Syracuse 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
HopFan16

Re: Syracuse 2022

Post by HopFan16 »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:34 am
HopFan16 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:50 am
DMac wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:47 am Another bullschitder coming on to stir the pot, and you just knew someone would take the cheap shot.
Neither of the Gaits have a history of knowingly violating NCAA regs, your dig is better suited directed
at Simmie and if you ever sat down and talked with him about the whole deal you might have a different
opinion about the violation.
Relax
You added an "S" to violation.......assuming you meant multiple ?

Dude......plenty of well hidden dirt on the Homewood homies. Rolling suspensions, DUI's.......drug test failures........all down in "charm" city...HUN.

man.....relax
Yes, genius, that's the point. A lot went on during the previous staff's tenure, so it's rich that someone would act like there's simply no way their new assistant coach could possibly commit any sort of violation whatsoever.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:53 am
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:34 am
HopFan16 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:50 am
DMac wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:47 am Another bullschitder coming on to stir the pot, and you just knew someone would take the cheap shot.
Neither of the Gaits have a history of knowingly violating NCAA regs, your dig is better suited directed
at Simmie and if you ever sat down and talked with him about the whole deal you might have a different
opinion about the violation.
Relax
You added an "S" to violation.......assuming you meant multiple ?

Dude......plenty of well hidden dirt on the Homewood homies. Rolling suspensions, DUI's.......drug test failures........all down in "charm" city...HUN.

man.....relax
Yes, genius, that's the point. A lot went on during the previous staff's tenure, so it's rich that someone would act like there's simply no way their new assistant coach could possibly commit any sort of violation whatsoever.
Does this the laxmafia will give Cuse a pass, on negative stories......now......b/c the legend of Hopkins has trasped up to the land of little sunshine?

The violations was in reference to Coach Simmons..........and the ncaa can go you know where..... :idea: :idea:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

As a Syracuse fan, I hope that the program is run cleanly and there are no major violations. Right now, it's not something I'm terribly worried about.

I also hope that Coach P can figure out how Syracuse can play effective defense and compete in the ACC. Will Kennedy be moved to close defense? If so, who is playing LSM and will they be able to have some impact in the middle of the field? Does Coach P value playmakers on defense the way the previous coaches did? What kind of influence will Coach G have on how the team plays defense? Right now, I have more worries about these questions than I do about the history of NCAA violations the current coaching staff have ever been (directly or tangentially) involved in.
bananas

Post by bananas »

Every program has some minor violations in their closets but wouldn't sweat chatter on Internet . Cuse program ahh players cleaned up the major issue last year that overhang , kudos to them for being responsible. Kennedy is one of the best lsm in game who impacts mf son both ends so wouldn't move . Like Khan , he's another local new jerseyan who should have came home for final year , could been receiving long outlets from Kirst. Like to face Syracuse at home because they draw attention and fans. We've split the last two but could have won both. Might be fifth best in acc but can't overlook their talents , congrats on new staff doing well on recruiting circuit.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Anyone see the SU v OSU scrimmage?
Powellfan22

Post by Powellfan22 »

oldbartman wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:29 pm Anyone see the SU v OSU scrimmage?
It was held in the indoor practice facility, no fans allowed. Details should be hard to come by unfortunately.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Powellfan22 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:19 pm
oldbartman wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:29 pm Anyone see the SU v OSU scrimmage?
It was held in the indoor practice facility, no fans allowed. Details should be hard to come by unfortunately.

Thanks. Don't get the secrecy.
DMac

Post by DMac »

I think this is more a matter of the facility not being able to accommodate fans in that there's just no/very little room for them in there. I'd guess it's more a liability factor than a secrecy factor. While I get that that facility is great for practicing, particularly in a place like Cuse which offers more than its fair share of inclement (this word should be spelled inclimate...c'mon, you just trying to make things difficult here?) weather, I hate it as I haven't seen any fall ball since it was built. Used to never miss it, was nice to get an early look at the boys as well as the visiting teams. If this were hoops or football you'd get some press but you'll get nothing about the red headed step child.
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Team coverage has been gaited
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Only way to find out is to dive past security
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

what little that has come out:
- cuse rolled osu (third hand)
- dordevic maybe probable at attack for now
- yale also jumped up to the cuse and scrimmaged at least the orange.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:55 am what little that has come out:
Heard from an OSU source that it was pretty even with starters in on both teams. Lots of players getting used to each other. Dordevic at attack sounds like Coach Gait is really mixing things up to find the right combinations.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

The Dordevic to attack thing is interesting and seems to be really happening. I think there was talk of him moving to attack before Scanlan transferred to SU, but I could be wrong about that. I wonder how much Gait is influencing this move, because March has been the OC for the past 2 seasons and Dordevic has been at midfield for each of them. If I take a very simple look at where the other (likely) starting attackmen take up space on the field, Dordevic does fit. I picture Hiltz on the lefty wing, Seebold at X and Dordevic on the righty wing. However, Dordevic does like dodging and will probably be behind the goal some of the time. I think he and Seebold are pretty interchangeable at X and the righty wing.

The previous coaching staff seemed to load up their first midfield line and put guys at attack that seemed to be daring opposing teams to double pole the midfield. This seems like a change from that strategy. It makes me think that the offense may look different in 2022 even though it's the same OC. Of course, the offense in 2020 looked different than the offense in 2021. This does take talent away from the midfield. The first line was probably going to be Dordevic, Curry and Quinn before this move. I don't know who is taking the open spot on the 1's. Buttermore?

Edit:
I also wonder where this puts SU's attack vs. other top attack units. I think they're a top 10 attack unit with TD at attack. Obviously, it probably weakens the midfield and the offense as a whole is what matters, not just the attack unit.
Powellfan22

Post by Powellfan22 »

ohmilax34 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:30 pm
The Dordevic to attack thing is interesting and seems to be really happening. I think there was talk of him moving to attack before Scanlan transferred to SU, but I could be wrong about that. I wonder how much Gait is influencing this move, because March has been the OC for the past 2 seasons and Dordevic has been at midfield for each of them. If I take a very simple look at where the other (likely) starting attackmen take up space on the field, Dordevic does fit. I picture Hiltz on the lefty wing, Seebold at X and Dordevic on the righty wing. However, Dordevic does like dodging and will probably be behind the goal some of the time. I think he and Seebold are pretty interchangeable at X and the righty wing.

The previous coaching staff seemed to load up their first midfield line and put guys at attack that seemed to be daring opposing teams to double pole the midfield. This seems like a change from that strategy. It makes me think that the offense may look different in 2022 even though it's the same OC. Of course, the offense in 2020 looked different than the offense in 2021. This does take talent away from the midfield. The first line was probably going to be Dordevic, Curry and Quinn before this move. I don't know who is taking the open spot on the 1's. Buttermore?

Edit:
I also wonder where this puts SU's attack vs. other top attack units. I think they're a top 10 attack unit with TD at attack. Obviously, it probably weakens the midfield and the offense as a whole is what matters, not just the attack unit.
The offense in 2020 and 2021 was predicated on exploiting short stick match-ups from the midfield. What worked in 2020 didn't work so well in 2021 when defenses got wise and started short-sticking the attack (notably Chase Scanlan who really seemed to press when he got the shorty).

There were other issues as well of course, the defense didn't play well and the face-off unit struggled unless they were playing UVA. Overall it seemed like the offense never adjusted to the defenses putting a pole on both Curry and Dordevic (plus Trimboli wasn't nearly effective in '21 as he was in '20), so moving Dordevic to attack, to me at least, signifies that they will not stress so much about matchups, and just want the ball in their best players' sticks.

I think moving Dordevic down to attack helps balance things out and spreads the wealth. Plus, the team's top offensive talent is on the field full time.

That third midfield spot is a question. Buttermore is back with the team but he struggled before injury in '21 and didn't produce much in the shortened 2020 season. He is supposedly out for the fall with that injury he picked up last Spring. I assume he would get the starting spot if healthy but I have no idea who is taking that starting spot in the meantime. There are lots of candidates but none who produced a point for Syracuse last year.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:36 am Color film of Jim Brown: https://twitter.com/laxmavn/status/1457153782169710592.
In that video, Jim Brown doesn’t even seem to be breaking a sweat.

DocBarrister :shock: :o
@DocBarrister
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:39 am
Matnum PI wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:36 am Color film of Jim Brown: https://twitter.com/laxmavn/status/1457153782169710592.

Jim Brown said that if there had been a professional lacrosse league when he graduated from Syracuse he would have joined it. An MLB team, I'm thinking the NY Giants, offered him $100,000 to sign even though he hadn't played college baseball.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
DMac

Post by DMac »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:39 am

No, he doesn't. Then again it doesn't look as if there's a whole lot of defense going on there that would require one to have to exert himself all that much. I can think of a few D men who might have made that play a little more difficult than the ones on the field there. No doubt Jimmy was real good but that clip doesn't show a heck of a lot of anything.
Sidelinehorn!

Post by Sidelinehorn! »

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”