The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Essexfenwick

Re: 2024

Post by Essexfenwick »

Vance is assassination insurance.

Deep state in a box
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:53 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:35 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:54 pm Here was my advice to Trump to tone it down. He says he's rewriting his RNC speech.
old salt wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 11:02 pm I imagine Trump's campaign advisors are trying to convince him of the tactical advantage to now taking the high road.
...but can Trump pivot & resist the urge to attack & continue to make it personal ?
:lol: You're not giving any advice here, nice try. You're simply asking "can" Trump tone it down. Not one word that he SHOULD turn it down.

What you THINK you said was: "politicians are getting shot....both sides need to tone it down".

What you ACTUALLY said was "Republicans are getting shot......Biden and the Dems need to tone it down".

If you meant the former, great. Here's your chance to clarify....

More specious rhetoric from someone with no credibility.
:lol: ...can't you dummies read ? I said it would be a tactical advantage for Trump to take the high road.

More specious restatements of your misrepresentations.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

In today's news Trump is trying to split the abortion baby. The republiCONs passed the Trump platform with the unchanged abortion provision, "I will leave it to the states, because that makes everybody happy, and everybody thought that was a great thing." This sh*ts on his hardcore Christian base who want a national abortion ban (and women dying). It does not give solace to old school republicans and will not impress the 70+% majority in the US.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:04 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:54 pm Here was my advice to Trump to tone it down. He says he's rewriting his RNC speech.
old salt wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 11:02 pm I imagine Trump's campaign advisors are trying to convince him of the tactical advantage to now taking the high road.
...but can Trump pivot & resist the urge to attack & continue to make it personal ?
:lol: You're not giving any advice here, nice try. You're simply asking "can" Trump tone it down. Not one word that he SHOULD turn it down.

What you THINK you said was: "politicians are getting shot....both sides need to tone it down".

What you ACTUALLY said was "Republicans are getting shot......Biden and the Dems need to tone it down".

:lol: ...can't you dummies read ? I said it would be a tactical advantage for Trump to take the high road.

What are you, a mob boss? Trying to be as vague as possible while ordering a hit? In what world is your restated "it would be....." telling Trump to do anything, and to do the moral thing? You're talking campaign tactics now, not morality. What the heck.

And what part of "if you meant the former, great. Here's your chance to clarify.... don't you get?

And naturally, you refuse to do that, too. But not before yelling at us for not being able to read your mind.

Dude: either tell us what you mean, or stop complaining about misrepresentations.

We'll boil it down to terms you'll get:

Do you think both sides should immediately end even IMPLIED calls for violence, and to turn the temperature down for the rest of the campaign.

Yes ( )

No ( )

Check one box. Then we can move the F on from your intentional and boring gaslighting where you refuse to be clear.....intentionally. And then clutch pearls at the outcome. It gets REAL tiring trying to be kind, and to post honestly with you when you play this game.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 3:38 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 3:33 pm
njbill wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 3:25 pm I think the Vance pick is good for Biden. He is the antithesis of a moderate. Another fire breathing hater like Trump. Plus, he is very thin on credentials. He wrote a best selling book. So what?
YUP!!
Man, mega-MAGA toadying really does work!
The tweet blaming the shooting incident on Biden is probably what put him over the top.

The puppies in North Dakota better be on the lookout today. Hell hath no fury like a Kristi Noem scorned.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:28 pm

What are you, a mob boss? Trying to be as vague as possible while ordering a hit? In what world is your restated "it would be....." telling Trump to do anything, and to do the moral thing? You're talking campaign tactics now, not morality. What the heck.

And what part of "if you meant the former, great. Here's your chance to clarify.... don't you get?

And naturally, you refuse to do that, too. But not before yelling at us for not being able to read your mind.

Dude: either tell us what you mean, or stop complaining about misrepresentations.

We'll boil it down to terms you'll get:

Do you think both sides should immediately end even IMPLIED calls for violence, and to turn the temperature down for the rest of the campaign.

Yes ( )

No ( )

Check one box. Then we can move the F on from your intentional and boring gaslighting where you refuse to be clear.....intentionally. And then clutch pearls at the outcome. It gets REAL tiring trying to be kind, and to post honestly with you when you play this game.
I'm not going to indulge you by playing your childish "Mother, may I ?" game.
It's plainly obvious what I said. If you wish to further distort or misrepresent it, knock yourself out.
old salt

Post by old salt »

njbill wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:32 pm
njbill wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 3:25 pm I think the Vance pick is good for Biden. He is the antithesis of a moderate. Another fire breathing hater like Trump. Plus, he is very thin on credentials. He wrote a best selling book. So what?
YUP!!
The tweet blaming the shooting incident on Biden is probably what put him over the top.

The puppies in North Dakota better be on the lookout today. Hell hath no fury like a Kristi Noem scorned.
Burgum = ND / Noem = SD / both probably Nazis though.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:33 pm I'm not going to indulge you by playing your childish "Mother, may I ?" game.
It's plainly obvious what I said. If you wish to further distort or misrepresent it, knock yourself out.
It ain't childish.

In polite society, when someone is upset that they're misrepresented, someone asks them to please clarify.

You refuse to do that...and then call me a child.

I'm done giving you the chance to clarify. If you don't like how I interpret your posts, don't bother complaining. I'm tired of being polite with you and your constant gaslighting, and refusal to use simple, clear language.

You don't like having your ideas challenged or discussed, and think that being intentionally vague fixes this imagined problem.
njbill

Post by njbill »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 3:46 pm
Come on counselor. It isn't exactly like Kamala Harris had excessive talent oozing out of her pores. FTR as the border Czarina did she ever find her way to the southern border? I know she wondered around aimlessly in South America for awhile perhaps looking for some dynamite rancho nuevos. :D
If you recall what I have written previously, you know I am no fan of Kamala’s. Two things though. One, she had better credentials in 2020 than Vance does now. Two, and more importantly, she now has four years of experience as vice president so in the experience department, she runs circles around book boy.

But much more significantly, he pushes the ticket to the right, not the center. He has virtually no experience in Washington. Do you think he can twist arms on the Hill?

Not saying he is in the Tina Fey look-alike category, but I think this pick will help the Biden/Harris ticket. Feel free to disagree with me. ;)
njbill

Post by njbill »

get it to x wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 3:34 pm
You're right about credentials. Except for the Marine Corps between HS and OSU his resume resembles Obama's.
Vance has been a senator for a year and a half. That’s it. Obama was in the Illinois state legislature for seven years or so. Plus, he was a senator longer than Vance.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:41 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:33 pm I'm not going to indulge you by playing your childish "Mother, may I ?" game.
It ain't childish.

In polite society, when someone is upset that they're misrepresented, someone asks them to please clarify.

I'm done giving you the chance to clarify. If you don't like how I interpret your posts, don't bother complaining. I'm tired of being polite with you and your constant gaslighting, and refusal to use simple, clear language.

You don't like having your ideas challenged or discussed, and think that being intentionally vague fixes this imagined problem.
Nope. Part of the passing off opinions as facts persona. Won’t be cowed.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

What is clearer is “Trump needs to tone it down”…..clown. Your statement doesn’t necessarily indicate that YOU believe its a tactical advantage, BTW. You are imagining what his team my think. Old Forked Tongue.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:41 pm
It ain't childish.

I'm not being vague. I'm just not going to play your stupid game. Get Real -- they're politicians trying to get elected to the most powerful position on earth. They're both going to do what they think gives them the best chance of winning, at any given time. Right now, it's in the best interests of both of them to tone it down. I don't need you to give me a chance to do anything. I don't care what you think. You are just a heckler & a disruptor of rational discourse.
njbill

Post by njbill »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:35 pm
njbill wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:32 pm
YUP!!

Burgum = ND / Noem = SD / both probably Nazis though.
Yup. Can’t keep those Dakotas straight. They should combine them anyway.

Hopefully the puppies in both North Dakota and South Dakota are safe today. Given that Kristi isn’t allowed to enter large portions of her own state, she might be tempted to drift north today.
ggait

Post by ggait »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:07 pm
ggait wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:00 pm
We'll find out in November who is right.

But literally NO ONE agrees with the 538 forecast. Including Nate Silver (who still owns and operates the old 538 model).

Silver's old 538 model gives Joe a 25% chance. The Economist's forecast also gives Joe a 25% chance.

The poll average in every core swing state has Joe losing currently. Cook Political Report recently moved AZ, GA and NV from toss up to lean GOP. NH and MN are trending into toss up status.

Joe has been behind in the national polling average every day for 9 months straight. -2.7% today; four years ago, Joe was up 8.6%. Since the GOP has an advantage in the electoral college, Joe has to win the national popular vote by 2.5% to win the EC.

Betting markets give Trump a 65% win probability and Joe 18%.

The only reason that 538 has Joe at a coin toss is that 538's model at this point weights the fundamentals more and deeply discounts the current polls. Seems pretty aggressive to me. But as time passes, even 538s model will start moving in Trump's direction if Joe does not poll better.

Seems to me that 538's fundamentals assumptions are pretty lame.

First, the economy is good. Lots of evidence that voters are not feeling good about Bidenomics, regardless of what the GDP and employment numbers are. Second, that incumbency is a big advantage. In today's crabby political environment, incumbency has recently been a hurter rather than a helper. Look at Trump 2020. Look at the Tories in the UK. Out with the bums!
... and the polls have been so good in recent years at predicting this far out. :roll:
. They correctly had Joe leading four years ago on this date.

The also had Hillary correctly leading at this point in 2016. She did win the popular vote as polls said. Lost a squeaker in the ec.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:52 pm I'm not being vague. I'm just not going to play your stupid game. Get Real -- they're politicians trying to get elected to the most powerful position on earth. They're both going to do what they think gives them the best chance of winning, at any given time. Right now, it's in the best interests of both of them to tone it down.
Exactly why I asked you to clarify.

You're not talking about morality AT ALL. The rest of us are.

But because you don't bother reading anyone else's posts, and are just here to lecture the rest of us...you didn't notice.

The rest of us here are talking about not having our country get ripped apart by violent rhetoric. You're giving Joe Biden (snicker) campaign advice. Please, by all means, let him know what to do.
old salt wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:52 pm I don't need you to give me a chance to do anything. I don't care what you think. You are just a heckler & a disruptor of rational discourse.
Great. Then quit whining about everything, you big baby.

I'm one of the most rational posters here, who isn't swayed by D's and R's like you are. You, on the other hand, are called out daily for gaslighting, and dishonest posting any time politics are involved. This is YOUR problem, not mine. I'm 1000% times kinder to you than any other poster here who disagrees with you.

You hate having your ideas challenged. You'd rather folks call you names than tell you that you ideas wrong, and explain why.

You HATE rational discourse.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:05 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:52 pm I'm not being vague. I'm just not going to play your stupid game. Get Real -- they're politicians trying to get elected to the most powerful position on earth. They're both going to do what they think gives them the best chance of winning, at any given time. Right now, it's in the best interests of both of them to tone it down.
Exactly why I asked you to clarify.

You're not talking about morality AT ALL. The rest of us are.

But because you don't bother reading anyone else's posts, and are just here to lecture the rest of us...you didn't notice.

The rest of us here are talking about not having our country get ripped apart by violent rhetoric. You're giving Joe Biden (snicker) campaign advice. Please, by all means, let him know what to do.
old salt wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:52 pm I don't need you to give me a chance to do anything. I don't care what you think. You are just a heckler & a disruptor of rational discourse.
Great. Then quit whining about everything, you big baby.

I'm one of the most rational posters here, who isn't swayed by D's and R's like you are. You, on the other hand, are called out daily for gaslighting, and dishonest posting any time politics are involved. This is YOUR problem, not mine. I'm 1000% times kinder to you than any other poster here who disagrees with you.

You hate having your ideas challenged. You'd rather folks call you names than tell you that you ideas wrong, and explain why.

You HATE rational discourse.
YOU began the exchange by quoting my post which addressed ONLY campaign tactics. I never mentioned MORALITY.

You attempted to drag me down a rabbit hole into a pointless argument about MORALITY, ...in a political campaign. :roll:

MORALITY ? That's rich, after what's been done to Trump & his supporters, since he first became a candidate.

Go read your Steele Dossier. You can get a first edition, autographed by HRC, with a prologue by the Crossfire Hurricane FBI Lovebirds.

Lecture us all about campaign Morality.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

WAPO report on the republiCONs effort to split the abortion baby and the gay's. Removed the platform plank on abortion ban and anti-LGBTQ position. The Christian right is not happy.
Trump advisers said they wanted to cut down the platform in part to limit opponents’ ability to use the language against them.
... which means "wink-wink-nod-nod" don't worry, you'll get your abortion ban and to hate LBGTQ folks if we win the election.

Yea, this will fool everybody. :lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:28 pm YOU began the exchange by quoting my post which addressed ONLY campaign tactics. I never mentioned MORALITY.

You attempted to drag me down a rabbit hole into a pointless argument about MORALITY, ...in a political campaign. :roll:
I'm not attempting to do doodly. We have one poster, and only one poster here who tells posters how to post...and that's YOU.

All I asked was for you to clarify what you meant. All I'm trying to do is be polite.....no other poster gives you this courtesy...yet you take this courtesy as a cue to give me unending grief. I don't get it.

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:52 pm MORALITY ? That's rich, after what's been done to Trump & his supporters, since he first became a candidate.
So don't join in the discussion! Why are you whining about this?

For a guy who keeps whining...incorrectly, I might add.....about "censorship", you sure do spend a lot of time telling us what we can and can't post.
old salt wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:52 pm Go read your Steele Dossier. You can get a first edition, autographed by HRC, with a prologue by the Crossfire Hurricane FBI Lovebirds.
Yes, yes. We know. You think that the biggest injustice the world has ever seen isn't poverty, or hunger, or homeless vets....

...it's the FBI keeping Manafort from the White House. We get it. No need for even more whining about this.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 6:01 pm WAPO report on the republiCONs effort to split the abortion baby and the gay's. Removed the platform plank on abortion ban and anti-LGBTQ position. The Christian right is not happy.
Trump advisers said they wanted to cut down the platform in part to limit opponents’ ability to use the language against them.
... which means "wink-wink-nod-nod" don't worry, you'll get your abortion ban and to hate LBGTQ folks if we win the election.

Yea, this will fool everybody. :lol: :lol:
Yeah, there's a few "witness marks" where those planks were...
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."

Return to “POLITICS”