All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

jhu72

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:09 pm https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/ ... ed-to-know

909,000 dead and counting. We are going to break 1,000,000
... probably time to break out the ivermectin. ;)
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Buy that man a couple of pitchers of beer!

:lol:
“I wish you would!”
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:58 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:09 pm https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/ ... ed-to-know

From the link:
New studies show that natural immunity to the coronavirus weakens (wanes) over time, and does so faster than immunity provided by COVID-19 vaccination.
Get the vaccine...
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Anecdote: Have four tickets to the next ga swarm and daughter and wife aren’t going to go to this partly because they are all 7-7:30pm starts and partly because she can’t stare at her tablet (even if on a Friday difficult when it’s 25mi out of town so full game means getting home at 10 or later). So offered my 3rd grade son to invite a friend and
Dad. First one doesn’t know lacrosse but mom doesn’t want him at any indoor events. Presumably they’re shot up if this is the case as ours are and we’re clearly a little looser.

I’m not one to get into other people’s child raising and they seem like good folks, talked to the dad a bit over Halloween (they’d lived in NYC then India for a few years before coming here) but it does have me wondering what the plan is. Would it be considered overprotective to have a zero instance rate before letting a kid go to any indoor event through their entire elementary years? Not that this is their policy but just a more interesting debate that some of the back and forth here. We’ve gotten our kids the shots in Nov (maybe even Oct don’t recall now). Mask up though not for the entire game, there’s typically maybe 2-3k in attendance in a 5,000ish capacity Arena so some areas are filled in others are more spread out.

Just had me wondering so figured I’d let this fly here even if the vast majority on these boards are well past the point of dealing with this consideration.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Typical Lax Dad

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:10 am

From the link:
New studies show that natural immunity to the coronavirus weakens (wanes) over time, and does so faster than immunity provided by COVID-19 vaccination.
Get the vaccine...
Obviously that can’t true. Just part of the global conspiracy.
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

From the link:
Get the vaccine...
Aside from the fact that "natural immunity" doesn't exist, never did. Which V-19 vaccine, specifically, lasts longer than this mythical "natural" thing?

It's called a flu SHOT...not vaccine, for a reason.

Does Hopkins BILLIONS in investments include any Pharma stock? exactly

keep on pushing TrumpU's fake vaccine. Hope it all works out for the kiddies in the next decade, or so. Puberty can be a batch. Remember, no women are having issues with their menstraul cycles. An army of one, if your "anectodeal " truthisms are even listened too.

Stay strong. The J and J vaccine is better than natural immunity. So is moderna.......yes sir. Trust these people. They care about YOU as much as the owner of a coal mine, or RailRoad does. Choo Chooo.

Something about "giving it all away".......yet the pledgers keep on getting richer and richer. Ah, who cares. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
tech37

Post by tech37 »

From the link:
Get the vaccine...
Seriously, who are you talking to at this point? You're yelling at folks who aren't listening. You're obviously smart enough to realize this.

Is it some self-serving wish to continue to show moral superiority and/or a wish to support govt power?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Self-awareness is how an individual consciously knows and understands their own character, feelings, motives, and desires. There are two broad categories of self-awareness: internal self-awareness and external self-awareness.[4]
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:39 am

From the link:
Get the vaccine...
Seriously, who are you talking to at this point? You're yelling at folks who aren't listening. You're obviously smart enough to realize this.

Is it some self-serving wish to continue to show moral superiority and/or a wish to support govt power?
Why are you engaging?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Wow, the majority of Covid deaths under Biden.

I thought we hired the guy who said he’d ‘end this’. That “anyone who is responsible for that many deaths should not remain as President of the United States of America.” At the time the U.S. had recorded 220,000 Covid deaths.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bidens-cov ... 1637708781

Should Biden step down today? By his standards, I think the answer is pretty clear!

Time for President Pelosi, I guess, :lol: :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:29 am Anecdote: Have four tickets to the next ga swarm and daughter and wife aren’t going to go to this partly because they are all 7-7:30pm starts and partly because she can’t stare at her tablet (even if on a Friday difficult when it’s 25mi out of town so full game means getting home at 10 or later). So offered my 3rd grade son to invite a friend and
Dad. First one doesn’t know lacrosse but mom doesn’t want him at any indoor events. Presumably they’re shot up if this is the case as ours are and we’re clearly a little looser.

I’m not one to get into other people’s child raising and they seem like good folks, talked to the dad a bit over Halloween (they’d lived in NYC then India for a few years before coming here) but it does have me wondering what the plan is. Would it be considered overprotective to have a zero instance rate before letting a kid go to any indoor event through their entire elementary years? Not that this is their policy but just a more interesting debate that some of the back and forth here. We’ve gotten our kids the shots in Nov (maybe even Oct don’t recall now). Mask up though not for the entire game, there’s typically maybe 2-3k in attendance in a 5,000ish capacity Arena so some areas are filled in others are more spread out.

Just had me wondering so figured I’d let this fly here even if the vast majority on these boards are well past the point of dealing with this consideration.
Sounds overly protective, but if kid isn't vaccinated they may have something to worry about (still hmmm...on other hand does kid have other immunity issues) but the concern could well be others in the household or orbit with greater risk profile.

I can understand folks committing themselves to a course with whatever threshold they want to set, then sticking to it.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:04 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:16 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:36 am Meanwhile, the unvaccinated have clogged the healthcare system, with all sorts of costs to all of the rest of us.
What are your thoughts on people who clog the healthcare system for other reasons--like poor nutrition or lack of exercise, for example?
I have quite a lot of thoughts on the topic and have written at length about them on these threads.

Yes, over 50% of all healthcare costs in the US are due to preventable or mitigable chronic diseases related to obesity, with over 66% of Americans overweight or obese to a point at which it impacts health risks.

I think we should pay far more attention to our public health costs and the policies that "feed" this problem.

Gotta go to a meeting, but happy to discuss further.
Yes, we're victims of the USDA's old food pyramid. Too many carbs and sugars. We are addicted to the sugar rush and because so few people can make meaningful changes to their lifestyle we are passing it on to our kids at an age where they will have to go through their own withdrawal symptoms. I just had an ultrasound of my abdominal aorta this morning (routine) and I apologized for having to scan through the fat. I am 6'2" and 220 lbs. The tech said their average patient is 350 lbs. :o :shock:
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:14 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:29 am Anecdote: Have four tickets to the next ga swarm and daughter and wife aren’t going to go to this partly because they are all 7-7:30pm starts and partly because she can’t stare at her tablet (even if on a Friday difficult when it’s 25mi out of town so full game means getting home at 10 or later). So offered my 3rd grade son to invite a friend and

Sounds overly protective, but if kid isn't vaccinated they may have something to worry about (still hmmm...on other hand does kid have other immunity issues) but the concern could well be others in the household or orbit with greater risk profile.

I can understand folks committing themselves to a course with whatever threshold they want to set, then sticking to it.
I think it’s the former in this case and it’s their kid and I like the dad, think the mom is pretty conservative in this regard-type of person who’d look at me sideways when I say things along the line of “if my kid doesn’t get hurt playing on monkey bars or exploiting I’m probably not doing my job” which they tend to take super literally and miss my point completely. Not understanding that psychological resilience is learned through experience.

Respectfully, if you’re taking the position that it’s too conservative on this topic just based on my observations of how serious you take this pandemic threat/risk it emboldens/reinforces my view that I’m not being reckless with them.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:22 am

From the link:
Get the vaccine...
Aside from the fact that "natural immunity" doesn't exist, never did. Which V-19 vaccine, specifically, lasts longer than this mythical "natural" thing?

keep on pushing TrumpU's fake vaccine. Hope it all works out for the kiddies in the next decade, or so. Puberty can be a batch. Remember, no women are having issues with their menstraul cycles. An army of one, if your "anectodeal " truthisms are even listened too.

Stay strong. The J and J vaccine is better than natural immunity. So is moderna.......yes sir. Trust these people. They care about YOU as much as the owner of a coal mine, or RailRoad does. Choo Chooo.

Something about "giving it all away".......yet the pledgers keep on getting richer and richer. Ah, who cares. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
from Hopkins Patient Communication Article above:
Natural immunity is the antibody protection your body creates against a germ once you’ve been infected with it. Natural immunity varies according to the person and the germ. For example, people who have had the measles are not likely to get it again, but this is not the case for every disease. A mild case of an illness may not result in strong natural immunity. New studies show that natural immunity to the coronavirus weakens (wanes) over time, and does so faster than immunity provided by COVID-19 vaccination.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

get it to x wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:47 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:04 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:16 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:36 am Meanwhile, the unvaccinated have clogged the healthcare system, with all sorts of costs to all of the rest of us.
What are your thoughts on people who clog the healthcare system for other reasons--like poor nutrition or lack of exercise, for example?
I have quite a lot of thoughts on the topic and have written at length about them on these threads.

Yes, over 50% of all healthcare costs in the US are due to preventable or mitigable chronic diseases related to obesity, with over 66% of Americans overweight or obese to a point at which it impacts health risks.

I think we should pay far more attention to our public health costs and the policies that "feed" this problem.

Gotta go to a meeting, but happy to discuss further.
Yes, we're victims of the USDA's old food pyramid. Too many carbs and sugars. We are addicted to the sugar rush and because so few people can make meaningful changes to their lifestyle we are passing it on to our kids at an age where they will have to go through their own withdrawal symptoms. I just had an ultrasound of my abdominal aorta this morning (routine) and I apologized for having to scan through the fat. I am 6'2" and 220 lbs. The tech said their average patient is 350 lbs. :o :shock:
Better than me. I’m 6 flat and while cleaning myself up last summer/fall got down to 193 but with the holidays I just clocked in at 207.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

FDA may expand Pfizer vaccine usage for children 6 months to 5 years by the end of February.
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:12 am

From the link:
Get the vaccine...

Natural immunity is the antibody protection your body creates against a germ once you’ve been infected with it. Natural immunity varies according to the person and the germ. For example, people who have had the measles are not likely to get it again, but this is not the case for every disease. A mild case of an illness may not result in strong natural immunity. New studies show that natural immunity to the coronavirus weakens (wanes) over time, and does so faster than immunity provided by COVID-19 vaccination.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... t-20048000

Flu shot: Your best bet for avoiding influenza
Getting a flu shot will often protect you from coming down with the flu. And although the flu shot doesn't always provide total protection, it's worth getting.

By Mayo Clinic Staff
This year's annual flu shot will offer protection against four of the influenza viruses expected to be in circulation this flu season. High-dose flu vaccines will be available for adults age 65 and older, but these may not be available at all medical centers.

Influenza is a respiratory infection that can cause serious complications, particularly in young children, older adults and people with certain medical conditions. Getting an influenza vaccine — though not 100% effective — is the best way to prevent the misery of the flu and its complications. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends annual flu vaccination for everyone age 6 months or older.
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:12 am

From the link:
Get the vaccine...

What is this response about? We both got covid. One unshot, the other, shot. (assuming you got one of the mRNA ones ? )

Since both our methods produced the same results, you STILL want me to take TrumpU's fake "vaccine" ?

Man, it has been factually proven that some big pharma companies are naughty. Criminals. Historic levels, in fact. Same as the orange man, right ? Only the former , is to be trusted ? with a fraudulent claim that it is 95% effective against STOPPING the one from getting covid, at all.

Turns out to be un-true. But, trust criminals. Classy drug dealers.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"

Return to “POLITICS”