~~The MIAA “A” 2021~~

HS Boys Lacrosse
kramerica.inc

Re: ~The MIAA “A” 2020~

Post by kramerica.inc »

No clue.

But the full schedule was sent out by MIAA Athletic Directors and included Lee Dove.

Now Cottle and Petrimala's business endeavor, LSG, is hosting and actively advertising the MIAA lacrosse semifinals and championships:

https://www.miaachampionships.com/
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Info trickling out. Found this on another website:

Week 1
Tues, March 23

Gilman @ Calvert Hall
John Carroll @ St. Mary's
Mt. St. Joe @ McDonogh
Loyola @ Boys' Latin
Severn @ Spalding
St. Paul's Bye
Slim

Post by Slim »

Love that Loyola @ BL opener match-up between Coach Ubriaco and Coach Farrell! Let's Go!!
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Week 2
Tues, March 30

Gilman @ Loyola
McDonogh @ St. Mary's
Boys' Latin @ Severn
John Carroll @ Calvert Hall
St. Paul's @ Mt. St. Joe
Spalding Bye

Week 3
Tues, April 6

Severn @ Mt. St. Joe
St. Mary's @ Loyola
Boys' Latin @ McDonogh
Spalding @ St. Paul's
Gilman @ John Carroll
Calvert Hall Bye

Fri, April 9

McDonogh @ Spalding
Mt. St. Joe @ Loyola
John Carroll @ Boys' Latin
St. Paul's @ Severn
Calvert Hall @ St. Mary's
Gilman Bye
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
kramerica.inc

Re: ~~The MIAA “A” 2021~~

Post by kramerica.inc »

Week 4
Tues, April 13

Loyola @ St. Paul's
Calvert Hall @ Mt. St. Joe
Boys' Latin @ Gilman
Spalding @ John Carroll
Severn @ McDonogh
St. Mary's Bye

Fri, April 16

St. Paul's @ Calvert Hall
Mt. St. Joe @ St. Mary's
McDonogh @ Loyola
Gilman @ Spalding
Severn @ John Carroll
Boys' Latin Bye

Week 5
Fri, April 23

Spalding @ Boys' Latin
Loyola @ John Carroll
Calvert Hall @ McDonogh
Severn @ Gilman
St. Mary's @ St. Paul's
Mt. St. Joe Bye

Week 6 
Fri, April 30

Spalding @ Loyola
John Carroll @ Mt. St. Joe
McDonogh @ St. Paul's
Boys' Latin @ Calvert Hall
St. Mary's @ Gilman
Severn Bye

Last edited by kramerica.inc on Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Week7
Tues, May 4

St. Mary's @ Boys' Latin
Calvert Hall @ Spalding
Loyola @ Severn
St. Paul's @ John Carroll
Mt. St. Joe @ Gilman
McDonogh Bye

Fri, May 7
John Carroll @ McDonogh
Calvert Hall @ Severn
Spalding @ St. Mary's
Boys' Latin @ Mt. St. Joe
Gilman @ St. Paul's
Loyola Bye

Week 8
Tues, May 11

St. Mary’s @ Severn
St. Paul’s @ Boys’ Latin
Mt. St. Joe @ Spalding
McDonogh @ Gilman
Loyola @ Calvert Hall
John Carroll Bye

Playoffs! 
Fri, May 14
Quarterfinals at Higher Seed
#5  vs  #4
#6  vs  #3
#1  &  #2  - Byes

Tues, May 18
Semifinals
Winner of 5/4  vs  #1
Winner of 6/3  vs  #2

Fri, May 21
Championship
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Hearing that Severn and BL have opted out of winter sports. Hoping they don’t do the same for the spring.
Slim

Post by Slim »

Severn I can see. No way the Lakers EVER opt out of lacrosse season. That's the school's identity and sole passion. BL will be playing this spring///bet on it!
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

Slim wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:51 am Severn I can see. No way the Lakers EVER opt out of lacrosse season. That's the school's identity and sole passion. BL will be playing this spring///bet on it!
Severn has been training/practicing
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

Severn just installed new turf also. Field looks great.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

As I have said before, Harford County, especially the Bel Air region, is sprawling. That means more young talent in that county. The key for John Carroll improving as a program is keeping lots of that young talent at home. However, several seem to be commuting to programs in and closer to Baltimore. That said:

name some current MIAA players, or ones from not too far in the past, that are from Harford County but commute or commuted to Baltimore schools.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

There have been a TON of Harford kids at BL, St P, CH and LB in the past decade. If they can figure out how to keep just some of those kids they will be in good shape.

We are in Harford. Co. My kid is in 8th and is considering CH, LB and JC. So we are right in the middle of that very decision.

We want a Catholic school. In the kid's mind, he is already saying he wants to play college lax.

All 3 are good schools academically, and different choices athletically. All 3 will help him achieve the goal of playing in college, I think it's just a question of the journey along the way.

We'll see where he and his teammates/friends decide, but his few insightful comments have been- CH is "too big." And LB is "too far." JC is "good." So JC is in the lead?!

:roll:

I have opinions on the matter, from what I've heard and seen in the process from coaches and admins. I personally like Reynolds as a coach and what JC is offering. Lots of opportunities there. But I'm not trying to sway the boy one way or the other. Just want the kid to go somewhere he will fit in and be happy. We'll know his choice in the next mos or so.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

gymman1031 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:59 pm
name some current MIAA players, or ones from not too far in the past, that are from Harford County but commute or commuted to Baltimore schools.
It's tough to get a straight answer about recruits or class numbers from any of the coaches this year. But I think it's more because the numbers are in flux more given the current pandemic.

This info is was posted, which is helpful at ballparking it. There are well over 90 kids currently in the lax program at CH. And it looks like approximately 10-15% of the kids are from Harford Co:

https://www.calverthall.com/team-detail?Team=78746

From what I can tell, Loyola h/s has similar overall lax numbers as CH and has a strong presence in Harford too. So I'd assume the percentages are close. StP and BL have large roster numbers too and pull kids from Harford. Add at least another dozen? Looking at probably 30-40 hs-aged kids who are commuting out of Harford each year?

I don't think JC will be pulling all the 5 stars kids away from CH. But it is getting looks from some good local kids who want to develop, play D1 college, and compete against the best. A shot at varsity playing time earlier, in the best conference in the nation, is an incentive for many. It's a bonus not to have to spend 10 hours every week in a car commuting. The cool thing about the process and meeting and talking to these coaches so far has been that ALL of these head coaches REALLY know their lax, and are developing kids to play at the next level. Good stuff to see. Its a great league.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:24 pm
gymman1031 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:59 pm
It's tough to get a straight answer about recruits or class numbers from any of the coaches this year. But I think it's more because the numbers are in flux more given the current pandemic.

This info is was posted, which is helpful at ballparking it. There are well over 90 kids currently in the lax program at CH. And it looks like approximately 10-15% of the kids are from Harford Co:

https://www.calverthall.com/team-detail?Team=78746

From what I can tell, Loyola h/s has similar overall lax numbers as CH and has a strong presence in Harford too. So I'd assume the percentages are close. StP and BL have large roster numbers too and pull kids from Harford. Add at least another dozen? Looking at probably 30-40 hs-aged kids who are commuting out of Harford each year?

I don't think JC will be pulling all the 5 stars kids away from CH. But it is getting looks from some good local kids who want to develop, play D1 college, and compete against the best. A shot at varsity playing time earlier, in the best conference in the nation, is an incentive for many. It's a bonus not to have to spend 10 hours every week in a car commuting. The cool thing about the process and meeting and talking to these coaches so far has been that ALL of these head coaches REALLY know their lax, and are developing kids to play at the next level. Good stuff to see. Its a great league.
Feels to me like it may take awhile, but JC certainly is well positioned to be a serious power, as the county continues to grow.

For the very top players, it's been tough to not go to the proven programs, but a few signature wins...
Slim

Post by Slim »

Practice begins for real tomorrow boys. How would you play today if you knew there wouldn't be a tomorrow? No regrets. Be grateful. Respect the game! Good luck in 2021!
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

March 1 lax season is here
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Gonna be a fun season. No league games since 2019. Will be fun to see where all the teams finish this year.
molo

Post by molo »

MIAA school makes the front page, not the sports page, of the Sun.
MPSSAAlaxfan

Post by MPSSAAlaxfan »

BL and Gilman going back and forth in scrimmage action. Might be tied at the half.

https://events.locallive.tv/events/47692

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”