The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: 2024

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 11:38 am https://www.newsweek.com/dei-racial-slu ... ns-1884034

What a surprise
"Urban" and "thug" come to mind.
Typical Lax Dad

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/202 ... -baltimore

The Jihadist at the FTC was a DEI hire….
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

old salt wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 11:08 am
a fan wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:42 am
old salt wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 6:42 am I did not complain about grocery monolipies. You did on my behalf. I told you how my family copes with it. I didn't complain about it - you did.
The FTC did not protect us & we don't need them to. They'd force us to go union, against the wishes of our employees.
:lol: More gaslighting.....you recognize how much harder things were made by the monopolies, and pointed it out, and told me the FTC did nothing.

You understand just fine. "Force us to go union". :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Nothing like just making stuff up to try and virtue signal.
old salt wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 4:31 pm I also pointed out how ridiculous it is to compare an industry leading Genomics company with an independent family grocery store.
Don't care. That's your OPINION, masquerading as fact. You're convinced that because you say something, it's a fact...which is why you ignore anything anyone here posts, and trundle ahead. No thought. No pause. Not an ounce of hubris.
old salt wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 4:31 pm My Motivations ? Selfish-Ocracy ? :lol: I don't seek or need more money.
Right. Yet you've now posted dozens of times showing you're clearly outraged to the point where you called the clearly qualified FTC Chair a "DEI hire". Either you are REALLY mad, or you're a racist. Pick one.

And we both know you're not a racist. This is transparently about money. If the value of the stock had remained unchanged? You wouldn't have so much as noticed what the FTC did. Trying to sell the forum on any other motivation is a waste of time. You want more money. Period.

And again.....that's fine. This is America. I wish you and your family all the success in the world.
You're right -- I'm REALLY mad. ...not at the lost money but losing the amount of good things we could have done with it.
I'm aware that you should never invest money in stocks that you can't afford to lose. We factored that in when we bought & retained ILMN.
By all metrics, it was a rock solid long term play. No risk factors. No way to anticipate Khan's overreach. It was unprecedented in many ways.
Her hiring & trustbusting is part of a DEI agenda.
There is no such animal as “no risk factors.”

Risk is seldom properly understood by the vast majority of investors. Even Treasuries have been downgraded by one rating agency.
Typical Lax Dad

OCanada wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:13 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 6:42 am I did not complain about grocery monolipies. You did on my behalf. I told you how my family copes with it. I didn't complain about it - you did.
The FTC did not protect us & we don't need them to. They'd force us to go union, against the wishes of our employees.
:lol: More gaslighting.....you recognize how much harder things were made by the monopolies, and pointed it out, and told me the FTC did nothing.

You understand just fine. "Force us to go union". :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Nothing like just making stuff up to try and virtue signal.
old salt wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 4:31 pm I also pointed out how ridiculous it is to compare an industry leading Genomics company with an independent family grocery store.
Don't care. That's your OPINION, masquerading as fact. You're convinced that because you say something, it's a fact...which is why you ignore anything anyone here posts, and trundle ahead. No thought. No pause. Not an ounce of hubris.
old salt wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 4:31 pm My Motivations ? Selfish-Ocracy ? :lol: I don't seek or need more money.
Right. Yet you've now posted dozens of times showing you're clearly outraged to the point where you called the clearly qualified FTC Chair a "DEI hire". Either you are REALLY mad, or you're a racist. Pick one.

And we both know you're not a racist. This is transparently about money. If the value of the stock had remained unchanged? You wouldn't have so much as noticed what the FTC did. Trying to sell the forum on any other motivation is a waste of time. You want more money. Period.

And again.....that's fine. This is America. I wish you and your family all the success in the world.
You're right -- I'm REALLY mad. ...not at the lost money but losing the amount of good things we could have done with it.
I'm aware that you should never invest money in stocks that you can't afford to lose. We factored that in when we bought & retained ILMN.
By all metrics, it was a rock solid long term play. No risk factors. No way to anticipate Khan's overreach. It was unprecedented in many ways.

Risk is seldom properly understood by the vast majority of investors. Even Treasuries have been downgraded by one rating agency.
They are always listed in the 10K. Some or more prevalent than others but management details it's perceived risk factors. In Old Salt's case, as big as day was the Illumina / Grail risk factor. Even said the stock can go down.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:47 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:40 am You're not allowed to earn anything. It all must flow through govt first. And then you can have the leftover.
Again, you're a Federal contractor, Kram. If you believe this? Stop selling stuff to the .gov

We are a services contractor. Gov't and commercial market. Doing a job the gov't can't. Our profits are fine without them. But we will 100% take their money and do the job, cheaper, better, and more efficiently than the gov't can. At this point we are saving the taxpayer's money. But not sure what this has to do with the collection of personal income taxes.
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:40 am People in this country don't understand that the #1 goal of law enforcement is NOT to protect or serve, but to simply enter people into the judicial system.
That's what the Defund the Police crew says. You're on board with that, Kram? On board with what? I can share a belief but it doesn't mean I support a fringe/extreme cause/solution.
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:40 am Just like they don't understand that the #1 goal of gov't officials/politicians is not to provide basic services or protections, but to take your money to grow the government.
Kram.....you're a Federal Contractor. Why do you keep posting this stuff? It obvious you don't know how federal officials, or their budgets work. Your eyes would be opened if you saw them in action at the end/beginning of their fiscal years. Spending sprees on nothing ... to ensure next year's budget remains the same or grows. Growth is always the goal. Whether it's needed in the future or not.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:33 pm We are a services contractor. Gov't and commercial market. Doing a job the gov't can't. Our profits are fine without them. But we will 100% take their money and do the job, cheaper, better, and more efficiently than the gov't can. At this point we are saving the taxpayer's money. But not sure what this has to do with the collection of personal income taxes.
You're making a claim you likely don't have the time to back up....you're certain that you can do the job cheaper and better than the government can?

It has to to do with: you can't complain about big government fleecing taxpayers....when you're the guy who's getting the taxpayer money that's been collected.

If you truly believe in smaller government, you wouldn't work for a company that feeds on taxpayer dollars. You'd look to work for a free market company like mine, and put your money where your mouth is. My tax dollars line your pockets, Kram. And I'm good with that...but you're claiming you're NOT good with that, and want less Federal spending.

Essentially what you're saying is: Big Government is bad. Except what MY company does for the .gov. It's the "other companies" that are bad and are leading to Big Government.

Do you not see how this reads?

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:40 am On board with what? I can share a belief but it doesn't mean I support a fringe/extreme cause/solution (defunding the police).
So then what's the solution? You're telling us that law enforcement isn't there to protect and serve...and boy, do I disagree.

So what would it look like if they were there to protect and serve?
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:40 am It obvious you don't know how federal officials, or their budgets work. Your eyes would be opened if you saw them in action at the end/beginning of their fiscal years. Spending sprees on nothing ... to ensure next year's budget remains the same or grows. Growth is always the goal. Whether it's needed in the future or not.
Oh, I know. If we're going to say what's obvious....it's obvious you've never worked for a large company. Because the game here is that you think "only" Federal entities are inefficient. Have you ever had bad customer service from a large company? Yes, right? Now how is this possible if the free market is so awesome, and only the Federal Government has operational issues?

More to the point: how efficient would your company work of Lauren Boebert was in charge of your budget? Wanna see more effective Federal Government? Remove the political appointees entirely. Watch what happens.

And slightly more Inefficiency is the price we pay for letting the people having a say in how it runs.....and the American people aren't exactly great operations managers......no group contradicts themselves and sends mixed messages than the American people.

To wit: you want small government.....yet you put food on your table from money you take from taxpayers. And you're acting like this isn't a contradiction that makes zero sense.

if you're Kramerica's Rep in Congress....what the heck are they to conclude in terms of what you want them to do? "Well, he says he wants smaller government....but if I cut the program he sells his wares to, he's going to have less money.....what the heck am I supposed to do here?"
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Governments are remakably efficient in many ways.

One if the issues in rhe economy is lack of competition. Mega companies build moats and work to ensure their survival. “

Lack of competition drives up prices. People talk about efficiency but do not really want it. The military could save billions were it not for the private sector and the role of money in the political sector.
a fan

Post by a fan »

OCanada wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:36 pm Governments are remakably efficient in many ways.

One if the issues in rhe economy is lack of competition. Mega companies build moats and work to ensure their survival. “

Lack of competition drives up prices. People talk about efficiency but do not really want it. The military could save billions were it not for the private sector and the role of money in the political sector.
Yes. Open Federal R&D labs, instead of handing money to BIg Pharma.

...and most importantly? The American people would own the patents outright. But because we have a bunch of nutjob voters, we can't do smart things like this. Picture how much of a tax cut Americans would have gotten if the Covid vaccine patents were owned by the American people. And that's just ONE drug.

Every FDA drug approved in the last decade took Federal R&D grants to develop it. Do we get a cut for funding this? F no. That would make too much sense, and we know who's running the show.....the very Monopolies that Old Salt is telling us are soooper-fantastic-what's-the-problem?
Typical Lax Dad

It is Jihad Jane's fault that the stock has tanked.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Translation - Dammit, why’d you go and announce this now before we got all those on-the-fence votes from voters thinking we’re actually reasonable?

https://apple.news/AykHfF6iYRhuxDfujGDYdxg
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:26 pm

They are always listed in the 10K. Some or more prevalent than others but management details it's perceived risk factors. In Old Salt's case, as big as day was the Illumina / Grail risk factor. Even said the stock can go down.
What was the date on the disclaimer posted above. You can say that about any stock. It's a standard disclaimer. They all say their stock can go down. ILMN was the industry leader with an 80% market share. A friendly merger with a former subsidary, spun off just 5 years earlier, would have been a no brainier under any other admin's FTC. Your list of horribles was a standard disclaimer issued by any company.
In this case, the FTC's decisions drove down the stock price, not market factors or performance.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 11:38 am https://www.newsweek.com/dei-racial-slu ... ns-1884034

What a surprise
Everything is racist. Didn't you get the talking point memo ?
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:21 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:26 pm

What was the date on the disclaimer posted above. You can say that about any stock. It's a standard disclaimer. They all say their stock can go down. ILMN was the industry leader with an 80% market share. A friendly merger with a former subsidary, spun off just 5 years earlier, would have been a no brainier under any other admin's FTC. Your list of horribles was a standard disclaimer issued by any company.
In this case, the FTC's decisions drove down the stock price, not market factors or performance.
Didn’t you read the 10K?
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

old salt wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:23 pm

What a surprise
Yes. Most hard working black Americans want liberal white women to stay in their lane.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Typical Lax Dad

What a surprise
The DEI Jihadist costs you some unrealized gains.
Typical Lax Dad

Typical Lax Dad

get it to x wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:28 pm

What a surprise
Yes. Most hard working black Americans want liberal white women to stay in their lane.
That DEI Jihadist cost you some money too?
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 2:20 pm Image

It is Jihad Jane's fault that the stock has tanked.
Your chart shows exactly that : ILMN was not a threat to anyone. Moderate growth, until a downturn after Madame Khan overruled her own FTC Judge & commissioners. ILMN lagged the other indices because of the protracted uncertainty (caused by Khan) about the GRAL merger.

Political market interference.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:58 pm .....the very Monopolies that Old Salt is telling us are soooper-fantastic-what's-the-problem?
You mean the 2 evil non-govt BIG PHARMA companies that developed & brought to market the 2 MRNA vaccines that saved millions of lives, before any socialist or communist country could produce a vaccine that worked ? How'd China's or Russia's vaccine work out ?

Return to “POLITICS”