All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

wgdsr

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:23 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:13 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:45 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:09 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:47 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:36 pm Your path would have led hundreds of thousands of Americans to choose not take the vaccines.....because Biden would keep touting the availability of the less effective therapeutics like you wanted.

The simple math behind those choices would mean more dead.
Maybe the question is really....how many deaths of unvaccinated, with covid, that also received therapeutics?

I have not seen that stat.
Probably most hospital deaths would be a good guess. The April 2020 to April 2021 deaths were probably all unvaccinated. Maybe 350,000 deaths up to that point. Not sure if you had stopped using your excel spreadsheet to chart it by then? My guess is 375,000 unvaccinated folks received a last ditch effort in which doctors threw the kitchen sink at it, still didn’t make it. Your number might be 10,000.

https://fox2now.com/news/national/what- ... in-us/amp/
We'll have those numbers at some point.

My money is on: nearly all of these patients received what tech would call "therapeutics" before dying.

Which, again, tells you why they are focused on getting people vaccinated above all else.

Spoiler alert: the vaccines work, and the therapeutics don't work anywhere close to as well as the vaccines. And many of the therapeutics do nothing at all by the time the sick arrive at the hospital.
my opinion, this is a silly discussion, that as above.... will never know the numbers.
were there a ton of companies trying to find a therapeutic solution? yes, and still are.

did "we" push that as hard as we could? it seems not. you were on record, in fact, that we should've been investing billions (tens of billions?) into vaccine production in 2020 when we had zero idea if they would've been effective, yay?

how much is now being invested now almost 2 years later for therapeutics?

it's very strange you're arguing this hard.
In the history of mankind, what other infectious diseases were overcome with therapeutics? Legitimate question.
you're asking me?
i was unaware it had to be one or the other, as an example.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:39 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:36 pm Your path would have led hundreds of thousands of Americans to choose not take the vaccines.....because Biden would keep touting the availability of the less effective therapeutics like you wanted.

Maybe the question is really....how many deaths of unvaccinated, with covid, that also received therapeutics?

Probably most hospital deaths would be a good guess. The April 2020 to April 2021 deaths were probably all unvaccinated. Maybe 350,000 deaths up to that point. Not sure if you had stopped using your excel spreadsheet to chart it by then? My guess is 375,000 unvaccinated folks received a last ditch effort in which doctors threw the kitchen sink at it, still didn’t make it. Your number might be 10,000.

My money is on: nearly all of these patients received what tech would call "therapeutics" before dying.

Which, again, tells you why they are focused on getting people vaccinated above all else.

Spoiler alert: the vaccines work, and the therapeutics don't work anywhere close to as well as the vaccines. And many of the therapeutics do nothing at all by the time the sick arrive at the hospital.
my opinion, this is a silly discussion, that as above.... will never know the numbers.
were there a ton of companies trying to find a therapeutic solution? yes, and still are.

did "we" push that as hard as we could? it seems not. you were on record, in fact, that we should've been investing billions (tens of billions?) into vaccine production in 2020 when we had zero idea if they would've been effective, yay?

In the history of mankind, what other infectious diseases were overcome with therapeutics? Legitimate question.
you're asking me?
Anyone is free to answer. Your post made me think of the question. That’s all. It’s doesn’t have to be one or the other. We are seeing in real time that therapeutics have a role. I was wondering if there has ever been a pandemic or a virulent disease that was conquered with therapeutics. I don’t know the answer. Meanwhile…..

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2021/12 ... tdhs-says/
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:59 pm

you're asking me?
Anyone is free to answer. Your post made me think of the question. That’s all. It’s doesn’t have to be one or the other. We are seeing in real time that therapeutics have a role. I was wondering if there has ever been a pandemic or a virulent disease that was conquered with therapeutics. I don’t know the answer. Meanwhile…..

i just thought we were working on solutions full speed. especially as we got our guy in the big chair.

my wife tried to get a test last week. took her 5 hours with an appointment that ultimately was not really an appointment. and forced her into exposure if she actually wanted to eventually get tested.

yay, squash the virus.
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:36 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:25 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:13 pm did "we" push that as hard as we could? it seems not. you were on record, in fact, that we should've been investing billions (tens of billions?) into vaccine production in 2020 when we had zero idea if they would've been effective, yay?
We didn't have zero idea, that's incorrect. And yes, you bet I was doing that. Guess who was right? And no not me.....Trump. Trump was right for choosing to bet the ranch vaccines over, say, pills, to cite just one example. Scoreboard: Trump.
wgdsr wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:13 pm how much is now being invested now almost 2 years later for therapeutics?
Of Federal dollars? No one knows. It's unclear.

wgdsr wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:13 pm it's very strange you're arguing this hard.
No, it isn't.

How much less effective are therapeutics in real world conditions than the vaccine? Half as effective? A third? Less than that? There is timing involved with the other treatments.....timing that doesn't come in to play with vaccines.

And how many of the unvaccinated think that there's a lifeline waiting for them at the hospital should they get a bad case of Covid because guys like Joe Rogan told them it was there.

Wsdsr.......we're well north of 100,000,000 unvaccinated Americans.

And folks forget----this thing isn't going anywhere with 40% of the population unvaccinated. So guess what that means? We're gonna have several rounds of boosters. Which means the number of vaccinated Americans is likely to go DOWN, not up over the next few years.
before i start with all the other.. i thought you said over and over that billions should've been invested in vaccine production. we did not "know" effectiveness until like november 9, 2020. or do you have any earlier date?
Yes. Know why? Because I stupidly thought that we'd be at 90%+ vaccine rate when I wrote that back in 2020. It never occurred to me that we're in a post-Trump world. I assumed that 30 extra days in a pandemic cost WAY more than some piddly factory would....thinking everyone would be clamoring for the vaccines.

Unlike so many stubborn posters here? I have no hesitation in admitting I. was. wrong. As wrong as you can get. I thought: we'd get the vaccines, we'd get north of 90%, and we'd move on....sending excess vaccines to the rest of the world.

Look at RedFromMIs chart a couple pages back. How would you say those therapeutics are working out here at the end of 2021?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:29 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:36 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:25 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:13 pm did "we" push that as hard as we could? it seems not. you were on record, in fact, that we should've been investing billions (tens of billions?) into vaccine production in 2020 when we had zero idea if they would've been effective, yay?
We didn't have zero idea, that's incorrect. And yes, you bet I was doing that. Guess who was right? And no not me.....Trump. Trump was right for choosing to bet the ranch vaccines over, say, pills, to cite just one example. Scoreboard: Trump.
wgdsr wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:13 pm how much is now being invested now almost 2 years later for therapeutics?
Of Federal dollars? No one knows. It's unclear.

wgdsr wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:13 pm it's very strange you're arguing this hard.
No, it isn't.

How much less effective are therapeutics in real world conditions than the vaccine? Half as effective? A third? Less than that? There is timing involved with the other treatments.....timing that doesn't come in to play with vaccines.

And how many of the unvaccinated think that there's a lifeline waiting for them at the hospital should they get a bad case of Covid because guys like Joe Rogan told them it was there.

Wsdsr.......we're well north of 100,000,000 unvaccinated Americans.

And folks forget----this thing isn't going anywhere with 40% of the population unvaccinated. So guess what that means? We're gonna have several rounds of boosters. Which means the number of vaccinated Americans is likely to go DOWN, not up over the next few years.
before i start with all the other.. i thought you said over and over that billions should've been invested in vaccine production. we did not "know" effectiveness until like november 9, 2020. or do you have any earlier date?
Yes. Know why? Because I stupidly thought that we'd be at 90%+ vaccine rate when I wrote that back in 2020. It never occurred to me that we're in a post-Trump world. I assumed that 30 extra days in a pandemic cost WAY more than some piddly factory would....thinking everyone would be clamoring for the vaccines.

Unlike so many stubborn posters here? I have no hesitation in admitting I. was. wrong. As wrong as you can get. I thought: we'd get the vaccines, we'd get north of 90%, and we'd move on....sending excess vaccines to the rest of the world.

Look at RedFromMIs chart a couple pages back. How would you say those therapeutics are working out here at the end of 2021?
ok. now you're ignoring the statement or i'm phrasing it wrong. excuse my paraphrasing or exaggerating, but my memory from your perspective we had screwed up royally by not investing huge in vaccine production... so the original rollout didn't get to everyone a.s.a.p.

but by the timeline i see, that could've only been done without knowing whether the vaxxes would work. which i pointed out to you. which resulted in you mocking me(my impression)/the gov't for how little that $$ is in the scheme of things.

so here i (and others) am talking about investment in therapeutics that hasn't happened. unless it has and i'm unaware. and you arguing in the opposite. again, it's strange.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:05 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:59 pm

you're asking me?

i just thought we were working on solutions full speed. especially as we got our guy in the big chair.

my wife tried to get a test last week. took her 5 hours with an appointment that ultimately was not really an appointment. and forced her into exposure if she actually wanted to eventually get tested.

yay, squash the virus.
Strange. My wife got tested on Sunday…..Took her 15 minutes to leave the house and get back…she had an appointment. She said those without an appointment had to wait in line… I guess it depends on where a person lives.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

It’s Joe’s fault…he has admitted to lying to the public about the threat the virus poses, ordering his foot soldiers to
Liberate their states, pushing Ivermectin/HCL/Roots Tonic and telling folks the virus will disappear on its own, don’t wear a mask, kids don’t get Covid and a few other things. I wish the old guy was still in office.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:59 pm Image

It’s Joe’s fault…he has admitted to lying to the public about the threat the virus poses, ordering his foot soldiers to
Liberate their states, pushing Ivermectin/HCL/Roots Tonic and telling folks the virus will disappear on its own, don’t wear a mask, kids don’t get Covid and a few other things. I wish the old guy was still in office.
there are fewer and fewer spots to put this up and see a difference. utilize them while you can.

pretty sure i said repeatedly in early-mid 2020 we're not getting a leader that makes a big diff. this site will never admit to it, but i see it more every day that goes by.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:08 pm

there are fewer and fewer spots to put this up and see a difference. utilize them while you can.

pretty sure i said repeatedly in early-mid 2020 we're not getting a leader that makes a big diff. this site will never admit to it, but i see it more every day that goes by.
I don’t care what Joe Biden does or says. I would have voted for a manhole cover. My dislike of the Donald dates back to the 1980’s. I don’t care who the POTUS is generally. Never have and probably never will. You won’t see a criticism of Joe Biden from me. You can bank on it….Trump changed the tone of behavior in this country. I know a lot of folks that felt it. Good riddance.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:13 pm

I don’t care what Joe Biden does or says. I would have voted for a manhole cover. My dislike of the Donald dates back to the 1980’s. I don’t care who the POTUS is generally. Never have and probably never will. You won’t see a criticism of Joe Biden from me. You can bank on it….Trump changed the tone of behavior in this country. I know a lot of folks that felt it. Good riddance.
i agree that's what you think. you seemed altogether ready to put his track record up.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:18 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:13 pm

i agree that's what you think. you seemed altogether ready to put his track record up.
What’s not to like?
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad