All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

DocBarrister

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by DocBarrister »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:27 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:22 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:19 pm btw, we have a number of employees in FL looking for their $1,200 now...I'm not gonna guarantee they won't blow it on an alligator or python hunt, but they want that cash. That check means a ton to many people in this country. Hold it up at your peril. These boys don't remember a lot, but they'll remember who delayed their check.

:!:
Even if the bill was passed and then signed by Trump right now, the checks probably won’t be in the mail until May.

IRS has had a lot of funding cuts, primarily thanks to Republicans. They are the ones who will be handling these checks.

DocBarrister
Such nonsense from our resident warpig. Prove that the IRS budget was cut. Easy enough to find. You made the claim. Bye, go bye bye
You should stop posting here until you remedy your profound ignorance.

The IRS has always been something of a political punching bag. When Republicans took control of the House in 2010, they began pushing for deep cuts in the agency's budget.

"I know that when we were in the majority, that we took great pleasure in cutting the amount of money that was going to the IRS every year," Rep. Dave Joyce, R-Ohio, said last week.

The IRS made an easy target. The agency was the enforcer of the Affordable Care Act, which Republicans despise. There were charges that the IRS unfairly penalized conservative groups that tried to apply for tax-exempt status. And even in the best of times, people don't have warm and fuzzy feelings about the tax collector.

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/15/71341149 ... t-of-money

Either stop posting or pray for God’s forgiveness for your ignorance. Thank you.

DocBarrister :roll:
@DocBarrister
njbill

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by njbill »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:28 pm
njbill wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:59 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:50 pm I thought they fired Dr. Falci?
Not yet. Watch the video seacoaster posted. He’ll be fired on Great Friday.
How far back? I will find it. Thank you. I can't stand trump.....but this isn't on him, not any way, shape or form.
Here ya go.

https://twitter.com/jlcauvin/status/124 ... 85376?s=21
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:32 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:09 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:54 pm Looks like after a slow start today (probably just in reporting), the US will hit 1000 deaths by CV tonight. 928 at the moment.
The United States will also likely overtake both China and Italy in total confirmed cases by late Friday or early Saturday. All of this with inadequate testing, meaning the real count is much higher.

Trump’s response to coronavirus is officially a catastrophe. It’s criminal that he is even discussing early easing of restrictions.

Congratulations Trump supporters ... putting him in the Oval Office is going to cost a lot of American lives.

DocBarrister :|
Yup, perhaps. But, did Trump vote to support the coronavirus release, like all your warpig hero's did ? : Hillaryous or JoeB. How many American lives have been lost to all our military actions the warpigs, like you support?

You have zero cred to blame ONE individual.
And, to add even less cred, you and yours offer ZERO solutions.

Did you attend Event 201?
Can someone here please translate this into English?

Thanks.

DocBarrister :)
@DocBarrister
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:33 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:19 pm btw, we have a number of employees in FL looking for their $1,200 now...I'm not gonna guarantee they won't blow it on an alligator or python hunt, but they want that cash. That check means a ton to many people in this country. Hold it up at your peril. These boys don't remember a lot, but they'll remember who delayed their check.

Even if the bill was passed and then signed by Trump right now, the checks probably won’t be in the mail until May.

IRS has had a lot of funding cuts, primarily thanks to Republicans. They are the ones who will be handling these checks.

DocBarrister
Such nonsense from our resident warpig. Prove that the IRS budget was cut. Easy enough to find. You made the claim. Bye, go bye bye

The IRS has always been something of a political punching bag. When Republicans took control of the House in 2010, they began pushing for deep cuts in the agency's budget.

"I know that when we were in the majority, that we took great pleasure in cutting the amount of money that was going to the IRS every year," Rep. Dave Joyce, R-Ohio, said last week.

The IRS made an easy target. The agency was the enforcer of the Affordable Care Act, which Republicans despise. There were charges that the IRS unfairly penalized conservative groups that tried to apply for tax-exempt status. And even in the best of times, people don't have warm and fuzzy feelings about the tax collector.

Either stop posting or pray for God’s forgiveness for your ignorance. Thank you.

warpigs like you are a mennance to our culture. Our peace.
I love NPR. They are NOT a bill. You fail.

\
It's ignorant to ask questions? What's your gated community doing about keeping illegals out of YOUR neighbor hood.

Go away. You offer zero solutions. When Hillary wins this fall, what steps should she take to prevent this from happening again.

that's right....you got nothing. Complaints. Insults. I know you were in Manhatten in October. Why not admit it?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:26 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:20 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:54 pm Looks like after a slow start today (probably just in reporting), the US will hit 1000 deaths by CV tonight. 928 at the moment.
The United States will also likely overtake both China and Italy in total confirmed cases by late Friday or early Saturday. All of this with inadequate testing, meaning the real count is much higher.

Trump’s response to coronavirus is officially a catastrophe. It’s criminal that he is even discussing early easing of restrictions.

Congratulations Trump supporters ... putting him in the Oval Office is going to cost a lot of American lives.

Actually I think the testing in NYS has largely caught up. If everyone was doing as well as NYS now, there should be little complaint.
Yes, but now there’s Florida, Michigan, Georgia, Virginia, Louisiana, and New Jersey. No way there is adequate testing in those states.

DocBarrister
Even here in Maryland where I thought we actually had our act together, if you have flu-like symptoms you cannot obtain a test unless you know for sure you were exposed to a known carrier or are a health worker or first responder, or have to be admitted to the hospital. No tests for anyone else, no matter whether you have symptoms or not. As of today.

Crazily, you can't even get tested for the flu to potentially screen out, they don't want you coming in at all.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:39 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:32 pm

Yup, perhaps. But, did Trump vote to support the coronavirus release, like all your warpig hero's did ? : Hillaryous or JoeB. How many American lives have been lost to all our military actions the warpigs, like you support?

You have zero cred to blame ONE individual.
And, to add even less cred, you and yours offer ZERO solutions.

Did you attend Event 201?
Can someone here please translate this into English?

Thanks.

DocBarrister :)
Sure.

warpigs vote and vote to allow military action. Their votes actually send our neighbors to combat. Where some DIE. Worst lawyer evah.....u.

Did POTUSA Trump vote, or put out an EX. order to release the coronavirus into our world ? He may have. Or, would you be what you claim me to me to be. IGNORANT......and not welcome an investigation into Hillaryous fall 2020 opponent , the current POTUSA, into perhaps HE really, really DID release it........

W
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:40 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:33 pm

DocBarrister

warpigs like you are a mennance to our culture. Our peace.
I love NPR. They are NOT a bill. You fail.

\
It's ignorant to ask questions? What's your gated community doing about keeping illegals out of YOUR neighbor hood.

Go away. You offer zero solutions. When Hillary wins this fall, what steps should she take to prevent this from happening again.

that's right....you got nothing. Complaints. Insults. I know you were in Manhatten in October. Why not admit it?
Just did an IP trace and realized that I am corresponding with a primate typing in a basement laboratory at the Wisconsin National Primate Research Center. Explains everything.

I am truly impressed. :shock: :o

DocBarrister ;)
@DocBarrister
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

njbill wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:36 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:28 pm
njbill wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:59 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:50 pm I thought they fired Dr. Falci?
Not yet. Watch the video seacoaster posted. He’ll be fired on Great Friday.
How far back? I will find it. Thank you. I can't stand trump.....but this isn't on him, not any way, shape or form.
Here ya go.

https://twitter.com/jlcauvin/status/124 ... 85376?s=21

Perfect......just what we need. Laughter, Thank you.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:47 pm

Just did an IP trace and realized that I am corresponding with a primate typing in a basement laboratory at the Wisconsin National Primate Research Center. Explains everything.

DocBarrister ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQUXuQ6Zd9w
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:01 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:47 pm

DocBarrister ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQUXuQ6Zd9w
:shock:

Wow ... it directed me to a You Tube site. Amazing what humans’ closest genetic neighbors can do! :shock:

This is making me rethink the ethics of primate research.

DocBarrister :shock: :o
@DocBarrister
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

This is more like it....
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Fauci got a real taste of the news media trying to tare him down. Well done Dr. https://www.instagram.com/p/B-LHj8HhT00 ... nvaqqt7kp3
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

I think Fauci is setting Orange Duce up. He is now talking about how we have to be prepared for a recurrence in the fall. Some research does indicate that CV (all flavors) is sensitive to hot humid weather. COVID-19 similarly. I don't think Fauci believes the evidence supports total disappearance under such conditions, only a lessening. He knows that we aren't going to have established enough herd immunity that this supposed seasonal effect will mean it is going to magically disappear (as Trump thinks). By making this statement, he is saying something Trump wants to hear (Trump thinks he is right). Fauci knows we will likely have a second wave starting late summer, early fall. This is just a means to get Trump to understand it ain't over when infections lessen when we come out of "lockdown" in early summer.

Yes sir Mr. President, you sure are smart. It's seasonal. We will just have to "lockdown" again.

Laying the ground work.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
old salt

Post by old salt »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:18 pm I think Fauci is setting Orange Duce up. He is now talking about how we have to be prepared for a recurrence in the fall. Some research does indicate that CV (all flavors) is sensitive to hot humid weather. COVID-19 similarly. I don't think Fauci believes the evidence supports total disappearance under such conditions, only a lessening. He knows that we aren't going to have established enough herd immunity that this supposed seasonal effect will mean it is going to magically disappear (as Trump thinks). By making this statement, he is saying something Trump wants to hear (Trump thinks he is right). Fauci knows we will likely have a second wave starting late summer, early fall. This is just a means to get Trump to understand it ain't over when infections lessen when we come out of "lockdown" in early summer.

Yes sir Mr. President, you sure are smart. It's seasonal. We will just have to "lockdown" again.

Laying the ground work.
That also has the advantage of being a solid strategy.

Fauci & Birx are going to let the data drive the strategy.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

The constant Trump bashing by some here is nauseating.

I found a couple of very interesting articles to ponder.

Possible convalescent serum option (Hopkins originated apparently):

https://www.jci.org/articles/view/138003

Eat blueberries and have melatonin available:

https://www.ktsa.com/area-doctor-offers ... -recovery/
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

Um fellas, it is summertime end in some hemispheres that are dealing with virus so to say the seasons will determine its strength or weakness seems incoherent. Tom and Rita Hanks got it in Australian summertime down under!
The parent, not the coach.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Jim Malone wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:09 pm Um fellas, it is summertime end in some hemispheres that are dealing with virus so to say the seasons will determine its strength or weakness seems incoherent. Tom and Rita Hanks got it in Australian summertime down under!
So, I guess what you’re saying is that the earth isn’t flat. This changes things.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

DocBarrister
Doesn't sound like Trump or many republicans are fighting this at all. Local news reporting upon approval, it would be made via direct deposit to taxpayer's accounts...

The WaPo painted a much more bipartisan effort.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... -trillion/
Although Republicans have been attacking the inclusion of funding for the Kennedy Center, Trump said he personally approved it, saying, “the Kennedy Center has suffered greatly.” Trump noted that it started out as a Democratic request, adding, “You know, it works that way. The Democrats have treated us fairly. I really believe that we’ve had a very good back and forth. And I say that with respect to Chuck Schumer.”

Trump acknowledged, though, that assisting an institution like the Kennedy Center might come across like “not a good sound bite, but that’s the way life works.”

If the Senate passes the bill, the next step is a little less clear. The House is out of session, so action there could take longer. Many members have voiced concerns about returning to the tight quarters of the Capitol, with at least two House members testing positive for the coronavirus and others in quarantine.

Pelosi had favored passing the bill by “unanimous consent,” which would require agreement from all members of the chamber. But one prominent liberal — Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) — has already suggested she could oppose it.

Another option, which Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) endorsed Wednesday, would be to pass the legislation by “voice vote” in the House. That could allow any members who wanted to debate the issue publicly to do so, before passing the legislation without a roll-call vote that would require a quorum to be present. McCarthy suggested time for debate should be allowed on the House floor.

“I know we’re in a very challenging time … but I don’t think we should pass a $2 trillion package by unanimous consent,” he said. Pelosi said later that she, too, would support the “voice vote” route, and “I’d like to see a good debate on the floor.”

Still, all sides expressed eagerness to move swiftly.

“This is going to be enormous help for the American workers and the American economy,” Mnuchin said
old salt

Post by old salt »

Jim Malone wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:09 pm Um fellas, it is summertime end in some hemispheres that are dealing with virus so to say the seasons will determine its strength or weakness seems incoherent. Tom and Rita Hanks got it in Australian summertime down under!
Who brought it in down under ? After a huge backpacker party on Bondi Beach, new cases jumped & the govt closed the beaches -- prompting Queensland to close their border with New South Wales. Crikey !

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/coronavi ... r-BB11ENCi

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-26/ ... d/12091632
DocBarrister

New York City on Verge of Being Overwhelmed

Post by DocBarrister »

In several hours on Tuesday, Dr. Ashley Bray performed chest compressions at Elmhurst Hospital Center on a woman in her 80s, a man in his 60s and a 38-year-old who reminded the doctor of her fiancé. All had tested positive for the coronavirus and had gone into cardiac arrest. All eventually died.

Elmhurst, a 545-bed public hospital in Queens, has begun transferring patients not suffering from coronavirus to other hospitals as it moves toward becoming dedicated entirely to the outbreak. Doctors and nurses have struggled to make do with a few dozen ventilators. Calls over a loudspeaker of “Team 700,” the code for when a patient is on the verge of death, come several times a shift. Some have died inside the emergency room while waiting for a bed.

A refrigerated truck has been stationed outside to hold the bodies of the dead. Over the past 24 hours, New York City’s public hospital system said in a statement, 13 people at Elmhurst had died.

“It’s apocalyptic,” said Dr. Bray, 27, a general medicine resident at the hospital.

... All of the more than 1,800 intensive care beds in the city are expected to be full by Friday, according to a Federal Emergency Management Agency briefing obtained by The New York Times. Patients could stay for weeks, limiting space for newly sickened people.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/25/nyre ... e=Homepage

The greatest city on the planet, with several of the world’s greatest medical centers, is on the verge of having its health care system overwhelmed.

Just think about that.

When’s the last time that happened?

Last edited by DocBarrister on Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@DocBarrister

Return to “POLITICS”