The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: 2024

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:26 pm
OCanada wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 1:06 pm Imagine how nice it would be if you could have truthfully said he never flew w Epstein and they were not besties for a long time.
Bill Clinton can't claim that. Besties ? They went to some of the same parties. Trump subsequently banned him from Mar a Lago before he was charged in 2008.
Bestiea…. https://cdn.factcheck.org/UploadedFiles ... awsuit.pdf
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:31 pm
OCanada wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 1:06 pm Imagine how nice it would be if you could have truthfully said he never flew w Epstein and they were not besties for a long time.
Bill Clinton can't claim that. Besties ? They went to some of the same parties.
Trump subsequently banned him from Mar a Lago before he was charged in 2008.
what became of that claim ?
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:42 pm
OJ went to trial. I don’t know. Why do you choose to defend Trump all the time?
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Speaking of grocery store monopolies......

Kroger and Albertsons plan to sell 91 Colorado stores if proposed merger happens

https://www.cpr.org/2024/07/09/kroger-a ... iX86htz2HQ
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:58 pm
Not all the time. Only the bogus accusations & those that can't be proven.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:12 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you proved Hillary had those folks in Benghazi killed.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:49 am
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:10 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:49 am
:lol: :lol: :lol:
but her emails
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Barack Obama has become more of a prophet than I ever thought possible. I thought he wasn't actually serious when he profoundly yet secretly stated... " Never underestimate Joe Bidens ability to eff things up" BHO nailed that one.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Things are getting heated in the republiCON party over the abortion issue. Sounds like it could make the republiCON convention next week real interesting. Wasn't planning on paying any attention originally, but now ... Will God show up, or hold his tongue???
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:54 am Things are getting heated in the republiCON party over the abortion issue. Sounds like it could make the republiCON convention next week real interesting. Wasn't planning on paying any attention originally, but now ... Will God show up, or hold his tongue???
Should be an interesting opening act for the DemocRAT convention in Chicago. :D Rumour is the Chicago police will be armed with multi colored squirt guns. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:54 am Things are getting heated in the republiCON party over the abortion issue. Sounds like it could make the republiCON convention next week real interesting. Wasn't planning on paying any attention originally, but now ... Will God show up, or hold his tongue???
One of my very favorite Christian hypocrisies is: in what world would J be a Republican if he returned to 2024 America?

He's a liberal. As far left as it gets. Yet somehow? :lol:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:59 am
One of my very favorite Christian hypocrisies is: in what world would J be a Republican if he returned to 2024 America?

Not true.....

He taught that he will repay each according to their deeds, he also condemned those that spoke blasphemy about the Spirit. The Libs and JHU do that crap all the time. ;)

Nice try....though.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:49 am

Not true.....

He taught that he will repay each according to their deeds, he also condemned those that spoke blasphemy about the Spirit. The Libs and JHU do that crap all the time. ;)

Nice try....though.
:lol: What part of the above is "Republican". Or even "Conservative".

What did he say about the poor, YA? And the downtrodden? And the meek?
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

DEPLORABLES only use their fake book when it suits them; or I suspect that most never even bother to read it.

Both the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament are clear and consistent when it comes to how we are to treat the stranger. Across the books of both testaments, in narrative, law, prophecy, poetry and parable, the Bible consistently spells out that it is the responsibility of the citizen to ensure that the immigrant, the stranger, the refugee, is respected, welcomed and cared for. It is what God wants us to do, but it also recognizes that we too were immigrants — and immigrants we remain. “Like my forebears, I am an alien, resident with you,” says Psalm 39.

For the nearly 80 percent of Americans who, according to some studies, believe the Bible to be divinely inspired, what this culturally foundational document says about immigration, foreigners and the treatment of the stranger — defined in biblical terms as any person who dwells in a land without being a citizen of that land — is not simply a matter of historical record; it should inform us today.

The story of the Bible is the story of immigrants and outsiders. The book of Genesis narrates the journey of Abraham from his homeland to Canaan, a land that is already occupied by other people, and recounts the story of how he and his family make their way in a territory and society that is not their own, where they have neither land nor kin.

The Exodus story reinforces the status of Israel as strangers in a land not their own. Pharaoh’s oppression of Israelites is grounded in an attitude that might sound eerily familiar: “The Israelite people are too numerous for us,” he tells his subjects, “let us deal shrewdly with them, so that they may not increase, otherwise in the event of war they may join our enemies in fighting against us.” Pharaoh was skilled at governing through fear.
Israel leaves Egypt as refugees, and encounters nations that, out of fear or sheer intransigence, do not want to let them pass, forcing them through the harsh wilderness.

In the New Testament, Jesus and his family become political refugees, according to the Gospel of Matthew. Perhaps the most salient biblical narrative on this topic is the book of Ruth. Ruth includes the story of a foreigner who comes to Israel, working as laborer in the fields, hoping for a better life. And it is this foreigner, immigrant and stranger, who turns out to become the ancestor of King David, and, through him, Jesus.

All three of the great law codes of the Hebrew Bible in Exodus, Leviticus and Deuteronomy contain the same command regarding the treatment of the stranger. “When a stranger resides with you in your land, you shall not wrong him. The stranger who resides with you shall be to you as one of your citizens; you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt” (Lev. 19:33-34).

The Golden Rule — “Love your neighbor as yourself” — carries equal weight with the stranger. “You shall not subvert the rights of the stranger,” says Deuteronomy, in a statement that presumes that the stranger does, indeed, have rights. The books of Romans and Hebrews call on those who follow Jesus to “extend hospitality to strangers.”

The prophets also recognized the plight of the refugee. Isaiah uses language that should resonate strongly with those lawyers who found themselves at international airports last weekend: “Give advice, offer counsel … Let Moab’s outcasts find asylum in you; be a shelter for them.”

The Bible also says that one day the divisions between citizen and stranger will be effaced, when the promised land shall be apportioned “for yourselves and for the strangers who dwell among you, who have begotten children with you” — a sort of biblical Dream Act, courtesy of the prophet Ezekiel.
Caring for the stranger is not merely something that we should do; the Bible suggests it is what God does. “He loves the stranger, providing him with food and clothing,” says Deuteronomy. Yet we are not to leave the care of the stranger in God’s hands, for Deuteronomy continues: “You too must love the stranger.”

No passage in either testament is as compelling or as clear on this subject as the vision of the final judgment in Matthew 25, in which Jesus will separate the righteous and the accursed based on how they treated him: for the righteous, “I was a stranger, and you welcomed me”; for the accursed, “I was a stranger and you did not welcome me.”

When the judged ask when they ever treated Jesus in such a manner, he responds: “Just as you did to the least of these, you did to me.” :lol:

- Joel Baden, Professor of Hebrew Bible at Yale Divinity School

https://divinity.yale.edu/news/joel-bad ... -and-bible
Typical Lax Dad

CU88a wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:04 pm DEPLORABLES only use their fake book when it suits them; or I suspect that most never even bother to read it.

Both the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament are clear and consistent when it comes to how we are to treat the stranger. Across the books of both testaments, in narrative, law, prophecy, poetry and parable, the Bible consistently spells out that it is the responsibility of the citizen to ensure that the immigrant, the stranger, the refugee, is respected, welcomed and cared for. It is what God wants us to do, but it also recognizes that we too were immigrants — and immigrants we remain. “Like my forebears, I am an alien, resident with you,” says Psalm 39.

For the nearly 80 percent of Americans who, according to some studies, believe the Bible to be divinely inspired, what this culturally foundational document says about immigration, foreigners and the treatment of the stranger — defined in biblical terms as any person who dwells in a land without being a citizen of that land — is not simply a matter of historical record; it should inform us today.

The story of the Bible is the story of immigrants and outsiders. The book of Genesis narrates the journey of Abraham from his homeland to Canaan, a land that is already occupied by other people, and recounts the story of how he and his family make their way in a territory and society that is not their own, where they have neither land nor kin.

The Exodus story reinforces the status of Israel as strangers in a land not their own. Pharaoh’s oppression of Israelites is grounded in an attitude that might sound eerily familiar: “The Israelite people are too numerous for us,” he tells his subjects, “let us deal shrewdly with them, so that they may not increase, otherwise in the event of war they may join our enemies in fighting against us.” Pharaoh was skilled at governing through fear.
Israel leaves Egypt as refugees, and encounters nations that, out of fear or sheer intransigence, do not want to let them pass, forcing them through the harsh wilderness.

In the New Testament, Jesus and his family become political refugees, according to the Gospel of Matthew. Perhaps the most salient biblical narrative on this topic is the book of Ruth. Ruth includes the story of a foreigner who comes to Israel, working as laborer in the fields, hoping for a better life. And it is this foreigner, immigrant and stranger, who turns out to become the ancestor of King David, and, through him, Jesus.

All three of the great law codes of the Hebrew Bible in Exodus, Leviticus and Deuteronomy contain the same command regarding the treatment of the stranger. “When a stranger resides with you in your land, you shall not wrong him. The stranger who resides with you shall be to you as one of your citizens; you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt” (Lev. 19:33-34).

The Golden Rule — “Love your neighbor as yourself” — carries equal weight with the stranger. “You shall not subvert the rights of the stranger,” says Deuteronomy, in a statement that presumes that the stranger does, indeed, have rights. The books of Romans and Hebrews call on those who follow Jesus to “extend hospitality to strangers.”

The prophets also recognized the plight of the refugee. Isaiah uses language that should resonate strongly with those lawyers who found themselves at international airports last weekend: “Give advice, offer counsel … Let Moab’s outcasts find asylum in you; be a shelter for them.”

The Bible also says that one day the divisions between citizen and stranger will be effaced, when the promised land shall be apportioned “for yourselves and for the strangers who dwell among you, who have begotten children with you” — a sort of biblical Dream Act, courtesy of the prophet Ezekiel.
Caring for the stranger is not merely something that we should do; the Bible suggests it is what God does. “He loves the stranger, providing him with food and clothing,” says Deuteronomy. Yet we are not to leave the care of the stranger in God’s hands, for Deuteronomy continues: “You too must love the stranger.”

No passage in either testament is as compelling or as clear on this subject as the vision of the final judgment in Matthew 25, in which Jesus will separate the righteous and the accursed based on how they treated him: for the righteous, “I was a stranger, and you welcomed me”; for the accursed, “I was a stranger and you did not welcome me.”

When the judged ask when they ever treated Jesus in such a manner, he responds: “Just as you did to the least of these, you did to me.” :lol:

- Joel Baden, Professor of Hebrew Bible at Yale Divinity School

https://divinity.yale.edu/news/joel-bad ... -and-bible
He may have been smuggling drugs or was a terrorist.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 12:11 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:49 am

Not true.....

Nice try....though.
:lol: What part of the above is "Republican". Or even "Conservative".

What did he say about the poor, YA? And the downtrodden? And the meek?
My argument, was not that He was either of those two, it was that he is not in the silo of "liberal". If you think R's or Conservatives do not have empathy / care towards the poor or downtrodden....that seems like a rather bleak POV, and I know you did not mean it that way. It's part of the reason why I fuss so much over the flames thrown at Christianity in the US and alignment that the majority of R's, MAGA's etc are in favor of Christian Nationilism. I believe they are nothing more the the opposing POV/balance to the extreme tolerate everything far left progressive/liberal push.

AS you often say, we all typically have far more in common than we care to admit and would be friends if we broke bread together.

BTW: get back to work and stop enjoying flask time. ;) :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Revisionism. Another Trump fiasco to try and cover up. BS. Looks like you did not read the Epstein papers
Last edited by OCanada on Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:13 pm My argument, was not that He was either of those two, it was that he is not in the silo of "liberal". If you think R's or Conservatives do not have empathy / care towards the poor or downtrodden....that seems like a rather bleak POV, and I know you did not mean it that way.
He doesn't say to have empathy or care, YA.

He says to be "openhanded" in helping them. He's telling you to empty your pockets to help them.....there is no way you can read his teachings, and think that being a millionaire is ok, for example.

There's a world of difference between being a kind, caring person......and following the J man. His teachings are VERY specific, as you know.

What your party currently thinks J's teachings mean is: force schools to post the Ten Commandments. First of all, that's the Old Testament. Second of all, why are you telling k-12 kids what adultery is? I thought sex discussions were a big fat no-no.

Third of all, as I wrote before: if you cats are serious about this stuff, and infusing it into our government? Here's what you do. Set up a free food truck outside of every poor school in America. Put a big cross on in, and tell them what Church did this. Tell the entire school district "hey, we're the Christians, and we're here to take care of the poor. No one goes hungry on our watch."

Do you have ANY IDEA what that would do? First of all, you'd show that you mean business, and take his teachings seriously. Second of all, you'd get converts who SEE your good works, instead of posting Commandments that are nothing put Kabuki. SHOW them what you're about instead of using the Bible to attack your fellow Americans by telling them what they can and can't do.

When you're done with that? Set up another truck that give out free contraception to HS kids. Show them you care. Show them you don't want abortions. Help keep them out of the poverty cycle.

I have other suggestions, but the 2025 cats are NOT Christians, any more than Joel Olesteen is.
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:13 pm It's part of the reason why I fuss so much over the flames thrown at Christianity in the US and alignment that the majority of R's, MAGA's etc are in favor of Christian Nationilism. I believe they are nothing more the the opposing POV/balance to the extreme tolerate everything far left progressive/liberal push.
Give me five examples of the liberals getting their way in America...Federally. And we'll use the other 1st world nation as the bar for what is liberal.

Your crew is KILLING the liberals out there, and it's not even a close call as to who is winning the culture war in America. A Trans person can't get a job without your crew punishing a business the same way that they punished businesses who dared to hire black people as their spokesperson.

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:13 pm AS you often say, we all typically have far more in common than we care to admit and would be friends if we broke bread together.

BTW: get back to work and stop enjoying flask time. ;) :lol:
I would LOVE to eat with every poster here, you in partcular. All our postings are about discussing ideas. And so long as folks aren't trolling? I do NOT care if they have different ideas than I do. In fact? I PREFER it, because I learn from it. It's what's great about America...and this forum.

Folks take things personally sometimes. But I don't think that's folks intent. Certainly not mine, anyway.

Return to “POLITICS”