The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: 2024

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:01 pm There you go again, reading my mind. I said nothing that implied that the shooting was Biden's fault.
This event is forcing him to change his campaign strategy.
The basis of his campaign has been to vilify Trump. Talking head Dem strategists have validated this. Do you disagree with that ?
Yeah, you have. You're just too blind to see it.

The basis of Trump's campaign has also been to vilify Biden.

So if you don't believe the shooting was Biden's fault, where's your post telling us that Trump has to change his campaign strategy, too?

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:01 pm If Biden continues to vilify Trump, it will play right into the hands of his (R) accusers.
Have you heard the news reports that his campaign has pulled down their TV adds. Why are they doing that now ?
Because the Dems actually care, and don't want anyone to get shot, and want to turn the temperature down.

You're acting like this is a bad thing, naturally.

Of course, it's telling that there are ZERO calls from you or your party to tone things down on your side....including you, yourself.
Last edited by a fan on Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:33 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:01 pm There you go again, reading my mind. I said nothing that implied that the shooting was Biden's fault.
The basis of his campaign has been to vilify Trump. Talking head Dem strategists have validated this. Do you disagree with that ?

So if you don't believe the shooting was Biden's fault, where's your post telling us that Trump has to change his campaign strategy, too?
youthathletics wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:44 am If Biden continues to vilify Trump, it will play right into the hands of his (R) accusers.
Have you heard the news reports that his campaign has pulled down their TV adds. Why are they doing that now ?
Because the Dems actually care, and don't want anyone to get shot, and want to turn the temperature down.

Of course, it's telling that there are ZERO calls from you or your party to tone things down on your side....including you, yourself.
So what ? They're both vilifying each other, Trump was shot. Biden was not shot.
Here is why I'm telling you that Biden has to change his campaign strategy.

https://www.newsweek.com/biden-hammer-t ... ed-1924944
Biden's Strategy of Hammering Trump Upended by Assassination Attempt
President Joe Biden has had to backpedal on his campaign strategy targeting Donald Trump as a criminal and a threat to democracy...
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:44 am If Biden continues to vilify Trump, it will play right into the hands of his (R) accusers.

YA, your density is on serious overdrive here. Maybe take a walk or something.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:37 pm

So what ? They're both vilifying each other, Trump was shot. Biden was not shot.

You agree that they're both vilifying each other....but only one has to change.

:lol: If Biden was shot......are you telling me that you don't understand that Biden would tone down the rhetoric in his campaign?
a fan

Post by a fan »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:40 pm

YA, your density is on serious overdrive here. Maybe take a walk or something.
That's my fault....that's OS. I made a mistake in attribution.

Apologies to both OS and YA.....I fixed it.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Orange Moron to announce the VP pick today.

JD Vance: https://twitter.com/acnewsitics/status/ ... 58/photo/1

I'm going with Vivek or Little Marco.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:40 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:37 pm

You agree that they're both vilifying each other....but only one has to change.

:lol: If Biden was shot......are you telling me that you don't understand that Biden would tone down the rhetoric in his campaign?
Here was my advice to Trump to tone it down. He says he's rewriting his RNC speech.
old salt wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 11:02 pm I imagine Trump's campaign advisors are trying to convince him of the tactical advantage to now taking the high road.
...but can Trump pivot & resist the urge to attack & continue to make it personal ?
ggait

Post by ggait »

We'll find out in November who is right.

But literally NO ONE agrees with the 538 forecast. Including Nate Silver (who still owns and operates the old 538 model).

Silver's old 538 model gives Joe a 25% chance. The Economist's forecast also gives Joe a 25% chance.

The poll average in every core swing state has Joe losing currently. Cook Political Report recently moved AZ, GA and NV from toss up to lean GOP. NH and MN are trending into toss up status.

Joe has been behind in the national polling average every day for 9 months straight. -2.7% today; four years ago, Joe was up 8.6%. Since the GOP has an advantage in the electoral college, Joe has to win the national popular vote by 2.5% to win the EC.

Betting markets give Trump a 65% win probability and Joe 18%.

The only reason that 538 has Joe at a coin toss is that 538's model at this point weights the fundamentals more and deeply discounts the current polls. Seems pretty aggressive to me. But as time passes, even 538s model will start moving in Trump's direction if Joe does not poll better.

Seems to me that 538's fundamentals assumptions are pretty lame.

First, the economy is good. Lots of evidence that voters are not feeling good about Bidenomics, regardless of what the GDP and employment numbers are. Second, that incumbency is a big advantage. In today's crabby political environment, incumbency has recently been a hurter rather than a helper. Look at Trump 2020. Look at the Tories in the UK. Out with the bums!
Last edited by ggait on Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:49 pm Orange Moron to announce the VP pick today.

... any of those is a big mistake.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ggait wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:00 pm
We'll find out in November who is right.

But literally NO ONE agrees with the 538 forecast. Including Nate Silver (who still owns and operates the old 538 model).

Silver's old 538 model gives Joe a 25% chance. The Economist's forecast also gives Joe a 25% chance.

The poll average in every core swing state has Joe losing currently. Cook Political Report recently moved AZ, GA and NV from toss up to lean GOP. NH and MN are trending into toss up status.

Joe has been behind in the national polling average every day for 9 months straight. -2.7% today; four years ago, Joe was up 8.6%. Since the GOP has an advantage in the electoral college, Joe has to win the national popular vote by 2.5% to win the EC.

Betting markets give Trump a 65% win probability and Joe 18%.

The only reason that 538 has Joe at a coin toss is that 538's model at this point weights the fundamentals more and deeply discounts the current polls. Seems pretty aggressive to me. But as time passes, even 538s model will start moving in Trump's direction if Joe does not poll better.

Seems to me that 538's fundamentals assumptions are pretty lame.

First, the economy is good. Lots of evidence that voters are not feeling good about Bidenomics, regardless of what the GDP and employment numbers are. Second, that incumbency is a big advantage. In today's crabby political environment, incumbency has recently been a hurter rather than a helper. Look at Trump 2020. Look at the Tories in the UK. Out with the bums!
... and the polls have been so good in recent years at predicting this far out. :roll:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:03 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:49 pm Orange Moron to announce the VP pick today.

He won't go with Vance; too much anti-Orange media baggage. He won't go with Haley or Scott; doesn't think he needs them and is likely not comfortable with them in any case. Vivek and Marco are toadies who, he thinks, give him something. If only Essexfenwick would throw his tinfoil into the ring, no?
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:54 pm Here was my advice to Trump to tone it down. He says he's rewriting his RNC speech.
old salt wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 11:02 pm I imagine Trump's campaign advisors are trying to convince him of the tactical advantage to now taking the high road.
...but can Trump pivot & resist the urge to attack & continue to make it personal ?
:lol: You're not giving any advice here, nice try. You're simply asking "can" Trump tone it down. Not one word that he SHOULD turn it down.

What you THINK you said was: "politicians are getting shot....both sides need to tone it down".

What you ACTUALLY said was "Republicans are getting shot......Biden and the Dems need to tone it down".

If you meant the former, great. Here's your chance to clarify....
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:35 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:54 pm Here was my advice to Trump to tone it down. He says he's rewriting his RNC speech.
:lol: You're not giving any advice here, nice try. You're simply asking "can" Trump tone it down. Not one word that he SHOULD turn it down.

What you THINK you said was: "politicians are getting shot....both sides need to tone it down".

What you ACTUALLY said was "Republicans are getting shot......Biden and the Dems need to tone it down".

If you meant the former, great. Here's your chance to clarify....
More specious rhetoric from someone with no credibility.
“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

I think the Vance pick is good for Biden. He is the antithesis of a moderate. Another fire breathing hater like Trump. Plus, he is very thin on credentials. He wrote a best selling book. So what?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:26 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:03 pm

He won't go with Vance; too much anti-Orange media baggage. He won't go with Haley or Scott; doesn't think he needs them and is likely not comfortable with them in any case. Vivek and Marco are toadies who, he thinks, give him something. If only Essexfenwick would throw his tinfoil into the ring, no?
... he went with Vance. A true culture warrior that will carry water and talk sh*t about anyone that gets under Orange Duce's skin. Yea, Trump has changed bigtime because he almost ran into a bullet. Vance was my hopped for VP. This is same old, same old. Good choice Donny.

I was concerned he might actually pick Halley due to his death bed conversion. Silly me. :lol:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

njbill wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 3:25 pm I think the Vance pick is good for Biden. He is the antithesis of a moderate. Another fire breathing hater like Trump. Plus, he is very thin on credentials. He wrote a best selling book. So what?
YUP!!
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

njbill wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 3:25 pm I think the Vance pick is good for Biden. He is the antithesis of a moderate. Another fire breathing hater like Trump. Plus, he is very thin on credentials. He wrote a best selling book. So what?
You're right about credentials. Except for the Marine Corps between HS and OSU his resume resembles Obama's.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 3:33 pm
YUP!!
Man, mega-MAGA toadying really does work!
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Come on counselor. It isn't exactly like Kamala Harris had excessive talent oozing out of her pores. FTR as the border Czarina did she ever find her way to the southern border? I know she wondered around aimlessly in South America for awhile perhaps looking for some dynamite rancho nuevos. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”