Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by Peter Brown »

Hmmm, this from Vernon Jones:

The way the Democrat Party has treated me this past week has made one thing clear: they are the bigots they claim to hate and I won’t be silent about it.

https://twitter.com/RepVernonJones/stat ... 57377?s=20

No surprise from anyone paying attention; The Democratic Party doesn't brook dissent on a whole host of issues. Go Vernon!!!!!!
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:59 pm And Bill Cosby, Jesse Jackson and OJ Simpson were the beacons of proof for every upper and middle class white guilt stricken person that they weren’t racist and in fact liked black people for two decades....
My cousins hung out with OJ during his pre murderer days. They had never met him before, but OJ is a stooge...they saw him on Laguna Beach with some lovelies and they pretended they had met before. OJ being OJ couldn’t admit he didn’t know someone so that hung out and had dinner and drinks on OJ....what a goof. My cousin was an NFL agent so he knew the right names to drop. My favorite OJ Simpson quote.... “ I am not black, I’m OJ” :lol: :lol: What a murdering tool.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:59 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:49 pm About 1:58 in. I’m paid, I’m paid. Kiss the ring b....

[youtube]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FRZN7IzvCVs

[/youtube]
Probably one of my favorite sketches!! “This is my real voice”....every time I watch it, I can’t stop laughing!!
Along the same lines in honor of the NFL draft that starts tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gODZzSOelss
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I’m not even going to post the link but you look up a video from Jay Zs most recent album 4:44 titled “Story of OJ”. Song is excellent but goes even better w the video including old horrifying footage that actually exists of cartoons in our country.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:57 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:59 pm And Bill Cosby, Jesse Jackson and OJ Simpson were the beacons of proof for every upper and middle class white guilt stricken person that they weren’t racist and in fact liked black people for two decades....
My cousins hung out with OJ during his pre murderer days. They had never met him before, but OJ is a stooge...they saw him on Laguna Beach with some lovelies and they pretended they had met before. OJ being OJ couldn’t admit he didn’t know someone so that hung out and had dinner and drinks on OJ....what a goof. My cousin was an NFL agent so he knew the right names to drop. My favorite OJ Simpson quote.... “ I am not black, I’m OJ” :lol: :lol: What a murdering tool.
I have to admit as a huge OJ fan his murder case broke my heart. When I was in California in 1976 when I graduated hs I saw him once. My cousin worked at the studio, i believe Warner Brothers. It was July and there was not alot of filming going on. The one show that was shooting was a movie with OJ and Elizabeth Montgomery. OJ walked past me and he looked at me and smiled and nodded his head. I could not have spoken if I had wanted to. I have been a Buffalo Bills fan my entire life. OJ was the Bills back in the 70s. He was the juice for a reason. There is that line from the Rick Nelson song garden party... if memories are all I have, I'd rather drive a truck. OJ did give us Bills fans alot of memories back in the day.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:43 pm I’m not even going to post the link but you look up a video from Jay Zs most recent album 4:44 titled “Story of OJ”. Song is excellent but goes even better w the video including old horrifying footage that actually exists of cartoons in our country.
I will take a look....One cousin lived in the Bay Area and the other was in LA so they had all the basis covered. If you ever say the movies Jerry McGuire where one agent steals a client from the other he was working with, that happened to my cousin. It wasn’t a QB but it was an offensive tackle. He almost quit but started his own agency. He had a good run but got out of it. It’s a shark business and unless you are really established with a roster of QBs it’s a young man’s game.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:55 pm
I have to admit as a huge OJ fan his murder case broke my heart. When I was in California in 1976 when I graduated hs I saw him once. My cousin worked at the studio, i believe Warner Brothers. It was July and there was not alot of filming going on. The one show that was shooting was a movie with OJ and Elizabeth Montgomery. OJ walked past me and he looked at me and smiled and nodded his head. I could not have spoken if I had wanted to. I have been a Buffalo Bills fan my entire life. OJ was the Bills back in the 70s. He was the juice for a reason. There is that line from the Rick Nelson song garden party... if memories are all I have, I'd rather drive a truck. OJ did give us Bills fans alot of memories back in the day.
OJ Simpson was the best running back I have ever seen....when the news broke that his wife had been killed I told a guy I was having lunch with that OJ did it....he asked me why would I say that. I told him I remember reading a story when I was a kid about how he beat his wife. You never heard about stuff like that and it stuck with me. I had not thought about it until that moment. He’s a psychopath.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:58 pm
OJ Simpson was the best running back I have ever seen....when the news broke that his wife had been killed I told a guy I was having lunch with that OJ did it....he asked me why would I say that. I told him I remember reading a story when I was a kid about how he beat his wife. You never heard about stuff like that and it stuck with me. I had not thought about it until that moment. He’s a psychopath.
I mostly agree with you, I still remember Gayle Sayers before he was hurt. I was really young but he was an amazing running back. OJ was amazing with what he could do. I have to agree he was a psychopath. I idolized him as a teenager, now I don't know what to think about him.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:16 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:58 pm
I mostly agree with you, I still remember Gayle Sayers before he was hurt. I was really young but he was an amazing running back. OJ was amazing with what he could do. I have to agree he was a psychopath. I idolized him as a teenager, now I don't know what to think about him.
I missed Sayers. But, guys that watched both, believe Sayers was the best they have seen. I saw highlights. He was electric.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

For me the best I remember seeing were sweetness (Payton), Barry Sanders and Eric Dickerson. My dad swears by Earl Campbell being the best, better than Sayers. I’m 41 for reference.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:28 pm For me the best I remember seeing were sweetness (Payton), Barry Sanders and Eric Dickerson. My dad swears by Earl Campbell being the best, better than Sayers. I’m 41 for reference.
Sadly Sayers was hurt way too early in his career. He was something to behold with a football in his hand. My dad would have said Jim Brown of course but he was just before my time watching football.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:44 pm..........

Cradle I read your post about Teddy Kennedy but now can not find it.

I wanted to add something. Ted Kennedy was a uniquely awful human being, a trust fund ingrate who did all that he could to sabotage America. But even that's not my point here.

When the so-called 'Lion of the Senate' died, the American media practically swooned with love for this guy, in spite of all the evidence of how awful he was. Andrea Mitchell was his chief enabler in the press.

What should Teddy have done? After killing a young lady, which in fact is exactly what he did, and after being exonerated (which should never have happened), Kennedy should have gone into hiding and into a private life. He could have redeemed himself by starting a company (add value to others lives in a real way) or running a charity (since he was gifted all the money he veer needed by his Dad).

Instead Kennedy embarked on a life of drinking and womanizing. And yet, for some ungodly reason, Democrats and media adored this guy like he was the favorite uncle in the family. Know why? Because Teddy voted the 'correct' way. That's it.

Ted Kennedy is perhaps the single best example of how incredibly hypocritical the Democratic Party is, with cover by the press.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Dems.jpg
Dems.jpg (125.52 KiB) Viewed 2074 times
DMac

Post by DMac »

It's a shame this guy got hurt, he was just phenominal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOol5HBLUd8
Saw all of the above listed play, Jimmy Brown too.
After all is said and done, I do believe Jimmy was
the best ever (really not a fan of the guy). People
will argue/discuss who was the best ever but every
one of those guys were just teriffic.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Tara Reade is credible:

Her mother called into Larry King Live in 1993

Can remember the place

Can remember the time

Can remember the people present

Filed a police report

That is way more than Chrissy Ford was ever able to produce!

Why isn’t this being investigated by the mainstream media? I thought Biden and Democrats shouted: “Believe all women”?

Over 700 articles were written about the false accusations of Kavanaugh, in the WaPo, but only 1 about Biden raping this woman? Another reason why Trump wins in 2002. Hypocrisy of the left is out of control, tried and true.
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
DMac

Post by DMac »

If only it had been 2002. We'd be all done with him now.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Bandito wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:13 am Tara Reade is credible:

Can remember the place

Can remember the time

Filed a police report

Why isn’t this being investigated by the mainstream media? I thought Biden and Democrats shouted: “Believe all women”?

Over 700 articles were written about the false accusations of Kavanaugh, in the WaPo, but only 1 about Biden raping this woman? Another reason why Trump wins in 2002. Hypocrisy of the left is out of control, tried and true.

+1
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:45 am
Bandito wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:13 am Tara Reade is credible:

Can remember the place

Can remember the time

Filed a police report

+1
pair of trolls...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:03 am Dems.jpg
now, that is at least funny.

Thankfully, all the lifelong R's I know who are voting Dem for POTUS this time remain alike and kicking.

I'd like to think that my old man would have gone for Biden at this point, as my mom will do (first Dem POTUS vote in her 60+ years of voting), but he may have been stubborn just for drill. Nah, he'd flip this go round too.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:41 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:03 am Dems.jpg
now, that is at least funny.

Thankfully, all the lifelong R's I know who are voting Dem for POTUS this time remain alike and kicking.

I'd like to think that my old man would have gone for Biden at this point, as my mom will do (first Dem POTUS vote in her 60+ years of voting), but he may have been stubborn just for drill. Nah, he'd flip this go round too.
And even though it might be funny - it is far from the truth today. The number of documented cases of election day voting fraud is so _tiny_ in any given modern election to be pretty much negligible. And most of the time it comes from someone who fails to cancel a prior registration when moving and votes twice, or someone who registers who should not (felon, non-citizen, etc) which is really not voting fraud but voter registration fraud. Registration fraud usually gets caught before any election if felon or non-citizen.

Voter fraud allegations are just an excuse to make voting harder and skew the electorate.

Return to “POLITICS”