All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

Essexfenwick

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Essexfenwick »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:03 pm How did we get to the point where thousands of deaths a month is just OK, moving on? Interesting and sad article:

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... te/626972/

Every American who died of COVID left an average of nine close relatives bereaved. Roughly 9 million people—3 percent of the population—now have a permanent hole in their world that was once filled by a parent, child, sibling, spouse, or grandparent. An estimated 149,000 children have lost a parent or caregiver. Many people were denied the familiar rituals of mourning—bedside goodbyes, in-person funerals. Others are grieving raw and recent losses, their grief trampled amid the stampede toward normal. “I’ve known multiple people who didn’t get to bury their parents or be with their families, and now are expected to go back to the grind of work,” says Steven Thrasher, a journalist and the author of The Viral Underclass, which looks at the interplay between inequalities and infectious diseases. “We’re not giving people the space individually or societally to mourn this huge thing that’s happened.”

Liberals were starting to look stupid in their masks … so they dropped all the mentally Ill hyperventilating. Turned out to be a hoax.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

We are sitting on 991,000 dead Americans…..on this date two years ago…3/11/2020, the cumulative US death total stood at 38 dead Americans.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

... for the second year in a row, flu cases have remained abnormally low, staving off fears of a "twindemic."

But lately I've come across a couple of news item about a new variant called Omicron BA.2

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... subvariant

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news ... irus-cases

Hate to say it but this mierda is never going away.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:09 pm

... for the second year in a row, flu cases have remained abnormally low, staving off fears of a "twindemic."

But lately I've come across a couple of news item about a new variant called Omicron BA.2

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... subvariant

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news ... irus-cases

Hate to say it but this mierda is never going away.
Nope. If it gets down to 30,000 - 40,000 deaths a year and doesn’t clog up hospitals it’s a non issue.
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:16 pm
Nope. If it gets down to 30,000 - 40,000 deaths a year and doesn’t clog up hospitals it’s a non issue.

It's a good bet that the majority of new cases & fatalities will be among the poor. That is, those who lost health care coverage thanks to tRump. Naturally, the right wing will blame Biden and the Democrats.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

CNN and MSNBC Viewers Got Covid Much Less Than People Who Watch Fox News -- By a Whopping 17 Points
Fox is trying to kill its viewers and these efforts are working

https://www.democraticunderground.com/1 ... 0067#post1

https://twitter.com/tommyxtopher/status ... 0216480067

Viewers of CNN and MSNBC were less likely to say they’ve contracted Covid than people who mainly rely on Fox News and conservative media for information, according to a new poll.

Newly-published data from an Axios/Ipsos poll shows that “a significant driver of opinion is people’s news source, with Fox News and conservative outlet readers differing substantially from MSNBC and CNN viewers.”

It’s no secret that views about the coronavirus pandemic and related matters have been influenced by partisanship almost since the very beginning.

And it’s not all that surprising that such divisions would become evident in tracking those views by news diet. But some of the differences that showed up in the Axios/Ipsos survey were chillingly stark.

For example, 84 percent of respondents whose main sources of news are CNN and/or MSNBC said they’d been vaccinated, 27 point higher than respondents who use sources of news other than cable news, and 16 points higher than those with a Fox News/conservative media diet. The CNN/MSNBC group was 26 points more likely to be boosted (at 66%) than the Fox News/conservative group at 40 percent

DeathSantis, Fox and the GOP are trying to kill their viewers/supporters. These efforts are working

Dunno how much of this is true but it sure is interesting.

NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

China orders 51 million into lockdown as COVID surges - Wonder if there is gonna be Freedom Convoy...

Between COVID, Russia, and a few other factors...

Panic selling grips Chinese stocks in biggest plunge since 2008
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trumpnista (Qanon) nut jobs are now claiming that COVID originated in Ukrainian bio-weapons lab. :lol: :lol: Too stupid to live!

The rabbit hole.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:43 am Trumpnista (Qanon) nut jobs are now claiming that COVID originated in Ukrainian bio-weapons lab. :lol: :lol: Too stupid to live!

The rabbit hole.
Is it possible that sometime down the road the true creators of Qanon will come forward not as the people currently identified but as a group of scholars who undertook a research study to see how effing stupid and gullible people can be?
Typical Lax Dad

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:26 pm 994,265
Correction: 991,038
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:59 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:43 am Trumpnista (Qanon) nut jobs are now claiming that COVID originated in Ukrainian bio-weapons lab. :lol: :lol: Too stupid to live!

The rabbit hole.
Is it possible that sometime down the road the true creators of Qanon will come forward not as the people currently identified but as a group of scholars who undertook a research study to see how effing stupid and gullible people can be?

There’s no doubt that America has a huge number of relatively not-smart folks. Many of them are furthermore desperate for meaning, and clarity.

But what are you doing to change their minds, or help them? You simply call them “stupid”. Do you believe that someone will change their minds because you call them dumb? Furthermore, does it strike you ever that the news sources you yourself use to defend your intelligence are so often incorrect?

I don’t know a Q person. But what I’ve seen of them on television is they’re decent Americans who are desperate for meaning. For the most part, they’re very patriotic. They don’t burn down stores, or shoot opponents in the street.

I bet if you spent more time trying to understand them and less time belittling them, you’d probably both end up in better places in the end.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

I don’t get why people hate Putin.

He cured Covid and proved it was an over-hyped hoax.

It’s totally disappeared and the perpetrators want the whole thing forgotten.

It feels so good when common sense prevails and the criticized turn out to be the smart ones.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Essexfenwick wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:26 am I don’t get why people hate Putin.

It feels so good when common sense prevails and the criticized turn out to be the smart ones.

Well, Putin is clearly committing war crimes, so there’s that.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:29 am
Essexfenwick wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:26 am I don’t get why people hate Putin.

Well, Putin is clearly committing war crimes, so there’s that.

True but he’s saving lives world wide.
There were 5000000 Covid deaths last year now zero.

There are 8000 deaths in Ukraine

5000000 saved minus 8000 equals 4992000 lives saved by Putin. Also no more vaccine deaths or mask excess CO2 inhalation complications.

Your taking Nobel territory. He completely erradicated Covid. It literally disappeared.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:06 am

The rabbit hole.

There’s no doubt that America has a huge number of relatively not-smart folks. Many of them are furthermore desperate for meaning, and clarity.

But what are you doing to change their minds, or help them? You simply call them “stupid”. Do you believe that someone will change their minds because you call them dumb? Furthermore, does it strike you ever that the news sources you yourself use to defend your intelligence are so often incorrect?

I don’t know a Q person. But what I’ve seen of them on television is they’re decent Americans who are desperate for meaning. For the most part, they’re very patriotic. They don’t burn down stores, or shoot opponents in the street.

I bet if you spent more time trying to understand them and less time belittling them, you’d probably both end up in better places in the end.
A sudden, out of character, display of empathy - from the guy who forms his opinion of women on their looks and weight. :roll:

I’m not buying what he’s selling.

But I do wonder if this sudden display for others is out of fear he may be one of those being studied. :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Are we sure that we don't have a Russian troll on here???

Admin, you sure ???

cured Covid ???
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:14 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:06 am

The rabbit hole.

A sudden, out of character, display of empathy - from the guy who forms his opinion of women on their looks and weight. :roll:

I’m not buying what he’s selling.

But I do wonder if this sudden display for others is out of fear he may be one of those being studied. :lol:

No, not really.

I don’t look at a gaggle of Democrats and call them “stupid”, hoping that by calling them dumb, that will cause them to become conservatives. Seems kinda counterproductive, no? I do notice that Democrats tend to employ this strategy often, calling whole swaths of Americans “dumb”, forgetting that many of those ‘dumb’ Republicans are service members, police, fire fighters, skilled labor, etc. Not to mention simply overlooking how frequently their own DNC sources of media information end up being so egregiously incorrect.

I don’t have any hesitation pointing out how often DNC media sources get stories wrong. I also don’t have any problem pointing out how hypocritical some Democratic leaders are. Those are fair targets IMO. But whole groups of Democrats whom I don’t know, who don’t do much other than go to work and attend church and coach youth lacrosse for free? Nah. You can try that, but I’d think you’ll regret doing so. I look at normal Americans as just Americans, most of whom are smarter than me.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

in other news, omicron's cousin isn't going away quietly just yet. as usual, europe first:
https://www.cnbc.com/id/107029736?view= ... idappshare
china of course in lockdown in various provinces. make your bets.

Return to “POLITICS”