Johns Hopkins 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
HopFan16

Re: Johns Hopkins 2023

Post by HopFan16 »

nrthcrosslax wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:15 pm Just throwing it out for the detectives out there, Instagram has pictures of practice this week. It's hard to tell who is wearing the #0 practice jersey. Marcille or no?
That's Caracciolo. Not sure why he wears 0 but he's been doing it all year. Maybe there's no #42 white pinnie. The other goalies wear their actual numbers.
ColumbiaBlueBlack

Post by ColumbiaBlueBlack »

JHU69 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:52 pm
OCanada wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:30 pm I don’t believe beer has ever been sold

There used to be a thriving underground activity taking in bourbon, bloody marys, orange blossoms most prominently. Electric brownies avoided airborne give aways. You could have pizza or other food delivered.

That stopped, sort of, when a group of townies or pledges placed a lot of oranges in the stadium before a game day. Hopkins was playing Cuse. The oranges got tossed onto the field. Soon they tried to stop it. Food vendors were brought in. Previously there was one station selling “death” dogs. The trade in alcohol was slowed but never stopped. Ingenuity . Short version
I would take a one quart canteen filled with 1 to 1 100% alcohol and Squirt. Passed among four or more after each Hopkins score. Usually gone by halftime, as were we! :lol:
NFL stadium rules now rule. Canteens and other containers are banned. Non-clear plastic bags are banned. All sorts of good stuff is banned. Pain in the ass requiring ingenuity to circumvent, which is easier when it's <50o as it will be tomorrow.
---------------------------
Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
https://despair.com/products/compromise
ColumbiaBlueBlack

Post by ColumbiaBlueBlack »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:01 am
gymman1031 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:09 am Does Hopkins respond in a positive and big way vs. Utah?
beer garden isn't until the st. joe's game.
It will be "beer" only if they serve Union, Heavy Seas, or another local product.
---------------------------
Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
https://despair.com/products/compromise
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ColumbiaBlueBlack wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:46 pm

There used to be a thriving underground activity taking in bourbon, bloody marys, orange blossoms most prominently. Electric brownies avoided airborne give aways. You could have pizza or other food delivered.

That stopped, sort of, when a group of townies or pledges placed a lot of oranges in the stadium before a game day. Hopkins was playing Cuse. The oranges got tossed onto the field. Soon they tried to stop it. Food vendors were brought in. Previously there was one station selling “death” dogs. The trade in alcohol was slowed but never stopped. Ingenuity . Short version
I would take a one quart canteen filled with 1 to 1 100% alcohol and Squirt. Passed among four or more after each Hopkins score. Usually gone by halftime, as were we! :lol:
NFL stadium rules now rule. Canteens and other containers are banned. Non-clear plastic bags are banned. All sorts of good stuff is banned. Pain in the ass requiring ingenuity to circumvent, which is easier when it's <50o as it will be tomorrow.
flask, back waistband. helps your posture, too.
JHU69

Post by JHU69 »

That was my go to! :o
I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

no doctor of course but mildly surprised if Tim survives the concussion protocols and makes it back for Utah. If you can look at video and say somebody's concussed - that looked to be a poster child
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Anyone recall this many concussions so early in the season?

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:21 pm Anyone recall this many concussions so early in the season?

DocBarrister
Nope. I guess that’s why they ditched the STX
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:30 pm
ColumbiaBlueBlack wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:46 pm

flask, back waistband. helps your posture, too.
yep or a water bottle filled with juice of choice under the wife’s ta-ta’s.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
steel_hop

Post by steel_hop »

Not to harp on schedule but I'm in Naples for a youth lax tournament which is tied to a double header college today (UM v Marquette and OSU v UVA). Last night, the youth kids got to hang out and get tips from all the college kids. Schellenberger gave a clinic to aspiring attackman.

Anyway, I saw Tiffany and said to take it easy against Hopkins. He smiled and said "you Hopkins guys are all the same." We talked for a few minutes about UVA and Hopkins. He told me Hopkins schedule was too tough and wasn't one he'd picked for his UVA team much less Hopkins but he said more power to Hopkins.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

This is the starting lineup according to the live stats...

A - Angelus
A - Grimes
A - Krampf

M - Bauer
M - Collison
M - Peshko

D - Smith
D - Mazzone
D - Brown

G - Versfeld
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

flalax22 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:57 am
DocBarrister wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:21 pm Anyone recall this many concussions so early in the season?

DocBarrister
Nope. I guess that’s why they ditched the STX
Kids have been getting their bells rung in sports like forever. ("shake it off and get back in there"). Perhaps we have finally caught up to the danger and coaches are taking proactive action to sit/rest the player to assure a full recovery?
Wood Sticks 4ever

Post by Wood Sticks 4ever »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:32 am This is the starting lineup according to the live stats...

A - Angelus
A - Grimes
A - Krampf

M - Bauer
M - Collison
M - Peshko

D - Smith
D - Mazzone
D - Brown

G - Versfeld
Interesting to note that when the season started THREE WEEKS AGO, this is the starting lineup we expected:
A - Angelus
A - Degnon
A - Melendez

M - Bauer
M - Grimes
M - McDermott

D - Smith
D - Szuluk
D - Ruddy

G - Marcille

So after 3 weeks, only 3 starters are still on the field playing the position we thought they would. And throw in FO and LSM as two other positions where the people we expected there are injured or moved to D.

Anyone else remember churn like this?
The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

I keep hearing Melendez is ready to go, so maybe he's running out of the box

Doesn't explain no Degnon in the starting lineup
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

Ian Krampf in the lineup and that quint hat. We might need to do that cave where Aaron Rodgers went.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

failed clear, 2 shots off the pipe from utah and a long 2+minute defensive possession again. yikes.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Who's ready for the Krampf hat trick
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

evans and english on the second midfield which dixon said is their first action of the year. no word on narewski.

nice transition goal, finally.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

KRAMP FOR TEWAARATON
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:07 pm Who's ready for the Krampf hat trick
ME! He’s got a Pollard feel to him

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”