Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
elonmuskrockefeller

Re: Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

Post by elonmuskrockefeller »

Kismet wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:26 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:24 pm
CU88 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:59 pm Who has been our shortest POTUS candidate yet?
Not POTUS candidate, but Josh Shapiro weighs in around 5'5" when he tip-toes.

If you're referring to Ron D, he's around 5'11". I know. I've stood next to him. He isn't short if that's what your aim was.
When did he visit you in NY numbtnutz? :oops: :oops: :oops:

or is your PeteyBrown showing again?

You do know he travels, as do many of us. Ron doesn't sit in a castle in Tallahassee surrounded by a moat.

And yeah, I've met both him and his wife. I'm 6'3", I certainly did not tower over the guy.

I'm eagerly awaiting more 'Desantis is worse than Trump' takes. Even though he is handling Trump's tantrums perfectly, he's managed to lead Florida without any hiccups so far as I can tell (and yeah, I'm in NY as opposed to what some of the fevered brains here claim), he lead a state through two hurricanes and managed to count all votes in one night, and he's a family guy.
a fan

Post by a fan »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:09 pm I'm eagerly awaiting more 'Desantis is worse than Trump' takes.
Sigh. Deal's off, Pete. You just can't control yourself and act like an adult for five freaking minutes.

Trump, for example, didn't financially punish businesses for daring to question him the way DeSantis punished Disney.

If you don't understand how dangerous that is, you're a freaking idiot. So yep, DeSantis is worse than Trump in at least one instance. You agree with this, but won't admit it.

And you STILL can't tell us what he's going to do.....which means SOP. He's going to cut taxes, explode spending, and you'll be on here telling us why that's sooper cool. Rinse. Repeat. There's no point in voting for him if that's what's coming, Pete. Because he plays the same dog whistle games that Trump did. Pass.
elonmuskrockefeller

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:59 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:09 pm I'm eagerly awaiting more 'Desantis is worse than Trump' takes.
Sigh. Deal's off, Pete. You just can't control yourself and act like an adult for five freaking minutes.

Trump, for example, didn't financially punish businesses for daring to question him the way DeSantis punished Disney.

If you don't understand how dangerous that is, you're a freaking idiot. So yep, DeSantis is worse than Trump in at least one instance. You agree with this, but won't admit it.

And you STILL can't tell us what he's going to do.....which means SOP. He's going to cut taxes, explode spending, and you'll be on here telling us why that's sooper cool. Rinse. Repeat. There's no point in voting for him if that's what's coming, Pete. Because he plays the same dog whistle games that Trump did. Pass.

You have no clue what Desantis did, and why, to Disney other than what the media fed you. It's far from the simplified version of events.

Further, young children should not be taught about sex in schools, whether straight or gay. Schools are there to teach reading, writing and arithmetic, not sex or morality. That’s a parents job, not the Governments job.

Disney gave over $10,000,000 to Trump's election in 2020 (the guy who wouldn't care if America was Sodom and Gomorrah)...but they oppose a law that forbids underage sex education and Desantis rightly takes steps to remove their special district status is the thing that upsets you? AYFKM?!?!?
a fan

Post by a fan »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:05 pm ..but they oppose a law that forbids underage sex education and Desantis rightly takes steps to remove their special district status is the thing that upsets you? AYFKM?!?!?
Back to pretending you're an idiot, Pete?

First you claim that I don't know what happened. Two sentences later, you're telling me that yep, DeSantis punished Disney for daring to disagree with a law DeSantis championed and signed into law. :lol: You're back to contradicting your own trolling in one single post. Great job.

What you're telling me here is that you think Biden can come in and hit your company financially because you disagreed with him. Remove your tax breaks, and tell the media that he is removing your tax breaks. And you're telling us that you think this would be cool.

No one is this stupid, Pete.
Last edited by a fan on Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

is '88 gonna come back on and tell us hoo the shortest of the straws is/was?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:13 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:05 pm ..but they oppose a law that forbids underage sex education and Desantis rightly takes steps to remove their special district status is the thing that upsets you? AYFKM?!?!?

First you claim that I don't know what happened. Two sentences later, you're telling me that yep, DeSantis punished Disney for daring to disagree with a law DeSantis championed and signed into law. :lol: You're back to contradicting your own trolling in one single post. Great job.

What you're telling me here is that you think Biden can come in and hit your company financially because you disagreed with him. Remove your tax breaks, and tell the media that you're removing your tax breaks. And you're telling us that you think this would be cool.

Don’t speak for ‘do.
“I wish you would!”
elonmuskrockefeller

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:13 pm

What you're telling me here is that you think Biden can come in and hit your company financially because you disagreed with him. Remove your tax breaks, and tell the media that he is removing your tax breaks. And you're telling us that you think this would be cool.

I'm telling you only PART of the story, not all of it. You love to reduce debates to black/white simplicity, when they are anything but.

I'm not going to dive into the special district status of Disney, the history, the tradeoffs, the expectations, etc. You see a simple case of a governor lording it over a corporate citizen. That's not even true, but if it were, it's a tiny part. And to the extent it is part of the story, I and many other conservatives agree with Florida's governor there.

A few Disney employees misunderstood the bill, as do you, as do most people who only get their news from MSNBCC/CNN, and of course then the leftist narrative needs fuel, so the media backed its fat arse into the story because Bad Desantis,, the newest TDS Bad Republican line! We know the deal by now. It's all so painfully stupid.

At the same time, Desantis exercised his right to renegotiate the special district status that had extended well past its original expected shelf life. It had nothing to do with the Disney CEO nor with the overall company, but rather asserting basic normalcy into a debate which was being occupied (as always :roll: ) by a very loud, small minority of Disney employees who can't fathom that their lifestyle is anathema to most of us.

And before you start like you are itchy to do, no, no one cares if these employees are gay or into Martians; it's about not teaching kids completely inappropriate subjects and books at ages that are way out of line in any civilized society. A win for parents, and kids. A win for Desantis. A win for normalcy.

Scoreboard says Desantis is liked by a ton of Democrats. But keep regurgitating news from partisan sourcing and try to reduce things to the barest, most simple narrative. It gets you that sweet dopamine.
a fan

Post by a fan »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:29 pm You see a simple case of a governor lording it over a corporate citizen. That's not even true, but if it were, it's a tiny part .
F off with this nonsense. :lol: Yeah Pete, it was a ka-winky-dink that days after Disney spoke out, he went after them financially.

Did he pull their special tax status away over this bill, or not? The answer you yourself gave was YES.

But you don't care, because you like the bill.
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:29 pm A few Disney employees misunderstood the bill, as do you, as do most people who only get their news from MSNBCC/CNN, and of course then the leftist narrative needs fuel, so the media backed its fat arse into the story because Bad Desantis,, the newest TDS Bad Republican line! We know the deal by now. It's all so painfully stupid.
:lol: You're claiming my view on that bill is based on CNN? Says the guy who didn't bother reading the bill....you've forgotten. You're pretending to be such an utter moron, it's just sad.

I read the bill. You didn't, Pete. And did you remember what I said about the bill? You can freaking look up: go RIGHT ahead. It's a horribly poorly worded bill that doesn't really say anything at all. So I have NO PROBLEM with that dreck.

The REASON DeSantis passed it is that he knows doggone well YOU and your pals will never bother reading it, and won't understand that it doens't actually do what you think it does. So DeSantis scores points among you homophobes, while not actually doing anything.
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:29 pm At the same time, Desantis exercised his right to renegotiate the special district status that had extended well past its original expected shelf life.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: So if Biden "just coincidentally" opens IRS cases on any Republican who questions him....you'll just stand there, drool filling your shoes saying "duuuuuuh, Biden sez this is a coincidence, so I dunno".

Are you TRYING to break your record for pretending to be stupid today, Pete?
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:29 pm And before you start like you are itchy to do, no, no one cares if these employees are gay or into Martians; it's about not teaching kids completely inappropriate subjects and books at ages that are way out of line in any civilized society. A win for parents, and kids. A win for Desantis. A win for normalcy.
Again....sez the guy who didn't read the bill. I did, my man.
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:29 pm But keep regurgitating news from partisan sourcing and try to reduce things to the barest, most simple narrative. It gets you that sweet dopamine.
:lol: Spectacular Pete.

You don't read the actual bill....but want to lecture me for taking ten seconds to read it. Neat-0.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Hey Petey.

You think your Gators can handle Vandy this weekend? Or you still trying to convince us that you’re a westchester guy?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

"It was a bright, cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen". The higher education relevant bits of Ron DeSanctimonious' STOP WOKE ACT were struck down by a federal judge, calling them out for the acts of a fascist. Who would have thought?
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:16 pm "It was a bright, cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen". The higher education relevant bits of Ron DeSanctimonious' STOP WOKE ACT were struck down by a federal judge, calling them out for the acts of a fascist. Who would have thought?
72, thanks for the heads-up. Here’s the decision:

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... im-inj.pdf
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

CU88 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:59 pm Who has been our shortest POTUS candidate yet?
i mean i hate to interrupt this, but '88, who's the winner here? what was perot? hillary?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:36 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:16 pm "It was a bright, cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen". The higher education relevant bits of Ron DeSanctimonious' STOP WOKE ACT were struck down by a federal judge, calling them out for the acts of a fascist. Who would have thought?
72, thanks for the heads-up. Here’s the decision:

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... im-inj.pdf
... well written, calling this stupidity out for what it is.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
CU88

Post by CU88 »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:46 pm
i mean i hate to interrupt this, but '88, who's the winner here? what was perot? hillary?
As POTUS it was Madison and I saw Dukakis was 5’6 too.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:45 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:29 pm You see a simple case of a governor lording it over a corporate citizen. That's not even true, but if it were, it's a tiny part .
F off with this nonsense. :lol: Yeah Pete, it was a ka-winky-dink that days after Disney spoke out, he went after them financially.

Did he pull their special tax status away over this bill, or not? The answer you yourself gave was YES.

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:29 pm A few Disney employees misunderstood the bill, as do you, as do most people who only get their news from MSNBCC/CNN, and of course then the leftist narrative needs fuel, so the media backed its fat arse into the story because Bad Desantis,, the newest TDS Bad Republican line! We know the deal by now. It's all so painfully stupid.
:lol: You're claiming my view on that bill is based on CNN? Says the guy who didn't bother reading the bill....you've forgotten. You're pretending to be such an utter moron, it's just sad.

I read the bill. You didn't, Pete. And did you remember what I said about the bill? You can freaking look up: go RIGHT ahead. It's a horribly poorly worded bill that doesn't really say anything at all. So I have NO PROBLEM with that dreck.

The REASON DeSantis passed it is that he knows doggone well YOU and your pals will never bother reading it, and won't understand that it doens't actually do what you think it does. So DeSantis scores points among you homophobes, while not actually doing anything.
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:29 pm At the same time, Desantis exercised his right to renegotiate the special district status that had extended well past its original expected shelf life.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: So if Biden "just coincidentally" opens IRS cases on any Republican who questions him....you'll just stand there, drool filling your shoes saying "duuuuuuh, Biden sez this is a coincidence, so I dunno".

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:29 pm And before you start like you are itchy to do, no, no one cares if these employees are gay or into Martians; it's about not teaching kids completely inappropriate subjects and books at ages that are way out of line in any civilized society. A win for parents, and kids. A win for Desantis. A win for normalcy.
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:29 pm But keep regurgitating news from partisan sourcing and try to reduce things to the barest, most simple narrative. It gets you that sweet dopamine.

You don't read the actual bill....but want to lecture me for taking ten seconds to read it. Neat-0.
So, I think you gave Petey 3 trolling strikes...is he 'out'?
The Disney stuff is just the same hypocrisy and confused logic, again and again and again...all troll all the time.
Yes, fascist dictatorial behavior signaled by DeSantis.

On the bill re school age children, my reading was that it opened the door for state intervention if they wish to create a standard not met by a teacher or administrator. They don't adequately spell out the standard, so the teachers and administrators need to look over their shoulder in fear...which is the point.

It lets DeSantis claim he's shutting down 'woke' teaching of gender etc, making his base all giggly, but not so clear that the law gets struck down as obviously discriminatory. And it creates fear in teachers and administrators.

Do you read it differently?

The one in higher education was less disguised and was struck down.

Or do I have this wrong?...I'm not a lawyer...
elonmuskrockefeller

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:59 am
a fan wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:45 pm

So, I think you gave Petey 3 trolling strikes...is he 'out'?
The Disney stuff is just the same hypocrisy and confused logic, again and again and again...all troll all the time.
Yes, fascist dictatorial behavior signaled by DeSantis.

On the bill re school age children, my reading was that it opened the door for state intervention if they wish to create a standard not met by a teacher or administrator. They don't adequately spell out the standard, so the teachers and administrators need to look over their shoulder in fear...which is the point.

It lets DeSantis claim he's shutting down 'woke' teaching of gender etc, making his base all giggly, but not so clear that the law gets struck down as obviously discriminatory. And it creates fear in teachers and administrators.

Do you read it differently?

The one in higher education was less disguised and was struck down.

Or do I have this wrong?...I'm not a lawyer...

Yes you have it wrong, I assume because you don't like his very popular media combat combined with his very competent, effective governance.

The entire purpose behind the STOP WOKE Act was to forbid the usage of rather graphic textbooks for 3-8 year old kids. I will not link nor clip a piece of that 'art', but there is a drawing of two men engaged in graphic oral sex in one book that is beyond the pale.

How anyone in their right mind would support the usage of these graphic books to 3-8 year olds is incomprehensible.

But yeah, Desantis is a fascist. What a painfully dumb thing to say.

By the way, you call me a 'troll'...AYFKM?!?! All you do here is post about me. Is that not the very definition of a troll? You literally lie about me all day...the Admin can tell the location of my IP; it isn't Florida as you apparently want, or constantly lie about. Should I report you? How about just sticking to the subject matter?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Go ahead and report me Petey. :roll:

I didn't ask for your opinion, all you did was confirm that you believe what DeSantis and others claimed, rather than reading the actual law. Just as you did under your various other identities on here. Exactly the same.

I did ask a fan...or any lawyers who might be able to parse the legal language better than me.

You clearly haven't bothered to read it...or are consciously lying about it.

But ok, you do you, Petey.

That said, I do think that the intent of the law was to scare teachers and administrators, to squelch their free speech through intimidation, while tiptoeing legally by not actually spelling out standards...leaving that part to partisan bureaucrats.

Yup, fascist.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:52 am Go ahead and report me Petey. :roll:

I didn't ask for your opinion, all you did was confirm that you believe what DeSantis and others claimed, rather than reading the actual law. Just as you did under your various other identities on here. Exactly the same.

I did ask a fan...or any lawyers who might be able to parse the legal language better than me.

You clearly haven't bothered to read it...or are consciously lying about it.

But ok, you do you, Petey.

That said, I do think that the intent of the law was to scare teachers and administrators, to squelch their free speech through intimidation, while tiptoeing legally by not actually spelling out standards...leaving that part to partisan bureaucrats.

Yup, fascist.
+1

FASCIST!
a fan

Post by a fan »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:36 am The entire purpose behind the STOP WOKE Act was to forbid the usage of rather graphic textbooks for 3-8 year old kids.
:lol: There's NO mention of that anywhere in the Bill, Pete. Zippo. Zilch.

You're lying. And, as usual, you hilariously let other people tell you what's in the bill. Which is awesome, as you see other posters post the actual bills we discuss, and the judge's rulings.

Your tribe can't read. Or code. Or really do anything but "Karen" about pointless subjects, while our kids fall further behind in schools.

What actually happens with this stupid bills? Teachers and perspective teachers look at idiots passing these bills and say "why the F would I possibly want to work as a teacher in this State?"

And here's your results, Pete.....teacher shortages everywhere. Pay for teachers in Florida? :lol: They're ranked #47 in pay. :lol: But sure, Pete, made up books are the problem that needs fixin'. Keep at it! Let Florida fall further behind......

By 2021, Florida Education System was counting vacancies for both teachers and support staff. In August 2021, on the eve of a new school year, there were nearly 9,000 vacancies for the two groups, breaking down as 4,961 for teachers and 3,753 for support staff.

By August 2022, the situation was worse. FEA tallied a total of 10,771 advertised vacancies, with 6,006 for teachers and 4,765 for support staff — teacher aides, Exceptional Student Education (ESE) and English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) paraprofessionals, bus drivers, food-service staff, custodians and other essential employees.

Who cares, right Pete? You don't have kids. And DeSantis' kids aren't of age for school yet.....and will go private, naturally.

Sh*tting on the working class, as always.

https://feaweb.org/issues-action/teache ... -shortage/
elonmuskrockefeller

a fan wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:30 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:36 am The entire purpose behind the STOP WOKE Act was to forbid the usage of rather graphic textbooks for 3-8 year old kids.
:lol: There's NO mention of that anywhere in the Bill, Pete. Zippo. Zilch.

You're lying. And, as usual, you hilariously let other people tell you what's in the bill. Which is awesome, as you see other posters post the actual bills we discuss, and the judge's rulings.

Your tribe can't read. Or code. Or really do anything but "Karen" about pointless subjects, while our kids fall further behind in schools.

What actually happens with this stupid bills? Teachers and perspective teachers look at idiots passing these bills and say "why the F would I possibly want to work as a teacher in this State?"

And here's your results, Pete.....teacher shortages everywhere. Pay for teachers in Florida? :lol: They're ranked #47 in pay. :lol: But sure, Pete, made up books are the problem that needs fixin'. Keep at it! Let Florida fall further behind......

By 2021, Florida Education System was counting vacancies for both teachers and support staff. In August 2021, on the eve of a new school year, there were nearly 9,000 vacancies for the two groups, breaking down as 4,961 for teachers and 3,753 for support staff.

By August 2022, the situation was worse. FEA tallied a total of 10,771 advertised vacancies, with 6,006 for teachers and 4,765 for support staff — teacher aides, Exceptional Student Education (ESE) and English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) paraprofessionals, bus drivers, food-service staff, custodians and other essential employees.

Who cares, right Pete? You don't have kids. And DeSantis' kids aren't of age for school yet.....and will go private, naturally.

Sh*tting on the working class, as always.

https://feaweb.org/issues-action/teache ... -shortage/

The bill is far broader than simply saying don't include graphic sex books in 3-8 year old educational materials; that is easy to discern from the language, if not just exercising your basic common decency.

The ACT expands protections to protect kids from race-essentialist trainings and indoctrination as well. If a teacher isn't saying discriminatory stuff to or about any race, they won't run afoul of the law. The STOP WOKE Act clarifies that existing legal protections against race-based discrimination apply to workplaces and workplace trainings; discrimination under the DEI banner is unlawful in the State of Florida (were it everywhere...).

Meanwhile, Desantis has never proposed censoring Disney films, has he? 'fAsCiSm'

Return to “POLITICS”