All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

We have to wait in line listening to satellite radio in our Audi/BMW/Range Rover/Escalade before we can get what could be a life saving test….it’s rough out here…

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

We are closing in on 850,000 deaths (World Meter has been
my day one reference point).
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Greg Abbott claims he has beaten Biden again. :roll: - while asking Biden for help to fight the COVID outbreak in Texas. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
CU88

Post by CU88 »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:13 am Greg Abbott claims he has beaten Biden again. :roll: - while asking Biden for help to fight the COVID outbreak in Texas. :lol:
What a disgrace.

Just another r hero "sticking it" to the educated intellectual liberal class and then holding out their hand for the federal dole.

Time for the Feds to stop helping those who don't want to work on preventative measures.

No masks no meds.
No vaccinations no medical care and no unemployment.

F them all.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va ... als-surge/
Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan on Sunday predicted the next four to six weeks could be the “worst part” of the pandemic in his state, blaming people who are unvaccinated and therefore unprotected against the latest coronavirus surge for the strain on local hospitals.

In an appearance on CNN’s “State of the Union,” Hogan (R) said that 92 percent of adults in the state have gotten at least one dose of vaccine. More than 2,000 people are hospitalized with covid-19 — a number that surpasses the record set this time last year.

“We have overflowing hospitals. And so that 8 percent of the population that has not been vaccinated is responsible for 75 percent of all the people who are filling up our covid beds,” he said. “Here we are nearly two years later, and it’s like deja vu. We’re faced with this emerging variant, very similar problems to what we had in the beginning.”

Pressed to defend his handling of the latest surge in cases, Hogan said his administration devoted $100 million in emergency funding to hospitals and nursing homes, waived some requirements for out-of-state nurses and health-care workers, allowed nurses to graduate early and called out the Maryland National Guard to help run testing sites.

“We’ve been talking about this probably for nearly a month and preparing for it,” he said. “But you can’t really manufacture doctors and nurses that don’t exist. And frankly, these heroes on the front line that have been working so hard for two years, there’s fatigue, there are people who are working at hospitals [and] are coming down and being infected.”

Hogan did not comment on a Dec. 24 call from health-care organizations, including the Maryland State Medical Society and Maryland Hospital Association, to reinstate the mask mandate.

“We’re continuing to take actions every day, nearly everything that anyone can think of, to help us get through this,” he said.

In neighboring D.C., Mayor Muriel E. Bowser (D) brought back the District’s mask mandate Dec. 20, and most businesses, including restaurants, will require proof of vaccination starting Jan. 15.

D.C. had one of the lowest rates of coronavirus cases in the country. That has changed.

Infection rates are up across the region, and most dramatically in Virginia, where the spike lagged behind Maryland and D.C. The seven-day average of new daily cases is up 92 percent in Virginia, 60 percent in D.C. and 56 percent in Maryland, according to The Washington Post tracker.

Hogan praised vaccines for protecting people from severe illness and death, and credited vaccinations and booster shots with preventing worse consequences when he tested positive for the coronavirus two weeks ago.

A cancer survivor, Hogan said he experienced “sort of a bad cold.”
Get your vaccinations/boosters, and load up on high quality masks...

MD is one of the MOST vaccinated states... Just think how this will be hitting the South where there are more stupid people who refuse to get the jab...
Bart

Post by Bart »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:13 am Greg Abbott claims he has beaten Biden again. :roll: - while asking Biden for help to fight the COVID outbreak in Texas. :lol:
10k cases…..pshaw says NYS with about 75k cases on that same day. Hold our lunch.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

CU88 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:27 am
What a disgrace.

Just another r hero "sticking it" to the educated intellectual liberal class and then holding out their hand for the federal dole.

Time for the Feds to stop helping those who don't want to work on preventative measures.

No masks no meds.

F them all.
Just pure ignorance. Did you read the article? They are asking for testing and therapeutics...interesting how Biden throws shade at Trump on all things cv19, then dumps it on the states; blame the ref kinda guy. Remember, Biden put this on the states. Using your argument, NYS should nothing, they are in a world of hurt and doing the right thing...futile.

Re-Read Reds post...even in highly vaxxed MD, we are effed....its damned near impossible to get a test in a reasonable amount of time. Adding insult to injury, the mandate has caused health care worker shortages and Biden's vision to prepare for another wave probably faded while licking an ice-cream cone and walking his new puppy, when the writing was clearly on the wall in SA and the UK.

Sure the mouth breathers are part of the problem, no doubt...its why my wife and I got sick. You know why....because local governments are not paying for sick leave of county employees if they are not vaccinated (just like you want them to do)...so guess what they do? Bingo...they don't get tested AND still come to work. Maybe firing squad is next? :roll:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:57 am
What a disgrace.

No masks no meds.

F them all.
Just pure ignorance. Did you read the article? They are asking for testing and therapeutics...interesting how Biden throws shade at Trump on all things cv19, then dumps it on the states; blame the ref kinda guy. Remember, Biden put this on the states. Using your argument, NYS should nothing, they are in a world of hurt and doing the right thing...futile.

Re-Read Reds post...even in highly vaxxed MD, we are effed....its damned near impossible to get a test in a reasonable amount of time. Adding insult to injury, the mandate has caused health care worker shortages and Biden's vision to prepare for another wave probably faded while licking an ice-cream cone and walking his new puppy, when the writing was clearly on the wall in SA and the UK.

Sure the mouth breathers are part of the problem, no doubt...its why my wife and I got sick. You know why....because local governments are not paying for sick leave of county employees if they are not vaccinated (just like you want them to do)...so guess what they do? Bingo...they don't get tested AND still come to work. Maybe firing squad is next? :roll:
I told you in 2020 contractors were go to work with COVID and you said the guy that told me that didn’t know what he was talking about…..
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:02 am I told you in 2020 contractors were go to work with COVID and you said the guy that told me that didn’t know what he was talking about…..
See if you can find that conversation....would be interesting to see what we were discussing at the time. As it relates to my reply to CU88, it actually enforces my point....if you are going to penalize them for not being vaccinated, then the incentive is for them to come to work, just like most have done for 100 years and most do with their kids each day when they have the sniffles, headache, or scratchy throat.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:18 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:02 am I told you in 2020 contractors were go to work with COVID and you said the guy that told me that didn’t know what he was talking about…..
See if you can find that conversation....would be interesting to see what we were discussing at the time. As it relates to my reply to CU88, it actually enforces my point....if you are going to penalize them for not being vaccinated, then the incentive is for them to come to work, just like most have done for 100 years and most do with their kids each day when they have the sniffles, headache, or scratchy throat.
Yeah. And possibly kill people you interact with throughout your travels.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:22 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:18 am
Yeah. And possibly kill people you interact with throughout your travels.
Agreed. Which parlays in to another discussion on why people are reluctant to even go back in to the labor force. When owners only care about a warm body to fulfill a labor need, they could care less who they are and only want the lowest possible financial burden. It is a systemic issue when money is all that matters.
~Livy

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Judge knocks down Biden mandate for teachers:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/ju ... np1taskbar
~Livy

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:57 am
What a disgrace.

No masks no meds.

F them all.

... they are doing more than asking for testing and therapeutics, Abbott makes a claim that Biden is withholding monoclonal antibody meds. Abbott is a major piece of sh*t!! He has no basis for the claim. Just stirring the pot for political reasons.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

What a disgrace.

No masks no meds.

F them all.
So you believe people should have to try to work and hit a bare minimum, if they want federal relief/money? ?
You're sounding more and more like a Republican every day.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:59 pm
What a disgrace.

No masks no meds.

F them all.
So you believe people should have to try to work and hit a bare minimum, if they want federal relief/money? ?
You're sounding more and more like a Republican every day.
No. A Republican says: "I want everyone else but me to have to work/take a drug test for their Federal bennies. I'm going to ignore all the things that I get from the Federal Government, and pretend I did it all myself. By the way, taxes are bad, so we're going to borrow the money needed to pay for the bennies that i get personally. Oh, and Big Government is bad-----now where are my free Covid Tests and free Therapeutics?

Oh, and then increase spending by over 60% in four years of Republican rule....all of it borrowed....and then blame next President for the inflation that follows.

Now THAT is Republican thought, my man. ;)
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Some may be aware of this, but just to make it clear to everyone. KN95 masks are not regulated by any US agency. 70% of them fail to meet N95 standard according to ECRI testing. 70% of 200 tested. The 200 tested came from 15 non-US manufacturers. For this reason the 70% number may not be representative for all KN95s distributed in the US. KN95s are generally less expensive than US made N95. You likely get what you pay for. It is though less that 70% is the actual % based on actual total US distribution from various manufacturers.

Who is ECRI.

Personally I see no reason to purchase KN95s when N95s are available and reasonably priced from quality US manufacturers like 3M.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

2 hours ago Gov. Hogan reinstituted the indoor masking requirement.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

From Scott Gottlieb. I post this because my wife informed me that her organization is seeing significantly more pediatric cases than previously.
"We have to recognize this has not been a benign disease in young children," he added. "There's a perception that young children haven't been hit hard to date from coronavirus. That's just not true. We've recorded more than 600 pediatric deaths from COVID over the last two years. To put that in perspective, we have one death from flu and the pediatric population last year. ….So over a period of time when we've done a very good job protecting children, generally from respiratory infections, we've recorded more than 600 deaths from COVID against three deaths from flu. So this is affecting children and particularly young children. This new strain could have a predilection again for the upper airway, which could be a bigger challenge in young kids because of the way that it binds to, um, the airway cells in terms of going back to school. I think the prerogative clearly is to try to get schools reopened. We shouldn't be doing preemptive school closures in my opinion, but there will be situations where we have reactive school closures when there are large outbreaks."

Return to “POLITICS”