All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:23 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:55 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:36 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:05 pm I am going by the fact that its accessible only via a Johns Hopkins website and server. That seems to imply that Hopkins takes ownership in the paper.
I guess ignorance is an excuse in your world...

Well now you know it wasn't published by Hopkins or anyone, and that it hasn't been peer reviewed for accuracy.
yup...........who is it published by?
... keep up :roll: Steve Hanke, et al. You like the paper, contact him. You don't like it, contact him. Just being obtuse, I can't help you.
But it says Johns Hopkins…
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:53 pm
Bart wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:49 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:46 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:42 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:36 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:32 pm Simple question.. why can't a profound disagreement end with someone not being accused of being a Nazi propaganda minister? That is all..
remember when the Princeton attackman did a hockey celebration when scoring at Homewood.....BAM.......think he got a 3 minute non realeaseable.

fresh out of the box......to boot. bizarre.

Calling anyone ‘Goebbels’, as that poster did, is likely a violation of the board rules here.
... truth is truth Goebbels!
Boy...I hope you left a stash in the sin bin.
Or a rock carving tool and poster of Jane Fonda in the old cell!
... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:36 pm But it says Johns Hopkins…
Are you thick? Everyone knows the actual, reputable studies come from John Hopkins.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:42 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:52 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:46 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:42 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:36 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:32 pm Simple question.. why can't a profound disagreement end with someone not being accused of being a Nazi propaganda minister? That is all..
remember when the Princeton attackman did a hockey celebration when scoring at Homewood.....BAM.......think he got a 3 minute non realeaseable.

fresh out of the box......to boot. bizarre.

Calling anyone ‘Goebbels’, as that poster did, is likely a violation of the board rules here.
... truth is truth Goebbels!

Directed personal insults violate the board rules here.
So is "Putineque" trolling simply to inflame.

I agree that "Goebbels" is an insult, warranted or not, and doesn't improve the tenor of the discourse.

But you need to stop trying to incite such responses.
None of it is illuminating, other than to re-expose how ticked off people are.
... is Kellyanne an insult??
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:26 pm "and that it hasn't been peer reviewed for accuracy."
jhu72 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:11 pm
... and the conclusions are based on cherry picked, at best, data.
i almost forgot what subject we were on.
... easy to do.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:05 pm I am going by the fact that its accessible only via a Johns Hopkins website and server. That seems to imply that Hopkins takes ownership in the paper.

Well now you know it wasn't published by Hopkins or anyone, and that it hasn't been peer reviewed for accuracy.
... keep up :roll: Steve Hanke, et al. You like the paper, contact him. You don't like it, contact him. Just being obtuse, I can't help you.
yeah, I need to keep up with the information/report I posted.

State of Maryland tracking your "breakthru" postivite, symptomatic Covid, or are you and mdlaxfan like all the other Maryland "breakthru's" I know and no one has accounted for your sickness . That doesn't seem like science to us.

glad you waited until you were completely safe, jabbed up, before finally going out to a restuarant to eat. You stayed safe, prior to getting your vaxx card. If not fully shot up, you most likely would have died, if you risked the danger or dining out.

Funny, tho....over 100 million US residents, managed to live, with no jabs, with mild symptoms as well.

That is 100 percent Maryland residents that are fully "vaccinated" , that got sick, here on this website. Breakthru's. 2 for 2.

Is that misinformation? exactly.

at least no one wished you dead......
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:45 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:26 pm "and that it hasn't been peer reviewed for accuracy."
... easy to do.
maybe it was the unvaccinated kitchen help that got you sick ?

It certainly was at least 90 % effective....if not higher, correct ? You really can't refute the facts. The FDA paperwork. Faucis words on "vaccine" effectiveness. They are facts.

You got sick.

Keep on telling us they work....... the idiotic, "well, less sick" ...."didn't die or go to the hospital " retort is unfactual. A lie. unprovable. Unless you want to ignore the over 100 million, in the USA, that had the exact same outcome as you. Lived, mild symptoms, etc. Yup.....ignore the facts, while touting trumps facke vaccine.

bizarro world.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:49 pm

... huh?
... for those having difficulty following fatty - I have used my fatty decoder ring and translated above.
a fan

Post by a fan »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:40 pm
Are you thick? Everyone knows the actual, reputable studies come from John Hopkins.
Unless I'm having a malfunction, they took it off the site.

I was about to post that if you look on page 6, you'll find that they literally------literally-------got their data from "Google-ing". Nice original research, boys. Is that data you got from "google" iron clad, fellas? Who cares, right? You don't need to check that.

There isn't a single 1st world State/Country that didn't have a governmental lockdown of some sort during the pandemic. There isn't a control.

And btw? Masks meet their definition of "lockdown". Just a tad misleading...and unhelpful..... to call a mask mandate a "lockdown". Wouldn't you like to know if shutting down restaurants don't work....but mask mandates DO work?

And they ONLY look at governmental lockdowns....totally ignoring, for example, that we didn't have sports or concerts ANYWHERE for fall/winter of 2020-1.

Maybe try this again, with some real scientists, instead of economists with an axe to grind?
ggait

Post by ggait »

That Hanke study is taking very serious criticism since its recent release.

FYI, it is an unpublished working paper. So not published. Not peer reviewed. Not done by any scientists at JHU. Not put out by the JHU Coronavirus Resource Center (where JHU Covid info typically comes from). Done by several economists.

Which criticism, of course, is nowhere to be found from OAN, FNC, Newsmax, Wash Examiner, etc. Cause they only roll with unfair/unbalanced.

So let's see how it fares in the free marketplace of ideas. No cancelling involved. Just criticism on the merits. Maybe it will hold up, maybe not.

But one thing we know. If it does not hold up, that fact will never ever ever be reported by FNC, etc.

https://www.sciencemediacentre.org/expe ... s-website/

https://nationalpost.com/health/johns-h ... ritics-say
Last edited by ggait on Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Nazi revisionist history?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

ggait wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:00 pm That Hanke study is taking very serious criticism since its non-peer reviewed release.

Which criticism, of course, is nowhere to be found from OAN, FNC, Newsmax, Wash Examiner, etc. Cause they only roll with unfair/unbalanced.

So let's see how it fares in the free marketplace of ideas. No cancelling involved. Just criticism on the merits. Maybe it will hold up, maybe not.

But one thing we know. If it does not hold up, that fact will never ever ever

be reported by FNC, etc.

https://nationalpost.com/health/johns-h ... ritics-say
The only "report" that matters is fully trumpU 'vaccinated' people are getting sick, with covid. Fraud. they don't work.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:58 pm

I was about to post that if you look on page 6, you'll find that they literally------literally-------got their data from "Google-ing". Nice original research, boys. Is that data you got from "google" iron clad, fellas? Who cares, right? You don't need to check that.

There isn't a single 1st world State/Country that didn't have a governmental lockdown of some sort during the pandemic. There isn't a control.

And btw? Masks meet their definition of "lockdown". Just a tad misleading...and unhelpful..... to call a mask mandate a "lockdown". Wouldn't you like to know if shutting down restaurants don't work....but mask mandates DO work?

And they ONLY look at governmental lockdowns....totally ignoring, for example, that we didn't have sports or concerts ANYWHERE for fall/winter of 2020-1.

Maybe try this again, with some real scientists, instead of economists with an axe to grind?
Live my high school teammate told me during his summer job in high school…..the average person is stupid. He then went on to use one of our other teammates’ dad that came in looking for a part as an example. He was absolutely right. This is a good example. Staying away from sick or infectious people doesn’t help…..Jesus….this is the year 2022.
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

The only "report" that matters is fully trumpU 'vaccinated' people are getting sick, with covid. Fraud. they don't work.
Bull shirt disinfo like that should get you banned, RRR.

Unvaxed are 2X more likely to get infected. 20X more likely to die.

#facts

What exactly is wrong with you?
Bart

Post by Bart »

vaccine: a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Staying away from sick or infectious people doesn’t help…..Jesus….this is the year 2022.
One of the critics said this:

Dr Seth Flaxman, Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science, University of Oxford, said:

“Smoking causes cancer, the earth is round, and ordering people to stay at home (the correct definition of lockdown) decreases disease transmission. None of this is controversial among scientists. A study purporting to prove the opposite is almost certain to be fundamentally flawed.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

its getting crazy out there....

I believe this is now two JHU professionals discredited on this thread..given time, they will be considered a shithole university. ;) :P The 2nd, was Dr. Marty Makary, b/c of course he was seen on Fox news..fitting. Quite interesting, that both do not fit the narrative of those with a little d......(pardon the pun) by their name. ;) :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:07 pm

Live my high school teammate told me during his summer job in high school…..the average person is stupid. He then went on to use one of our other teammates’ dad that came in looking for a part as an example. He was absolutely right. This is a good example. Staying away from sick or infectious people doesn’t help…..Jesus….this is the year 2022.
it's common sense!!!
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:14 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:07 pm

it's common sense!!!
Obviously “common sense” isn’t so common but it exists. My other teammates’ dad was in fact stupid. We got into a shouting match when I was pitching in Babe Ruth league. I had 12 strikeouts in 6 innings after having 14 the game before. He strolls out of the dugout trying to get the game called because of darkness. He made the mistake of saying “you ain’t getting 14 strikeouts on me”…..I said “get your old @ss in the box and I will strike you out like I have been striking out your sorry @ss son”….. didn’t go over to well. We still laugh about it today. His son went on to play hoops at Niagara…he’s an @ss too….and not that smart. Never in any of my classes in high school because we were probably had tracking and didn’t know it.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

ggait wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:10 pm
Bull shirt disinfo like that should get you banned, RRR.

Unvaxed are 2X more likely to get infected. 20X more likely to die.

#facts

What exactly is wrong with you?
But, you don't care about the unvaccinated, and wish that they would die , yes? they are the problem? You're a lawyer, write? without it's lawsuit immunity, you really think pfizer's FDA application would hold up against fraud charges. The EAU one? really ? Where are you getting your 20x more likely to die information from?

Return to “POLITICS”