All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:21 am This isn't a ford dealership or any other regular job. If you are in a political, public facing post, there are crazies out there. Everyone knows it.
Fauci's crocodile tears and concerns are bs. Blaming Ron Paul for the crazy guy stopped in the midwest?
Please. It's all bs and political theatre.

Fauci raised his hand for the job and then figured out he really enjoyed the spotlight. Throwing out first pitches at MLB games, Sundays on Meet the Press. He knew what game he was entering. He chose to play. He's just not as good or seasoned as the pro, lifetime politicians. Like Paul...Yet.
:lol: :lol:
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:44 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:00 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:37 am
get it to x wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:06 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:51 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:24 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:22 am Fauci out to pasture?

More could be coming out re: the gain of function story, perhaps.

https://republicans-oversight.house.gov ... 011122.pdf
... not going to happen. Jim Jordan is not going to take down Fauci. Fauci had Rand Paul's lunch today. Couple of clowns. When a serious democrat talks about it, maybe a chance. Of course if the Trumpnista win control of the House, that could change things.
I'd rather Fauci stay.
My brother, a retired EPA employee, insists I call him Dr. Fauci. And you think Trump has a cult following?
I only want him to stay because, "Devil you know." And he's a schmo. When Rand Paul can bully you...
Seemed like he pushed back on Paul as just a grifter, exploiter pretty effectively yesterday. Re "bullying", gotta remember that all the power in those hearings is held by the Senators during their allotted time slots. The witness has no power beyond truth.

Seriously, the police caught a man going to Fauci's house with weapons in his trunk...he and his family get constant death threats.
It's the choice he made. He chose the job. And cashes the paychecks. Hire security. Or get a new job.
Seriously?
How about throw in jail anyone making such threats?
How about slander charges against any of these idiot politicians encouraging disinformation and anger about him?

This is a guy who could make 10X working in price industry and without the death threats. Doesn't make him perfect, or a saint, but he does deserve basic respect and an assurance of safety in our society.
ggait

Post by ggait »

"So Dr. Fauci, according to Forbes, your annual salary in 2020 was $434,000," Marshall said. "You oversee over $5 billion in federal research grants. As the highest-paid employee in the entire federal government, yes or no, would you be willing to submit to Congress and the public a financial disclosure that includes your past and current investments?"
Fauc's disclosure statements up through 2020 are available online to anyone with an internet connection. Fauc has filed his 2021 statement too, but it is not currently available online. I have no idea what the protocols are for when/how this stuff gets published. But we all know that Fauc has no control over that.

Fauc was wrong to call Sen. Marshall (a medical doctor fyi) a moron. He's not a moron or a dummy. Marshall is a gaslighting, mouth breather baiting, sleaze ball, banana Republican, dip shirt. And a forking disgrace who has no shame.

Disappointed that Fauc was not more clear in his statements.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:29 am

... not going to happen. Jim Jordan is not going to take down Fauci. Fauci had Rand Paul's lunch today. Couple of clowns. When a serious democrat talks about it, maybe a chance. Of course if the Trumpnista win control of the House, that could change things.
I'd rather Fauci stay.
My brother, a retired EPA employee, insists I call him Dr. Fauci. And you think Trump has a cult following?
I only want him to stay because, "Devil you know." And he's a schmo. When Rand Paul can bully you...
Seemed like he pushed back on Paul as just a grifter, exploiter pretty effectively yesterday. Re "bullying", gotta remember that all the power in those hearings is held by the Senators during their allotted time slots. The witness has no power beyond truth.

Seriously, the police caught a man going to Fauci's house with weapons in his trunk...he and his family get constant death threats.
It's the choice he made. He chose the job. And cashes the paychecks. Hire security. Or get a new job.
Seriously?
How about slander charges against any of these idiot politicians encouraging disinformation and anger about him?

This is a guy who could make 10X working in price industry and without the death threats. Doesn't make him perfect, or a saint, but he does deserve basic respect and an assurance of safety in our society.
Did someone NOT get thrown in jail for making those threats? Wasn't the story, that the cops CAUGHT the crazy?
What "disinformation" did Paul spread about Fauci? I wasnt aware they had beef prior to this.

Fauci is trying to have his cake and eat it too. He loves the political limelight and press, as long as it's positive. But its not a one way street. And lets be honest as those emails showed, he is trying to play politics, not science.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:21 am This isn't a ford dealership or any other regular job. If you are in a political, public facing post, there are crazies out there. Everyone knows it.
Fauci's crocodile tears and concerns are bs. Blaming Ron Paul for the crazy guy stopped in the midwest?

Fauci raised his hand for the job and then figured out he really enjoyed the spotlight. Throwing out first pitches at MLB games, Sundays on Meet the Press. He knew what game he was entering. He chose to play. He's just not as good or seasoned as the pro, lifetime politicians. Like Paul...Yet.
No. Hard stop. NO. N. O.

Fauci’s a scientist, researcher, and administrator as a government employee. He’s not elected. He’s not a politician. He’s not playing a game. If he was he wouldn’t have been seen as the brilliant scientist he is by multiple presidential administrations of both parties.

That all changed with the most recent presidential administration and de facto head of one of the two major political parties, led by someone whose primary judgement of one’s ability depends on whether or not you’re a boot licker. Paul is, Fauci’s not.

Heroes get invited to throw out first pitches and scientists rightfully are requested to explain science related subjects on Meet the Press. Those are the criteria by which Fauci is asked to do those things.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:42 am

No. Hard stop. NO. N. O.

Fauci’s a scientist, researcher, and administrator as a government employee. He’s not elected. He’s not a politician. He’s not playing a game. If he was he wouldn’t have been seen as the brilliant scientist he is by multiple presidential administrations of both parties.

That all changed with the most recent presidential administration and de facto head of one of the two major political parties, led by someone whose primary judgement of one’s ability depends on whether or not you’re a boot licker. Paul is, Fauci’s not.

Heroes get invited to throw out first pitches and scientists rightfully are requested to explain science related subjects on Meet the Press. Those are the criteria by which Fauci is asked to do those things.
+1. Absolutely right. Our politics are distorted to an obscene level when a Senator is fundraising off of death threats/threats of violence against another long time public servant. Disgraceful.
ggait

Post by ggait »

And lets be honest as those emails showed, he is trying to play politics, not science.
Wrong. Just totally, forking, 1000% wrong.

The Great Barrington Declaration folks had, to significant press coverage, rolled out what was basically a herd immunity strategy. Their ideas were obviously not suppressed at all.

Based on the science, Fauci and Collins and the WHO and pretty much the entire medical community said the GBD was wrong, flawed and dangerous. And that is exactly what they all said publicly. Which it is their forking job to do.

I don't believe you can actually be this stupid. So why are you posting such junk?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:36 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:29 am

I'd rather Fauci stay.

Seriously?

Did someone NOT get thrown in jail for making those threats? Wasn't the story, that the cops CAUGHT the crazy?
What "disinformation" did Paul spread about Fauci? I wasnt aware they had beef prior to this.

Fauci is trying to have his cake and eat it too. He loves the political limelight and press, as long as it's positive. But its not a one way street. And lets be honest as those emails showed, he is trying to play politics, not science.
One guy was caught, don't know if he's in jail or not. But there are a myriad of others making these threats against Fauci and his family. Not caught, not jailed.

Do you not agree that making such threats deserves jail time, removal of all rights to weapons, etc?

Paul has made a big political show EACH TIME Fauci has been called to appear before that committee. This was certainly not the first such time that Paul has made lying statements about Fauci and he has a darn fundraising website on such basis. He's a liar and a grifter.

Fauci is not a politician, nor are most government employees. They are civil servants, working on behalf of the American people. They're imperfect, certainly not saints, but they deserve respect, appreciation, and safety.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

WHAT disinformation?
Specifically. Seriously asking.
Disagreeing with someone, calling for them to be fired and and calling them names is NOT disinformation. Its not information at all. It's opinion.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:52 pm WHAT disinformation?
Disagreeing with someone, calling for them to be fired and and calling them names is NOT disinformation. Its not information at all. It's opinion.
How about saying they created the virus, funded the creation of the virus...that's a lie, disinformation, not an "opinion".

How about saying they are profiting from the virus, financially or otherwise...that's a lie, disinformation, not an "opinion".

How about claiming that they are preventing "cures" from being approved that should be approved (again for profit)..."that's multiple lies, disinformation, not an "opinion".

Paul is raising money off these lies and disinformation...total grifter. Liar.
And those lies and disinformation are encouraging people to be very angry...knowing that whack jobs will then harass, intimidate, threaten, and potentially violently act on that anger...all falsely incited by the grifter.

It should be illegal.

I, too, am surprised you are taking this tack...not my image of you.
a fan

Post by a fan »

That's easy to answer.

What message does Paul send to Americans when he attacks Fauci like he does? The message is: this man, Fauci, is corrupt, and the information he shares is not to be trusted. It worked on Tech. It worked on you.

That's disinformation.

This is Trump in the boiling water......where you keep slowly warming the pot, and Trump doesn't notice the boil.

This behavior of taking down America's top medical advisor to two Presidents from different parties..... in the middle of a National Emergency, is something you'd expect Putin to do....not one of our own motherfreaking Senators.

But because of Trump? We have posters here acting like this is the most normal thing in the world, not noticing how far our leaders have fallen in such a short amount of time.

I'm excited to see your party nominate Trump again, that's for sure.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/12/covid-n ... idappshare
so fda commish testifying that most people will get covid. certainly sounds like (very recent and) future tense, not the 40 or more % estimates over the life of the pandemic.

we've made some changes to isolation but it sure seems like this reality is going to radically change how we handle things not too far into the future. at least as long as a more lethal version doesn't come around.

priorities:
-therapeutic(s), pfizer for now, on a mass scale.
- a vaxx that is variant resistant, at least as we understand it, rather than the other way around.

p.s. i would say more nurses, but we know how the biz doesn't like planning for in excess to the dry season.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:41 pm https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/12/covid-n ... idappshare
so fda commish testifying that most people will get covid. certainly sounds like (very recent and) future tense, not the 40 or more % estimates over the life of the pandemic.

we've made some changes to isolation but it sure seems like this reality is going to radically change how we handle things not too far into the future. at least as long as a more lethal version doesn't come around.

priorities:
- a vaxx that is variant resistant, at least as we understand it, rather than the other way around.

p.s. i would say more nurses, but we know how the biz doesn't like planning for in excess to the dry season.
Do you have a link to the discussion on a variant resistant vaccine?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:10 pm
How about saying they created the virus, funded the creation of the virus...that's a lie, disinformation, not an "opinion".

How about saying they are profiting from the virus, financially or otherwise...that's a lie, disinformation, not an "opinion".

How about claiming that they are preventing "cures" from being approved that should be approved (again for profit)..."that's multiple lies, disinformation, not an "opinion".

Paul is raising money off these lies and disinformation...total grifter. Liar.
And those lies and disinformation are encouraging people to be very angry...knowing that whack jobs will then harass, intimidate, threaten, and potentially violently act on that anger...all falsely incited by the grifter.

It should be illegal.

I, too, am surprised you are taking this tack...not my image of you.
Paul grifting is your focus? That also-ran Peon?

The emails showed Fauci knew the truth and wanted it to go away. He lied repeatedly about it. Fauci is still in denial and obfuscating that this was human created.

All this even BEFORE the emails that were just released:

https://www.newsweek.com/how-dr-fauci-o ... ts-1652002

He wasn't some innocent, unknowing bystander. He was the leader of the US response and he intentionally deceived and mislead. He knew where the mess came from. But he regularly lied in public, on TV, he and his cohorts tried to divert attention and hope that news of human virus alteration would just go away. Now he's still denying it to keep his job. Yes, I'd call that corrupt. And Peon Paul is trying to capitalize and get nominated off it.

Welcome to DC.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:21 pm
That's easy to answer.

What message does Paul send to Americans when he attacks Fauci like he does? The message is: this man, Fauci, is corrupt, and the information he shares is not to be trusted. It worked on Tech. It worked on you.

That's disinformation.

This is Trump in the boiling water......where you keep slowly warming the pot, and Trump doesn't notice the boil.

This behavior of taking down America's top medical advisor to two Presidents from different parties..... in the middle of a National Emergency, is something you'd expect Putin to do....not one of our own motherfreaking Senators.

But because of Trump? We have posters here acting like this is the most normal thing in the world, not noticing how far our leaders have fallen in such a short amount of time.

Again, Fauci has misled, lied, and shared bad information.

The "disinformaiton" about Fauci is correct.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:53 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:21 pm
That's easy to answer.

That's disinformation.

Again, Fauci has misled, lied, and shared bad information.
Give me a clear example of each. And remember, it has to be something Fauci said, in full context in the time that he said them....you can't give me what someone else said that Fauci said.

Misled:

Lied:

Shared Bad information:
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:49 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:41 pm https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/12/covid-n ... idappshare

priorities:

if it's good news (3 weeks ago said will be releasing results in weeks):
https://www.defenseone.com/technology/2 ... ts/360089/
https://www.army.mil/article/252890/ser ... t_strategy
there should be some discussion on it. and as weeks/months go on and sciency folks can evaluate, an estimation whether the design and goal is achievable.

maybe not the only group with the general idea in mind. i hope.
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:25 pm

priorities:

there should be some discussion on it. and as weeks/months go on and sciency folks can evaluate, an estimation whether the design and goal is achievable.

Amazing. Just amazing what's been accomplished in so little time.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:25 pm

priorities:

Those articles are good news. I read the defenseone article a couple of weeks ago. I thought you were referring to a vaccine that would be good against future variants.
Typical Lax Dad

Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “POLITICS”