All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

youthathletics

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by youthathletics »

Trinity wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:24 am The US death rate is doubling faster than in Iran and Italy.
#FakeNews. It is not, it has been around 1.3 --> 1.8 the entire time. I have not updated since last evening, but this morning it is at 1.45%

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
RedFromMI

Re: All things COVID-19

Post by RedFromMI »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:17 am
6ftstick wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:10 am {stuff omitted}
How many times do I have to tell you libs we understand the lethality of this virus. But No one in 2009 had it to compare to. H1 N1 was a new deadly virus.

No noise about it.
What do you need to compare 3,900/22,000,000
= 0.017% to? Medical professionals didn’t raise the same level of alarm.
Actually - while the H1N1 flu strain (coming from swine) was "new" it is part of a family of flu viruses that do share some similarities. It was a H1N1 strain that caused the "Spanish" WWI epidemic as well.

Because they have some relationships to other flu viruses, there can be a "bit" or more immunity to them if you have had a family strain or were innoculated before for such a strain. Might make it less of a threat to a portion of the population.

We also know how to treat the flu in a way we do not yet know how to treat COVID-19. And there were lower level alarms at the time, and in fact WHO declared it a pandemic. But certainly not as serious as this one, given that there is no built-up human immunity (unless you have survived this particular virus).
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:33 am
Kismet wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:56 am
Kismet: I gather you are a liberal, or at the very least a Democrat? Do you believe that the vast majority (meaning, well over 80%) of mainstream media (just remove Fox entirely) are Democrats, or liberal-leaning?
Like on most everything else you yammer about here, you'd gather WRONG. :oops:

I'll take that a yes, to both questions.

Sposeba.
actually he answered no. He said you were wrong.

Hard for some to believe that a moderate or heck a conservative, much less an R, could have views that aren't often much less always aligned with the current FoxNation or Trumpworld...
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

With H1N1, I remember reading about it but never feeling that it related to me or people close to me. Similar to Corona a couple of months ago. With Corona, hospitals are at capacity, people I know, famous and otherwise, have it, it's very much right in front of my face. Mind you, not the reaction to the virus but the virus itself. Numbers aside (for a second), H1N1 and Corona seem to be very different viruses.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:33 am
Kismet wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:56 am
Kismet: I gather you are a liberal, or at the very least a Democrat? Do you believe that the vast majority (meaning, well over 80%) of mainstream media (just remove Fox entirely) are Democrats, or liberal-leaning?
Like on most everything else you yammer about here, you'd gather WRONG. :oops:

I'll take that a yes, to both questions.

Sposeba.
You can take it any way you want but you'd still be WRONG. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Kismet on Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:33 am
Trinity wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:24 am The US death rate is doubling faster than in Iran and Italy.
#FakeNews. It is not, it has been around 1.3 --> 1.8 the entire time. I have not updated since last evening, but this morning it is at 1.45%

He is talking about deaths / capita.

You want to know the most significant number in this whole crisis is? It's the transmissivity. For coronavirus, estimates have been everywhere between 2 and 4+. The Chinese who have the most experience and for the longest time have been quoting 3.8. For each individual who has the infection, they give it to 3.8 other individuals. For the flu the number is 1.1 - 1.2! The other infections you guys keeping trying to use for comparison are close to the flu.

You keep wanting to quote these deaths per infection numbers as a measure of how few people die, or will die. They are only as good as the number of tests run and the randomness of the sample! Very few are doing a good enough job for the test data to be indicative of overall death rate. You want to use them for something? They are better measures of how poor the world's testing is. The higher the number, the poorer the testing regimen. NYC which currently has the worlds best testing regimen, the number is .8% and they have one of the worst infection and deaths per capita stories.

Examples of bad testing regimens; Gerogia 3.1%; Louisiana 3.3%; Oregon 3.8%; West Virginia 4.5%; and Vermont 7.4%
Last edited by jhu72 on Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Even After Trump Declared a National Emergency, Some Talk Radio Hosts Weren’t Convinced
In the last two weeks, several of the most-listened-to conservative hosts were telling millions of listeners that they should ignore the “hype” and that the coronavirus is no worse than the seasonal flu.

“I don’t want to be part of the hype machine,”....“People on TV who lied to you about Russia and the Ukraine and so forth, trashing the president, using this as another opportunity to hype and dramatize their agenda.”
What a dipsh$t
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

You're speaking past one another.
Not % of deaths to detected cases, but actual deaths.

4 days ago the # of deaths per day was averaging 50, it's now 225 per day.
Expected to keep jumping very fast.
At a 'rate' faster than anywhere else in the world.
NY being the absolute worst.

Of course, that's not the same thing as a measure of survival versus death, if infected.
Looks to me like Italy is right now the worst on that front because the health care system is quite overwhelmed, thus can't give care to those who would otherwise have survived.

The other factor that folks don't seem to appreciate is that it's not just death to be concerned about, it's permanent respiratory and cardiovascular system damage.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

I'm posting this here because it has to do with Coronavirus speaking, but what is wrong with Biden? I realize nothing in this universe will change people's votes in the Fall, which is fine, but does anyone else see what is happening with this guy? This is a very serious post and not meant to provoke the Dems. I honestly think something is off about Joe. Bernie is older but way more aware.

https://deadline.com/2020/03/joe-biden- ... 202891856/
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:22 pm
Bandito wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:48 pm "I don't care! I don't care! I don't care!"

That's what Nancy Pelosi said when she heard Trump wants to Re-Open America by Easter Sunday—with a temper tantrum

She doesn't care that millions will lose their jobs
She doesn't care about the economy
She doesn't care about America
She doesn't care about Trump's statements. That's what her, I don't cares express.
She doesn’t care about his statements because he’s winning for the American people and she can’t stand it. She is beside herself that Trump has high approval and is doing everything he can to Make America Normal Again.
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:56 amwhat is wrong with Biden?
Saw this yesterday and I didn't find it so indecipherable. Very similar to Nancy's, I don't cares. he, like so many others, is speaking to the importance of isolating and he's frustrated that others, especially the POTUS, doesn't understand this. The Twitter video is purposely edited to not make sense.
Caddy Day
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:56 am I'm posting this here because it has to do with Coronavirus speaking, but what is wrong with Biden? I realize nothing in this universe will change people's votes in the Fall, which is fine, but does anyone else see what is happening with this guy? This is a very serious post and not meant to provoke the Dems. I honestly think something is off about Joe. Bernie is older but way more aware.

https://deadline.com/2020/03/joe-biden- ... 202891856/
The media and Dems love to think Trump isn’t mentally or physically stable to handle the job as POTUS and he proves them wrong everyday with his quick wit, standing up against the Democrat controlled media and not falling for their sabotaging tricks. Trump always has the best for the American people on his mind. On the other hand, Joe Biden actually has Dementia. He is a pedophile given how he acts around children- he touches and smells them whenever he can. He cannot put together a coherent sentence and has no idea what is going on. If I am a family member of “Sleepy Joe” , how can you let him go on like this? Let him enjoy his retirement. Joe Biden is a great example as to why we should have Congressional term limits. That should be a non-partisan issue. As it pertains to the virus. Biden has been non-existent. As someone who has high hopes to defeating Trump in 2020 (yea right) he has been MIA. Whereas Trump has taken the bull by the horns and is handling this issue amazingly well given that the media has tried to tear him down at every press conference.
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:14 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:56 amwhat is wrong with Biden?
Saw this yesterday and I didn't find it so indecipherable. Very similar to Nancy's, I don't cares. he, like so many others, is speaking to the importance of isolating and he's frustrated that others, especially the POTUS, doesn't understand this. The Twitter video is purposely edited to not make sense.

It wasn't edited; it was clipped. There is a big difference.

That being said, he has periods of lucidity, then his mind obviously goes off the rails. It's not defaulting today, but there is no way you can convince me this guy will be able to hang in there four years. He is definitely declining here.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:47 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:45 pm How many deaths per hour compared to legal abortions?

Which you’re totes cool with?

Because it’s her body, her choice?
You tell me. No doubt we should stop worrying about CV deaths so you can tell a woman you don't know how to run her life, beans, all woman, even better. :roll:
It's a real downer telling a woman you don't know she shouldn't kill a baby.

So oppressive of me.

:roll:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:52 am

You're speaking past one another.
Not % of deaths to detected cases, but actual deaths.

4 days ago the # of deaths per day was averaging 50, it's now 225 per day.
Expected to keep jumping very fast.
At a 'rate' faster than anywhere else in the world.
NY being the absolute worst.

Of course, that's not the same thing as a measure of survival versus death, if infected.
Looks to me like Italy is right now the worst on that front because the health care system is quite overwhelmed, thus can't give care to those who would otherwise have survived.

The other factor that folks don't seem to appreciate is that it's not just death to be concerned about, it's permanent respiratory and cardiovascular system damage.
I gave a short quick response to YA's post, but later expanded upon it to try to explain the real meaning of some of these numbers.
viewtopic.php?p=127383#p127383
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:25 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:45 pm How many deaths per hour compared to legal abortions?

You tell me. No doubt we should stop worrying about CV deaths so you can tell a woman you don't know how to run her life, beans, all woman, even better. :roll:

So oppressive of me.

We'll I will leave it to you judgmental types. :roll:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

DocBarrister wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:13 pm

You should be banned from this forum.

DB
Why?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:28 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:25 am

So oppressive of me.

We'll I will leave it to you judgmental types. :roll:
I wouldn't expect anything less from you spineless types. :roll:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Plenty of spine, probably just been reading too much Jesus the philosopher. :lol:

Return to “POLITICS”