2021 Schedule News

D1 Mens Lacrosse
AreaLax

Re: 2021 Schedule News

Post by AreaLax »

Quinnipiac's scheduled game at Marist on Saturday, March 13 has been postponed.

Saturday's game between Towson and Hofstra has been moved up to 𝟏𝟐:𝟎𝟎 𝐩.𝐦.

Saturday's game with Mount St. Mary's has been postponed due to COVID-19 related issues within the Bryant program.

The game will be rescheduled for May 1st at 12:00 p.m.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Denver vs Georgetown game moved to Tuesday at 12:30 p.m. MT
colbulmad

Post by colbulmad »

Colgate @ Army ppd
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Towson vs Hofstra have been postponed due to a positive COVID-19 test within the Hofstra athletic programs.

UMBC men's lacrosse has paused team activities due to COVID-19 protocols and the contest at Binghamton on Saturday, March 13 has been postponed.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Wagner will now host Bryant on Sunday, March 21st

Lehigh is looking for an opponent this weekend (Our @PatriotLeague bye weekend). Let us know if you want to play ball.
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

Hofstra Men's Lacrosse
@HofstraMLAX

🚨𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐃𝐔𝐋𝐄 𝐔𝐏𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐒🚨

🆚 Fairfield ➡ Friday, March 26 - 7 p.m.
🆚 UMass ➡ Friday, April 9 - 5 p.m.
🆚 Towson ➡ Tuesday, April 13 - 12 p.m.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

DU-fan wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:44 am Hofstra Men's Lacrosse
@HofstraMLAX

🚨𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐃𝐔𝐋𝐄 𝐔𝐏𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐒🚨

🆚 Fairfield ➡ Friday, March 26 - 7 p.m.
🆚 UMass ➡ Friday, April 9 - 5 p.m.
🆚 Towson ➡ Tuesday, April 13 - 12 p.m.
The Hofstra game against Syracuse is off also,

chances of rescheduling that, nil ?
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Cuse will play Holy Cross 3/20
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

AreaLax wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:09 pm Cuse will play Holy Cross 3/20
interesting they didn't want lehigh.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:14 pm
As a fan, I would love to see a match up with Mountain Hawks. If Cuse wasn't meeting Duke a few days later, maybe they're playing? From a coaching POV, perhaps it makes more sense to accept a less stressful challenge (not meant to offend HC) considering the Duke game. What would Slugger do? Also, do we know how early SU was talking with Holy Cross and how far along they were in discussions before Lehigh came calling?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

tech37 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:40 pm
As a fan, I would love to see a match up with Mountain Hawks. If Cuse wasn't meeting Duke a few days later, maybe they're playing? From a coaching POV, perhaps it makes more sense to accept a less stressful challenge (not meant to offend HC) considering the Duke game. What would Slugger do? Also, do we know how early SU was talking with Holy Cross and how far along they were in discussions before Lehigh came calling?
it's 5 days later, not a few. lehigh was always on bye week.
might turn out to be no problemo. it's at least possible cuse could use a signature ooc win that's not on their schedule. tbd, they took the crusaders.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

This reeks of Desko being worried that they might lose. In a year where marquee OOC wins are hard to come by, they get a great opportunity for one—probably their only one of the season now that they've lost to Army—and they don't take it? Don't you want to be as "battle tested" as possible before getting to the meat of the ACC schedule? I don't really see a downside. I suspect Syracuse won't have too much trouble getting into the tournament either way but it seems to me that on balance, playing Lehigh instead of Holy Cross would a) make the Orange a better team in the long run and b) boost their at-large resume chances. Not to mention that prior to playing Duke I'd want to understand as much as possible about my strengths and weaknesses especially that it's still in the first half of the season. Lehigh might help in that regard—but Holy Cross is not going to tell them anything they didn't already know.
Last edited by HopFan16 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:12 pm
might turn out to be no problemo. it's at least possible cuse could use a signature ooc win that's not on their schedule. tbd, they took the crusaders.
Again, did Lehigh come late to the party? If so, it may not have been SU's choosing HC instead of Lehigh. What do you say to HC?... we have a better offer from a better team but nice talking to you?

It's still early but as far as a sig OOC win, Vermont may end up being a better win than if SU hypothetically beats Lehigh.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:22 pm This reeks of Desko being worried that they might lose. In a year where marquee OOC wins are hard to come by, they get a great opportunity for one—probably their only one of the season now that they've lost to Army—and they don't take it? Don't you want to be as "battle tested" as possible before getting to the meat of the ACC schedule? I don't really see a downside. I suspect Syracuse won't have too much trouble getting into the tournament either way but it seems to me that on balance, playing Lehigh instead of Holy Cross would a) make the Orange a better team in the long run and b) boost their at-large resume chances. Not to mention that prior to playing Duke I'd want to understand as much as possible about my strengths and weaknesses especially that it's still in the first half of the season. Lehigh might help in that regard—but Holy Cross is not going to tell them anything they didn't already know.
Your post reeks of typical Hopkin's fan thinking.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

tech37 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:26 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:22 pm This reeks of Desko being worried that they might lose. In a year where marquee OOC wins are hard to come by, they get a great opportunity for one—probably their only one of the season now that they've lost to Army—and they don't take it? Don't you want to be as "battle tested" as possible before getting to the meat of the ACC schedule? I don't really see a downside. I suspect Syracuse won't have too much trouble getting into the tournament either way but it seems to me that on balance, playing Lehigh instead of Holy Cross would a) make the Orange a better team in the long run and b) boost their at-large resume chances. Not to mention that prior to playing Duke I'd want to understand as much as possible about my strengths and weaknesses especially that it's still in the first half of the season. Lehigh might help in that regard—but Holy Cross is not going to tell them anything they didn't already know.
What, logic? Reason? What's wrong about that thinking?

You don't think it's possible Desko wanted an easier game?

In this pandemic, the name of the game is adaptability. Schedules change on a dime, as we've seen, and teams have to adapt. You don't know that there was any kind of agreement with Holy Cross, and even if there were, that wouldn't necessarily prevent Cuse from taking another opportunity if it quickly presented itself, as this did. As of yesterday, no team had made any schedule announcements, and we knew then that Lehigh was interested in playing Syracuse.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

tech37 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:23 pm
Again, did Lehigh come late to the party? If so, it may not have been SU's choosing HC instead of Lehigh. What do you say to HC?... we have a better offer from a better team but nice talking to you?

It's still early but as far as a sig OOC win, Vermont may end up being a better win than if SU hypothetically beats Lehigh.
the patriot will finish as the #2 conference in all likelihood and they are 2 and oh with one blowout against what might be a decent team and one win vs the typical class of the conference.

you go with what you know. lehigh was on bye. cuse went with hc.

maybe desko feels he knows the nc$$ calculus better for his team, maybe he's not concerned with the calculus.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:29 pm

In this pandemic, the name of the game is adaptability. Schedules change on a dime, as we've seen, and teams have to adapt. You don't know that there was any kind of agreement with Holy Cross, and even if there were, that wouldn't necessarily prevent Cuse from taking another opportunity if it quickly presented itself, as this did. As of yesterday, no team had made any schedule announcements, and we knew then that Lehigh was interested in playing Syracuse.
It's redundant thinking, that's what's wrong. It's already been discussed that the coaches may have decided on an easier opponent prior to playing Duke. Nothing wrong with that except that as a fan I'd prefer to see them play Lehigh. I simply raised another possibility. Asked a question in regards to timing.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:36 pm
tech37 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:23 pm

the patriot will finish as the #2 conference in all likelihood and they are 2 and oh with one blowout against what might be a decent team and one win vs the typical class of the conference.

you go with what you know. lehigh was on bye. cuse went with hc.

maybe desko feels he knows the nc$$ calculus better for his team, maybe he's not concerned with the calculus.
Maybe he's just really focused on beating Duke.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

tech37 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:42 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:29 pm

It's redundant thinking, that's what's wrong. It's already been discussed that the coaches may have decided on an easier opponent prior to playing Duke. Nothing wrong with that except that as a fan I'd prefer to see them play Lehigh. I simply raised another possibility. Asked a question in regards to timing.
Redundant because I don't necessarily subscribe to your assumption that the Syracuse coaching staff already decided on an easier opponent? How do you know that's true? Even if it is true—it kind of supports the thesis that Desko prefers an easy game, doesn't it? I disagree with that kind of thinking, as I think playing a stronger opponent would benefit the Orange down the line.
Antonio114

Post by Antonio114 »

As a Cuse fan I just sort of have faith in the reasoning of the staff. I trust that, given the decades of experience etc, the thinking behind this goes deeper than "ooo Lehigh good me no want to lose Im scaaaared I want my mommy." Hop fans will think that is the case just on principle. I would jab the Hop staff in similar ways if the situation came up for them. That being said, obviously would prefer we were playing Lehigh this weekend as opposed to Holy Cross, simply from a fan's perspective. On thing that comes to mind is that Phaup is our one truly good FOGO with Varello struggling under the new rules, and we are already currently putting him through the wringer. Do we want to put our one good FOGO into another mammoth faceoff battle against the elite Lehigh guys right before one of the most important games of the season, or do we want him relatively fresh with some chances for Varello Garlow and Savage to continue developing? I understand the mindset of beat duke, as it could be a ticket to the tourney unless we manage to lose the rest of our ACC games after it or something.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”