All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

a fan

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:23 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:24 pm Going to tick over 980,000 dead Americans today.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-00104-8

That is why researchers quickly turned to excess mortality as a proxy measure of the pandemic’s toll. Excess-death figures are seemingly easy to calculate: compare deaths during the pandemic with the average recorded over the previous five years or so. But even in wealthy countries with comprehensive and sophisticated systems to report deaths, excess-mortality figures can be misleading. That’s because the most obvious way to calculate them can fail to account for changes in population structure.
Is the 2019 data still missing, or was that 2018....or both.

and going by "excess deaths", the CDC/NIH concludes that number to much, much lower.

But, you already now this.

WHO IS.......the worldOmeter. Still out of Greenwich, CT.......so very odd. Where is my hat of tin....
oh, it’s still on your head. Right where you left it.

You don’t accept any death figures, regardless of source, remember?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:08 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:24 pm Going to tick over 980,000 dead Americans today.

That is why researchers quickly turned to excess mortality as a proxy measure of the pandemic’s toll. Excess-death figures are seemingly easy to calculate: compare deaths during the pandemic with the average recorded over the previous five years or so. But even in wealthy countries with comprehensive and sophisticated systems to report deaths, excess-mortality figures can be misleading. That’s because the most obvious way to calculate them can fail to account for changes in population structure.

and going by "excess deaths", the CDC/NIH concludes that number to much, much lower.

WHO IS.......the worldOmeter. Still out of Greenwich, CT.......so very odd. Where is my hat of tin....

He won’t accept all these heart problems either. I try my best to ignore him.
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:08 pm

you're like the guy at the end of the bar, year after year, same comments.

I like numbers fine.

If you don't find it "odd" that years prior to the pandemic, that data was missing.....and remained missing, all throughout the pandemic, is on you.

and , personally, the dead... well, they are dead. not a thing we can do about it either ........I care about the living and primarily the young,

its school vacation week in New England......can't tell you how many KIDS I have talked to, thankful the Fn masks are off and the parents stress reduced too.

Be honest, AFAN, if your children want to invite a friend over, are you going to demand they be vaccinated ? You gonna ask, when Lil AFAN gets a birthday party invite to the MacElroys.....and "we're not sure about the MacElroys ", he "does hunt, after ".....you gonna ask Ma and Pa MacElroy if they, and the entire family have been boosted ? Seriously.....will these kind of "activities " be occuring amongst our infotainment, cell phone addict parents.......keeping the US vs. Them flames burning.......

and forgot....(trying to finish of 5 oz's for the day.....can't see straight + .........."we require masks at OUR parties"...has also been overheard. People of young kids gonna be concerned about maskless parties ?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:32 pm I like numbers fine.
Yeah....no you don't.

To wit: when it comes to deaths from Covid in the United States. Do you believe the CDC numbers?

Here's your chance to show us you like numbers just fine.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:08 pm
Yeah....no you don't.

To wit: when it comes to deaths from Covid in the United States. Do you believe the CDC numbers?

who is US....and which CDC death numbers. Here's a chance for you to prove you can provide them: HINT....idiotic infotainment links don't count, just straight up CDC numbers. Tough to answer such a vague question, when the CDC publishes many numbers.

Should be easy for to provide a link, since your browser will have a history of all your visits to the CDC website and mortality numbers.

I'll wait to answer your question about belief, when I have actual numbers to look at.

Other wize, more of your weird arguing about nothing, and I feel shame for being snookered into your usual meaningless arguments. Does it frustrate you that you can't throw the Lil D or LIL r at me ? :D
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:25 pm
Yeah....no you don't.

who is US....and which CDC death numbers. Here's a chance for you to prove you can provide them: HINT....idiotic infotainment links don't count, just straight up CDC numbers. Tough to answer such a vague question, when the CDC publishes many numbers.

Should be easy for to provide a link, since your browser will have a history of all your visits to the CDC website and mortality numbers.

I'll wait to answer your question about belief, when I have actual numbers to look at.
Gonna throw that Internet PhD of yours at the data, are ya? Neat. This should be breathtaking. Should I gather your PhD advisor and the committee so they can hear you wax poetic on the "wrong-ness" of one of these data sets?

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/covid19/mortality-overview.htm
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:42 pm
Yeah....no you don't.

Gonna throw that Internet PhD of yours at the data, are ya? Neat. This should be breathtaking. Should I gather your PhD advisor and the committee so they can hear you wax poetic on the "wrong-ness" of one of these data sets?

The top and bottom numbers don't match, should they? (total deaths due to covid )
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:29 am
a fan wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:42 pm
Yeah....no you don't.

The top and bottom numbers don't match, should they? (total deaths due to covid )
top and bottom numbers?

Do you mean that 946,622 deaths from Covid and 1,078,226 excess deaths don't match?

You confused by this?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Actually the agreement between the counted deaths and the excess deaths is smaller than I would have suspected given how divergent those numbers were early on during the pandemic.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

From my Twitter this morning:
A trucker convoy finally reaching Washington to protest COVID-19 mandates -- now that almost all mandates have been lifted -- is like the American version of Japanese in caves still fighting World War II in the 1950s
And in the replies for that tweet:
“Let’s spend hundreds of our own dollars on gas during a war-induced price surge in order to protest mandates that are mostly going away right now” is the new “Let’s smash the Keurigs we already paid for and light our Nikes on fire while our feet are still in them."
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

RedFromMI wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:16 am From my Twitter this morning:
A trucker convoy finally reaching Washington to protest COVID-19 mandates -- now that almost all mandates have been lifted -- is like the American version of Japanese in caves still fighting World War II in the 1950s
“Let’s spend hundreds of our own dollars on gas during a war-induced price surge in order to protest mandates that are mostly going away right now” is the new “Let’s smash the Keurigs we already paid for and light our Nikes on fire while our feet are still in them."
but, no laughter at the fencing, armored trucks and some fireman from Nebraska fulfilling their Guard duty.......that was free? Glad the DC residents are just "used to it , at this point" ....

Guess all our "intel" is focused on Ukraine, our idiot NSA folks, we guess, just couldn't figure out if all the trucks were "protesters", or just another shipment of fully vaccinated "restauarant" workers, in the backs of the 18 wheelers.

Yes....best to always side on the side of caution....except on Jan. 6th ;)
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Also, was gonna watch a lacrosse game, in person.........was the plan. How are "mandates" not still being enforced, when colleges are "requiring" vaxx cards and other facist paperwork? Some still wanting masks. Or , the folks that run their websites must be the same "on the job" types that handles Hopkins lacrosse website, spelling HOF goalie Larry Quin's name, for a long, long, long time...........with detail attention seekers, of course we trust this group with covid numbers.
Typical Lax Dad

Over 6,000,000 global deaths, probably closer to 20,000,000 and 983,000 deaths here at home. Hopefully the worst is behind us. 50,000 deaths in 2022 would be a win.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Then pour Vaseline on ourselves while singing an R Kelly song!
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

And.......

What IS the problem?

What IS the solution (s) ?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MIS-C. It's just the flu. :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:52 am MIS-C. It's just the flu. :roll:
Wait until all the heart problems start showing up. I would be really concerned if contracting COVID-19 with no vaccine.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Florida Health Department recommends "healthy" kids not get vaccinated against COVID. :roll:

Return to “POLITICS”