The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:06 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:30 pm
CU88a wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:57 pm
njbill wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 5:30 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:12 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:07 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:40 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:30 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:14 pm For some odd reason mainstream Republican folks have not chosen him to be the keynote speaker at the RNC. I have no idea why with all the wisdom and knowledge he has to share.
But this childishness passes muster within the Confederacy of Dunces. Laughable small people.
Is that an objection counselor? Your guys make a living eviscerating Republicans every day on this forum with great gusto. When it's your guys on the receiving end suddenly your skin gets even thinner. Objection over ruled no relevance. :D
Hah! He whines and grieves about being talked down to, and then posts his stupid middle school memes. My skin doesn't need to be thick to manage this stuff. He's a stubborn, spoiled 10 year old; those of us that post on the Women's Division 1 threads know all too well.
It will be interesting to see if the same thing happens on the Politics board that happened on the Women’s D1 board which is that after a period time he had pissed off the entire Women’s board. (Think Petey on this board.) And he has now done that two or three times. He either gets run off or quits, only to return after a stint either in the sin bin (involuntarily) or in a self-imposed time out.

Funny thing is, on the women’s board, he would even tick off supporters of the team he was rooting for.

A couple of years ago, he expressly admitted he is a troll. We can dig that post out, if necessary.

He has more screen names than RRR. This is just one he has been using the last couple of years.

Will be interesting to see if in time he pisses off even the conservative posters on this board with whom he has now evidently aligned himself.

Oh, and he says I am on his “foe” list so he doesn’t see my posts. Let’s see if he responds to this one.
'cryandshout' has a similar history. He once threw a fit and declared he was done on these boards. I added this statement, an exact quote of his words, to my "signature" and he complained to "the powers" that I was being mean and I had to remove his own words from my "signature".

Just the Facts

:D
Yep. He lacks discipline and didn’t keep his word.
Cry and shout ... :D How could I leave these boards? You would have missed me and you know it . I did you a solid my man. Besides, I would have missed your ineptitude at composing your own words that you hide behind your asinine cartoon clips. 8-). A guy as smart as you should be able to compose your own words to defend your point of view. Whattup with that?
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8Cz-yIp ... BiNWFlZA==
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:50 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 4:45 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:26 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:55 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:13 am No thanks, MD. I have had quite enough of your condescending insults to last for a good long while. Your pedantic lectures are insufferable. (C&S was accurate in referring to them as such). Your making-certain-sure-you-appear-to-have-won-the-argument tactic of raising all kinds of other topics--side or on point--so as to muddy the water and confuse the issue. As I've said before--just like Trump. It's a disingenuous way of getting your point across. For those reasons, I don't enjoy interacting with you so, no thank you. You're on the Pay No Mind list until further notice.

Oh, and if you think I am "trolling" – feel free to report me.
He is pushing back against your viewpoint that "we're not really seeing what we're seeing with these video clips," and suggesting you take a deeper dive into the world of out of context videos and other pieces of sly misinformation that plague almost all social discourse, to say nothing of political discourse. Retreating into "I have had quite enough of your condescending insults" is, as I have come to know, totally de rigueur for many Americans, who don't want their lives and opinions shaped by facts, or corrections to misapprehended or misinformed opinions. It allows one to retreat into the hard shell of one's static views, and cast everyone else aside as "condescending."

Discussion of difficult subjects, particularly in written form on pages like this one, carries no other humanizing quality -- a smile, a smirk, a hand gesture, and the like. So we take the cold words delivered in writing either like an adult who placed themselves in the public marketplace by their rendering of an opinion on a divisive topic, or we act the part of an aggrieved little boy who "won't be talked down to," or some such thing.
Birds of a feather, Seacoaster--birds of a feather.
You and MD, that is--in case it wasn't clear.

What you wrote sounds well thought out and reasonable but it's just a fancy way of trying to justify how you, and MD, talk down to and insult people when they don't agree with you. You're another one who stoops to personal insults when a discussion or an opinion rubs you the wrong way--when others disagree with your opinions. My mother had a saying, "What you do speaks so loud I can't hear a word you say." That's you. Years of your condescending insults over on the WD1 boards--and now here--and I'm supposed to seriously consider your (ahem) counsel? Please. Try that out in the real world and see what kind of reception you get. No more garden path strolls with you either, Sea.
ok, we get it, the only way to disagree with someone needs to be uncivil, rude, ignorant. Else, it's "condescending".

Trying to be civil, clear, and thoughtful deserves an angry rebuke in return.

"sounds well thought out and reasonable" is labeled "talking down" and insulting.

Heck, simply being civil, but not in agreement, is now "condescending".

Yes, you came across as trolling, but I gave you lots of room for a civil response in return, and explanation of what you meant to communicate if I was mistaken. No go.

Seriously, if you don't want to have discussions where others disagree with you, don't participate.
how many folks that want to "discuss" topic, use the ignore function ?

exactly

what a pretend
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

"CNN grills Kamala Harris—should Joe Biden step aside?

"CNN's John King has described a panic in the Democratic Party right now because of Biden's performance. Some in your party are even asking if President Biden should step aside. What do you say to that?"

"The President's performance tonight clearly was disappointing for his supporters. CNN reports that Democratic lawmakers watching the debate were worried about the President's performance. One said it was a disaster. Another called it a trainwreck. Those are Democrats."

"Your campaign wanted and pushed for this debate at this moment. You can't honestly say that you are not concerned at all after watching the President's performance tonight?""

https://x.com/KanekoaTheGreat/status/18 ... 0832153054
LaxFan2311

Post by LaxFan2311 »

It’s over! Trump dominated the debate.
OuttaNowhereWregget

LaxFan2311 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:59 am It’s over! Trump dominated the debate.
OuttaNowhereWregget

It's a Meltdown!

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... is this like the Big Red Wave you assured us of in 2022, Petey?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
OuttaNowhereWregget

Here’s why it would be tough for Democrats to replace Joe Biden on the presidential ticket

Here’s why it would be tough for Democrats to replace Joe Biden on the presidential ticket
By WILL WEISSERT The Associated Press, June 28, 2024

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden’s halting debate performance on Thursday night has led some in his own party to begin questioning whether he should be replaced on the ballot before November.

There is no evidence Biden is willing to end his campaign. And it would be nearly impossible for Democrats to replace him unless he chooses to step aside.

Here’s why:

Delegates bound to Biden
Every state has already held its presidential primary. Democratic rules mandate that the delegates Biden won remain bound to support him at the party’s upcoming national convention unless he tells them he’s leaving the race.

Biden indicated that he had no plans to do that, telling supporters in Atlanta shortly after he left the debate stage, “Let’s keep going.” Biden campaign spokesperson Lauren Hitt was even clearer, saying Friday: “Of course he’s not dropping out.”

The conventions and their rules are controlled by the political parties. The Democratic National Committee could convene before the convention opens on Aug. 19 and change how things will work, but that isn’t likely as long as Biden wants to continue seeking reelection.

The current rules read: “Delegates elected to the national convention pledged to a presidential candidate shall in all good conscience reflect the sentiments of those who elected them.”

Might Kamala Harris replace Biden?
The vice president is Biden’s running mate, but that doesn’t mean she can swap in for him at the top of the ticket by default. Biden also can’t decree that she replace him should he suddenly decide to leave the race.

The Democratic National Convention is being held in Chicago, but the party has announced that it will hold a virtual roll call to formally nominate Biden before in-person proceedings begin. The exact date for the roll call has not yet been set.

If Biden opts to abandon his reelection campaign, Harris would likely join other top Democratic candidates looking to replace him. But that would probably create a scenario where she and others end up lobbying individual state delegations at the convention for their support.

That hasn’t happened for Democrats since 1960, when John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson jockeyed for votes during that year’s Democratic convention in Los Angeles.

What about other potential Democratic candidates?
In addition to the vice president, others that had endorsed Biden in 2024 while harboring their own presidential aspirations for future cycles include California Gov. Gavin Newsom, Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, Pennsylvania Gov. Josh Shapiro, Illinois Gov. J. B. Pritzker and California Rep. Ro Khanna.

Still others who Biden bested during the party’s 2020 presidential primary could also try again, including Sens. Bernie Sanders of Vermont, Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts and Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota, as well as Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg.

If Biden were to abruptly leave the race, conservative groups have suggested they will file lawsuits around the country, potentially questioning the legality of the Democratic candidate’s name on the ballot.

But Elaine Kamarck, a senior fellow in governance studies at the Brookings Institution in Washington, who wrote a book about the presidential nominating process and is also a member of the Democratic National Committee’s rulemaking arm, said that courts have consistently stayed out of political primaries as long as parties running them weren’t doing anything that would contradict other constitutional rights, such as voter suppression based on race.

“This is very clear constitutionally that this is in the party’s purview,” Kamarck said in an interview before the debate. “The business of nominating someone to represent a political party is the business of the political party.”

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2024/06/28/ ... al-ticket/
Seacoaster(1)

Re: Here’s why it would be tough for Democrats to replace Joe Biden on the presidential ticket

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:18 am Here’s why it would be tough for Democrats to replace Joe Biden on the presidential ticket
By WILL WEISSERT The Associated Press, June 28, 2024

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden’s halting debate performance on Thursday night has led some in his own party to begin questioning whether he should be replaced on the ballot before November.

There is no evidence Biden is willing to end his campaign. And it would be nearly impossible for Democrats to replace him unless he chooses to step aside.

Here’s why:

Delegates bound to Biden
Every state has already held its presidential primary. Democratic rules mandate that the delegates Biden won remain bound to support him at the party’s upcoming national convention unless he tells them he’s leaving the race.

Biden indicated that he had no plans to do that, telling supporters in Atlanta shortly after he left the debate stage, “Let’s keep going.” Biden campaign spokesperson Lauren Hitt was even clearer, saying Friday: “Of course he’s not dropping out.”

The conventions and their rules are controlled by the political parties. The Democratic National Committee could convene before the convention opens on Aug. 19 and change how things will work, but that isn’t likely as long as Biden wants to continue seeking reelection.

The current rules read: “Delegates elected to the national convention pledged to a presidential candidate shall in all good conscience reflect the sentiments of those who elected them.”

Might Kamala Harris replace Biden?
The vice president is Biden’s running mate, but that doesn’t mean she can swap in for him at the top of the ticket by default. Biden also can’t decree that she replace him should he suddenly decide to leave the race.

The Democratic National Convention is being held in Chicago, but the party has announced that it will hold a virtual roll call to formally nominate Biden before in-person proceedings begin. The exact date for the roll call has not yet been set.

If Biden opts to abandon his reelection campaign, Harris would likely join other top Democratic candidates looking to replace him. But that would probably create a scenario where she and others end up lobbying individual state delegations at the convention for their support.

That hasn’t happened for Democrats since 1960, when John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson jockeyed for votes during that year’s Democratic convention in Los Angeles.

What about other potential Democratic candidates?
In addition to the vice president, others that had endorsed Biden in 2024 while harboring their own presidential aspirations for future cycles include California Gov. Gavin Newsom, Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, Pennsylvania Gov. Josh Shapiro, Illinois Gov. J. B. Pritzker and California Rep. Ro Khanna.

Still others who Biden bested during the party’s 2020 presidential primary could also try again, including Sens. Bernie Sanders of Vermont, Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts and Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota, as well as Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg.

If Biden were to abruptly leave the race, conservative groups have suggested they will file lawsuits around the country, potentially questioning the legality of the Democratic candidate’s name on the ballot.

But Elaine Kamarck, a senior fellow in governance studies at the Brookings Institution in Washington, who wrote a book about the presidential nominating process and is also a member of the Democratic National Committee’s rulemaking arm, said that courts have consistently stayed out of political primaries as long as parties running them weren’t doing anything that would contradict other constitutional rights, such as voter suppression based on race.

“This is very clear constitutionally that this is in the party’s purview,” Kamarck said in an interview before the debate. “The business of nominating someone to represent a political party is the business of the political party.”

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2024/06/28/ ... al-ticket/
As a non-Globe reader, thanks for posting this; interesting stuff. I am doubtful that the current concern will result in changing horses. And I am doubtful that a GOP lawsuit insisting he stay on the ballot would succeed. I guess I will wander around my yard today wondering who would be the nominee if not Biden.

And even if I thought Biden may not be suitable for the job based on age, I know his opponent isn't suitable based on his character, and his intentions. The choice -- if it is Biden v. Trump -- will remain an old guy with policies who reveres democracy, and an old guy with no policies who wants a self-pardon and revenge. Pretty weird times here in the USA.
OuttaNowhereWregget

CNN POLL: Who won the debate?

First debate, 2020
🟦 Joe Biden: 60% (+32)
🟥 Donald Trump: 28%

First debate, 2024
🟥 Donald Trump: 67% (+34)
🟦 Joe Biden: 33%

Net 66 point swing towards Trump

As one tweeted under this poll--who made up the 33%?

But SubstanceNotStyle, right? Let's see how long wackjob libs parrot this. It's obviously in the memo that was disseminated from panicking Dem headquarters as to what the damage control spin strategy should be. Good luck with that. It's for certain sure they can't use the asinine spin of Cheap Fakes anymore.

https://x.com/IAPolls2022/status/1806540442772648234
OuttaNowhereWregget

Pathetic

She should be convincing her husband to resign. He's obviously not fit to serve the rest of his term, let alone another four years. Instead she's out there trying to convince not only her husband, but the rest of their base that Joe "did a great job and answered all the questions". Tsk tsk.

OuttaNowhereWregget

They lied to you.
They told you not to be deceived by your eyes and your ears.
They told you you just didn't know him like they did.
They lied to you.
They're not shocked by Biden's mental collapse.
They knew all along, as we did.
They're just shocked they got caught.

--Ben Shapiro

https://x.com/benshapiro/status/1806653651944972564
a fan

Re: Pathetic

Post by a fan »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:42 am She should be convincing her husband to resign. He's obviously not fit to serve the rest of his term, let alone another four years. Instead she's out there trying to convince not only her husband, but the rest of their base that Joe "did a great job and answered all the questions". Tsk tsk.

Can say the same thing about Trump. Same babbling idiot. Yet here we are.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Is there some type of law out there for elderly abuse...maybe Jill is really the problem?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
njbill

Post by njbill »

Well, the Trumpers sure are celebrating this morning. But we’re only in the first quarter of the game. I don’t have a quibble with folks who say Trump “won” the debate, especially if they focus on style and not substance. CNN says Romney won the first 2012 debate by 42 points. Clinton won the first debate in 2016 by 13 points. So winning a debate does not guarantee victory in November.

The key question is whether any votes were changed. Saw reports from two watch parties, one in Michigan and another in Pennsylvania. No one said the debate changed their vote. We will see what the actual polls say in a few days. I expect Trump will get a bump which like all election year bumps will likely only be temporary.

In retrospect, Joe should have said he wouldn’t debate until Trump conceded the 2020 election. That is Monday morning quarterbacking, of course. Also, reports are Biden‘s aides told him not to attack Trump. I think that was a mistake. It made Joe look weak and tentative at the beginning of the debate. Trump, on the other hand, was counseled to keep his Mongo in check. He did that pretty well early on. But later in the debate, when Joe started attacking him, Trump started getting angry and began making ridiculous (obviously false) claims that didn’t even need to be checked.

But, go ahead Trumpers, enjoy your day in the sun. Probably won’t last long.
WaffleTwineFaceoff

Post by WaffleTwineFaceoff »

njbill wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:01 am Well, the Trumpers sure are celebrating this morning. But we’re only in the first quarter of the game. I don’t have a quibble with folks who say Trump “won” the debate, especially if they focus on style and not substance. CNN says Romney won the first 2012 debate by 42 points. Clinton won the first debate in 2016 by 13 points. So winning a debate does not guarantee victory in November.

The key question is whether any votes were changed. Saw reports from two watch parties, one in Michigan and another in Pennsylvania. No one said the debate changed their vote. We will see what the actual polls say in a few days. I expect Trump will get a bump which like all election year bumps will likely only be temporary.

In retrospect, Joe should have said he wouldn’t debate until Trump conceded the 2020 election. That is Monday morning quarterbacking, of course. Also, reports are Biden‘s aides told him not to attack Trump. I think that was a mistake. It made Joe look weak and tentative at the beginning of the debate. Trump, on the other hand, was counseled to keep his Mongo in check. He did that pretty well early on. But later in the debate, when Joe started attacking him, Trump started getting angry and began making ridiculous (obviously false) claims that didn’t even need to be checked.

Just a note of heads up from a lifelong registered D never Trump voter - I feel disenfranchised from a party I'm struggling to recognize. Same as many of my friends, family and colleagues. Last night was positively frightening and demoralizing. What will happen in the privacy of a voting booth on election day? I wouldn't make any assumptions or take any bets right now.

Interesting to see the news coverage and punditry of our "peer nations" this morning. Just wow. :roll:
The only freedom which deserves the name is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. John Stuart Mill On Liberty 1859
LaxFan2311

Post by LaxFan2311 »

WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:14 am
njbill wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:01 am Well, the Trumpers sure are celebrating this morning. But we’re only in the first quarter of the game. I don’t have a quibble with folks who say Trump “won” the debate, especially if they focus on style and not substance. CNN says Romney won the first 2012 debate by 42 points. Clinton won the first debate in 2016 by 13 points. So winning a debate does not guarantee victory in November.

Just a note of heads up from a lifelong registered D never Trump voter - I feel disenfranchised from a party I'm struggling to recognize. Same as many of my friends, family and colleagues. Last night was positively frightening and demoralizing. What will happen in the privacy of a voting booth on election day? I wouldn't make any assumptions or take any bets right now.

Interesting to see the news coverage and punditry of our "peer nations" this morning. Just wow. :roll:
I talked to family members who live in a border state. Never in a million years would I have thought they’d vote for Trump but they said they will after last night’s strong performance. Life was undoubtedly better during his Presidency than under Biden’s. Biden is a weak, feeble, mentally deranged individual who has destroyed our country with his horrific border and economic policies, let alone allowing new wars to pop up around the globe. Democrats are in deep trouble. The only hope they have is to replace him. If not, it’ll be a massive blowout across all races. The country is finally waking up to the fact the Democrats are radical. They put illegals over law abiding citizens, they support abortion up to and sometimes past birth. They think men can be women, they support endless wars and money laundering schemes in Ukraine that put Americans last. They support extremely high tax and spend policies crippling our economy.
njbill

Post by njbill »

WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:14 am I feel disenfranchised from a party I'm struggling to recognize. Same as many of my friends, family and colleagues.
The people who feel disenfranchised from their party are the lifelong Republicans who are absolutely disgusted by Trump. There certainly are Democratic voters who would prefer another candidate at the top of the ticket, but I wouldn’t say they feel “disenfranchised from the party.”
WaffleTwineFaceoff

Post by WaffleTwineFaceoff »

njbill wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:34 am
WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:14 am I feel disenfranchised from a party I'm struggling to recognize. Same as many of my friends, family and colleagues.
The people who feel disenfranchised from their party are the lifelong Republicans who are absolutely disgusted by Trump. There certainly are Democratic voters who would prefer another candidate at the top of the ticket, but I wouldn’t say they feel “disenfranchised from the party.”
We must have different friends, family and colleagues. There is plenty of disenfranchisement to go around. Left, right, center.
The only freedom which deserves the name is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. John Stuart Mill On Liberty 1859
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:14 am

we are fairly certain, that, what we witnessed, wasn't what we saw.

a deep fake.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"

Return to “POLITICS”