Sensible Gun Safety

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ABV 8.3%

Re: Sensible Gun Control

Post by ABV 8.3% »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:35 am Mental health, we all agree, is a big issue....so far the investment in studying mental health and guns has been pretty much nil. Thank you NRA.

When that ban is lifted and real money put forth, it will be clear the pols are serious.
Is the NRA really this powerful?

I wonder if the Lexington minuteman muster or grog infused meetings weeded out the discipline problems, if you know what I mean.
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
DMac

Post by DMac »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:35 am Mental health, we all agree, is a big issue....so far the investment in studying mental health and guns has been pretty much nil. Thank you NRA.

When that ban is lifted and real money put forth, it will be clear the pols are serious.
nil...yes. Isn't the real answer to repeal the Second Amendment and confiscate all guns?
With the stockpile of guns and ammo we have, isn't all the other talk just pizzin' in the wind in reality?
(really not trying to be an rump here)
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DMac wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:43 am

nil...yes. Isn't the real answer to repeal the Second Amendment and confiscate all guns?
With the stockpile of guns and ammo we have, isn't all the other talk just pizzin' in the wind in reality?
Nobody has talked about repealing the second amendment.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Never suggested they did, I'm just asking a question.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

As a gun owner, I hope there is a sensible path forward....2nd, as we all know, isn't absolute, so we have to believe that reasonable people can make reasonable concessions.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:43 am

Is the NRA really this powerful? IMO, yes. A purely partisan group that has gotten far afield of it's original mission...

I wonder if the Lexington minuteman muster or grog infused meetings weeded out the discipline problems, if you know what I mean.
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:08 am Never suggested they did, I'm just asking a question.
We have a constitutional right to own a gun. I don't believe anyone will sign up for banning all guns. It is not unreasonable to make it more difficult for people to buy military style weapons, or to provide an incentive to turn some in (a buyback program). These would be steps toward changing the gun culture that we have in this country. No other country has as many senseless gun killings than we do and I am not counting mass shootings. Why anyone needs a device that will allow them to fire off 100 rounds is beyond me. I am not into guns but I don't have a problem with people that are.
DMac

Post by DMac »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:18 am

As a gun owner, I hope there is a sensible path forward....2nd, as we all know, isn't absolute, so we have to believe that reasonable people can make reasonable concessions.
Yes, however, to date there's not much of that though.
What reasonable person thinks they have the right to own a machine gun?
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

DMac wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:36 am
foreverlax wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:18 am

Yes, however, to date there's not much of that though.Agreed...I orignially typed "believe", but hope is more practical.

What reasonable person thinks they have the right to own a machine gun?NRA contributors :roll:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The problem is not the amendment. The problem is not even Scalia's convoluted interpretation of the amendment (ignoring words that don't fit his wished for interpretation). The problem is the chicken turd politicians. Guns and human beings don't mix under the influence of some catalysts. Whipped up hate; some mind and mood altering drugs; uncontrolled and unreasonable financial profit; etc. Recent studies are showing that mental illness and gun aggression is a canard. The its a mental illness issue is just one more lie being propagated by the gun industry and their lackies.

It's the mentally ill; its the video games; its the anything but guns and humans. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:21 am
DMac wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:08 am Never suggested they did, I'm just asking a question.
We have a constitutional right to own a gun. I don't believe anyone will sign up for banning all guns. It is not unreasonable to make it more difficult for people to buy military style weapons, or to provide an incentive to turn some in (a buyback program). These would be steps toward changing the gun culture that we have in this country. No other country has as many senseless gun killings than we do and I am not counting mass shootings. Why anyone needs a device that will allow them to fire off 100 rounds is beyond me. I am not into guns but I don't have a problem with people that are.
This guy makes a good case for why he owns an AR-15.
https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/08/ ... than-ever/
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:41 pm
Epstein makes a good case for why he likes little girls

:roll:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:55 pm

...been watching American Beauty again, have you ?

You might live the the same neighborhood as David French.
Don't get caught in the crossfire when the White Nationalists come for him.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:09 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:55 pm

...been watching American Beauty again, have you ?

You might live the the same neighborhood as David French.
Don't get caught in the crossfire when the White Nationalists come for him.
I'll keep on the lookout. Thanks.
Typical Lax Dad

Deplorable bus at WPAFB today. Old buddy was leaving as bus rolled in..... Deplorable drove over from Indiana.... what a fan.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Super-jacked Trump brandishing a rifle. I imagine they brought hand creme, too.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
old salt

Post by old salt »

Deceptive headline, contradicted in the text of the article :
Because Obama pursued the policy involving the SSA through regulation, however, Congress had an easy time overturning it once Trump assumed the White House. Thanks to a special legislative tool called the Congressional Review Act, Republicans undid more than a dozen regulations that had been finalized late in Obama’s second term.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:28 pm
Because Obama pursued the policy involving the SSA through regulation, however, Congress had an easy time overturning it once Trump assumed the White House. Thanks to a special legislative tool called the Congressional Review Act, Republicans undid more than a dozen regulations that had been finalized late in Obama’s second term.
At least he provided it unaltered. ;)
old salt

Post by old salt »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:12 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:28 pm
At least he provided it unaltered. ;)
You can't alter a link.
I provide the link for anything I excerpt.

Return to “POLITICS”