Navy Offense -> Mike Phipps
PSU Defense -> Bucci
Providence Offense
Providence Defense -> Casey Broderson
St. John's Offense
St. John's Defense -> Chris Fisher
UMass Lowell Offense
UMass Lowell Defense
Last edited by AreaLax on Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
DoubleD

Re: Coaching Carousel-2022

Post by DoubleD »

Yes Lacalandra is a great player and going on to Ohio State is a great opportunity for him. Tough loss but Blake Behlen is a stud with 36 goals last season and Sean Boll scored 25 goals only starting half a season at attack. He's a great player too. Some players weren't that happy with Wolf honestly. Lacalandra is the only one who went into the portal and losing Blume to graduation. Whole team is back next season. Wolf is a good HC but losing the OC last yr forced him into that role and he's very conservative offensively. Could be a reason Lacalandra went into the portal to begin with but IDK. The Defense is very good. Chris Cambell is a two time All Conference LSM amd they have two really good D middies who should be two ways next season. Wolf was more of a clear and dump coach. It's a good opportunity for a young HC to step in and do well in the MAAC.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

AreaLax wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:40 pm
nyjay wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:29 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:20 pm
AreaLax wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:32 pm
AreaLax wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:20 pm Phipps goes back to Navy. Didn’t see that one coming

https://twitter.com/tyxanders/status/15 ... oARk4AnHpA
Will be interesting to see the title. He was Associate HC at GT
between umd and navy/annapolis, phipps was never long for georgetown.
I would have thought he stayed at G'Town until he got an HC job (or MD OC job). Surprising to me at least.
Hearing lots of $$ thrown at him plus the love for Navy. My guess he probably the highest paid OC.
Makes sense. I would have loved him at Hop and would have tried to find the $ (no offense to Crawley, just think Phipps is really good).
jersey shore lax

Post by jersey shore lax »

Tim McIntee

McIntee is probably best-known for elevating the Manhattan College lacrosse program to Division I status as the head coach of the Jaspers from November 1997 through June 2012. During his 15 seasons in Riverdale, he established Manhattan as a perennial contender in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference, taking the Jaspers to the four-team MAAC Tournament seven times (2000, 2002, 2004-05 and 2008-10). His 2002 squad went undefeated (9-0) in conference play to capture the program’s first-ever MAAC Championship and automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament. McIntee was named MAAC Coach of the Year for the second of three times in his career and the 11 victories that season were the most in team history. He is the winningest coach in Manhattan lacrosse history, compiling a 93 wins.

A graduate of LIUPost in Brookville, New York, with a degree in criminal justice, McIntee was a three-time NCAA All-American and a four-year letterwinner as a lacrosse midfielder

McIntee is also a 2011 LIU Post Hall of Fame inductee in both lacrosse and football.
molo

Post by molo »

And had a helluva lefty outside shot.
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

AreaLax wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:16 pm Head Coach
Providence -> Benson
St. John’s -> Turri
Bryant-> Ross
Manhattan -> Odierna
LIU
NJIT -> Wolf
UMass Lowell -> Kelleher

Assistant Coach
Bellarmine Offense
Bryant -> Chris Gabrielli
Canisius Offense
Georgetown Offense
Holy Cross Offense -> Euker
Hopkins Offense -> Crawley
Lehigh Offense
LIU Offense
Maryland Offense
Michigan Offense
PSU Defense -> Bucci
Providence Offense
St. John's Offense
UMass Lowell Offense
UMass Lowell Defense
Who is the next young coach that will be a head coach soon?
Dux917

Post by Dux917 »

Former Providence assistant Matt Francis takes an assistant coach position at Lehigh

https://twitter.com/tyxanders/status/15 ... 8859840515
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Exlaxbro wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:14 pm
Providence -> Benson
St. John’s -> Turri
Bryant-> Ross
Manhattan -> Odierna
LIU
NJIT -> Wolf
UMass Lowell -> Kelleher

Assistant Coach
Bellarmine Offense
Canisius Offense
Georgetown Offense
Lehigh Offense
LIU Offense
Maryland Offense
Michigan Offense
PSU Defense -> Bucci
Providence Offense
St. John's Offense
UMass Lowell Offense
UMass Lowell Defense
Jeremy Hirsch
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
cuseman4133

Post by cuseman4133 »

Head Coach
Providence -> Benson
St. John’s -> Turri
Bryant-> Ross
Manhattan -> Odierna
LIU
NJIT -> Wolf
UMass Lowell -> Kelleher

Assistant Coach
Bellarmine Offense
Canisius Offense
Georgetown Offense
Lehigh Offense -> Matt Francis
LIU Offense
Maryland Offense -> Jake Bernhardt
Michigan Offense
PSU Defense -> Bucci
Providence Offense
St. John's Offense
UMass Lowell Offense
UMass Lowell Defense
118:24 #HHH
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:50 pm
Exlaxbro wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:14 pm
Providence -> Benson
St. John’s -> Turri
Bryant-> Ross
Manhattan -> Odierna
LIU
NJIT -> Wolf
UMass Lowell -> Kelleher

Assistant Coach
Bellarmine Offense
Canisius Offense
Georgetown Offense
Lehigh Offense
LIU Offense
Maryland Offense
Michigan Offense
PSU Defense -> Bucci
Providence Offense
St. John's Offense
UMass Lowell Offense
UMass Lowell Defense
Jeremy Hirsch
Good call. I can see that.
Muleski

Post by Muleski »

Jeremy Hirsch is a very hot contender….but he can also be smart and very choosy. He might make a move NEXT year, 2023 hiring season…..or keep waiting for the right one. No lack of interest in his career.
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

Mercy's Jordan Lavine hired as new LIU coach.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

U Albany’s
Jordan Levine.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jersey shore lax wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:30 am Tim McIntee

McIntee is probably best-known for elevating the Manhattan College lacrosse program to Division I status as the head coach of the Jaspers from November 1997 through June 2012. During his 15 seasons in Riverdale, he established Manhattan as a perennial contender in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference, taking the Jaspers to the four-team MAAC Tournament seven times (2000, 2002, 2004-05 and 2008-10). His 2002 squad went undefeated (9-0) in conference play to capture the program’s first-ever MAAC Championship and automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament. McIntee was named MAAC Coach of the Year for the second of three times in his career and the 11 victories that season were the most in team history. He is the winningest coach in Manhattan lacrosse history, compiling a 93 wins.

A graduate of LIUPost in Brookville, New York, with a degree in criminal justice, McIntee was a three-time NCAA All-American and a four-year letterwinner as a lacrosse midfielder

McIntee is also a 2011 LIU Post Hall of Fame inductee in both lacrosse and football.
And an absolute disaster at Dartmouth. Bad guy.
IMO.
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

DoubleD wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:04 pm Mercy's Jordan Lavine hired as new LIU coach.
Is this actually confirmed!? That would be a strong hire to replace Wolf!
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

It's not official yet but yes he's the guy. Should be official in a day or two. It's a great hire for LIU and everyone around the program is excited.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:19 pm

IMO.
:shock:

DocBarrister :shock:
@DocBarrister
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:15 am

IMO.

yup.
jersey shore lax

Post by jersey shore lax »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:36 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:15 am

IMO.

yup.
Was an assistant at Dartmouth for two years and departed when Andy Towers was let go, he wasn't there long enough to do a good or bad job (IMHO) he was arguably the best player in LIU/CWPost history and has a tone of experience, lot's of "bad" guys in coaching, just win baby
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

IDK Tom Postel might be the greatest to ever play at Post. He's up there tho

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”