Israel and Zionism

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Israel and Zionism

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Some good news for a change...

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 8:30 am Some good news for a change...

That’s great news! I may have mentioned that a guy that lived behind our home growing up was an Iranian hostage. Everyone was thrilled when he was released. Happy for these folks and their families.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
OuttaNowhereWregget

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 9:38 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 8:30 am Some good news for a change...
That’s great news! I may have mentioned that a guy that lived behind our home growing up was an Iranian hostage. Everyone was thrilled when he was released. Happy for these folks and their families.
I can imagine how grateful they all are to be back with their families.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

+1
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 1:07 pm

+1
One Israeli special forces soldier died in the rescue effort. That seems to have been missed. How did these hostages wind up in this predicament again?? I forget. :roll:
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 3:07 pm

+1
One Israeli special forces soldier died in the rescue effort. That seems to have been missed. How did these hostages wind up in this predicament again?? I forget. :roll:
Dementia?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Did they surreptitiously sneak into Gaza and start murdering Palestinians? Wait, my bad that's a Hamas thing. :roll:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 3:10 pm

+1
Dementia?
Joe Biden...you brought it up not I.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

+1
Yea....I heard that after I had plus one'd the post. Friggen sucks that an IDF SOF has to rescue hostages from a terrorist organization, all while the Palestine's could give a rats ass about them. And somehow Israel are the bad guys, what an upside down world we live in.

The common denominator in most everything taking place these days is trying to rid, or minimize, anything that has to do with The Bible.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 3:12 pm
Did they surreptitiously sneak into Gaza and start murdering Palestinians? Wait, my bad that's a Hamas thing. :roll:
Yes, they murder Palestinians sometimes.

Imagine thinking this is a one-sided conflict. Sheesh.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 3:04 pm

You had me really thinking there for awhile. Then, like a bolt of light out of the blue... This a war...so a war involves 2 sides. Correct me if I'm wrong but the major players in this war are Israel and Hamas. War is Hell. Why don't you impress everyone on this forum and define what a " civilized " war is. Hell that sounds like a great topic for a doctorate thesis. HOW CAN WARFARE BECOME MORE CIVILIZED??
:roll:
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:20 pm

+1
Yea....I heard that after I had plus one'd the post. Friggen sucks that an IDF SOF has to rescue hostages from a terrorist organization, all while the Palestine's could give a rats ass about them. And somehow Israel are the bad guys, what an upside down world we live in.

The common denominator in most everything taking place these days is trying to rid, or minimize, anything that has to do with The Bible.
Well....can you blame folks? You think that this conflict makes the Jewish and Muslim religion look loving and awesome?

It looks AWFUL for religion. Same can be said when Religion is used in the US to hammer the weak and poor, my man.

Stop doing these things, is my advice. These religions are BEAUTIFUL when their believers actually practiced what they're told to practice......
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:15 pm

+1

Well....can you blame folks? You think that this conflict makes the Jewish and Muslim religion look loving and awesome?

It looks AWFUL for religion. Same can be said when Religion is used in the US to hammer the weak and poor, my man.

Stop doing these things, is my advice. These religions are BEAUTIFUL when their believers actually practiced what they're told to practice......
yep
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:30 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:15 pm

+1

yep
There's a reason I took my daughter to a church for Pre-K...the Methodist leaders there put their money where their mouth is. I'm agnostic..and wish I wasn't. Their message, though? Love, take care of the poor and weak? That's my jam! Their leader took ALL kinds of guff for putting a homeless camp in their parking lot...neighbors freaking out. Their response was: we're a freaking Christian Church..this is what we do.

Bad*sses! Count me in. Real Christians, Jewish, Muslims, Mormons? Amazing people in my very limited experience. I may not have faith personally (i've tried, believe me)....but I have faith is these people I've met.
NattyBohChamps04

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:11 pm

You had me really thinking there for awhile. Then, like a bolt of light out of the blue... This a war...so a war involves 2 sides. Correct me if I'm wrong but the major players in this war are Israel and Hamas. War is Hell. Why don't you impress everyone on this forum and define what a " civilized " war is. Hell that sounds like a great topic for a doctorate thesis. HOW CAN WARFARE BECOME MORE CIVILIZED??
I don't know, you were the one crying that the sky was falling over protestors chanting certain slogans before. I just figured you'd be interested to know that there are Israelis and government officials who have a final solution to the Palestinian problem and want to see Israel rule from the river to the sea.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:44 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:11 pm

I don't know, you were the one crying that the sky was falling over protestors chanting certain slogans before. I just figured you'd be interested to know that there are Israelis and government officials who have a final solution to the Palestinian problem and want to see Israel rule from the river to the sea.
You have taken a flying leap off the tippy top of the stupid tree and crashed through every branch on your way to the ground. When your medication kicks in please reply back. :D There is one particular group that wants Israel annihilated and wishes to rule from the river to the sea. As of today those folks are getting the living snot kicked out of them and are begging for a cease fire so they can regroup and start the fight all over again. Why it's like if you can continue to bastardize the conversation it's those effing Jews that are responsible for the hostages being taken in the first place. :roll:
HERE'S YOUR SIGN ....
NattyBohChamps04

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:03 am You have taken a flying leap off the tippy top of the stupid tree and crashed through every branch on your way to the ground. When your medication kicks in please reply back. :D There is one particular group that wants Israel annihilated and wishes to rule from the river to the sea. As of today those folks are getting the living snot kicked out of them and are begging for a cease fire so they can regroup and start the fight all over again. Why it's like if you can continue to bastardize the conversation it's those effing Jews that are responsible for the hostages being taken in the first place. :roll:
HERE'S YOUR SIGN ....
And there's another group that wants Palestinians annihilated and wishes to rule from the river to the sea. I never said it was the Israelis who were 100% responsible for the current mess, but keep shoving words in my mouth if it makes you feel big.

And go ahead keep blaming just one single group for a conflict that's been raging for centuries if it helps you keep you on your high horse.
OuttaNowhereWregget

"Mad about the rescue mission? I don’t care."

FEATURED POST
Mad about the rescue mission? I don’t care.
You should have used your anger to urge Hamas to release the hostages or expect Israel to do whatever necessary to free them
JUN 9, 2024

The whole country of Israel and the entire Jewish people spent the weekend crying tears of joy after the IDF rescued Noa Argamani, Andrey Kozlov, Almog Meir, and Shlomi Ziv from captivity in Gaza and brought them home to Israel. It feels like the single greatest IDF accomplishment since Entebbe, and we will all undoubtedly remember for the rest of our lives where we were when we heard the news.

Entirely predictably, though, not everyone found yesterday’s events to be such a cause for celebration. Shortly after the hostages were rescued, “reports came out” that at least “210 Palestinians were killed and over 400 were injured” during the operation. Now, “reports came out” is that elusive phrase that could mean anything from “people on the street are estimating…” to “Hamas made up the claim…” and over 24 hours later, the “reports” are no more verified than they were yesterday.

But that hasn’t stopped the anti-Israel mob from being furious, or mainstream news outlets from doing a laughable job covering the story.

Apparently, rescuing four innocent Israelis who were rotting away in unimaginable hell for eight months “should not have come at the expense of at least 200 Palestinians, including children.” Can you guess who I’m quoting? It’s UN official Francesca Albanese. She was one of many social media users who rushed to tweet their condemnation so fast they forgot that they don’t know that happened yet.

Who’s going to convince these people that we have zero verification for the number of casualties that actually happened yesterday? Or the fact that we do not, as of yet, have any inkling what percentage were Hamas members and/or people actively shooting at the IDF rescue team versus actual civilians? So far, one video (allegedly) from the scene has gone viral: around a dozen dead bodies laying in the street in Nuseirat. Every single one of them was a military-aged man; no woman or child in sight. But of course, that didn’t stop Francesca from calling it “genocidal intent turned into action.” Another day, another blood libel from the UN.

CNN exhibited a rare glimpse of self-awareness in their reporting of the rescue mission: the last line of their front page article was “CNN is not able to independently verify the media office numbers.” The media office in Gaza being Hamas, obviously. Nice of them to let readers who made it to the very end know that the numbers were unverifiable, but why did they go ahead and send out a push notification to millions of people with those same numbers in the headline? This is journalistic malpractice. And the article is still up.

Even more ludicrously, as you’ve probably seen by now, a BCC reporter asked former IDF International Spokesperson Jonathan Conricus if the IDF warned Palestinians in the area before commencing the operation. Sorry, what? Did we give the terrorists who have been holding our people hostage for eight months a chance to kill the hostages before we got there? How do you think a hostage rescue operation works?

There is so much we don’t yet know about what happened yesterday; some of it will become clear in the coming days, and some of it we might not know for years. But there a couple of things we do know for sure so far:

Noa Argamani, Andrey Kozlov, Almog Meir, and Shlomi Ziv were being held hostage in apartment buildings. Not sharing a tunnel with Sinwar. In the homes of the very same people the world has championed as the perpetual victim of this war since October 7.

And we know that people in the area shot at the IDF rescue vehicles on their way out. Were those people card-carrying members of Hamas? It doesn’t matter in the slightest; what matters is that if the IDF hadn’t shot back and killed them, they would not have survived, and neither would the hostages.

So now, I want to get a few things straight.

If a person holds another human being hostage in their apartment, they deserve to get killed.

If a person shoots at a soldier on his way out of rescuing those hostages, they deserve to get killed.

If a person has never once expressed an interest in Hamas releasing the hostages, they do not get to be mad when we do whatever we have to do to rescue them.

Don’t want “civilian” casualties? Don’t use civilians to guard our hostages. Better yet, don’t take our civilians hostage in the first place. It’s really that simple.

They had 245 days to give our hostages back peacefully. They could have even accepted any of the ceasefire offers that would have gotten them hundreds of terrorists freed in exchange. It’s not our problem that they didn’t.

And guess what? The war is far from over; there are still 116 hostages being held in Gaza. Use your anger to call on Hamas to release them now, or don’t be mad when we do what we have to do to get them out in the future.

I have spent the last eight months trying to convince people outside of my echo chamber to listen to the Israeli perspective in this conflict. But now, to anyone on social media who is angry about how the rescue mission went down yesterday — despite everything we don’t know yet, and the little we do know — I have one response:

I don’t care what you think.

I’m too busy being happy that Noa, Andrey, Almog, and Shlomi are home.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR Rachel Lester served in the IDF Spokesperson's Unit for four years, creating videos for the IDF's millions of social media followers and running the international video department as creative director. She was called into reserves on October 7 and stayed for six months. Rachel is an alumna of the University of Southern California and holds a Masters in Government from Reichman University.

(Please note that the posts on The Blogs are contributed by third parties. The opinions, facts and any media content in them are presented solely by the authors, and neither The Times of Israel nor its partners assume any responsibility for them.)

https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/mad-abo ... TcuMC4wLjA.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Let's face it, Jew-haters are prevalent the world over

With the masks, too. Cowards, Klan sympathizers, Klan boosters--just different ways of hiding their true identities.

https://x.com/olilondontv/status/180033 ... oNozoWQM3A
Typical Lax Dad

https://www.fdd.org/analysis/2024/06/11 ... acrifices/

These terrorists don’t represent the Palestinian people. Nobody under the age of 35 voted them in. They care as much about Palestinians dying as they do Israelis.

Return to “POLITICS”