Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: Orange Duce

Post by youthathletics »

Seascoster and TLD - I am curious about your take on the matter and what you believe should be done? As I have noted a few times, I am for giving them just enough rope to hang themselves, sanctions with our allies, and see if MBS truly wants a more moderate 2030 vision.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

SOS Pompeo flew to them, not the other way around. He yukked it up with Bonesaw. They lied in his face and he flew home and said they need more time. Then they confess to the world. Yeah, we killed the reporter. He made us kill him.
Last edited by Trinity on Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
frmanfan

Post by frmanfan »

a fan wrote:
jhu72 wrote:All of this is really technical and incomprehensible to an audience already conditioned to not listen to scientist and experts.
Wait: so you're saying that Trumpism has long term consequences?!?! Noooooooo. That's un-possible, JHU!

You just have TDS. This is fake news.
Hold the phone fan, are you implying that Trump supporters are the reason that nuclear is out of fashion in the US? Or that Merkel is kissing up to Trump by banning it in Germany? C'mon, stop taking the cheap shots, you are better than that.
A cold beer and a warm woman is all I need to keep me happy. Sometimes a cold beer is enough...
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:

What does that POS Brennan have to say about all this? We might as well sell the Saudis my pot (arms), they'll just buy it from someone else anyway.

Congress is allowed to own stock in war machine companies that THEY award contracts to and authorize foreign sales of. TAATS
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote:Seascoster and TLD - I am curious about your take on the matter and what you believe should be done? As I have noted a few times, I am for giving them just enough rope to hang themselves, sanctions with our allies, and see if MBS truly wants a more moderate 2030 vision.
Miles above my pay grade. You have two things in intractable tension: the plain and simple murder of a legal alien within the protection of the United States, and the myriad economic and security interests of a country wedded to an oil addiction. Here, in a transactional sense (and Trump is nothing if not transactional) the legal alien is nearly worthless to this administration in comparison to the desire and need to keep some sort of peace with SA and its heir apparent. Other than exacting superficial sanctions -- the removal of "the people responsible for this bungle" appears to be this morning's offer by the Monarchy and MBS -- I'm not sure what else can be done.

But Trump cannot keep allowing murder abroad go unanswered.

I think an administration with some moral code could at least end/suspend arms sales for a period of time, without too much backlash in relation to oil prices or assistance with Iran. I don't know all of the potential economic issues and plans that might be placed on hold or terminated. I won't be surprised to see Trump accept whatever explanation the Saudis give, even if it is the laughable a "fight got out of control and we had to dismember a journalist" being floated today.

MBS wants to be King -- and that is all. Everything he does tending toward moderation is phony. You can bank that.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

What does that POS Brennan have to say about all this? We might as well sell the Saudis my pot (arms), they'll just buy it from someone else anyway.

Congress is allowed to own stock in war machine companies that THEY award contracts to and authorize foreign sales of. TAATS
Not sure.... MBS has "Jared in his pocket"... takes on a new meaning. Didn't have to have us in their pocket to get stuff done.... what did Jared do that was even more favorable that the guy boasts of having him in his pocket?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

seacoaster wrote:
youthathletics wrote:Seascoster and TLD - I am curious about your take on the matter and what you believe should be done? As I have noted a few times, I am for giving them just enough rope to hang themselves, sanctions with our allies, and see if MBS truly wants a more moderate 2030 vision.
Miles above my pay grade. You have two things in intractable tension: the plain and simple murder of a legal alien within the protection of the United States, and the myriad economic and security interests of a country wedded to an oil addiction. Here, in a transactional sense (and Trump is nothing if not transactional) the legal alien is nearly worthless to this administration in comparison to the desire and need to keep some sort of peace with SA and its heir apparent. Other than exacting superficial sanctions -- the removal of "the people responsible for this bungle" appears to be this morning's offer by the Monarchy and MBS -- I'm not sure what else can be done.

I think an administration with some moral code could at least end/suspend arms sales for a period of time, without too much backlash in relation to oil prices or assistance with Iran. I don't know all of the potential economic issues and plans that might be placed on hold or terminated. I won't be surprised to see Trump accept whatever explanation the Saudis give, even if it is the laughable a "fight got out of control and we had to dismember a journalist" being floated today.

MBS wants to be King -- and that is all. Everything he does tending toward moderation is phony. You can bank that.
Turkey leaked the video

Not just hayseeds here are watching...the world is watching....even the not so nice guys.....another mishandled situation...this was an opportunity to "put them in our pocket" but all we did was confirm we are in their pocket.....we don't even have an ambassador to SA. That's how ridiculous it is....
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

seacoaster wrote:

I think you're most likely correct about what Trump will do, with as much delay as possible to let other events supersede and crowd out attention. The Administration wi'll do some handwaving, nothing seriously more. Saudis will jail/execute some folks, and MBS' power will consolidate.

It's very clear that's Trump's natural instinct re 'strong man' and 'free press', whether or not he is otherwise compromised.

After all, who will stop Trump? Corker? (gone in January) Graham? (all hat, no cattle...somehow compromised by Trump) Paul? (not even 'hat' much less 'cattle')

A year from now we may hear him joke about how 'strong' MBS is...and claim the MSM was Fake News in covering the issue.

EDIT: 2PM Trump finds the Saudi's story "credible"...yup
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote:
seacoaster wrote:

I think you're most likely correct about what Trump will do, with as much delay as possible to let other events supersede and crowd out attention. The Administration wi'll do some handwaving, nothing seriously more. Saudis will jail/execute some folks, and MBS' power will consolidate.

It's very clear that's Trump's natural instinct re 'strong man' and 'free press', whether or not he is otherwise compromised.

EDIT: 2PM Trump finds the Saudi's story "credible"...yup
Thanks seacoaster..appreciate the thoughtful answer. The part in red is really the crux of the reaction expected but the USA and others.

I'll ask again...So why then if we all believe MBS wants to be King, and he has a vision of a more "moderate islam" in his country, would we want to risk a significant setback by doing something drastic off the hip?

It is quite easy to be a backstreet driver for all things never Trump,(the cartoon response was funny), but the end game is what is in the best interest of the USA and peace...which is something each side wants; well, except when faced w/the choice for it and if a d or r is in office.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

that's quite a crowd, there ...
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

The Central American Caravan:

Interesting that this group waited until just before the elections to begin their march. Could it have been orchestrated that way in order to generate some votes for Trump and his party?
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

The Real Reasons Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman Wanted Khashoggi 'Dead of Alive'

"We now know that a few minor players will pay. Some of them might even be executed by Saudi headsmen (one already was reported killed in a car crash). But experience also tells us the spotlight of world attention will shift. Arms sales will go ahead. And the death of Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi risks becoming a footnote in the annals of intensifying, murderous repression of journalists who are branded the “enemy of the people” by Donald Trump and various two-bit tyrants around the world.

But there is more to Khashoggi’s murder than the question of press freedom, in fact. His death holds the key to understanding the political forces that have helped turn the Middle East from a region of hope seven years ago to one of brutal repression and ongoing slaughter today. Which brings us back to the question of the Saudis’ fear and hatred of the Muslim Brotherhood, the regional rivalries of those who support it and those who oppose it, and the game of thrones in the House of Saud itself. Khashoggi was not central to any of those conflicts, but his career implicated him, fatally, in all of them."

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

They just haaaad to fit Trump in there somehow and yet close with their fully rational response.
~Livy
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

"....So why then if we all believe MBS wants to be King, and he has a vision of a more "moderate islam" in his country...."

I don't think he has any meaningful interest in anything like a "moderate islam." He wants to be King; he wants to contain and eliminate dissent. The moderation line is for Jared.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Too bad Trump put his financially conflicted and utterly inexperienced son-in-Law in charge of a volatile region. Who needs a Saudi ambassador? Or one for Turkey? We got a family guy who needs ten attempts to fill out a form. Now he’s hiding in NYC.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Typical Lax Dad

seacoaster wrote:"....So why then if we all believe MBS wants to be King, and he has a vision of a more "moderate islam" in his country...."

I don't think he has any meaningful interest in anything like a "moderate islam." He wants to be King; he wants to contain and eliminate dissent. The moderation line is for Jared.
Been there, done that

MBS wants to be a fair dictator

Reading is fundamental
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
seacoaster wrote:"....So why then if we all believe MBS wants to be King, and he has a vision of a more "moderate islam" in his country...."

Been there, done that

:lol: :lol: For someone that hates when others bring up Obama's name or a Clinton, you sure like to resurrect the past. Still waiting to hear your ideas on what should be done on this particular issue? Or shall we just look forward to another youtube clip. ;) Put yourself out there it's just a silly forum. ;)
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

Been there, done that

:lol: :lol: For someone that hates when others bring up Obama's name or a Clinton, you sure like to resurrect the past. Still waiting to hear your ideas on what should be done on this particular issue? Or shall we just look forward to another youtube clip. ;) Put yourself out there it's just a silly forum. ;)
The poin isn't Cheney. It's the long history of the region and the belief that the region that dates back to the beginning of civilization (Sumeria) will adopt our way of life. Jared Kushner knows best...I will find a clip. Thanks for the advice.

Reading is fundamental

Reading is fundamental

a little more perspective

Some of this is opinion and some is fact. For instance, a lot of religion is derivative. For a really good read, you should try the Mahabharata. Good philosophical lessons.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
youthathletics wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

Been there, done that

The poin isn't Cheney. It's the long history of the region and the belief that the region that dates back to the beginning of civilization (Sumeria) will adopt our way of life. Jared Kushner knows best...I will find a clip. Thanks for the advice.

Reading is fundamental

Reading is fundamental

Some of this is opinion and some is fact. For instance, a lot of religion is derivative. For a really good read, you should try the Mahabharata. Good philosophical lessons.
Almost seems like you agree with Sharia in totality and zero change for the region, maybe you are traditional practicing Muslim...that would make sense with your holding onto the past is clearly being the only way....and if so, I respect your belief.

However, as these women say....The Changing Face of Saudi Women
In a deeply conservative culture, they are carefully redefining the boundaries of public life.
Saudi Arabia is the world’s most gender-segregated nation, but amid changes now under way, multiple generations of women are debating how to be truly modern and truly Saudi.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
youthathletics wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

Been there, done that

Reading is fundamental

Reading is fundamental

Almost seems like you agree with Sharia in totality and zero change for the region, maybe you are traditional practicing Muslim...that would make sense with your holding onto the past is clearly being the only way....and if so, I respect your belief.

However, as these women say....The Changing Face of Saudi Women
In a deeply conservative culture, they are carefully redefining the boundaries of public life.
Saudi Arabia is the world’s most gender-segregated nation, but amid changes now under way, multiple generations of women are debating how to be truly modern and truly Saudi.
Where did you read what I “agree” with? BTW, I had some female friends from Iran that I went to school with. Your citation is old news. I learned those things in 1990 (re: Iran not SA)

Return to “POLITICS”