Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:33 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:29 am
a fan wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:22 am
dislaxxic wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:08 am
a fan wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:56 amNope. I have REPEATEDLY pointed out that there is no bill from the Dems. REPEATEDLY.
Not true.

Fact Sheet: President Biden Sends Immigration Bill to Congress as Part of His Commitment to Modernize our Immigration System

A start point put into play when President J'Biden first came into office.

Stand corrected. 100% missed this, thank you, Diss.

Biden's off the hook, fellas. Want to blame someone? Blame the House.

Who's running the House?
I thought the new way of correcting this is by executive order. If you start doing things the way they were meant to be done it upsets the entire political applecart. There were some good ideas submitted as a foundation to start with. I don't see one of them that would have prevented the current breakdown of any semblance of order at the border.
"Current breakdown".....is leading Congress to act, and ACTUALLY solve the problem. I'm FOR that.

There's ZERO difference between a few months of a ton of people coming, and 40 years of LOTS of people coming over our borders.

This is how Americans think: they think the number 10,000 for one year is higher than 1,000 for 40 years.
I read recently that at Eagle Pass in Texas they had an average of 6000 people a day crossing the border. It has been the norm for way longer than a few months. FTR Eagle Pass has been screaming at the top of their lungs for many months that they are overwhelmed and can't handle the influx. Their gripe is the federal government has done little if anything to assist in handling the problem. They chose to address it with concertina wire and look where that got them? It creates a conundrum a Fan for Eagle Pass. Your damned if you do and your damned if you don't.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:04 am Look up the signatories to that letter. Yes, all "officials" in the FBI or other law enforcement agencies. ALL of them can be found on any given day on Fox News spouting the fear-mongering BS that drives the backbone of the far right's crock of LIES about what is happening at the border and who is to blame for it. It is absolutely a LIE that Joe Biden's border policies have caused a surreptitious "invasion" of foreign military agents. What a flaming crock. These types of people can very easily come thru any airport in our country with a 50-cent ID. These rightwing deep state types need to do the JOB that's required of them and be ready to interdict and stop whatever sends a "chill down the spine" of the sheeple that need a dictator to tell them how to live. :roll: [/]

Exactly. Oh, and while they’re at it, maybe make materiel a little harder to acquire. 2A?

Some people here loll about in a sea of cognitive dissonance. Remarkable.

Good point about the method of infiltration. Do these alarmists address the visa overstays?

FUD, FUD, and more FUD. But hey, it’s election time, so go with what has worked in the past. “Leave with the date you brought.”
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:02 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:46 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:37 am
WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:55 am So, how do we shoehorn these tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorists (The retired FBI officials sounding the alarm served under seven U.S. presidents and four FBI directors. They include Kevin Brock, former assistant director of intelligence and former principal deputy director of the National Counterterrorism Center; Chris Swecker, former assistant director of the FBI’s Criminal Investigative Division; Timothy Healy, former director of the Terrorist Screening Center; Ruben Garcia, Jr., former executive assistant director of the Criminal, Cyber, Response and Services Branch; Mark Morgan, former assistant director for training at the FBI, former acting commissioner of U.S. Customs and Border Protection and former U.S. Border Patrol chief; David Szady, former assistant director of counterintelligence; Jody Weiss, former special agent in charge in Philadelphia; David Mitchell, former special agent in charge in Milwaukee; William Gavin, former assistant director of the FBI’s Inspection Division and Timothy McNally, former assistant director of the FBI’s Los Angeles division) into the proscribed and party affiliated victim or villain roles our leaders get assigned and blamed for here on this thread?

https://www.thecentersquare.com/nationa ... 9929e.html

The letter:

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnew ... a8.pdf.pdf

Sincerely curious what folks here takeaway from the article/letter above. My takeaway: chills down my spine.

P.S. To the poster above suggesting Democratic voters don't have immigration on their top ten list of concerns for the upcoming election, I guess you commiserate with different Democrats than I do.
Sadly, the wheels are already in motion. And if we think 06Jan was in insurrection, I have no doubt that it could be far worse. Only this time, there are already brigades upon brigades of ready and able soldiers, not of US interest, waiting for the call to act.

Pizzasnake has his head in the sand, blindly arguing for facts before comprehending it really takes very little training to take over our US Capitol. As if 06JAN was not enough evidence right in plain sight. Had a couple dozen people arrived with a planned mission AND appropriate munitions, it could have been a war zone.
Think of those guys scaling the walls and roaming the halls as participants in a larger mission. The government officials hatched the plot. The guy with his feet up on the desk was a useful idiot. For a guy that loves him some government conspiracy and all things lead to Obama’s desk it’s odd that you have decided not to pay much attention to this. You have CHOSEN not to pay attention like a lot of people I know…. “Not really following it”….
Another instance of NOT listening, again. :roll:
My fault. I thought you were implying that the events of January 6th did not constitute an insurrection. I made a mistake in re-reading your post. My fault.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:42 am
a fan wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:56 amNope. I have REPEATEDLY pointed out that there is no bill from the Dems. REPEATEDLY.
Not true.

Fact Sheet: President Biden Sends Immigration Bill to Congress as Part of His Commitment to Modernize our Immigration System

Who's running the House?
I thought the new way of correcting this is by executive order. If you start doing things the way they were meant to be done it upsets the entire political applecart. There were some good ideas submitted as a foundation to start with. I don't see one of them that would have prevented the current breakdown of any semblance of order at the border.
"Current breakdown".....is leading Congress to act, and ACTUALLY solve the problem. I'm FOR that.

There's ZERO difference between a few months of a ton of people coming, and 40 years of LOTS of people coming over our borders.

This is how Americans think: they think the number 10,000 for one year is higher than 1,000 for 40 years.
I read recently that at Eagle Pass in Texas they had an average of 6000 people a day crossing the border. It has been the norm for way longer than a few months. FTR Eagle Pass has been screaming at the top of their lungs for many months that they are overwhelmed and can't handle the influx. Their gripe is the federal government has done little if anything to assist in handling the problem. They chose to address it with concertina wire and look where that got them? It creates a conundrum a Fan for Eagle Pass. Your damned if you do and your damned if you don't.
All Trump and the R's had to do was fulfill the ONE campaign promise he made, and this would be in our rearview mirror.

Look at when this thread was started by you: 2018. SIX years ago, when Trump was in office. Trump didn't do what he said he'd do, and R voters let him get away with it, giving him RECORD HIGH poll numbers.

Biden (thank you dis) put in HIS bill in 2021, after taking office. The House didn't pass a bill for Trump, so whining that "mommy, I don't like Dem bills" is utter BS. The Truth is, they don't want to fix the problem because they think it gets them votes every 2 and 4 years.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:48 am
Not true.

Who's running the House?

All Trump and the R's had to do was fulfill the ONE campaign promise he made, and this would be in our rearview mirror.

Look at when this thread was started by you: 2018. SIX years ago, when Trump was in office. Trump didn't do what he said he'd do, and R voters let him get away with it, giving him RECORD HIGH poll numbers.

Biden (thank you dis) put in HIS bill in 2021, after taking office. The House didn't pass a bill for Trump, so whining that "mommy, I don't like Dem bills" is utter BS. The Truth is, they don't want to fix the problem because they think it gets them votes every 2 and 4 years.
It must have been a stealth submission of the Bill to Congress. It is fair to ask why Joe didn't use his bully pulpit and address the issue via a prime time network news conference? The only way to get any action out of Congress sometime is to shame them in public. Correct if I'm wrong but this chaotic situation at the border became worse once Biden took office. If I was the president and had submitted this to Congress I damn sure would be telling the American people that I submitted this proposal to Congress on day one. Joe was locked and loaded and armed for bear but didn't vociferously object to the inaction on his proposal. Joe normally has no such problem doing so.
Bob Ross:
WaffleTwineFaceoff

Post by WaffleTwineFaceoff »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:04 am Look up the signatories to that letter. Yes, all "officials" in the FBI or other law enforcement agencies. ALL of them can be found on any given day on Fox News spouting the fear-mongering BS that drives the backbone of the far right's crock of LIES about what is happening at the border and who is to blame for it. It is absolutely a LIE that Joe Biden's border policies have caused a surreptitious "invasion" of foreign military agents. What a flaming crock. These types of people can very easily come thru any airport in our country with a 50-cent ID. These rightwing deep state types need to do the JOB that's required of them and be ready to interdict and stop whatever sends a "chill down the spine" of the sheeple that need a dictator to tell them how to live. :roll:
Never pictured myself as a sheeple in search of a dictator to tell me how to live. :roll:

If we set aside what ifs, shoulda's, coulda's, and bidirectional finger pointing and blaming on this particular thread for just a second, does the letter's premise (setting aside skepticism due to the author's having to have an underlying agenda as their only reason for penning such a letter) merit even a 1% chance of "an adverse event" being a 1% plausible possibility? Is that not enough to send a chill down a spine or two?

Let's imagine an adverse event as being a low resistance, high impact soft target sucker punch (as opposed to a "they've stealthily banded together into 30 coordinated battalion groups and now they're trying to take over America in an armed coup"). The former offers lots of low hanging fruit and creative possibilities for even a small, coordinated, and determined band of bad brothers/sisters, no? Does thinking such a possibility and intent might exist earn someone a scarlet "S" for sheeple? We do have factual data that known terrorist watchlist persons have entered the country. Have they all been shown the door and sent back to wherever? Perhaps I just have an overly active imagination.
The only freedom which deserves the name is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. John Stuart Mill On Liberty 1859
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:36 am
dislaxxic wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:04 am Look up the signatories to that letter. Yes, all "officials" in the FBI or other law enforcement agencies. ALL of them can be found on any given day on Fox News spouting the fear-mongering BS that drives the backbone of the far right's crock of LIES about what is happening at the border and who is to blame for it. It is absolutely a LIE that Joe Biden's border policies have caused a surreptitious "invasion" of foreign military agents. What a flaming crock. These types of people can very easily come thru any airport in our country with a 50-cent ID. These rightwing deep state types need to do the JOB that's required of them and be ready to interdict and stop whatever sends a "chill down the spine" of the sheeple that need a dictator to tell them how to live. :roll:
Never pictured myself as a sheeple in search of a dictator to tell me how to live. :roll:

If we set aside what ifs, shoulda's, coulda's, and bidirectional finger pointing and blaming on this particular thread for just a second, does the letter's premise (setting aside skepticism due to the author's having to have an underlying agenda as their only reason for penning such a letter) merit even a 1% chance of "an adverse event" being a 1% plausible possibility? Is that not enough to send a chill down a spine or two?

Let's imagine an adverse event as being a low resistance, high impact soft target sucker punch (as opposed to a "they've stealthily banded together into 30 coordinated battalion groups and now they're trying to take over America in an armed coup"). The former offers lots of low hanging fruit and creative possibilities for even a small, coordinated, and determined band of bad brothers/sisters, no? Does thinking such a possibility and intent might exist earn someone a scarlet "S" for sheeple? We do have factual data that known terrorist watchlist persons have entered the country. Have they all been shown the door and sent back to wherever? Perhaps I just have an overly active imagination.
People scuk at risk analysis.

Do you operate a personal vehicle on public roads regularly? The risk you accept for a serous adverse effect is much, much greater.

I’m not saying there is no risk; I’m saying our society accepts all kinds of risks all the time. Fast and loose, baby!!

If we decided, collectively, to identify and mitigate these risks, our lives would be unrecognizable.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
a fan

Post by a fan »

WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:36 am If we set aside what ifs, shoulda's, coulda's, and bidirectional finger pointing and blaming on this particular thread for just a second, does the letter's premise (setting aside skepticism due to the author's having to have an underlying agenda as their only reason for penning such a letter) merit even a 1% chance of "an adverse event" being a 1% plausible possibility? Is that not enough to send a chill down a spine or two?
Not even a little bit.

Reminder: how did the 9/11 attackers enter the US? Through the Southern border?

Next Question: what did Bush and our D and R leaders in Congress do to secure ALL of our borders, and improve our ability to Track who comes and goes AFTER we were hit, and our weak-*ss borders and VISA system was exposed for all the world to see?

Nothing. Obama had his chance. Trump had his chance. Both did NOTHING about it.

9/11 was well over 20 years ago, Waffle. We STILL haven't done a thing about it. And these FBI agents just figured out that "we have a security problem" a couple of weeks ago? :lol: Where the F was this letter from FBI agents in 2002? And 3? And 4? And......

And I'd bet a year's salary that even if we pass a bill, it won't included pumping the BILLIONS needed to update ALL of our software, increase immigration judges 10 fold, and increase security on ALL of our borders.

The Southern border is a red herring. It's the LAST of our ACTUAL problems. We could shut that border air tight, and we'd solve only 10% of the ACTUAL problems.

And who here remembers me pointing this sooper-cool fact: US Ports are operated by Foreign operators, STILL, to this day.

So no, I'm not worried about this. Worry left the building in 2000's. Plainly, we don't care.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/sto ... Id=5234177

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/forei ... t-scrutiny

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/sto ... Id=5234177
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

What are your thoughts on home grown terrorists? There is at least a 1% chance. How did McVeigh sneak across the border?
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

“A Border Deal now would be another Gift to the Radical Left Democrats. They need it politically, but don’t care about our Border,” Trump said in a statement Thursday. “What is currently being worked on in the Senate will be meaningless in terms of Border Security and Closure.”

He added, “If you want to have a really Secure Border, your ONLY HOPE is to vote for TRUMP2024.”

Translation: "Therefore, we can't fix the problem now. We MUST wait, so I have a campaign issue, and vote me in, so I can pretend to fix it. Again."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Not true.

Who's running the House?

Well trump tried to fulfill his promise with his big beautiful wall that Mexico was going to pay for. You wanna know something Mexico also has that they have already paid for?? They call em Oxy/Acetylene torches that cut through steel like a hot knife through butter. No need to climb over the big beautiful wall. In probably less than a minute you can make your own door. :roll:
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:39 pm
Not true.

Who's running the House?

Well trump tried to fulfill his promise with his big beautiful wall that Mexico was going to pay for. You wanna know something Mexico also has that they have already paid for?? They call em Oxy/Acetylene torches that cut through steel like a hot knife through butter. No need to climb over the big beautiful wall. In probably less than a minute you can make your own door. :roll:
Yep. The Wall is pointless. It's a talking point, because even 2 year old knows what a wall is. But as I've said before: if it will get R's to stop using that as an excuse for inaction on the REAL problem?

Build the stupid thing, so we can move on. And raise taxes to pay for it, since they think it's SO critical. Do it, and move on to fixing the actual problems.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:42 am

People scuk at risk analysis.

Do you operate a personal vehicle on public roads regularly? The risk you accept for a serous adverse effect is much, much greater.

I’m not saying there is no risk; I’m saying our society accepts all kinds of risks all the time. Fast and loose, baby!!

If we decided, collectively, to identify and mitigate these risks, our lives would be unrecognizable.
If it were not for mandatory safety inspections most drivers think their brakes were meant to last a lifetime. That grinding sound when you hit the brakes should be telling you something.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:48 pm
Not true.

Who's running the House?

Yep. The Wall is pointless. It's a talking point, because even 2 year old knows what a wall is. But as I've said before: if it will get R's to stop using that as an excuse for inaction on the REAL problem?

Build the stupid thing, so we can move on. And raise taxes to pay for it, since they think it's SO critical. Do it, and move on to fixing the actual problems.
Then that requires a worldwide ban on oxy/acetylene torches. trump will make the world pay for it. They can build it but should be aware of how simple it is to defeat it. Now a 1000 mile long moat with crocodiles and piranha would be more of a challenge. Just don't tell trump because he is likely to think it is a beautiful idea. :roll:
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Headline: GOP lawmaker moves to defund ‘sanctuary’ cities, slams ‘hypocrisy’ as they seek federal aid for migrant crisis
Cities have called for additional funding from the federal government

100% in support of this...ASSUMING the same leaders that played the Sanctuary City game, are the same ones begging for money and help.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gop-la ... ant-crisis
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:01 pm
Not true.

Who's running the House?

Then that requires a worldwide ban on oxy/acetylene torches. trump will make the world pay for it. They can build it but should be aware of how simple it is to defeat it. Now a 1000 mile long moat with crocodiles and piranha would be more of a challenge. Just don't tell trump because he is likely to think it is a beautiful idea. :roll:
Nah, $100 reciprocating saw with a metal-cutting blade.

"The breaches have been made using a popular cordless household tool known as a reciprocating saw that retails at hardware stores for as little as $100. When fitted with specialized blades, the saws can slice through one of the barrier's steel-and-concrete bollards in a matter of minutes, according to the agents, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly about the barrier-defeating techniques."

https://boingboing.net/2019/11/02/smugg ... ugh-t.html
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:25 pm
Not true.

Who's running the House?

"The breaches have been made using a popular cordless household tool known as a reciprocating saw that retails at hardware stores for as little as $100. When fitted with specialized blades, the saws can slice through one of the barrier's steel-and-concrete bollards in a matter of minutes, according to the agents, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly about the barrier-defeating techniques."

Depends on what gauge steel your cutting. It will get the job done. Better have plenty of spare blades. Torch would take 30 seconds. Don't forget to wear safety glasses.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:43 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:25 pm
Not true.

Who's running the House?

Depends on what gauge steel your cutting. It will get the job done. Better have plenty of spare blades. Torch would take 30 seconds. Don't forget to wear safety glasses.
Why does a measly fence around the WH and the US Naval Observatory work? Trump did not build those.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “POLITICS”