The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: 2024

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 10:14 pm Go pick a fight with Biden…. https://x.com/ighaworth/status/18125663 ... a82I2GssRg
This prompts the question -- how does Biden now campaign against Trump ? He'll have to remake all his TV adds.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Will depend on how trump campaigns.

Trump could do well taking the high road. Or he could push turbo mode on grievance and retribution.

You know Trump will go low.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Easy peasy for Biden. Just emphasize beating Trump at the ballot box. This ain't rocket surgery people.

How is Trump now gonna campaign against Biden? He's called Biden a threat to Democracy. Here's one just a few of weeks ago, there's lots more. He knows what he's doing apparently.

RFK has said Biden is a bigger threat to Democracy than Trump.

Buncha whiny people here ignoring the violence their people are supporting if that's what that is.

Don Jr was making fun of the Pelosi hammer attack. Don Sr. piled on. Both pushed conspiracy theories. No calls for unity there. :roll:

Clown party.

Still no word if this was a really pissed off Republican dude or what. All speculation at this point, and no introspection. We wouldn't expect any better I supposed.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ggait wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 10:36 pm Will depend on how trump campaigns.

Trump could do well taking the high road. Or he could push turbo mode on grievance and retribution.

You know Trump will go low.
Yup. He will try (the high road), but it won't last more than a few hours.

I say let Orange Duce be Orange Duce.
Last edited by jhu72 on Sun Jul 14, 2024 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
old salt

Post by old salt »

I imagine Trump's campaign advisors are trying to convince him of the tactical advantage to now taking the high road.
...but can Trump pivot & resist the urge to attack & continue to make it personal ?
old salt

Post by old salt »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 10:57 pm Easy peasy for Biden. Just emphasize beating Trump at the ballot box. This ain't rocket surgery people.

How is Trump now gonna campaign against Biden? He's called Biden a threat to Democracy. Here's one just a few of weeks ago, there's lots more. He knows what he's doing apparently.

Buncha whiny people here ignoring the violence their people are supporting if that's what that is.

Don Jr was making fun of the Pelosi hammer attack. Don Sr. piled on. Both pushed conspiracy theories. No calls for unity there. :roll:

Clown party.

Still no word if this was a really pissed off Republican dude or what. All speculation at this point, and no introspection. We wouldn't expect any better I supposed.
Trump was shot. Biden was not. That renders whataboutisms irrelevant.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

old salt wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 11:05 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 10:57 pm Easy peasy for Biden. Just emphasize beating Trump at the ballot box. This ain't rocket surgery people.

Clown party.

Tons of your people attempted to murder the Vice President and the Speaker of the House nearly 4 years ago among many other congress people. So yeah, ignore all the calls for violence from your side to make yourself feel better.

You have no clue that this one dude may be one of your own and a result of your calls for violence. We don't know yet.

Again, a clown party.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 11:13 pm

Clown party.

Tons of your people attempted to murder the Vice President and the Speaker of the House nearly 4 years ago among many other congress people. So yeah, ignore all the calls for violence from your side to make yourself feel better.

You have no clue that this one dude may be one of your own and a result of your calls for violence. We don't know yet.

Again, a clown party.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Clown party.

Again, a clown party.
OS still thinks that holding everyone to the same moral standard is "whataboutism". Oh no! You can't hold everyone to the same standards! That would be unfair to Republicans!

Millions of folks, just like this. And just like Wregget, he immediately thinks that this all falls at the Dems feet, even though the shooter is one of them...a Republican. And they wonder why we're circling the drain....
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Clown party.

Again, a clown party.
I don't know that we will ever know. This doesn't look political to me given what is known about the shooter. The information coming out about the kid sounds more like a school shooter. Maybe he couldn't wait until September. Maybe just causing anyone pain is as good as causing the people who caused you pain is as good. Also good way to get famous.
a fan

Post by a fan »

jhu72 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 11:38 pm

Clown party.

Again, a clown party.
I don't know that we will ever know. This doesn't look political to me given what is known about the shooter. The information coming out about the kid sounds more like a school shooter. Maybe he couldn't wait until September. Maybe just causing anyone pain is as good as causing the people who caused you pain is as good. Also good way to get famous.

In related news, Dems sh(tcan an idiot staffer who suggested Trump should have been hit. Good riddance.

Show of hands: who thinks Republicans will do the same when violence is hinted at like this by their guys?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem-co ... p-shooting
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 11:43 pm

Clown party.

Again, a clown party.

In related news, Dems sh(tcan an idiot staffer who suggested Trump should have been hit. Good riddance.

Show of hands: who thinks Republicans will do the same when violence is hinted at like this by their guys?

... didn't take long either. It will never happen with the republiCONs.
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 11:51 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 11:43 pm

Clown party.

Again, a clown party.

... didn't take long either. It will never happen with the republiCONs.
This is what I was alluding to when Democrats were calling for Biden to withdraw. Republicans would never call for a candidate to withdraw. The guy already said he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and still get support. He knows his audience.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

All this psychoanalysis of a 20 yr old loaner, based strictly on his voter registration, is really deep, while ignoring his single political contribution, neither of which are an indication of much of anything, but keep grasping at diversionary straws.

The only gun fired on Jan 6 was the one which took out Ashli Babbit, for good reason, as far as I'm concerned.
Why isn't anyone being tried for their attempted murder of the VP & Speaker of the House on Jan 6 ? It wasn't due to a lack of investigation ?
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:58 am All this psychoanalysis of a 20 yr old loaner, based strictly on his voter registration, is really deep, while ignoring his single political contribution, neither of which are an indication of much of anything, but keep grasping at diversionary straws.
Then you choose: politics has NOTHING to do with the shooting. Fine by me. Tell your friends.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:27 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:58 am All this psychoanalysis of a 20 yr old loaner, based strictly on his voter registration, is really deep, while ignoring his single political contribution, neither of which are an indication of much of anything, but keep grasping at diversionary straws.
Then you choose: politics has NOTHING to do with the shooting. Fine by me. Tell your friends.
I don't claim to know what motivated this troubled individual.
You should offer your services to the FBI as a profiler.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:34 pm
Yeah, you have. You told us that Biden has to change his campaigning....which implies you think it's his fault Trump was shot. Now here you are telling us you don't know. Pick a lane.

What I told folks, as you very well know, and are gaslighting as usual.....that either politics had nothing to do with the shooting, OR it is relevant that he was a registered Republican. Pick one.

My point has NOTHING to do with anything but logic. You can't cherry pick facts. But you can ignore them entirely, and chalk it up to "the kid was crazy". I choose the latter, until proven otherwise. Which is what YOU are saying. We agree, despite your desire to argue.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:50 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:34 pm
Yeah, you have. You told us that Biden has to change his campaigning....which implies you think it's his fault Trump was shot. Now here you are telling us you don't know. Pick a lane.

What I told folks, as you very well know, and are gaslighting as usual.....that either politics had nothing to do with the shooting, OR it is relevant that he was a registered Republican. Pick one.

My point has NOTHING to do with anything but logic. You can't cherry pick facts. But you can ignore them entirely, and chalk it up to "the kid was crazy". I choose the latter, until proven otherwise. Which is what YOU are saying. We agree, despite your desire to argue.
There you go again, reading my mind. I said nothing that implied that the shooting was Biden's fault.
This event is forcing him to change his campaign strategy.
The basis of his campaign has been to vilify Trump. Talking head Dem strategists have validated this. Do you disagree with that ?
If Biden continues to vilify Trump, it will play right into the hands of his (R) accusers.
Have you heard the news reports that his campaign has pulled down their TV adds. Why are they doing that now ?

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/after-t ... =111930384

Return to “POLITICS”