The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: 2024

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:47 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:13 pm My argument, was not that He was either of those two, it was that he is not in the silo of "liberal". If you think R's or Conservatives do not have empathy / care towards the poor or downtrodden....that seems like a rather bleak POV, and I know you did not mean it that way.
He doesn't say to have empathy or care, YA.

He says to be "openhanded" in helping them. He's telling you to empty your pockets to help them.....there is no way you can read his teachings, and think that being a millionaire is ok, for example.

There's a world of difference between being a kind, caring person......and following the J man. His teachings are VERY specific, as you know.

What your party currently thinks J's teachings mean is: force schools to post the Ten Commandments. First of all, that's the Old Testament. Second of all, why are you telling k-12 kids what adultery is? I thought sex discussions were a big fat no-no.

Third of all, as I wrote before: if you cats are serious about this stuff, and infusing it into our government? Here's what you do. Set up a free food truck outside of every poor school in America. Put a big cross on in, and tell them what Church did this. Tell the entire school district "hey, we're the Christians, and we're here to take care of the poor. No one goes hungry on our watch."

Do you have ANY IDEA what that would do? First of all, you'd show that you mean business, and take his teachings seriously. Second of all, you'd get converts who SEE your good works, instead of posting Commandments that are nothing put Kabuki. SHOW them what you're about instead of using the Bible to attack your fellow Americans by telling them what they can and can't do.

When you're done with that? Set up another truck that give out free contraception to HS kids. Show them you care. Show them you don't want abortions. Help keep them out of the poverty cycle.

I have other suggestions, but the 2025 cats are NOT Christians, any more than Joel Olesteen is.
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:13 pm It's part of the reason why I fuss so much over the flames thrown at Christianity in the US and alignment that the majority of R's, MAGA's etc are in favor of Christian Nationilism. I believe they are nothing more the the opposing POV/balance to the extreme tolerate everything far left progressive/liberal push.
Give me five examples of the liberals getting their way in America...Federally. And we'll use the other 1st world nation as the bar for what is liberal.

Your crew is KILLING the liberals out there, and it's not even a close call as to who is winning the culture war in America. A Trans person can't get a job without your crew punishing a business the same way that they punished businesses who dared to hire black people as their spokesperson.

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:13 pm AS you often say, we all typically have far more in common than we care to admit and would be friends if we broke bread together.

BTW: get back to work and stop enjoying flask time. ;) :lol:
I would LOVE to eat with every poster here, you in partcular. All our postings are about discussing ideas. And so long as folks aren't trolling? I do NOT care if they have different ideas than I do. In fact? I PREFER it, because I learn from it. It's what's great about America...and this forum.

Folks take things personally sometimes. But I don't think that's folks intent. Certainly not mine, anyway.
https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/10/us/dwigh ... index.html

The real problem is his lied about his name.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:47 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:13 pm My argument, was not that He was either of those two, it was that he is not in the silo of "liberal". If you think R's or Conservatives do not have empathy / care towards the poor or downtrodden....that seems like a rather bleak POV, and I know you did not mean it that way.
He doesn't say to have empathy or care, YA.

He says to be "openhanded" in helping them. He's telling you to empty your pockets to help them.....there is no way you can read his teachings, and think that being a millionaire is ok, for example.

There's a world of difference between being a kind, caring person......and following the J man. His teachings are VERY specific, as you know.

What your party currently thinks J's teachings mean is: force schools to post the Ten Commandments. First of all, that's the Old Testament. Second of all, why are you telling k-12 kids what adultery is? I thought sex discussions were a big fat no-no.

Third of all, as I wrote before: if you cats are serious about this stuff, and infusing it into our government? Here's what you do. Set up a free food truck outside of every poor school in America. Put a big cross on in, and tell them what Church did this. Tell the entire school district "hey, we're the Christians, and we're here to take care of the poor. No one goes hungry on our watch."

Do you have ANY IDEA what that would do? First of all, you'd show that you mean business, and take his teachings seriously. Second of all, you'd get converts who SEE your good works, instead of posting Commandments that are nothing put Kabuki. SHOW them what you're about instead of using the Bible to attack your fellow Americans by telling them what they can and can't do.

When you're done with that? Set up another truck that give out free contraception to HS kids. Show them you care. Show them you don't want abortions. Help keep them out of the poverty cycle.

I have other suggestions, but the 2025 cats are NOT Christians, any more than Joel Olesteen is.
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:13 pm It's part of the reason why I fuss so much over the flames thrown at Christianity in the US and alignment that the majority of R's, MAGA's etc are in favor of Christian Nationilism. I believe they are nothing more the the opposing POV/balance to the extreme tolerate everything far left progressive/liberal push.
Give me five examples of the liberals getting their way in America...Federally. And we'll use the other 1st world nation as the bar for what is liberal.

Your crew is KILLING the liberals out there, and it's not even a close call as to who is winning the culture war in America. A Trans person can't get a job without your crew punishing a business the same way that they punished businesses who dared to hire black people as their spokesperson.

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:13 pm AS you often say, we all typically have far more in common than we care to admit and would be friends if we broke bread together.

BTW: get back to work and stop enjoying flask time. ;) :lol:
I would LOVE to eat with every poster here, you in partcular. All our postings are about discussing ideas. And so long as folks aren't trolling? I do NOT care if they have different ideas than I do. In fact? I PREFER it, because I learn from it. It's what's great about America...and this forum.

Folks take things personally sometimes. But I don't think that's folks intent. Certainly not mine, anyway.
Most all churches have food banks, to provide for entire families, not just school aged children. And you know exactly what would happen if a food truck rolled up with a cross. They would be picketed and slandered for not serving the correct or appropriate food, not being halal or kosher for the muslim and jewish sltudents.....not to mentioned all the knuckleheads arguing separation of church and state,,,,,surely, you did not forget how easily your side loves to protest and not have a cross in sight or they may melt. I'll give you three guesses which party affiliation would be up in arms, and the first two guesses don't count.

Handing out contraception only enables behaviors that results in risk and further compounds issues,....we already teach them to use contraception. Maybe adult supervision would be better....kind of like state run drug use facilities. Jesus would just love for everyone to have sex and do dope :roll:

I agree....we have fake Christians on the ticket; most certainly.

Five Social Liberal agendas getting their way: I removed Federally, b/c that is a scapegoat qualifier.
1. Removing History of America when it does not suite their POV
2. Liberal litigation convictions that promote crimes that are of the revolving type.
3. Defunding Police
4. Lowering standards in schools for education and behavioral issues
5. DEI

The grassroots is where the action the above actions are happening, no different than local police and sheriffs offices that regulate/enforce crime in their zip codes. It's the latter type (safer) places where the people seek to get away from the BS of crime, poor schools districts, etc. It's no longer limited to 'white flight' it is a collective of 'Liberal/Progressive Flight'... People seeking autonomy. The sad part, is that it is further separating the haves from the have nots...making matters worse, and I question if that is the ultimate (cruel) intent by the Feds. I personally believe a correction is in order.....to the era of our parents where most everyone were moderate center with subtleties.

To be clear....I believe we indeed needed a progressive/liberal correction, but believe its time to clean up some of those issues.

Until next time....
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:20 pm Most all churches have food banks, to provide for entire families, not just school aged children. And you know exactly what would happen if a food truck rolled up with a cross. They would be picketed and slandered for not serving the correct or appropriate food, not being halal or kosher for the muslim and jewish sltudents.....not to mentioned all the knuckleheads arguing separation of church and state,,,,,surely, you did not forget how easily your side loves to protest and not have a cross in sight or they may melt. I'll give you three guesses which party affiliation would be up in arms, and the first two guesses don't count.
You're ignoring the context of the conversation.....they just passed a law FORCING the Ten Commandments on School Property. Plainly, they have ZERO issue mixing State and Religion. What I"m telling you is: if you're gonna do it.....do what I suggested Christians should do.

I'd prefer to keep Church and State separate, but that's just me. If we're going to mix them? At least lets use what J taught us.
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:20 pm Handing out contraception only enables behaviors that results in risk and further compounds issues,
Demonstrably false. We did just that----handed out contraception in Colorado via the State. Know what happened to abortion numbers? Take a guess.

So now what? Now that you know what you stated is wrong.....why the heck wouldn't anyone who wants to reduce abortion make this a nationwide program?

I'll wait for your answer.
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:20 pm ....we already teach them to use contraception. Maybe adult supervision would be better....kind of like state run drug use facilities. Jesus would just love for everyone to have sex and do dope :roll:
If he had to choose between an abortion and free contraception....take a wild guess as to which he'd choose.
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:20 pm I agree....we have fake Christians on the ticket; most certainly.
And fake liberals, while we're at it.
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:20 pm Five Social Liberal agendas getting their way: I removed Federally, b/c that is a scapegoat qualifier.
1. Removing History of America when it does not suite their POV
What liberal wants to remove history? Maybe give an example so we're on the same page.
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:20 pm 2. Liberal litigation convictions that promote crimes that are of the revolving type.
That's local, not Federal. Doesn't count. We're discussing Federal.
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:20 pm 3. Defunding Police
It works, and I've told you that. We have a van that goes to situations that call for someone with Social Work skills in Denver, instead of sending two very expensive untrained police officers to deal with every crazy thing. Guess what happened? The van workers have been safe so far, situations have been defused, and the police? Take a wild guess as to how stoked they are that they aren't called as much because some homeless guy is off his meds.

I agree that the label is idiotic, and said so at the time. "Defunding the police" sounds insane. "Spending our money more wisely as we try and make our community safer" is much better. And yep, I fully agree that there are looney tunes folks who want the police gone. These people are morons, I fully agree.
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:20 pm 4. Lowering standards in schools for education and behavioral issues
That's partially your crew. Do you know why kids can't get expelled and moved to at-risk schools that we used to have in America? Funding. So District admins have nowhere to put the kids.

I told you this before: helicopter parents that have given us grade inflation and lowered standards come from all political stripes. It's about wanker parents who are given too much power.
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:20 pm 5. DEI
Yeah, white guys like us just can't catch a break.

Next time we're in charge? Maybe we shouldn't keep minorities from starting businesses or attending schools. When Old Salt applied to college? He didn't have to compete with my Mom, because laws prohibited her from applying. THAT is DEI. White guys like you and I are the ones who invented this practice in the first place. Letting other folks take the wheel just isn't a big deal to me.

It is to you, and I respect your opinion. I wish NONE of this "you're not allowed to have a credit card because you're a woman" thing ever happened.

But here we are....

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:20 pm The grassroots is where the action the above actions are happening, no different than local police and sheriffs offices that regulate/enforce crime in their zip codes. It's the latter type (safer) places where the people seek to get away from the BS of crime, poor schools districts, etc. It's no longer limited to 'white flight' it is a collective of 'Liberal/Progressive Flight'... People seeking autonomy.
Which would be great...except that's not what they're doing. The people claiming to want autonomy are also passing laws keeping others from doing what they want....and you know this. Who's banning books, or trying to keep Americans from learning that (gasp!) there are gay people in America? Or keeping folks from learning about slavery or Jim Crow?
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:20 pm The sad part, is that it is further separating the haves from the have nots...making matters worse, and I question if that is the ultimate (cruel) intent by the Feds.
Now you're skipping back to the Feds.....YA, the Feds aren't doing any of the things you listed, except DEI. That's it. The rest is happening in America's most liberal cities, which has ZERO effect on folks living in Flyover America. I don't care how San Fran is governed...so long as they're not using my money to do it. I don't live there....so what do I care?

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:20 pm I personally believe a correction is in order.....to the era of our parents where most everyone were moderate center with subtleties.
Oh, I couldn't agree more. The problem is, your party keeps nominating fringe nutjobs to run things, and to run our Courts. Biden is CLEARLY center-right.
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:20 pm To be clear....I believe we indeed needed a progressive/liberal correction, but believe its time to clean up some of those issues.
The correction hasn't happened. Take a look at any other 1st world nation, my friend. They are all, without exception, more liberal. The only thing we have that's more liberal? Are more "liberal" gun laws that has led to more guns than Americans. That's it.
Last edited by a fan on Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:20 pm Most all churches have food banks, to provide for entire families, not just school aged children. \
Oh, I know. When they practice what they preach? They're miraculous. I support them fully. And participate in
a local church's annual fundraiser without hesitation.

I was saying IF you're going to invade Public Schools....lead with the above, and spare everyone the theatrics of posting the Ten.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:29 pm https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 92516.html

Where is that DEI Jihadist!!??
Feeling the heat from her ILMN-GRAL fiasco.
She learned that Obama was a paid moderator at an ILMN forum.
She's still busy stalking Amazon / Albertsons / Kroger / Microsoft/ Meta / Google / Apple / Amgen....

Fluent BioSciences (yum)
ILMN up from 104.73 on July 9, to 113.4 on July 10.
UP 7.33% the past 5 days.
$50k bump (burp). FU Madame Khan. :mrgreen:

The Fluent team will join Illumina, and PIPseq V will be integrated into Illumina's product portfolio. The company plans to build on Fluent's technology to develop full end-to-end solutions for single-cell analysis.

Illumina will remain an open NGS platform and is committed to maintaining and supporting its existing single-cell partnerships. "Our goal is to continue to develop the sequencing eco-system and support the best multiomics solutions like single-cell analysis," Barnard said. "We want customers to have the flexibility to adopt the tools that best fit their needs."

The acquisition closed on July 9, 2024, and has been funded with cash on hand.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 12:14 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:29 pm https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 92516.html

She's still busy stalking Amazon / Albertsons / Kroger / Microsoft/ Meta / Google / Apple / Amgen....

Fluent BioSciences (yum)

The Fluent team will join Illumina, and PIPseq V will be integrated into Illumina's product portfolio. The company plans to build on Fluent's technology to develop full end-to-end solutions for single-cell analysis.

Illumina will remain an open NGS platform and is committed to maintaining and supporting its existing single-cell partnerships. "Our goal is to continue to develop the sequencing eco-system and support the best multiomics solutions like single-cell analysis," Barnard said. "We want customers to have the flexibility to adopt the tools that best fit their needs."

So does this mean you will finally STFU on this topic? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 6:44 am

Fluent BioSciences (yum)

So does this mean you will finally STFU on this topic? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No way, until ILMN is back up to $500.00/share. Your emojis will be oxygen deprived by then.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 6:56 am
Kismet wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 6:44 am

Fluent BioSciences (yum)

No way, until ILMN is back up to $500.00/share. Your emojis will be oxygen deprived by then.
Emoji health not affected by your constant whining :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

In fact, it spurs n even more emojis :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ggait

Post by ggait »

Going into this afternoon's "big boy" press conference, Nate Silver gives Joe a 29% win probability. Economist says 25%. 538 says 49% which seems nuts given that Joe is trailing in every single swing state.

Who knows if Harris would have any higher chance of winning? Or of keeping the elections from being a Senate and House wipe out.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

DONALD
TRUMP
IS UNFIT
TO LEAD

BY THE EDITORIAL BOARD

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... =url-share
Typical Lax Dad

Jihad Jane should have been added

“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ggait wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 6:24 pm Going into this afternoon's "big boy" press conference, Nate Silver gives Joe a 29% win probability. Economist says 25%. 538 says 49% which seems nuts given that Joe is trailing in every single swing state.

Who knows if Harris would have any higher chance of winning? Or of keeping the elections from being a Senate and House wipe out.
... this morning 538 says Biden is now on top with 51% chance of winning. It is a simulation which includes other factors beside polls. What changed is overnight some polls moved slightly towards Biden. Frankly I think Biden can beat Trump and Harris would do as well and probably better.

Biden is not generating any excitement among the anti-Trump base and independents, that base wants more than just to beat Trump (young people are the weakness). Harris would generate a lot more excitement among the impatient youngsters. A passing of the torch to a new generation, showing movement of the democratic party compared to a stagnant, reactionary, backwards looking and focused "old white man" party.

Trump signaled his "tell" yesterday by going after Clooney for his NYT editorial. Trump fears Harris IMO. The age / gaffe factor would shift significantly.

Frankly when Biden ran in 2020 I understood remarks he made to indicate his intention was as a transitional president. I am sure many who voted for him at the time, considered that a good thing -- a promise.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Now the Heritage Foundation is signaling their dislike of the idea of Biden stepping aside, they are threatening to sue the democrats.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trump gets bad news from Black Voters. They are going home to the democratic party after visiting the third parties and Trump. 15 point swing.
old salt

Post by old salt »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:27 pmFrankly when Biden ran in 2020 I understood remarks he made to indicate his intention was as a transitional president. I am sure many who voted for him at the time, considered that a good thing -- a promise.
It would have been a good thing, had Biden announced, right after the midterm election, that he would not run for re-election, called for an open Dem primary, announced that he would endorse & support the Dem primary winner, not campaign until the convention & focus all his energy & remaining time in office to governing, while giving VP Harris more meaningful duties which would allow her to establish her qualifications to succeed him, or not.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 11:34 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:27 pmFrankly when Biden ran in 2020 I understood remarks he made to indicate his intention was as a transitional president. I am sure many who voted for him at the time, considered that a good thing -- a promise.
It would have been a good thing, had Biden announced, right after the midterm election, that he would not run for re-election, called for an open Dem primary, announced that he would endorse & support the Dem primary winner, not campaign until the convention & focus all his energy & remaining time in office to governing, while giving VP Harris more meaningful duties which would allow her to establish her qualifications to succeed him, or not.
+1
WaffleTwineFaceoff

Post by WaffleTwineFaceoff »

a fan wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 12:47 am
old salt wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 11:34 pm
+1
I'll +1 the +1. Too bad that ship has sailed.

Kamala's popularity and voter confidence could have dropped back to her Democratic primary levels, where we've seen it belongs, thus assuring she'd never occupy the oval office. And the Democratic Party might finally step up to provide some fresh options which instill confidence and hope.

I would only add that an emergency and completely illegal restriction be put in place which prevents Newsom, Clooney, Michelle, and Hilary from being eligible! :lol: Just so I can sleep at night.
The only freedom which deserves the name is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. John Stuart Mill On Liberty 1859
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Wonder what comes of the HRC FEC legal battle? Crickets in the news.
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”