Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:50 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:38 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:15 pm Another DeSanctimonious scam fails. Ronnie has been trying to terrorize Florida school employees over disagreeing with his dumbass over LGBTQ issues. So he packed the Broward County school board with his ass lickers last year. On Nov 14, 2022, post-election, the school board fired the Superintendent. The members who voted to fire the Superintendent, all but one, had lost their mid-term elections, and voted as lame ducks. Yesterday the new school board took up the issue and reversed the decision and restored the Superintendent. I am sure the county is facing legal bills for the removal and packing of the school board and the unlawful firing of the Superintendent. This dumbass sh*t will catch up with the scum bag when he next runs for office. He will not be elected POTUS. He won't be running exclusively in a brain-dead state.
Sounds like Ron has you scared chitless Dr Wizard?? A brain dead PhD whining about a brain dead state. :D
Do you have an opinion on the topic of the post or just the poster?
Do you have an opinion of the asinine vitriol spouted by the poster? In true fashion your too much of a chicken chit to call the poster out. Did you even bother to READ dr wizards angry rant?? The only thing that bothered you is that I called him out. Why don't you do something useful for a change and chase out all of those white supremacists hiding behind the trees in your backyard? If you don't like my attitude then report my post. Do you agree with dr wizard that Ron is a scumbag??
You have after all anointed yourself the " Mr manners" of this forum.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:15 pm Another DeSanctimonious scam fails. Ronnie has been trying to terrorize Florida school employees over disagreeing with his dumbass over LGBTQ issues. So he packed the Broward County school board with his ass lickers last year. On Nov 14, 2022, post-election, the school board fired the Superintendent. The members who voted to fire the Superintendent, all but one, had lost their mid-term elections, and voted as lame ducks. Yesterday the new school board took up the issue and reversed the decision and restored the Superintendent. I am sure the county is facing legal bills for the removal and packing of the school board and the unlawful firing of the Superintendent. This dumbass sh*t will catch up with the scum bag when he next runs for office. He will not be elected POTUS. He won't be running exclusively in a brain-dead state.
Sounds like Ron has you scared chitless Dr Wizard?? A brain dead PhD whining about a brain dead state. :D
... what a life. I get to live rent free!! Only complaint, the space is on the small side. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:48 pm
Do you have an opinion of the asinine vitriol spouted by the poster? In true fashion your too much of a chicken chit to call the poster out. Did you even bother to READ dr wizards angry rant?? The only thing that bothered you is that I called him out. Why don't you do something useful for a change and chase out all of those white supremacists hiding behind the trees in your backyard? If you don't like my attitude then report my post. Do you agree with dr wizard that Ron is a scumbag??
First, I didn't consider his post "asinine", though certainly "vitriol" is fair.
I agreed with nearly all, including the fundamental sentiment about DeSantis, though our styles may differ in how we'd say it.

If you don't agree with his assessment of this particular issue with DeSantis' handling of the school board, you are free to share exactly why you disagree. But you didn't...you only attacked the poster.

I'm inviting you to focus on your disagreement, if any, with the topic.

For instance, the one part I'm not so sure about what was his assertion that DeSantis will not be elected POTUS.
That does worry me.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... DeSantis is being very effectively labeled all across the country by his opponents before he even introduces himself.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:43 pm
First, I didn't consider his post "asinine", though certainly "vitriol" is fair.
I agreed with nearly all, including the fundamental sentiment about DeSantis, though our styles may differ in how we'd say it.

If you don't agree with his assessment of this particular issue with DeSantis' handling of the school board, you are free to share exactly why you disagree. But you didn't...you only attacked the poster.

For instance, the one part I'm not so sure about what was his assertion that DeSantis will not be elected POTUS.
That does worry me.
FTR, I don't care about his handling of the school board. That is an issue for the people who live in Florida to decide. Back up the bus, the people of Florida just decided that issue by reelecting him by a wide margin. The issue that scares so many people on the left is they understand he could be a very potent opponent in a general election. IMO that explains the paranoia coursing through 72s veins. That explains the need to excoriate Ron on the left. They understand his message will likely resonate very well with his base. They also understand he has a good chance of winning in 2024. The desperation is already creeping in when the FLP has to label him as a scumbag. One thing for certain about Ron, he is not Mitt Romney. There is a dark horse candidate for your party, her name is Liz Cheney. She may as well be in line for being labeled as a scumbag. She is Dick Cheney's daughter after all. The irony is some folks here on our forum who have a crazy mad love affair with Liz will eviscerate her in a heartbeat should she decide to run. That is sort of in line with how they dealt with John McCain if you remember that far back. To sum it up for you MD, no matter who your party chooses to run for POTUS they will automatically become a scumbag in the eyes of one poster. You don't believe me wait and see. I'll bookmark this post for future reference.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:11 am

That does worry me.
FTR, I don't care about his handling of the school board. That is an issue for the people who live in Florida to decide. Back up the bus, the people of Florida just decided that issue by reelecting him by a wide margin. The issue that scares so many people on the left is they understand he could be a very potent opponent in a general election. IMO that explains the paranoia coursing through 72s veins. That explains the need to excoriate Ron on the left. They understand his message will likely resonate very well with his base. They also understand he has a good chance of winning in 2024. The desperation is already creeping in when the FLP has to label him as a scumbag. One thing for certain about Ron, he is not Mitt Romney. There is a dark horse candidate for your party, her name is Liz Cheney. She may as well be in line for being labeled as a scumbag. She is Dick Cheney's daughter after all. The irony is some folks here on our forum who have a crazy mad love affair with Liz will eviscerate her in a heartbeat should she decide to run. That is sort of in line with how they dealt with John McCain if you remember that far back. To sum it up for you MD, no matter who your party chooses to run for POTUS they will automatically become a scumbag in the eyes of one poster. You don't believe me wait and see. I'll bookmark this post for future reference.
I was with a Florida resident last week, a guy well to the right of me, a previously staunch Republican (but not MAGA), and he was explaining to some new residents in our Florida community, from Canada, why he dislikes (I think he used the word hate) DeSantis so much); it's these ridiculous, stupid dog whistle 'culture' issues and his clearly fascist approach to governing. These views are due to DeSantis' actions and statements in his effort to attract national MAGA approval, not "labelling".

But, believe me, it's not FLP alone who think DeSantis is a "scumbag" or similar opinions.

A whole lot of moderate R's (like me), (actual) conservative R's, and I's, think so as well. But the Dem party is a disaster in Florida right now, very badly organized, and the national party appears to have basically given up on the state...for now.

But MAGA types do like DeSantis, and there's a heck of a lot of them in Florida.
And he's been savvy with the Republican Cuban community as well.

I think he currently has the best chance to win the MAGA nomination, assuming Trump folds up shop at some point and they don't tear each other apart, but I think his very poor interpersonal skills, and lack of composure, will get revealed under pressure. I think he'll be revealed as an authoritarian blowhard under that pressure.

Of course, if the Dems put a weak candidate against him, we could get another disastrous situation ala 2016.

My concern is that he'll be a much more 'competent' authoritarian than was Trump, and with the benefit of seeing how Trump didn't adequately hardwire his permanent control, DeSantis will do so effectively. And in 2040, he'll still be in power in a very different America.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:01 am

That does worry me.
I was with a Florida resident last week, a guy well to the right of me, a previously staunch Republican (but not MAGA), and he was explaining to some new residents in our Florida community, from Canada, why he dislikes (I think he used the word hate) DeSantis so much); it's these ridiculous, stupid dog whistle 'culture' issues and his clearly fascist approach to governing. These views are due to DeSantis' actions and statements in his effort to attract national MAGA approval, not "labelling".

But, believe me, it's not FLP alone who think DeSantis is a "scumbag" or similar opinions.

A whole lot of moderate R's (like me), (actual) conservative R's, and I's, think so as well. But the Dem party is a disaster in Florida right now, very badly organized, and the national party appears to have basically given up on the state...for now.

But MAGA types do like DeSantis, and there's a heck of a lot of them in Florida.

I think he currently has the best chance to win the MAGA nomination, assuming Trump folds up shop at some point and they don't tear each other apart, but I think his very poor interpersonal skills, and lack of composure, will get revealed under pressure. I think he'll be revealed as an authoritarian blowhard under that pressure.

Of course, if the Dems put a weak candidate against him, we could get another disastrous situation ala 2016.

My concern is that he'll be a much more 'competent' authoritarian than was Trump, and with the benefit of seeing how Trump didn't adequately hardwire his permanent control, DeSantis will do so effectively. And in 2040, he'll still be in power in a very different America.
So Ron is now being pigeon holed by you as the MAGA candidate. That little tidbit is good to know. The hypothetical scenario would be Ron vs Joe in 2024. The game plan for the Democrats is to do exactly what you are saying. I don't know diddly jack about who RD is. I do know he terrifies the FLP extremists who choose to label him as a scumbag and berate him on a daily basis. You only do that when your scared about what the potential opponent brings to the table. If they were not terrified of the potential GOP candidate they would not feel the urgent need to crush him like a bug. I bring back the reality of my hypothetical, Joe vs Ron in 2024. Who do you vote for??
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:52 am

That does worry me.

So Ron is now being pigeon holed by you as the MAGA candidate. That little tidbit is good to know. The hypothetical scenario would be Ron vs Joe in 2024. The game plan for the Democrats is to do exactly what you are saying. I don't know diddly jack about who RD is. I do know he terrifies the FLP extremists who choose to label him as a scumbag and berate him on a daily basis. You only do that when your scared about what the potential opponent brings to the table. If they were not terrified of the potential GOP candidate they would not feel the urgent need to crush him like a bug. I bring back the reality of my hypothetical, Joe vs Ron in 2024. Who do you vote for??
You are free to go back to the beginning of this thread begun by our pal Petey as a way to promote DeSantis.

I've been very, very consistent.
Given that you profess to not "know diddly jack about who RD is", you may find the early discussions and thereon informative about him.

Easy choice to your question: Joe.

I don't have to be 100% happy with Biden as the choice to be confident it's a far, far better choice than DeSantis.

It's going to require a GOP candidate who has been forthrightly anti-election denial, and clearly not playing "anti-woke" "culture" games, and (now) also forthrightly protective of women's reproductive rights, to attract me back to the GOP fold at POTUS.

I think the last component has become essential to my thinking to re-balance SCOTUS after the shenanigans in the past decade. I'd have preferred to not have that matter as much, but it does due to events.

I'm also not going to trust someone like DeSantis to not kowtow to hard right, "White Christian Nationalists", including tilting the field internationally towards authoritarianism, including favoring Putin over Ukraine, while pretending to be standing against the "Chinese" ( I do think is important re the CCCP). He's already signaled such willingness and the hard right recognizes those signals.

What I'd really like is for a GOP candidate to embrace SCOTUS reform, governmental corruption reform, gerrymandering reform, campaign financing reform, clearly pro-democracy, both here and abroad, strong on national defense, strong on soft-power internationally, pro-"smart" climate investments. And yup, pro-choice as a national protection, Roe standard being adequate for me.

I want careful, thoughtful investments, whether guns or butter, and a steady, predictable hand on international affairs.

Meanwhile, Joe is the closest to that when compared to the frontrunners from the GOP, and certainly relative to the MAGA crowd as a whole.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:13 am

That does worry me.

You are free to go back to the beginning of this thread begun by our pal Petey as a way to promote DeSantis.

Given that you profess to not "know diddly jack about who RD is", you may find the early discussions and thereon informative about him.

I don't have to be 100% happy with Biden as the choice to be confident it's a far, far better choice than DeSantis.

It's going to require a GOP candidate who has been forthrightly anti-election denial, and clearly not playing "anti-woke" "culture" games, and (now) also forthrightly protective of women's reproductive rights, to attract me back to the GOP fold at POTUS.

I think the last component has become essential to my thinking to re-balance SCOTUS after the shenanigans in the past decade. I'd have preferred to not have that matter as much, but it does due to events.

I'm also not going to trust someone like DeSantis to not kowtow to hard right, "White Christian Nationalists", including tilting the field internationally towards authoritarianism, including favoring Putin over Ukraine, while pretending to be standing against the "Chinese" ( I do think is important re the CCCP). He's already signaled such willingness and the hard right recognizes those signals.

What I'd really like is for a GOP candidate to embrace SCOTUS reform, governmental corruption reform, gerrymandering reform, campaign financing reform, clearly pro-democracy, both here and abroad, strong on national defense, strong on soft-power internationally, pro-"smart" climate investments. And yup, pro-choice as a national protection, Roe standard being adequate for me.

I want careful, thoughtful investments, whether guns or butter, and a steady, predictable hand on international affairs.

Meanwhile, Joe is the closest to that when compared to the frontrunners from the GOP, and certainly relative to the MAGA crowd as a whole.
What I have learned about RD has come from reading opinions about him from people such as yourself and other forum members that dislike him. I don't say this to burst your bubble but in case you have not realized over the course of time... I don't really have much faith in your opinion regarding people, places and other assorted things. They are nothing more than your opinion and I look no further into it than that.
IMO when the dust settles in 2024 it will be Joe vs Ron. Pick your poison.
On a side note my man, I just survived the possibility that yet another scumbag like King Andy Cuomo had mega strong desires to be POTUS. Even his own party finally threw him under the bus. RD has a huge problem to overcome. He has to try and unify your party. I could see Liz Cheney running as an independent to throw a monkey into RDs wrench 🔧
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:29 am

That does worry me.

What I have learned about RD has come from reading opinions about him from people such as yourself and other forum members that dislike him. I don't say this to burst your bubble but in case you have not realized over the course of time... I don't really have much faith in your opinion regarding people, places and other assorted things. They are nothing more than your opinion and I look no further into it than that.
On a side note my man, I just survived the possibility that yet another scumbag like King Andy Cuomo had mega strong desires to be POTUS. Even his own party finally threw him under the bus. RD has a huge problem to overcome. He has to try and unify your party. I could see Liz Cheney running as an independent to throw a monkey into RDs wrench 🔧
I, too, have little regard for mere opinions.

I do have a regard for facts and logic.

I stated mine.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:03 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:29 am

That does worry me.

I, too, have little regard for mere opinions.

I do have a regard for facts and logic.

I stated mine.
You stated your facts and logic that are nothing more than a product of your opinion. You see what facts you believe justify your logic and respond accordingly. Do your facts and logic prove to you that RD is a scumbag? There is the possibility that using 72s criteria you have made your own conclusion that suits what you want to believe. At the end of the day 2024 should be Joe vs Ron and the people will make their decision.
Bob Ross:
njbill

Post by njbill »

If Ron were smart (not sure that he is), he would sit out 2024 and wait until 2028. Unless they change the law, he will have to resign in order to run in 2024. Not sure he would want to do that.

Also, he would be running against an incumbent president. Tough to do. Republicans have underestimated Joe Biden for years and may be doing the same thing again in 2024. If Ron gets the nomination, he may face a third-party candidate in Trump or Cheney. If that happens, his chances of winning the White House are dramatically reduced.

If he runs in 2024 and loses, he will in all likelihood be relegated to the scrap heap of history. Yeah, Richard Nixon came back from the dead, but it hardly ever happens.

Most importantly, he needs to retool his image, if possible. Right now he is viewed as a mean-spirited, nasty, publicity seeking guy. He needs to spend four years doing a good job as Florida governor. To be honest, he needs counseling. A guy who gets so visibly angry (actually shaking with anger) when a bunch of high school kids simply are wearing masks at a press conference has something the matter with him. Maybe therapy could help.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Cradle,
At least I bother to state facts and logic.

Believe me, there are many more than “FLP” who see DeSantis as I describe.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:29 pm Cradle,

Believe me, there are many more than “FFP” who see DeSantis as I describe.
Correction, you state what you believe to be facts and logic as you interpret them. The more I understand politicians from both parties you should be more careful about how you determine logic. How is this for logic. The Senate wants to vote on this trillion dollar plus omnibus package and nobody will ever have the chance to read the damn thing before they vote on it in 2 days. Is that a logical thing to do in your opinion? It is likely going to pass and then we will know eventually how the money will be spent/wasted by the gubmint. In my world the logical thing to do would be to read the bill and understand what is being spent and why. Logic isn't what runs Washington DC now is it? It's more fun to debate on this forum what a scumbag RD is or isn't. The Democrats appear to be scared about RD because they think his message may resonate with the GOP base. RD may be the biggest chuckle head on the face of the planet but all the flak being thrown his way tells me the Democrat wonks see him as a clear and present danger to keeping the white house. They are extending a lot of energy to paint the picture of RD they want the people to see. There would be no need for such a pre emptive strike if they didn't deem him to be a threat to their party maintaining power. That is IMO a logical observation.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:01 pm

Believe me, there are many more than “FFP” who see DeSantis as I describe.
Correction, you state what you believe to be facts and logic as you interpret them. The more I understand politicians from both parties you should be more careful about how you determine logic. How is this for logic. The Senate wants to vote on this trillion dollar plus omnibus package and nobody will ever have the chance to read the damn thing before they vote on it in 2 days. Is that a logical thing to do in your opinion? It is likely going to pass and then we will know eventually how the money will be spent/wasted by the gubmint. In my world the logical thing to do would be to read the bill and understand what is being spent and why. Logic isn't what runs Washington DC now is it? It's more fun to debate on this forum what a scumbag RD is or isn't. The Democrats appear to be scared about RD because they think his message may resonate with the GOP base. RD may be the biggest chuckle head on the face of the planet but all the flak being thrown his way tells me the Democrat wonks see him as a clear and present danger to keeping the white house. They are extending a lot of energy to paint the picture of RD they want the people to see. There would be no need for such a pre emptive strike if they didn't deem him to be a threat to their party maintaining power. That is IMO a logical observation.
cradle, I hate getting personal, but you're being incredibly dense.

If you'd like to present a fact that you have confirmed and are confident is true, by all means do so.
Or show me where any fact I've presented about DeSantis over the past year and a half isn't accurate...go ahead.

Likewise, go ahead and present any logic you'd like about whether DeSantis is or is not a "scumbag" ...after doing some actual research on DeSantis. But "I don't know diddly jack about who RD is" ain't cutting it.

Yes, I agree that DeSantis is currently the most formidable threat to the Dems winning again in 2024. The GOP donors currently think so, too. And, sure, that's going to attract attention that DeSantis hasn't previously garnered. I doubt we'll find a wholesale fraud like this cat from your state (how the heck did he get through NYS GOP vetting???), but having been much closer to DeSantis due to being in Florida much of the past 3 years, I think they'll find a quite unlikable person...and they'll find him to be courting the very far right that turns the middle off.

That might attract you, but it doesn't me.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Believe me, there are many more than “FLP” who see DeSantis as I describe.
... is very clear to me that those who have opposed Trump as an authoritarian / fascist / white nationalist / racist / homophobe / xenophobe see DeSantis the same way only with a touch more competence. DeSantis will motivate that opposition as strongly as Trump has and does.

PS: DeSantis is less charming than Orange Duce, some who voted for Trump will find DeSantis much less likable. A stick in the a$$ kind of guy. :lol:
njbill

Post by njbill »

I agree, plus DeSantis will have much less appeal to the white working class voter than Trump did.

I said before, DeSantis will have trouble in the blue wall states, especially if he runs against Biden. He is the quintessential smacked ass.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

njbill wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:33 pm I agree, plus DeSantis will have much less appeal to the white working class voter than Trump did.

I said before, DeSantis will have trouble in the blue wall states, especially if he runs against Biden. He is the quintessential smacked ass.
.. yup. Haven't heard that phrase, "smacked ass", in a while. Definitely applies.
njbill

Post by njbill »

It’s a technical legal term. :)

Return to “POLITICS”