All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

a fan

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:42 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:23 pm
Bart wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:46 pm I wouldn’t mind it. Fauci should really stop at this point. He may have good things to say but is politically divisive at this point it is useless having him out there.
I agree. He's certainly not helping. But the thing is? A new voice won't change any views or move the ball forward, imho.
What's this?

You break balls re anything Fauci and now you "agree"? Amazing.
:lol: No. He could have retired, and I wouldn't have given it a second thought. You're not paying attention to why others are giving you grief.

You're not simply complaining about Fauci. If that's all you were doing? Great. Everyone has an opinion. Knock yourself out.

I can list things I'd prefer that he and Trump/Biden didn't do until the cows come home. So what? SOMEONE has to make these calls.

I'm glad it ain't me.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:05 pm few must be eliminating it here and there.
as far as the "others", i'm not sure who you are alluding to.

you don't want to admit on their policy. i get it. stockton's a caveman.
Stockton is simple minded. He is a practitioner of holistic medicine until he needs antibiotics. He can stay at home. I have no problem with Gonzaga’s policy…but I don’t complain about much.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:40 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:05 pm few must be eliminating it here and there.

Stockton is simple minded. He is a practitioner of holistic medicine until he needs antibiotics. He can stay at home. I have no problem with Gonzaga’s policy…but I don’t complain about much.
to me, it boils down to whether we're more concerned with headlines or effective policy. this story isn't different in many respects than many others.

gonzaga doesn't have a policy.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:07 pm

to me, it boils down to whether we're more concerned with headlines or effective policy. this story isn't different in many respects than many others.

Gonzaga is more interested in headlines? Our local school is more interested in not alienating the paying customers.

https://www.gonzaga.edu/zagon
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:35 pm

Gonzaga is more interested in headlines? Our local school is more interested in not alienating the paying customers.

yes. i already posted that link. if you are not enforcing it...

like at all... (save for a high profile here or there)... then it's not a policy.

i'm welcome to the argument that it's a real policy when there is next to zero enforcement in plain sight. and it can be argued really actively encouraged to be "breaking the rules" given everything.

they're #1 and on teevee, after all.

have at it. it's on a website. and they got stockton.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:49 pm

like at all... (save for a high profile here or there)... then it's not a policy.

i'm welcome to the argument that it's a real policy when there is next to zero enforcement in plain sight. and it can be argued really actively encouraged to be "breaking the rules" given everything.

Seems like they enforced it. John’s tickets were suspended. I am not on the campus everyday…when were you last there?
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:58 pm

Seems like they enforced it. John’s tickets were suspended. I am not on the campus everyday…when were you last there?
ok, sounds like we're done. you win. their selective enforcement and invitation is fighting the good fight. that's always worked.

good talk!
a fan

Post by a fan »

Wait-----so the rest of the fans can go maskless at games? Do I have that right?
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:06 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:58 pm

ok, sounds like we're done. you win. their selective enforcement and invitation is fighting the good fight. that's always worked.

good talk!
No. It’s that I don’t care how a school goes about enforcing not enforcing its policies. Maybe the policy is selective enforcement? All I know is the guy was asked to put on a mask more than once and he refused. They have the right to tell him to take his ball and go home….. “but Charlie doesn’t have to put on a mask” never got much traction with me.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:09 pm

Wait-----so the rest of the fans can go maskless at games? Do I have that right?
dunno. i've only seen dozens of pictures and watched multiple games. but i haven't been on campus.
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:26 pm

dunno. i've only seen dozens of pictures and watched multiple games. but i haven't been on campus.
I only see masked faces in the stands. Still can't find if this is a stadium policy, or not.

Can't imagine that they'd allow maskless fans.....and just arbitrarily stick it to Stockton.

Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:46 pm

I only see masked faces in the stands. Still can't find if this is a stadium policy, or not.

Can't imagine that they'd allow maskless fans.....and just arbitrarily stick it to Stockton.

Those are obviously props. The administration just doesn't like Stockton. The play by play guys aren't wearing masks, so nobody needs to.
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Stockton is simple minded. He is a practitioner of holistic medicine until he needs antibiotics. He can stay at home. I have no problem with Gonzaga’s policy…but I don’t complainhe about much.
He was an exceptional athlete. Several deviations out. Now, what are the odds he’s anything other than an average intellect?
Last edited by PizzaSnake on Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:46 pm

sorry, i was needed at home and on another board for the nfl games.

in nov and 1st parts of december, looks like compliance was about 10-20%. later december creeped up to 50%.
january looks like as high as 80-90%, and as low as 60% in some stills.

the order for the state of washington was enacted in august. so 1st semester for gonzaga. few was exempted for the state law, fwiw.

this really isn't as big a deal as tld and i are making it out to be. stockton is higher profile, and he did take part in an anti-vaxx vid, after all.

page county in virginia might not be the only spot supplying fireworks this week. youngkin's executive order kicks in tomorrow. some counties are dropping the mandate, others are not. courts are next. some kids are going to be put in isolation. hopefully, cooler heads prevail.
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:34 pm this really isn't as big a deal as tld and i are making it out to be. stockton is higher profile, and he did take part in an anti-vaxx vid, after all.
Sorry, I shouldn't have stepped in....I was just confused by what the fuss was about. And I actually followed basketball in the late 80's, and liked watching Stockton play, so.....

.....I caught one full quarter of NFL ball this year. Boy, was I happy it was todays Bills game. Wow!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Kismet wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:08 pm
Bart wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:46 pm I wouldn’t mind it. Fauci should really stop at this point. He may have good things to say but is politically divisive at this point it is useless having him out there.
I agree. He's certainly not helping. But the thing is? A new voice won't change any views or move the ball forward, imho.
I agree Tony Fauci should just stop talking already.
Gottleib has already led the FDA and is currently on the board of both Pfizer and Illumina. He is also partner in a private equity venture capital group called New Enterprise Associates and is also a resident Fellow at American Enterprise Institute.

Besides taking a huge pay cut, I doubt he relishes going back into government service at this point. In addition, he 's a Republican (Trump appointee if you can believe it).

That said, he is a very good on TV especially CBS answering specific questions directed to whom rather than pontificating as Fauci and Wallensky tend to do sometimes.

Graham Nash calls out RFK Jr for illegal use of his copyrighted song at DC rally today - apparently not the only songwriter he copied illegally

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... o-1289244/

The CSNY legend took to Instagram Saturday to inform fans that RFK Jr.’s use of the 1971 song — also known as “We Can Change the World” — was “not authorized” and that Nash has begun “taking steps to cause the cessation of its use.” Nash’s manager Mark Spector told Rolling Stone Saturday, “A cease-and-desist letter is in the works.”

“I do not support his anti-vaccination position as the history of the efficacy of the Covid19 vaccines is well documented,” Nash added. “When I wrote ‘We Can Change the World’ I did not expect that an institution such as this one that claims that it fights for individuals’ freedoms would so readily and recklessly infringe upon and, by its association with its cause, mischaracterize the intellectual property rights of a songwriter for its own purposes.”
... he is republican but not Trumpnista. I doubt it, but he might help convince the mouth breathers to get on board the vaccination bus.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Fauci did interview this AM with Morning Joe and said he is not going to resign, he will be there at the end.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
ggait

Post by ggait »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:03 am
tech37 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:01 am Interesting stats from the "UK nurse trainer :roll: " ... post FOIA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UHvwWWcjYw
This Ethical Skeptic guy was all over this in 2020....of course the "smartest guys in the room" discounted every word of it:

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=1687&p=172350&hili ... ic#p172350

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=1687&p=172430&hili ... ic#p172430
YA -- thanks for the Covid throwback to the days of the Ethical Skeptic and his preposterous concept of "legacy death laundering."

Complete horse shirt then and today.

Yeah -- all those excess mortality deaths aren't due to Covid. Just a quirky thing that, since Covid broke out, many thousand/millions more people are dying. But not from Covid.

What a crazy coincidence that (once Covid started) all those people decided to get fat, start smoking, get more cancer and diabetes, start sky diving, ride motorcycles without helmets, and start driving their cars like maniacs. That's why/where all the deaths are coming from. Not from Covid.

:roll:
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:31 am
Kismet wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:08 pm
I agree Tony Fauci should just stop talking already.
Gottleib has already led the FDA and is currently on the board of both Pfizer and Illumina. He is also partner in a private equity venture capital group called New Enterprise Associates and is also a resident Fellow at American Enterprise Institute.

Besides taking a huge pay cut, I doubt he relishes going back into government service at this point. In addition, he 's a Republican (Trump appointee if you can believe it).

That said, he is a very good on TV especially CBS answering specific questions directed to whom rather than pontificating as Fauci and Wallensky tend to do sometimes.

Graham Nash calls out RFK Jr for illegal use of his copyrighted song at DC rally today - apparently not the only songwriter he copied illegally

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... o-1289244/

The CSNY legend took to Instagram Saturday to inform fans that RFK Jr.’s use of the 1971 song — also known as “We Can Change the World” — was “not authorized” and that Nash has begun “taking steps to cause the cessation of its use.” Nash’s manager Mark Spector told Rolling Stone Saturday, “A cease-and-desist letter is in the works.”

“I do not support his anti-vaccination position as the history of the efficacy of the Covid19 vaccines is well documented,” Nash added. “When I wrote ‘We Can Change the World’ I did not expect that an institution such as this one that claims that it fights for individuals’ freedoms would so readily and recklessly infringe upon and, by its association with its cause, mischaracterize the intellectual property rights of a songwriter for its own purposes.”
... he is republican but not Trumpnista. I doubt it, but he might help convince the mouth breathers to get on board the vaccination bus.
I don't think anyone is going to move them at this point, other than seeing friends and family or church leaders or whoever suffering and dying. Up close and personal. Certainly not some shiny MD type who is on the BD of Pfizer...doesn't matter to those really dug in that he's a Republican and was once hired by Trump.

I think Gottleib on TV has the most impact he's going to have. He's indeed good.
Typical Lax Dad

There is a chance this guy may not be around in a few weeks….let’s wait and see….
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”