Lacrosse Analytics

D1 Mens Lacrosse
laxreference

Re: Lacrosse Analytics

Post by laxreference »

As always, here is the top individual EGA performances of the past week. The full post is here, but here are the highlights...

Conor Calderone (BU) had 31 faceoff wins (and 9.27 EGA) in the Terriers' demolition of Lafayette. It was a dominant performance, and when you pair it with D'Alto's 7 goals and 7 assists; it is one of the best 1-2 teammate combo days I've ever seen.

Here is how the rest of the top 10 shook out:

Vince D'Alto (BU) - 8.16 EGA
Asher Nolting (HPU) - 8.27 EGA
Matt Brandau (YALE) - 7.99 EGA
Sam King (HARV) - 7.76 EGA
Cole Brams (UTAH) - 8.11 EGA
Richie LaCalandra (LIU) - 7.48 EGA
Tucker Dordevic (SYR) - 7.19 EGA
Max Semple (DREX) - 6.64 EGA
Matt Campbell (NOVA) - 6.56 EGA
Data Engineer/Lacrosse Fan --- Twitter: @laxreference --- Informed fans get Expected Goals, the new daily newsletter from LacrosseReference
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

Duke's outlook has been a hot topic of discussion this week. I think their NCAA chances are probably a lot higher than people think.
Data Engineer/Lacrosse Fan --- Twitter: @laxreference --- Informed fans get Expected Goals, the new daily newsletter from LacrosseReference
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

Here's a quick rundown of some of the finals

Boston U vs Navy

Does BU stand for Bully University?

For the season, the Terriers have turned over their opponent on 50.7% of the possessions they have faced. And that doesn't include failed clears. That's right. If a team clears the ball against BU, there is still a better than even odds chances that ... Read More

Richmond vs Virginia

I've been talking about the Richmond offense all season. We've been used to the Spiders' defense being formidable, but coming into this game, the Richmond offense was the #11 opponent-adjusted offense in the country. I don't think we should be looking at this game as a failure of the UVA ... Read More

Brown vs Princeton

Things you love to see. Players increasing their volume without sacrificing their efficiency. That was Alex Slusher against Brown, who took a season-high 12 shots and still shot 50%. The 6 goals was a season high and most importantly, it was also one of his most efficient games of ... Read More

Marquette vs Providence

Yes, the Providence defense entered this one as the 58th rated opponent-adjusted defense in the country. But still, you don't see 9-goal quarters very often. It was just the 22nd time that's happened this year.

The Golden Eagles onslaught included 17 shots, of which 13 were on cage. ... Read More

VMI vs Mercer

Kudos to the Keydets for finishing this one against Mercer. Coming in to this game, their goal margins by quarter went:

Q1: -8
Q2: -10
Q3: -27
Q4: -37

For whatever reason, they've had a hard time finishing games. Not today. Today, in the 4th quarter, VMI held their ground.

Sure, you could argue that ... Read More

Fairfield vs Hofstra

Oof. With 10:19 left in Q4, the Pride scored to go up 10-8 on Fairfield. At the time, their win probability was 83%.

Over the final 10 minutes, Hofstra then put a grand total of 1 shots on cage. The watched as Fairfield scored the final 4 tallies, including 3 goals ... Read More

North Carolina vs Duke

It's never been one thing for Duke this year. They just seem to either be in a funk or not so much.

But one stat to keep an eye on is their turnover rate. In 9 wins this year, the Blue Devils have turned the ball over 30.6% of the ... Read More

And the links for the rest of the day's games...
Marist vs Quinnipiac
Robert Morris vs Detroit
Siena vs Monmouth
Canisius vs Manhattan
High Point vs Jacksonville
Lehigh vs Lafayette
Maryland vs Michigan
UMBC vs Vermont
LIU vs Bryant
Loyola vs Holy Cross
Cleveland State vs Bellarmine
Villanova vs St. John's
Delaware vs UMass
Cornell vs Dartmouth
Colgate vs Harvard
Army vs Bucknell
Hobart vs Saint Joseph's
Mount St Marys vs Merrimack
Utah vs Air Force
Georgetown vs Denver
Syracuse vs Notre Dame
Penn vs Yale
Towson vs Drexel
Sacred Heart vs Wagner
Albany vs UMass-Lowell
Binghamton vs NJIT
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

As always, here is the top individual EGA performances of the past week. The full post is here, but here are the highlights...

Brennan O'Neill (DUKE) had 6.80 EGA in the win over UNC. Was this the Duke offense turning a corner? Or should we expect at least one more dud the rest of the way?

Cj Kirst (COR) - 7.03 EGA
Timmy Ley (BU) - 6.21 EGA
Luke Wierman (MD) - 6.84 EGA
Johnny Richiusa (CAN) - 6.85 EGA
Alex Slusher (PRIN) - 6.32 EGA
Will Coletti (ARMY) - 6.56 EGA
Matt Constantinides (TOW) - 6.58 EGA
Pat Kavanagh (ND) - 5.85 EGA
Bobby O'Grady (MARQ) - 5.94 EGA
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

Here's what I submitted for my Top 20 this week.

lacrossereference_rankings_20220411_NCAAD1Men.jpg
lacrossereference_rankings_20220411_NCAAD1Men.jpg (112.44 KiB) Viewed 1335 times
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

Luke Williams (MARQ) put up 8.43 EGA against STJ. As Georgetown has risen over the past few years, it's taken some of the shine off of Marquette, but he's a guy that's going to have to keep developing for them to challenge at the top of the Big East.

Chris Lyons (YALE) - 7.37 EGA
Matt Brandau (YALE) - 6.73 EGA
Will Lynch (ND) - 7.32 EGA
Brandon Dodd (AFA) - 6.91 EGA
Michael McCormack (UVM) - 6.21 EGA
Asher Nolting (HPU) - 6.29 EGA
Mikey Sisselberger (LEH) - 6.38 EGA
Dylan Pallonetti (STNY) - 5.79 EGA
Pat Kavanagh (ND) - 5.98 EGA
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

laxreference wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:50 am As always, here is the top individual EGA performances of the past week. The full post is here, but here are the highlights...

Luke Williams (MARQ) put up 8.43 EGA against STJ. As Georgetown has risen over the past few years, it's taken some of the shine off of Marquette, but he's a guy that's going to have to keep developing for them to challenge at the top of the Big East.

Chris Lyons (YALE) - 7.37 EGA
Matt Brandau (YALE) - 6.73 EGA
Will Lynch (ND) - 7.32 EGA
Brandon Dodd (AFA) - 6.91 EGA
Michael McCormack (UVM) - 6.21 EGA
Asher Nolting (HPU) - 6.29 EGA
Mikey Sisselberger (LEH) - 6.38 EGA
Dylan Pallonetti (STNY) - 5.79 EGA
Pat Kavanagh (ND) - 5.98 EGA
Just out of curiosity, what was Longs # from Cornell as he put up 7 I believe, 4,3?
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

joewillie78 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:03 am
Just out of curiosity, what was Longs # from Cornell as he put up 7 I believe, 4,3?
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Raw EGA was 4.90. uaEGA was 3.92 (very efficient performance). Great game for Long.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

laxreference wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:15 am
joewillie78 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:03 am
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Raw EGA was 4.90. uaEGA was 3.92 (very efficient performance). Great game for Long.
Thanks, yeah we need him to have another game like that tonight
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

Here is the link to updated Bracketology with all of the weekend's games incorporated. Duke and Harvard are the 2 teams where the simulations seem to be farthest away from what the conventional wisdom says Selection Sunday will look like.
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

Here is the Updated Bracketology.

In my book, the bubble right now is Brown, Ohio State, UNC, Notre Dame, and the lower of a BU/Army PL title game.
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

Here's what I submitted for my Top-20 this week. What do you think?

lacrossereference_rankings_20220417_NCAAD1Men.jpg
lacrossereference_rankings_20220417_NCAAD1Men.jpg (112.72 KiB) Viewed 937 times
Gobigred

Post by Gobigred »

Brown too low after wins over Penn and Yale.
masondixonlax

Post by masondixonlax »

laxreference wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:11 am Here's what I submitted for my Top-20 this week. What do you think?

lacrossereference_rankings_20220417_NCAAD1Men.jpg
IMO Cornell is way to high, as is UNC and Saint Joseph's. Brown should be near top 10
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

Cornell #3 even after the loss to Army? Surprising...

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”