JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
runrussellrun

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by runrussellrun »

old salt wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:58 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:43 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:31 pm Charlie Sykes on MSNBC :
" Imagine what a second term would be like, when a President Trump realizes -- I can bend all these agencies to my will. I can tell the Air Force where to refuel...If Donald Trump figures this out, it can get a lot worse " .:lol:.

...just imagine the kickbacks.
Who authorized jet fuel price reduction for google? Using the US Government pumps........WHO?

exactly

hypocrites. Go war, go.

https://www.latimes.com/business/techno ... story.html

google help Obama win? Still a fragile system, which is great. Better take down the interweb, people are thoughting.
...did some contract flight ops for NASA. Corrupt, good old boy outfit.
Shielded from FAA oversight that regulates & inspects commercial operators.
No surprise the commercial sector has overtaken them in the space race.
How much to fly 8-10 people out to DIAMOND SHoalS tower? If you can still land a helo. Purchased by a private party for cheap. I think NOAA/NASA still use the data though :D
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

https://insidegoogle.com/wp-content/upl ... 012411.pdf

Like apple stock price, what internet market share did google have in 2009?

clean like bacteria, he is.

Google’s!successes!started!in!November!2009!when!
the!USPTO!announced!its!intention!to!give!a!soleRsource!
contract! to! the! search! engine! to! make! patent! and!
trademark!information!available!to!the!public!for!free.!
! Google’s!rivals!in!the!0ield!of!patent!and!trademark!
publishing! complained! in! writing! about! the! contract.!
The! USPTO! then! opened! the! contract! to! bidding! RR! on!
the! condition! the! service! be! provided! for! free.! USPTO!
CIO! John! Owens! continued! to! push! for! approval! of!
Google! telling! company! of0icials! in! an! email! in!
December! 2009,! “I! have! quite! a! bit! of! pressure! to! get!
this!deal!signed.”!Owens!didn't!explain!from!where!that!
pressure!was!coming.

Lost in the Cloud: Google and the US Government

and

Toby! Levin! of! DHS! stops! short! of! accusing! the!
Obama! administration! of! outright! favoritism! toward!
Google! and! said! she! does! not! fault! CIO! Kundra! for!
pressing!for!action.!But!she!says!she!was!concerned!that!
the!process!was!“moving!too!quickly.”
! !“I!wasn’t!comfortable!with!it,!but!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Google....code for NSA/IDA. Where else can you get anything you want WRT web service, email, google doc, etc for free and the service is impeccable.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:41 pm Guess Nixon was squeeky clean too ;)
:lol: Fair point.

But what I meant was: even with all that money slushing around, so far as I know, and I've read a fair amount about Watergate, Nixon didn't take any money for himself. I don't know of any schemes of Nixonian self-enrichment.
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:41 pm Of course it's the best selling book of 2018.....and is such a short time too? Amazing-on has 86% rated "Becoming" as 5 star material. Conspiracy theory insert here.
People love her. It's not all that strange. I'd love to have a beer with her. You can't throw stones at her any more than you can throw stones at Laura Bush. Just a likable, nice person.
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:41 pm Your wife owns the book......have YOU read it? It's horrible. Better than her senior Princeton thesis though. Ghost writing works.
I'm not much on non-fiction, unless stuck at an airport with nothing to read.

Got news for ya----I was a lit major, and if I had to write a memoir with no help, it would not be a flattering effort. I haven't written more than a few paragraphs in decades. There's a reason that professional writers and copy editors exist.
old salt

Post by old salt »

" Imagine what a second term would be like, when a President Trump realizes -- I can bend all these agencies to my will. I can tell the Air Force where to refuel...If Donald Trump figures this out, it can get a lot worse " .:lol:.

2 hrs later on MSNBC, former DNC head, Gov Howard Dean :

" The problem isn't Pence's trip... the big problem is using the military, which is a well respected organization, a well respected group of people. & encouraging them to be corrupt. If the Air Force, which it appears, has been part of Trump's scheme to funnel himself money at his Scottiah resort by refueling & paying much more than they should, at an airport that was about to close, & by staying there, ...using the military as part of your scheme for corruption, ...that is not only gonna be grounds for possible impeachment, even if it doesn't work, I predict he's the first President to be convicted after he leaves office. This is really serious. "

See that's where this is going. After Russiagate, this is the best they can come up with ?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

#WhackaMole by the left.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:33 pm

2 hrs later on MSNBC, former DNC head, Gov Howard Dean :

" The problem isn't Pence's trip... the big problem is using the military, which is a well respected organization, a well respected group of people. & encouraging them to be corrupt. If the Air Force, which it appears, has been part of Trump's scheme to funnel himself money at his Scottiah resort by refueling & paying much more than they should, at an airport that was about to close, & by staying there, ...using the military as part of your scheme for corruption, ...that is not only gonna be grounds for possible impeachment, even if it doesn't work, I predict he's the first President to be convicted after he leaves office. This is really serious. "

See that's where this is going. After Russiagate, this is the best they can come up with ?
Did you pay attention during the Obama years? This is what both sides do.

When you don't call "your side" out, and tell them to stop? You get more of this.

Lock her up. Why in heaven's name would you think that the other side of the aisle wouldn't stoop to the same tactics?

That said: Dean missed the target, and hit the tree.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Interesting trial balloon -- Pompeo as both SecState & Nat Sec Adv, in the Kissingerian model.
Would make for a tight national security circle with his West Point classmate as SecDef.
Should cut down on the self-serving leaks.

William Burns served on the NSC & up through the State Dept ranks from Reagan through Obama. He observed how much the NSC grew during that time, sometimes to the point of marginalizing DoS, DoD & the IC.

If it settles Trump down & reduces the turmoil, it might be a good thing.

I wonder if Pompeo offered to go back to KN & run for the Senate if Bolton didn't go.
a fan

Post by a fan »

I'm just glad Bolton is gone before he could find a country to invade.

If we could somehow get rid of Kush, we'd be in pretty good shape.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Trinity wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:59 am https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/israel- ... -1.7835823

Israel bugged the WH?
The likely Israeli spying efforts were uncovered during the Trump presidency, several former top U.S. officials said.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/ ... es-1491351
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Big deal, right? Everyone does it.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:46 pm
foreverlax wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:40 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:38 pm
foreverlax wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:12 am
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:54 am
foreverlax wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:49 am
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:34 pm saw what? the very same thing YOU chime in on, trump using the Presidency to make money? How is this any different than any other President. Speaking fees my A.S. S. Name one president who financially feathered his nest to the same extent Trump has....

Or, the question phrased another way....the the F troop truck would anyone want to stay at an expensive golf course/club next to a F fing RUNWAY. Or, put another way.......who the F would BUILD a golf course/club next to a runway, AF base ?
You're joking, right? PRedict goal post moving in terms of history, modern measures, etc. ANd of course, nuances of when money is earned. You already have, ignoring the REAL 43 PResident and his Halliburton stock ownership, zero bid contracts. To start. THAT is not important.

Who has been prosecuted for insider trading? STOCK act, lame as it is, is how old? exactly. And Obama made online searches disappear, you had to GO to DC to do any research. Unless you count those financial disclosure online, which apparently the journalists of the MSM just can't seem to find their way to.
Just the name of ONE sitting president will suffice. Try doing apples to apples....
Andrew's Harding, Jackson and Johnson. Nixon. Obama, Kennedy.....some say Grant.

But, you have define what you mean by "tRumps way" of making money off the Presidency. I really can't help someone who is not concerned that less than three years after earning "only" $500k, can purchase or hold mortgages worth $25 million. Nor question the unprecedented "advances" and the source of that income.
So you got nothing...just what I thought. No other sitting president has made as much money off the US government as Trump.

I could give a fig what they do after they leave office...assuming it's legal.
Nothing???? I gave you seven names. Really. Feel free to link what they did.

How is tRump making money off the US Government? Plenty of examples.

Sources? Plenty of sources

Even so, is THAT illegal?Better question, should it be

How many elected officials are business owners?No clue...we can only hope that those that do, have enough respect for their respect intuitions/office to ensure that recuse themselves from decisions where a conflict MAY occur. Md's Hogan is a "businessman"....he seems to have found a way.

Make fortunes while in office?Am guessing that is a statement...

It just doesn't apply to Presidents.It should apply to all those with a fiduciary duty

Oh, right, you're just talking Presidents.We are talking about sitting presidents...but higher standards are expected for many professionals, CPA, lawyer, investment advisors...why shouldn't those that make the rules for others, have similar standards? The highest standard for POTUS

Isn't there a waiting period to become a lobbyist after leaving office for members of Congress? There should be.

At the end of the day, what is tRump doing that is illegal? Silly question...One fact - we don't know what we don't know.

Jealous that he is making money legally?Jealous...nah. Seen plenty of clowns like Trump over the years and quickly realized, life is more then money, when you lie cheat and steal to get it.
From time to time you give a coherent point of view....You never answered my question - have you ever had to deal with conflicts of interest?
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

a fan wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:04 pm I'm just glad Bolton is gone before he could find a country to invade.

If we could somehow get rid of Kush, Ivanka, Devos, Ross, Mnuchin etc etc etc we'd be in pretty good shape.
:lol:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

CU88 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:16 am
Trinity wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:59 am https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/israel- ... -1.7835823

Israel bugged the WH?
The likely Israeli spying efforts were uncovered during the Trump presidency, several former top U.S. officials said.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/ ... es-1491351
:roll: Careful, could be the Russkies are behind it...
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

The title and author (Bobby Jindal) got my attention....

The Problem With Politics Is the Politicians
They take credit for things they didn’t do and avoid accountability for the messes they make.

- first 3 words
Pity Joe Biden
....blame the Ds? He had a chance to make the case, but had to go partisan. Too bad.
This is not to suggest the world—or America—is perfect. Yet voters should have confidence in the continued success of the American experiment despite, not because of, politicians. Political parties can hardly campaign on uninspiring pledges to keep government out of the way, tinker around the edges, and avoid screwing things up. But that is often what’s needed. The Founders had it right: The people can be trusted, and government is there to secure, not create, their rights.
Solid closing.
a fan

Post by a fan »

foreverlax wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:39 am The people can be trusted, and government is there to secure, not create, their rights.
[/quote]From the former Governor of Lousiana?

The ENTIRE reason anyone lives in that State anymore is the largesse of the FEDERAL government.

What a crock of nonsense. Can I have my tax money back from these States? Please?

And the black citizens of Louisiana have had their rights "secured" for, what, 30 years now? :roll:
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:56 am
foreverlax wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:39 am The people can be trusted, and government is there to secure, not create, their rights.
From the former Governor of Lousiana?

The ENTIRE reason anyone lives in that State anymore is the largesse of the FEDERAL government.

What a crock of nonsense. Can I have my tax money back from these States? Please?

And the black citizens of Louisiana have had their rights "secured" for, what, 30 years now? :roll:
[/quote]

Agreed...His words are good, just hypocritical in application.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

foreverlax wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:23 am
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:34 pm saw what? the very same thing YOU chime in on, trump using the Presidency to make money? How is this any different than any other President. Speaking fees my A.S. S. Name one president who financially feathered his nest to the same extent Trump has....

Or, the question phrased another way....the the F troop truck would anyone want to stay at an expensive golf course/club next to a F fing RUNWAY. Or, put another way.......who the F would BUILD a golf course/club next to a runway, AF base ?
You're joking, right? PRedict goal post moving in terms of history, modern measures, etc. ANd of course, nuances of when money is earned. You already have, ignoring the REAL 43 PResident and his Halliburton stock ownership, zero bid contracts. To start. THAT is not important.

Who has been prosecuted for insider trading? STOCK act, lame as it is, is how old? exactly. And Obama made online searches disappear, you had to GO to DC to do any research. Unless you count those financial disclosure online, which apparently the journalists of the MSM just can't seem to find their way to.
Just the name of ONE sitting president will suffice. Try doing apples to apples....
Andrew's Harding, Jackson and Johnson. Nixon. Obama, Kennedy.....some say Grant.

But, you have define what you mean by "tRumps way" of making money off the Presidency. I really can't help someone who is not concerned that less than three years after earning "only" $500k, can purchase or hold mortgages worth $25 million. Nor question the unprecedented "advances" and the source of that income.
So you got nothing...just what I thought. No other sitting president has made as much money off the US government as Trump.

How many elected officials are business owners?No clue...we can only hope that those that do, have enough respect for their respect intuitions/office to ensure that recuse themselves from decisions where a conflict MAY occur. Md's Hogan is a "businessman"....he seems to have found a way.

It just doesn't apply to Presidents.It should apply to all those with a fiduciary duty

Oh, right, you're just talking Presidents.We are talking about sitting presidents...but higher standards are expected for many professionals, CPA, lawyer, investment advisors...why shouldn't those that make the rules for others, have similar standards? The highest standard for POTUS

Isn't there a waiting period to become a lobbyist after leaving office for members of Congress? There should be.

At the end of the day, what is tRump doing that is illegal? Silly question...One fact - we don't know what we don't know.

Jealous that he is making money legally?Jealous...nah. Seen plenty of clowns like Trump over the years and quickly realized, life is more then money, when you lie cheat and steal to get it.
From time to time you give a coherent point of view....You never answered my question - have you ever had to deal with conflicts of interest?
CUtting to the chase.......tRump is doing nothing illegal. Just like Obama, BUsh, Clinton......did nothing illegal. If he did something wrong, illegal, charge him. If not, just be quiet.

https://990s.foundationcenter.org/990_p ... 12_990.pdf

Who are the people donating $60 million a year to GWshrub's foundation? What's an unrestricted net assest, because GW's foundation has almost $300 million of them. taats love them some house of sod (SAUD) money :twisted:
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:15 pm
foreverlax wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:23 am

CUtting to the chase.......tRump is doing nothing illegal. Just like Obama, BUsh, Clinton......did nothing illegal. If he did something wrong, illegal, charge him. If not, just be quiet.

https://990s.foundationcenter.org/990_p ... 12_990.pdf

Who are the people donating $60 million a year to GWshrub's foundation? What's an unrestricted net assest, because GW's foundation has almost $300 million of them. taats love them some house of sod (SAUD) money :twisted:
In your opinion....

In my profession, ethics matters. Conflicts of interest matter. Optics matter.

Could care less about the rest of your classically incoherent ramblings.

Return to “POLITICS”