCAA Tournament 2024

Post by The12lov3 »

[/quote]

Not sure what it says but losing twice in a year to an RPI team that I can’t say I ever thought was that impressive (in terms of a top 5 team) says a lot about RIT. If RIT is as good as some people think (and say) they are they should’ve beaten RPI one of those times by atleast 5. Losing to a team twice in a year speaks volumes. CNU went through some things early in the year but they have one of the best players in the country. RIT is not matching up with him IMO.
[/quote]

Dunno much about CNU, nor do I know if Cook was playing but RIT plays the same style of lacrosse that Tufts does. Very fast, lots of pressure on the rides, extremely dangerous on the transition game. If CNU plays anything like the way they played Tufts, they will get destroyed which is why I said in my last post that they need to look at that game and fix the mistakes they made. I am by no means an RIT fan but Joe Perry was the difference in the those games. He has 24 saves in the first game and I believe 19 in the second game. His save percentage was over 65% in those two games alone. Take that down to 60% which is still high and RIT has an undefeated season. To beat RIT, CNU will need to slow the game down, figure out how to deal with deep zone pressure, and pray their goalie has the game of his life because he will get a lot of shots. RIT is not unbeatable, CNU just needs to play their best game of the season. Anyone can beat anyone else in the NCAA Tournament. We see it all the time. Good luck to CNU and to RIT. May the better executing team win.
Low2high22

Post by Low2high22 »

The12lov3 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 3:20 pm
Not sure what it says but losing twice in a year to an RPI team that I can’t say I ever thought was that impressive (in terms of a top 5 team) says a lot about RIT. If RIT is as good as some people think (and say) they are they should’ve beaten RPI one of those times by atleast 5. Losing to a team twice in a year speaks volumes. CNU went through some things early in the year but they have one of the best players in the country. RIT is not matching up with him IMO.
[/quote]

Dunno much about CNU, nor do I know if Cook was playing but RIT plays the same style of lacrosse that Tufts does. Very fast, lots of pressure on the rides, extremely dangerous on the transition game. If CNU plays anything like the way they played Tufts, they will get destroyed which is why I said in my last post that they need to look at that game and fix the mistakes they made. I am by no means an RIT fan but Joe Perry was the difference in the those games. He has 24 saves in the first game and I believe 19 in the second game. His save percentage was over 65% in those two games alone. Take that down to 60% which is still high and RIT has an undefeated season. To beat RIT, CNU will need to slow the game down, figure out how to deal with deep zone pressure, and pray their goalie has the game of his life because he will get a lot of shots. RIT is not unbeatable, CNU just needs to play their best game of the season. Anyone can beat anyone else in the NCAA Tournament. We see it all the time. Good luck to CNU and to RIT. May the better executing team win.
[/quote]

Please stop, RPI was a top team all year, you clearly didn’t watch either games where they beat RIT
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

Low2high22 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 3:41 pm
Please stop, RPI was a top team all year, you clearly didn’t watch either games where they beat RIT
I did watch both games and Joe Perry played out of his mind. That is the reason they won. Not saying RPI is not a really good team, but I have said this before that they played 5 one goal games. If those go the other way, top team in the country would not even be on the table. Does not take away what they accomplished this season. They had an excellent season and should be proud of it but the facts are they were not blowing teams out like other teams. All I am saying is that their goalie was the difference in RIT games just like Hobbs was the difference for Bowdoin. Hobbs save percentage was 80%. If that goes down to 60%, RPI wins and they play Middlebury.
Backlax

Post by Backlax »

Salisbury over W&L by 5+
RIT over CNU by 7+
Tufts in a burn burner over SJF by 2(Dobbins is a Sals guy- will have his boys freaking pumped)
Bowdoin over Midd +/- 1 going w/the bears

Great weekend of lacrosse!
OinkWoof

Post by OinkWoof »

The12lov3 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:02 pm
I did watch both games and Joe Perry played out of his mind. That is the reason they won. Not saying RPI is not a really good team, but I have said this before that they played 5 one goal games. If those go the other way, top team in the country would not even be on the table. Does not take away what they accomplished this season. They had an excellent season and should be proud of it but the facts are they were not blowing teams out like other teams. All I am saying is that their goalie was the difference in RIT games just like Hobbs was the difference for Bowdoin. Hobbs save percentage was 80%. If that goes down to 60%, RPI wins and they play Middlebury.
Hobbs had 21 saves, meaning 26 SOG and thus 60% save percentage still would have been enough for Bowdoin to win 12 to 10. Hobbs was lights out, but Bowdoin did play well in the other facets of the game and it cheapens it a little to just say it was a hot goalie.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Sooooo yeah, CNU by 600 over RIT. (read: 599 goals automatically assigned by the lax gods for their stewardship and class regarding their choice to send off my Cavs with love and grace, and one actual goal)
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

OinkWoof wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:43 pm
The12lov3 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:02 pm
Hobbs had 21 saves, meaning 26 SOG and thus 60% save percentage still would have been enough for Bowdoin to win 12 to 10. Hobbs was lights out, but Bowdoin did play well in the other facets of the game and it cheapens it a little to just say it was a hot goalie.
Hobbs is a very good goalie and he set the tone that day for Bowden. They did play well in other areas of the game but psychologically there is a difference between playing the 2nd quarter and onward up by one, then two, then three, then four, etc then going into the fourth tied 8 to 8. At the end of the day, RPI got spanked by Bowden. The game was over 2 minutes into the 4th when Bowdoin took a 10 - 3 lead. They were never coming back from that at that point in the game.

A hot goalie can make all the difference during tournament time. Listen it is a team sports so a hot goalie does not devalue the win in my opinion. In fact, A hot goalie can make the difference between winning a championship and going home without HW.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

MVPiccoli wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:02 pm Sooooo yeah, CNU by 600 over RIT. (read: 599 goals automatically assigned by the lax gods for their stewardship and class regarding their choice to send off my Cavs with love and grace, and one actual goal)
That was the classiest thing I have ever seen and all the parents of the kids at CNU should be proud, In addition, can't say enough about Cabrini and their coach for sticking it out. Kudos to both those teams.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

The12lov3 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:02 pm All I am saying is that their goalie was the difference in RIT games just like Hobbs was the difference for Bowdoin. Hobbs save percentage was 80%. If that goes down to 60%, RPI wins and they play Middlebury.
Bowdoin still would have won by multiple goals if you dropped Hobbs’ save percentage by 20 points - that’s how one-sided it was.

Edit: someone already mentioned this…great minds think alike :D
SaltCounty

Post by SaltCounty »

I'm going with...

Salisbury over W&L - competitive, but Gulls by more than a few
Tufts over St. John Fischer - high scoring game both ways
Bowdoin over Middlebury - this feels like one of those games where there will be a 5-10 minute gap where Bowdoin pulls away by enough
RIT over CNU - another high scoring game both ways.

As for Sunday...

Salisbury over Tufts - starts close, than Gulls pull away
RIT over Bowdoin - Shootout similar to Babson, but too much for the Polar Bears
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

ah23 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:56 am
The12lov3 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:02 pm All I am saying is that their goalie was the difference in RIT games just like Hobbs was the difference for Bowdoin. Hobbs save percentage was 80%. If that goes down to 60%, RPI wins and they play Middlebury.
Bowdoin still would have won by multiple goals if you dropped Hobbs’ save percentage by 20 points - that’s how one-sided it was.

Edit: someone already mentioned this…great minds think alike :D
Perhaps I need to learn math :). In any case, Bowdoin deserved to win the game and played probably their best game of the year.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

SaltCounty wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 7:01 am I'm going with...

Salisbury over W&L - competitive, but Gulls by more than a few
Tufts over St. John Fischer - high scoring game both ways
Bowdoin over Middlebury - this feels like one of those games where there will be a 5-10 minute gap where Bowdoin pulls away by enough
RIT over CNU - another high scoring game both ways.

As for Sunday...

Salisbury over Tufts - starts close, than Gulls pull away
RIT over Bowdoin - Shootout similar to Babson, but too much for the Polar Bears

Salisbury over W&L agree with.
Tufts over St John Fischer - I think Tufts blows them out. Might be over at half. TU is playing angry after the Hamilton loss.
Midd over Bowdoin - Midd shows up for this game
RIT over CNU - RIT contains cook and the attack proves to be too much.

Semi-Final - will not predict but Tufts - Salisbury will be fun to watch.
Motorman

Post by Motorman »

Reviewing 2024 Preseason Poll, looks like Inside Lacrosse almost nailed it. 7 of teams in Elite 8 were in preseason top 8. SJF being the only outlier.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

How did SJF lose most of their OOC games this year? Seem to be much better then their record would suggest. RIT I get and possibly St Lawrence but the rest of the team they lost to do not make a whole lot of sense.
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

The12lov3 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:02 am How did SJF lose most of their OOC games this year? Seem to be much better then their record would suggest. RIT I get and possibly St Lawrence but the rest of the team they lost to do not make a whole lot of sense.
Getting hot at the right time as they have won 9 out of their last 10 games.

They aren't as bad as their record and scores would indicate. That being said they have been punching above their weight with good strategies on offense and defense as well as timely face offs and goaltending.

Great run for Fisher, but sadly it comes to an end this weekend
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

Leonard Washington wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:41 pm
The12lov3 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:02 am How did SJF lose most of their OOC games this year? Seem to be much better then their record would suggest. RIT I get and possibly St Lawrence but the rest of the team they lost to do not make a whole lot of sense.
Getting hot at the right time as they have won 9 out of their last 10 games.

They aren't as bad as their record and scores would indicate. That being said they have been punching above their weight with good strategies on offense and defense as well as timely face offs and goaltending.

Great run for Fisher, but sadly it comes to an end this weekend

Nothing is a sure thing as we have seen in this tournament and Tufts laid an egg against Hamilton. I would think that SJF and Hamilton are on the same level. Both are really good teams with potential to upset anyone (as demonstrated already)
W&Lacrosse75

Post by W&Lacrosse75 »

Anyone notice that Salisbury, CNU, W&L, Middlebury, and Tufts all have both men’s and women’s teams in the Tournament? Quite a feat and dedication to the game.
W&Lacrosse75

Post by W&Lacrosse75 »

W&Lacrosse75 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:09 pm Anyone notice that Salisbury, CNU, W&L, Middlebury, and Tufts all have both men’s and women’s teams in the Tournament? Quite a feat and dedication to the game.
Oh, and I left out St John Fisher as well.
MarionBarry

Post by MarionBarry »

Predictions:
Salisbury 17, w&l 10
Tufts 22, sjf 12
Rit 13, cnu 11
Bowdoin 15, mid 14

Salisbury 19, Tufts 13
Rit 17, bowdoin 16
W&Lacrosse75

Post by W&Lacrosse75 »

W&Lacrosse75 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:47 pm
W&Lacrosse75 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:09 pm Anyone notice that Salisbury, CNU, W&L, Middlebury, and Tufts all have both men’s and women’s teams in the Tournament? Quite a feat and dedication to the game.
Oh, and I left out St John Fisher as well.
Babson, Roanoke, Denison, Cabrini, and Stevens were also in for both mens and womens to start the tourney. That’s 11 teams in both sides of the tourney.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”