School Closings

General Chatter
CU88

Re: School Closings

Post by CU88 »

by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
RedIvy

Post by RedIvy »

The economic impact of the Corona Virus is going to be tremendous as is being reflected in the markets. Taking these actions should reduce the number of people who’s health and lives are impacted as well as reduce the time to get us to an economic recovery period. It’s not about lacrosse, college class, team championships or personal records, it’s about global health and positioning the nation for economic recovery as quickly as possible. History is being made and I wonder how those who complained about lacrosse being canceled might look back on their reactions in the future.
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

VMI lacrosse canx next four games through Mar 29th then will re-evaluate remaining sked.
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

Dip&Dunk wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:31 pm VMI lacrosse canx next four games through Mar 29th then will re-evaluate remaining sked.
You posted this a full 2 hours after the NCAA announced the cancellation of all remaining winter and spring events>?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

skipjacks3 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:18 pm
fatherof2 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:13 pm
skipjacks3 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:05 pm
CU77 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:54 pm
HooDat wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:59 amOnline learning works just fine, for those who are self motivated.
So does learning from books. But we don't just hand kids a bunch of books and tell them to go learn. There is a reason for that.
Handed a lot of loan debt and tell them to go work it off though.
Nobody is handed loan debt. loan debt has to be applied for. ;)
Try defaulting on that student loan debt. Must be why it's so hard to get denied.
i'm confused. are you saying young adults in higher education are too dumb to understand the concept of borrowing money?
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

I know this is more serious than college lacrosse. However Seniors are posting their feelings all over social media. Shock, sadness, pride, brotherhood, reflections, thankfulness. They now will be forced to go home without any of the spring senior year activities it is so sad for all of them.
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

ICGrad wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:58 pm
Dip&Dunk wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:31 pm VMI lacrosse canx next four games through Mar 29th then will re-evaluate remaining sked.
You posted this a full 2 hours after the NCAA announced the cancellation of all remaining winter and spring events>?
NCAA did not cancel all sporting events. Read the announcement. It canceled the championships. If I am wrong show me the announcement. Further, from the team posting, this is a SOCON policy, not a VMI or NCAA policy.
Young Warrior

Post by Young Warrior »

Dip&Dunk wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:21 pm
NCAA did not cancel all sporting events. Read the announcement. It canceled the championships. If I am wrong show me the announcement. Further, from the team posting, this is a SOCON policy, not a VMI or NCAA policy.
You are taking the quote too literally - seasons are over for everything
takeaway

Post by takeaway »

War's over man. Wormer dropped the big one.
socalref

Post by socalref »

From my son's coach, "This afternoon, the NCAA suspended competition and practice across all Intercollegiate sports. Winter, Spring and out of season fall. For us, that means that all lacrosse activity will cease immediately and indefinitely."
smmtiger

Post by smmtiger »

takeaway wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:44 pm
War's over man. Wormer dropped the big one.
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Let him go, he's on a roll.
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

https://soconsports.com/news/2020/3/12/ ... ch-30.aspx.

Here you go. Call them up and argue.
Chuckman

Post by Chuckman »

Feels almost like waiting on a Hurricane. Everyone knows its coming , but not exactly where and what will be outcome.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

xxxxxxx wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:09 pm I know this is more serious than college lacrosse. However Seniors are posting their feelings all over social media. Shock, sadness, pride, brotherhood, reflections, thankfulness. They now will be forced to go home without any of the spring senior year activities it is so sad for all of them.
True, and for all those affected.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Young Warrior wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:42 pm
ŕ
You are taking the quote too literally - seasons are over for everything
i watched a bit of the frostburg / fla southern game tonite.
sure, unless there's a complete reversal mar 29 has a snowball's chance, but still...
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

American's loved their freedom, and their sports...
This week, our freedom of choice, and our favorite diversion, of sports , were taken away from us...

In many cases our freedom to assemble, freedom of religion are also infringed upon...

America must make a choice- Freedom, or ( the perception of) Guaranteed safety...
...sorry folks, but we can't have both ...
a fan

Post by a fan »

Apparently you didn't notice, but...to cite a few examples from this very thread, the Ivy League CHOSE to cancel games. Hopkins CHOSE to halt the DIII Basketball Tourney.

The NBA CHOSE to shut down. So did the NHL. Free market principles. All private businesses. They CHOSE to protect their assets, and deal with the financial consequences.

No one forced them to do that.

If you want to play a game of pickup lax in any State of our Union? No one is stopping you.
Realguy

Post by Realguy »

Dip&Dunk wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:58 pm https://soconsports.com/news/2020/3/12/ ... ch-30.aspx.

NCAA Final Four VMI vs Mecer and Bellarmine vs Jacksonville..... YAY Sick Tourney Bro
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

Realguy wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:09 am
Dip&Dunk wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:58 pm https://soconsports.com/news/2020/3/12/ ... ch-30.aspx.

NCAA Final Four VMI vs Mecer and Bellarmine vs Jacksonville..... YAY Sick Tourney Bro
I have made it to “bro” status. So proud.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Not sure if guys like Carc, Ty Xanders, Booker, QK, Mark Dixon, et al read these fan pages.

So, I just wanted to say that we (the fans) are also thinking of you guys. Though lacrosse is simply one of my passions, this game is your livelihood and this must be brutal for you guys. I have enjoyed your analysis, your writing, your productions, and generally take it all for granted. I mean, I hate that QK snubs my Hounds in his weekly polls, but that's all in the past now. ;)

I hope your employers do the right thing and pay you while this season ends prematurely. If not, someone let us know and maybe we do something as fans to help these guys out. I want those same analysts back here next year covering the games, conferences, writing twitter updates.

All in this together even when we think we aren't. Let me know how to help.

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”