NCAC 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
SKUD

Re: NCAC 2024

Post by SKUD »

You say Ohio is better than Maine, guess you are from the midwest.
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

TopperLax82 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:15 pmGranville is 10x nicer than Lewiston, ME, and Denison is a lot better than Bates. If Sal was offered the job and turned it down the situation at Denison doesn't look good. Bates is in a huge rebuild. I know they are emphasizing lacrosse and rebuilding the program. The lure of NESCAC is real.
Town versus town, or campus versus campus? I’ve never been to Granville OH, but I can view the Denison campus online enough to know Bates takes it hands down. Bates lacrosse isn’t what it was pre-COVID, but you’re right that lacrosse is being emphasized, and have the right guy in Annino. Koch is good, but it really doesn’t matter if his resources and capabilities are being slashed at every turn. Come to Bates, you won’t regret it.
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

I'm sorry, but I take offense to that. Claiming that Ohio is better than Maine DOES NOT mean you're from the Midwest.
It means you're from Ohio!
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
twohandsonestick

Post by twohandsonestick »

choochooCharlie wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:00 am
TopperLax82 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:15 pmGranville is 10x nicer than Lewiston, ME, and Denison is a lot better than Bates. If Sal was offered the job and turned it down the situation at Denison doesn't look good. Bates is in a huge rebuild. I know they are emphasizing lacrosse and rebuilding the program. The lure of NESCAC is real.
Town versus town, or campus versus campus? I’ve never been to Granville OH, but I can view the Denison campus online enough to know Bates takes it hands down. Bates lacrosse isn’t what it was pre-COVID, but you’re right that lacrosse is being emphasized, and have the right guy in Annino. Koch is good, but it really doesn’t matter if his resources and capabilities are being slashed at every turn. Come to Bates, you won’t regret it.
Denison takes it over Bates 10/10 times both campus and town. The lacrosse program has a dedicated state of the art lacrosse stadium facility that rivals most D1 programs. The campus overall is 10x the size of Bates and offers nicer/newer amenities plus a second to none athletic center. Its also 30 mins away from Columbus a fairly large city with OSU etc. Bates has an hour drive to Portland – for sure a cool town in the 2 months the students are in school there.

That said the NESCAC of course has its draws and Denison’s AD has made consistently atrocious decisions when it comes to prioritizing the school’s best athletic program.
Prepschoolkid

Post by Prepschoolkid »

Funny story I heard from some younger players at denison is that when Caravana retired infront of the team Nan was there "crying" in the back about how much she was going to miss him.... HA. Crying for joy because she can now tank the program and not get any pushback. Denison is trying to become a NESCAC academically but will never reach the caliber athletically because of the people at the top in the athletic department.

The new lacrosse/soccer facility was originally supposed to be for lacrosse ONLY. That probably hurt the garbage programs feelings and it was converted to both soccer and lacrosse. It really is sad to see such a proud alumni group turn on its school because of the decisions they have made. No communication, no appreciation for the past, no winning.

I am officially a Kenyon Owl fan now until changes are made in Granville. Your call Koch (I know you read the forums)
choochooCharlie

twohandsonestick wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:29 am
choochooCharlie wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:00 am. Come to Bates, you won’t regret it.
Denison takes it over Bates 10/10 times both campus and town. The lacrosse program has a dedicated state of the art lacrosse stadium facility
*Lacrosse and Soccer stadium*

You decide-
Bates

Denison
Prepschoolkid

Post by Prepschoolkid »

Hey Choochoocharlie please choo choo out of our forum. I am here to talk lacrosse... not random pictures from the internet. Stick to your pretentious NESCAC group and dont come back unless you want to cheer on the Kenyon Owls.
twohandsonestick

choochooCharlie wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 1:46 pm
twohandsonestick wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:29 am
choochooCharlie wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:00 am. Come to Bates, you won’t regret it.
Denison takes it over Bates 10/10 times both campus and town. The lacrosse program has a dedicated state of the art lacrosse stadium facility
*Lacrosse and Soccer stadium*

You decide-
Bates

Denison
Bet you had to dig hard for that second photo. Meanwhile Bates looks like a prison camp where New Englanders send away their chronically annoying liberal kids
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

SKUD wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:50 am You say Ohio is better than Maine, guess you are from the midwest.
It never ceases to amaze me how readily people are willing to expose their ignorance. Whether it be misspelling a college they are bashing, or opining about campuses they have never visited.

Here’s some facts …. Denison and Kenyon (2 Ohio schools) on the same most beautiful campuses list as Stanford, Pepperdine, Norte Dame and Duke. To name a few widely accepted beautiful U.S. college campuses. I don’t see Bates (or any school in Maine) on the list or any other NESCAC school. Eastern bias on full display but also on display is ignorance.

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-c ... es?slide=2
TopperLax82

Post by TopperLax82 »

Exactly. Having spent time in both Ohio and New England, I can promise New England, New England is amazing. But Columbus is 30 minutes from Granville, and Lewiston is a good 2.5 hours to anywhere as I recall.
choochooCharlie

Prepschoolkid wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 2:08 pm Hey Choochoocharlie please choo choo out of our forum. I am here to talk lacrosse... not random pictures from the internet. Stick to your pretentious NESCAC group and dont come back unless you want to cheer on the Kenyon Owls.
Trust me, the Lords already have my support. I’m a ‘CAC homer, land of the original “Lord to non-threatening animal mascot” transition.
Last edited by choochooCharlie on Fri Jul 26, 2024 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
choochooCharlie

TopperLax82 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 3:05 pm
Exactly. Having spent time in both Ohio and New England, I can promise New England, New England is amazing. But Columbus is 30 minutes from Granville, and Lewiston is a good 2.5 hours to anywhere as I recall.
What is it with this infatuation with Columbus? Who cares that it’s 30 min away. I’ve never heard of someone traveling in order to visit there, what’s the deal?
choochooCharlie

Nosey Ned wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 2:43 pm
SKUD wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:50 am You say Ohio is better than Maine, guess you are from the midwest.
It never ceases to amaze me how readily people are willing to expose their ignorance. Whether it be misspelling a college they are bashing, or opining about campuses they have never visited.

Here’s some facts …. Denison and Kenyon (2 Ohio schools) on the same most beautiful campuses list as Stanford, Pepperdine, Norte Dame and Duke. To name a few widely accepted beautiful U.S. college campuses. I don’t see Bates (or any school in Maine) on the list or any other NESCAC school. Eastern bias on full display but also on display is ignorance.

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-c ... es?slide=2
Here’s a fact jack: beauty is in the eye of the beholder. (Someone out there even loves callaxdad). The big reasoning given for Denison to be on that alphabetical list is that they got some “Green star environmental award.” C’mon guy, reducing your carbon footprint doesn’t make you more attractive (see any eco-warrior rally participant for proof).
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

Prepschoolkid - "our forum"? - You've been here two months. "pretentious"? pot? kettle?

Nosey -- "Norte"? - and immediately after a comment about misspelling colleges - haha?

Have a good weekend all.
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

WhiteCarrera wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 4:02 pm Prepschoolkid - "our forum"? - You've been here two months. "pretentious"? pot? kettle?

Nosey -- "Norte"? - and immediately after a comment about misspelling colleges - haha?

Have a good weekend all.
HAHAHA - good one! Busted! I guess I fall in to the pool of fools with the rest of them! I need to get off this forum - will turn your brain to mush.

The FACT remains, Denison and Kenyon are listed with 18 other schools and Bates is not. Granville and Denison are beautiful settings and US News agrees!

and btw White …. Neither is Wabash! Have a great weekend!

GO BIG RED
TopperLax82

Post by TopperLax82 »

choochooCharlie wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 3:46 pm
TopperLax82 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 3:05 pm
What is it with this infatuation with Columbus? Who cares that it’s 30 min away. I’ve never heard of someone traveling in order to visit there, what’s the deal?

Of course no one does - unless you're going to an Ohio State football game.

But it's D3. D3 academic school. There's a fine line between all those schools, and if the academics are largely the same, and you're choosing between winning at Denison and being able to go party at a tailgate at OSU, and going to Bates, in the middle of nowhere Maine, with a program struggling, what's an 18 year old to do? So yeah, it makes a difference - that's why those schools have vans that take kids into Columbus to party.
twohandsonestick

Lets leave the bottom of the barrel, NESCAC groupies out of it.. time to get back to business.

Anyone want to take a stab at "way to early" NCAC expectations this coming season? Kenyon obviously on the rise, is OWU declining (although they have a talented young team), Denison is likely the favorite (despite all the troubles mentioned all too much above) and the addition of JC is great for the conference to have a quality new team in the mix
oldtimelax

Post by oldtimelax »

twohandsonestick wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:32 pm Lets leave the bottom of the barrel, NESCAC groupies out of it.. time to get back to business.

Anyone want to take a stab at "way to early" NCAC expectations this coming season? Kenyon obviously on the rise, is OWU declining (although they have a talented young team), Denison is likely the favorite (despite all the troubles mentioned all too much above) and the addition of JC is great for the conference to have a quality new team in the mix
It's a long way to February, and I would never NOT put Denison in the first spot, based on their dominance since 2018, BUT.....they definitely lost the most talent in graduation. Looking at the All-NCAC teams, the Big Red graduated six -- first teamers Fisher(A), Crowley(D), Vance (M), Sload (DM), and second/third teamers O'Neill(LSM) and Kay(A). Returning are five -- Quinson (A), Pellegrino (D), MacLean(FO), Albert (G), and Larson (FO).

Kenyon loses three -- Donaldson-Reed(D), Sikora (LSM) and Fulton (DM), but returns five -- Nelson (FO), Chintala (A), Heath (M), McCarren (M), and Hall (G).

OWU loses one -- Shaw (DM), but returns eight -- first teamers Beckstom (A), Ross (M), Silver (D), Fresolone (LSM), and George (G) and 2nd/3rd teamers G. Smith (M), Wolter (D) and Geier (A).

All three schools look like they have some quality incoming first year players from top schools. OWU also has some key players returning who lost some major playing time due to injuries -- Seigenthaler (A) and Weber (D). Also returning are top scorers like Spencer Amacher (first-team Academic All-American), Brady Hunt, and Joey Wiseman -- all former All-NCAC picks.

Not making any bold predictions...but OWU is NOT declining....don't sleep on the Bishops in 2025.
Last edited by oldtimelax on Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
d3maxlax

Post by d3maxlax »

twohandsonestick wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:32 pm Lets leave the bottom of the barrel, NESCAC groupies out of it.. time to get back to business.

Way too early (I may want to update in January):
1. Denison
2. Ohio Wesleyan
3. Kenyon
4. John Carroll
5. Wooster
6. Oberlin
7. Depauw
8. Wabash
9. Wittenberg

I could easily see Wooster/Oberlin swap with John Carroll. Given the incoming class at Depauw, I could also see them sneak into the top 5, but not the top 4.
oldtimelax

Post by oldtimelax »

d3maxlax wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:31 pm

Way too early (I may want to update in January):
1. Denison
2. Ohio Wesleyan
3. Kenyon
4. John Carroll
5. Wooster
6. Oberlin
7. Depauw
8. Wabash
9. Wittenberg

I could easily see Wooster/Oberlin swap with John Carroll. Given the incoming class at Depauw, I could also see them sneak into the top 5, but not the top 4.
I hope you have some inside info about this incoming class because Laxnumbers shows only eight newcomers....also Wittenberg beat Wabash by 15 goals last year and DePauw by four goals. I don't see them dropping to last place. I would keep them at 7th. No way DePauw is sneaking up to #5.

https://www.laxnumbers.com/team_info.ph ... =30165&s=2

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”