Syracuse 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Brooklyn

Re: Syracuse 2022

Post by Brooklyn »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:58 am
A solid lineup with deep bench. That's what we want for Cuse. Now let's hope the lines are well matched, a good game plan is set in place for each game, and that the injury bug is kept away.

One more thing: let's hope that the NCAA doesn't decide Cuse has violated any compliance regs. Will keep my fingers crossed ...

𝔾𝕠 𝕊𝕌❕
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

howdyyall wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:50 pm
InsiderRoll wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:38 pm
AreaLax wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:29 pm TD Ierlan named as volunteer coach for Syracuse
The whole story is a little interesting. As I understand it, Gary Gait had him hired as a full-time salaried and benefited position at Gait Lacrosse while simultaneously hiring him as the volunteer. He has a no show job with Gait lacrosse so that he can solely do the volunteer job. Effectively Gary Gait is paying salary and benefits for a volunteer. I understand a lot do this through camps (kind of) but this arrangement seems like a pretty obvious violation if correct.

Do you have a specific rule this is breaking? Gary would have to clear this hire thru compliance so if he’s working at Gait and as a volunteer, the presumption would be this has been looked at/cleared and thus no violation.
I wonder if the order helps. If TD was working for Gait Lacrosse before Gary was hired as the men's coach, then it looks a lot less like quid pro quo.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
DMac

Post by DMac »

But, Hoo, you don't think for one second that DP or GG, both of whom, as you well know, have many years of coaching experience in the world of NCAA lacrosse are going to put themselves in a precarious spot of "obvious violation" by doing something as dumb as what has been suggested, do you? As has been noted, there's a compliance officer at Cuse and I find it highly unlikely that Gary wouldn't check with him before making such a move. Frankly, I think InsiderRoll went on a bullschidter roll just to stir the pot and get people riled up.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

DMac wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:14 am But, Hoo, you don't think for one second that DP or GG, both of whom, as you well know, have many years of coaching experience in the world of NCAA lacrosse are going to put themselves in a precarious spot of "obvious violation"
I dunno, one of Petro's final acts as head coach at Hopkins was literally overseeing a program-wide financial aid violation. And I don't think we need to get into the Gait family's history of NCAA infractions. ;)
DMac

Post by DMac »

Another bullschitder coming on to stir the pot, and you just knew someone would take the cheap shot.
Neither of the Gaits have a history of knowingly violating NCAA regs, your dig is better suited directed
at Simmie and if you ever sat down and talked with him about the whole deal you might have a different
opinion about the violation.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

DMac wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:47 am Another bullschitder coming on to stir the pot, and you just knew someone would take the cheap shot.
Neither of the Gaits have a history of knowingly violating NCAA regs, your dig is better suited directed
at Simmie and if you ever sat down and talked with him about the whole deal you might have a different
Relax
DMac

Post by DMac »

I'm good, 16, don't you worry about me, brotha.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

DMac wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:14 am But, Hoo, you don't think for one second that DP or GG, both of whom, as you well know, have many years of coaching experience in the world of NCAA lacrosse are going to put themselves in a precarious spot of "obvious violation" by doing something as dumb as what has been suggested, do you? As has been noted, there's a compliance officer at Cuse and I find it highly unlikely that Gary wouldn't check with him before making such a move. Frankly, I think InsiderRoll went on a bullschidter roll just to stir the pot and get people riled up.
Yes, I agree. I was just spitballing on one possible way the compliance department may have gotten comfortable with the situation.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

DMac wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:47 am Another bullschitder coming on to stir the pot, and you just knew someone would take the cheap shot.
Yeah not a hater, just saying I’ve heard this from multiple sources. A compliance department may have reviewed it and said it is the same as a coach paying a volunteer from his LLC Camp. IDK? I’m just saying it is a shady way of paying a volunteer. Compliance departments also self mandate and self report. If Syracuse doesn’t feel it’s against the rules then they won’t report, other compliance departments may interpret the rule differently and chose not to approve it. I’ve worked in a Power 5 athletic department? Have you?
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

HooDat wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:50 am
AreaLax wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:29 pm TD Ierlan named as volunteer coach for Syracuse
The whole story is a little interesting. As I understand it, Gary Gait had him hired as a full-time salaried and benefited position at Gait Lacrosse while simultaneously hiring him as the volunteer. He has a no show job with Gait lacrosse so that he can solely do the volunteer job. Effectively Gary Gait is paying salary and benefits for a volunteer. I understand a lot do this through camps (kind of) but this arrangement seems like a pretty obvious violation if correct.

Do you have a specific rule this is breaking? Gary would have to clear this hire thru compliance so if he’s working at Gait and as a volunteer, the presumption would be this has been looked at/cleared and thus no violation.
I wonder if the order helps. If TD was working for Gait Lacrosse before Gary was hired as the men's coach, then it looks a lot less like quid pro quo.
That probably does help, a lot.
CrazyPeople

Post by CrazyPeople »

InsiderRoll wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:55 am
HooDat wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:50 am

That probably does help, a lot.
Which could explain why it's taken so long to announce his hire at 'Cuse, although the entire lacrosse world has known he was going to be the volunteer since June.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ok, i'll join the nonsense. was there any announcement anywhere of ierlan working at gait lacrosse?
not that there needs to be, but given he may be a marketing tool in some way, you'd think there might be.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Hopfan That sim you made is libelous eso given its untrue. Hopkins has someone charged with compliance. Seems apparent it is a compliance failure. Never woukd have happened with Calder.
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Maybe take the chance disguising and dressing him for games.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

OCanada wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:21 pm Hopfan That sim you made is libelous
LOL. It's libelous to say Petro oversaw a financial aid violation? Somebody better sue the NCAA!

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/me ... e-programs
The parties agreed that the men's lacrosse head coach worked with multiple student-athletes and/or their families to reduce their scholarships, resulting in the school not providing 12 student-athletes with a written notification of the reductions to their scholarships or information about a hearing opportunity. The school also did not have an established hearing process available to student-athletes whose scholarships were reduced or canceled, which is required under NCAA rules.
Not sure you want to play the "never would have happened under the old AD" game considering some of the stuff that did go on under him.

This was a small violation—was meant as a joke but clearly certain parties are incapable of admitting the previous staff ever made mistakes.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:29 pm
OCanada wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:21 pm Hopfan That sim you made is libelous
LOL. It's libelous to say Petro oversaw a financial aid violation? Somebody better sue the NCAA!

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/me ... e-programs
The parties agreed that the men's lacrosse head coach worked with multiple student-athletes and/or their families to reduce their scholarships, resulting in the school not providing 12 student-athletes with a written notification of the reductions to their scholarships or information about a hearing opportunity. The school also did not have an established hearing process available to student-athletes whose scholarships were reduced or canceled, which is required under NCAA rules.
Not sure you want to play the "never would have happened under the old AD" game considering some of the stuff that did go on under him.

This was a small violation—was meant as a joke but clearly certain parties are incapable of admitting the previous staff ever made mistakes.
OCanada’s remarks are incredibly off the mark. Petro had nearly a quarter century of head coaching experience. He had to know the rules. It’s a clear violation of the rules. Can’t put this completely on “compliance” or the AD. Indeed, it’s absolutely absurd to do so.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Hopfan you write crap about topics you know nothing about. Its just BS.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

OCanada wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:58 pm Hopfan you write crap about topics you know nothing about. Its just BS.
I literally just linked to the NCAA website
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

You and 51% literally misrepresented facts. What i am unsure of is whether you lied or just gave way to base impulse.

The NCAA states the problem began in academic year 2016/2017. Tom Calder announced his change of position in January 2016. Academic year 2015/2016. The issue is the failure of the successor. Has any AD ever served a shorter term than she did.

BTW at one time in his career TC worked in NCAA compliance and was always meticulous about it knowing the place lax played at Hopkins.

Let me help you .. quoting the NCAA

During the spring and summer of 2020, the institution discovered that multiple Division I financial aid violations occurred during the 2016-17 through 2019-20 academic years.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:50 am
Relax
You added an "S" to violation.......assuming you meant multiple ?

Dude......plenty of well hidden dirt on the Homewood homies. Rolling suspensions, DUI's.......drug test failures........all down in "charm" city...HUN.

man.....relax
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”