Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
tech37

Re: Racism in America- Week 4 of Unrest

Post by tech37 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:14 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:48 pm
tech37 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:35 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:27 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:14 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:47 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:13 pm The only demand I have from the BLM comes out of a very simple reality IMO. If black lives matter and words are suppose to mean things then all black lives should matter. They should matter as much as the cop choking a man to death on a street corner to a young black man gunned down on a street corner because of a disagreement on whose street corner it is. If I am missing something here then I am all ears.
You're missing the actual mission statement of the organization, and instead project what it is YOU think they should be doing.

There are plenty of organizations that work on local violence in cities all across America. A ton that deal specifically with drug and gang related violence.
From their website, it seems it 'started' as a movement for equality against the state (in red), then furthered to include the entire community (in blue) aspect. I believe this is where the discussion splits hairs.

In the years since, we’ve committed to struggling together and to imagining and creating a world free of anti-Blackness, where every Black person has the social, economic, and political power to thrive.

Black Lives Matter began as a call to action in response to state-sanctioned violence and anti-Black racism. Our intention from the very beginning was to connect Black people from all over the world who have a shared desire for justice to act together in their communities. The impetus for that commitment was, and still is, the rampant and deliberate violence inflicted on us by the state.

This Milwaukee cop does explains the concern....from 2014.

Great post YA. The words of the police chief says it all. When he tells them why he was on his phone it shut every body in the room the hell up. The officers words speak of the frustration he lives with everyday.
Bravo Youth... here we are in 2020 and I have to wonder how this great policeman is holding up?
Fellas, do you REALLY not understand what you're doing here?

You're telling me that we can't work on keeping the police from murdering the very citizens they're supposed to protect "until" we fix the gang and/or drug wars? You honestly don't see how dumb this is?

How come you guys....or this police chief.....didn't pull this nonsense when we had school shootings? "We can't try and minimize school shootings until we get the drug and gang related murder rate down in Chicago!! We just can't do it! How fast would that policeman get fired if he said that?

One (drug wars) has nothing to do with the other (police killing black citizens for no reason). This is not complicated.
Complete imbecility. Ironically, people snapped to attention when the opioid epidemic hit and it wasn’t an inner city crack problem that just impacted the morally and spiritually compromised. Let folks start getting choked out in a Chevy Chase, Alexandria, Bala Cynwd, Sudbury or Southport and see how things change. It won’t be, have your kids stop doing coke before you ask the police to stop abusing them.
:? You guys are deep in the weeds from the original posts...somehow it's now some sort of binary choice?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:13 pm DISRN media bias fact check.

Right, I'll buy any thing these guys report. :lol:

Ummmm, you know there’s a video of her saying just that, right?

You can click the link and watch it. It won’t hurt you, I promise. It’ll hurt your narrative but honesty is the best policy JHU. C’mon, you can do it....click then watch.

https://disrn.com/news/video-surfaces-o ... d-marxists

Yes BLM is basically a Marxist group, but since Democrats are something similar, I suspect it won’t disturb you so much as disappoint you that one of your pet causes says the quiet part out loud. Unless you think Marxism is great and you don’t shy from saying so?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

tech37 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:24 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:14 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:48 pm
tech37 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:35 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:27 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:14 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:47 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:13 pm The only demand I have from the BLM comes out of a very simple reality IMO. If black lives matter and words are suppose to mean things then all black lives should matter. They should matter as much as the cop choking a man to death on a street corner to a young black man gunned down on a street corner because of a disagreement on whose street corner it is. If I am missing something here then I am all ears.
You're missing the actual mission statement of the organization, and instead project what it is YOU think they should be doing.

There are plenty of organizations that work on local violence in cities all across America. A ton that deal specifically with drug and gang related violence.
From their website, it seems it 'started' as a movement for equality against the state (in red), then furthered to include the entire community (in blue) aspect. I believe this is where the discussion splits hairs.

In the years since, we’ve committed to struggling together and to imagining and creating a world free of anti-Blackness, where every Black person has the social, economic, and political power to thrive.

Black Lives Matter began as a call to action in response to state-sanctioned violence and anti-Black racism. Our intention from the very beginning was to connect Black people from all over the world who have a shared desire for justice to act together in their communities. The impetus for that commitment was, and still is, the rampant and deliberate violence inflicted on us by the state.

This Milwaukee cop does explains the concern....from 2014.

Great post YA. The words of the police chief says it all. When he tells them why he was on his phone it shut every body in the room the hell up. The officers words speak of the frustration he lives with everyday.
Bravo Youth... here we are in 2020 and I have to wonder how this great policeman is holding up?
Fellas, do you REALLY not understand what you're doing here?

You're telling me that we can't work on keeping the police from murdering the very citizens they're supposed to protect "until" we fix the gang and/or drug wars? You honestly don't see how dumb this is?

How come you guys....or this police chief.....didn't pull this nonsense when we had school shootings? "We can't try and minimize school shootings until we get the drug and gang related murder rate down in Chicago!! We just can't do it! How fast would that policeman get fired if he said that?

One (drug wars) has nothing to do with the other (police killing black citizens for no reason). This is not complicated.
Complete imbecility. Ironically, people snapped to attention when the opioid epidemic hit and it wasn’t an inner city crack problem that just impacted the morally and spiritually compromised. Let folks start getting choked out in a Chevy Chase, Alexandria, Bala Cynwd, Sudbury or Southport and see how things change. It won’t be, have your kids stop doing coke before you ask the police to stop abusing them.
:? You guys are deep in the weeds from the original posts...somehow it's now some sort of binary choice?
Now a Binary choice? Like the BLM people?
“I wish you would!”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Here is a terrible union that the r's will never want to "bust".

Have cops always been such snowflakes?

San Antonio police union president says 'goddamn' is as offensive as the N-word
https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local ... 357083.php
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

CU88 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:45 pm Here is a terrible union that the r's will never want to "bust".

Have cops always been such snowflakes?

San Antonio police union president says 'goddamn' is as offensive as the N-word
https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local ... 357083.php

....because faith isn’t important :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:23 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:12 pm
HooDat wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:57 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:55 pm
HooDat wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:48 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:42 pm Good reading.
https://www.epi.org/publication/the-col ... d-america/
Not sure I call it "good", but it is important.

I will never forget when I bought my first house. The deed (which originated in the early 1900's) contained a provision that said that the title was only transferable to a white person. Obviously the clause was not enforceable, but the fact that the language was even there was eye-opening.
Good if you want to be informed.
fair :lol:
the comment was meant as a light-hearted way of acknowledging that, as reflected in the article. there is a lot of not so "good" in our history.
I knew what you meant. Did you ever watch the full frontline documentary on Dayton, Ohio? You may be either to sad or angry after watching it. We have a system that just isn’t sustainable. More and more people have less and less economic upward mobility. It’s ruling, gentry and peasants classes and t more and more wealth flows to ruling and gentry classes. I remember when families routinely went from government support, to working class and into the lower middle class. That’s a pipe dream for most people. Unfortunately you have to prepare your kids for college and hope it works out which may also be a pipe dream for many.
the evolution to globalism has had consequences. don't think they've necessarily been unforeseen. our political/lobbyist/corporate triumvirate is a cabal that won't be broken up until the people believe it needs to be, or should be. and even then, it won't be easy.

somehow or other, there's got to be a better way. and until it's dug into, the fruits of business will not be going to the workers. all for free enterprise, but corporations shouldn't be getting the free ride on the taxpayer's dime with the aid of byzantine accounting and legal teams, and of course your friendly neighborhood politician.
once or whenever the cabal gets broken, get smart people to figure it out. buy them out from apple or nike.
https://hbr.org/2012/07/a-better-way-to ... businesses
some ideas in the above might be good, maybe only if in conjunction with others. keep playing whack-o-mole until the outs are no longer there. but effective ideas are out there. now that we are in this discussion of equity, this is a result that can happen. advocating for overseas slave labor so your company can make a few more bucks, not pay taxes, in the interest of "the free market" rings pretty hollow. small businesses will be in shorter supply for a bit, maybe more than a bit. if our government isn't called upon to have private enterprise move this needle now, we'll be looking at just a larger ponzi scheme in pretty short order.
I had fierce debates back in business school. It was like “why are you in an MBA program if you think like that”? My working class roots were showing. The stocks market has been incredible. How many people making $15.00 an hour can afford to put their money into a 401K and wait 30 to 40 years to get it? Some call it lack of discipline....I call it “not making enough money to afford that luxury”.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

I wonder what kind of risk adjusted return these folks are seeing for the greatest economy of our lifetime.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

It’s a ruling class, gentry and peasant system. The vast majority rule here are gentry.

I have been saying for years, America hides its poor. Better to think it’s just poor inner city people so we can all sleep better at night. Generally what you see on tv. Rural crime and poverty is under represented in the mass media.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:53 pm

I will never forget when I bought my first house. The deed (which originated in the early 1900's) contained a provision that said that the title was only transferable to a white person. Obviously the clause was not enforceable, but the fact that the language was even there was eye-opening.
the comment was meant as a light-hearted way of acknowledging that, as reflected in the article. there is a lot of not so "good" in our history.
I knew what you meant. Did you ever watch the full frontline documentary on Dayton, Ohio? You may be either to sad or angry after watching it. We have a system that just isn’t sustainable. More and more people have less and less economic upward mobility. It’s ruling, gentry and peasants classes and t more and more wealth flows to ruling and gentry classes. I remember when families routinely went from government support, to working class and into the lower middle class. That’s a pipe dream for most people. Unfortunately you have to prepare your kids for college and hope it works out which may also be a pipe dream for many.
the evolution to globalism has had consequences. don't think they've necessarily been unforeseen. our political/lobbyist/corporate triumvirate is a cabal that won't be broken up until the people believe it needs to be, or should be. and even then, it won't be easy.

somehow or other, there's got to be a better way. and until it's dug into, the fruits of business will not be going to the workers. all for free enterprise, but corporations shouldn't be getting the free ride on the taxpayer's dime with the aid of byzantine accounting and legal teams, and of course your friendly neighborhood politician.
once or whenever the cabal gets broken, get smart people to figure it out. buy them out from apple or nike.
some ideas in the above might be good, maybe only if in conjunction with others. keep playing whack-o-mole until the outs are no longer there. but effective ideas are out there. now that we are in this discussion of equity, this is a result that can happen. advocating for overseas slave labor so your company can make a few more bucks, not pay taxes, in the interest of "the free market" rings pretty hollow. small businesses will be in shorter supply for a bit, maybe more than a bit. if our government isn't called upon to have private enterprise move this needle now, we'll be looking at just a larger ponzi scheme in pretty short order.
I had fierce debates back in business school. It was like “why are you in an MBA program if you think like that”? My working class roots were showing. The stocks market has been incredible. How many people making $15.00 an hour can afford to put their money into a 401K and wait 30 to 40 years to get it? Some call it lack of discipline....I call it “not making enough money to afford that luxury”.

You should ask for a refund from your b-school; they ruined your common sense and curiosity.

No one there told you you could own the greatest stocks for only $5?!

https://www.schwab.com/fractional-shares-stock-slices
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:05 pm

You should ask for a refund from your b-school; they ruined your common sense and curiosity.

You fell short of your parents. I gather I am 300,000x what they were....at least. You should ask for a refund from your inferior government sponsored education.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:07 pm

You fell short of your parents. I gather I am 300,000x what they were....at least. You should ask for a refund from your inferior government sponsored education.

Weak sauce reply.

The answer to your riddle is: you had no discipline. $5 and you could have owned Amazon. Instead you got drunk on Genny Cream Ale and resorted to becoming a Democrat.
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:15 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:07 pm

Weak sauce reply.

The answer to your riddle is: you had no discipline. $5 and you could have owned Amazon. Instead you got drunk on Genny Cream Ale and resorted to becoming a Democrat.
I am fully invested. I was talking about poor people.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Racism in America- Week 3 of Riots

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:16 am https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/sh ... g-n1231142

So this is how some folks get their "payback" against the police? Some stupid F**K will now probably wind up with 3 counts of attempted murder on a police officer. If convicted that person will probably spend a good portion of the rest of their lives in jail. They sure taught those "pigs" a lesson didn't they? I'm waiting to see how long it takes some of the knuckleheads on this forum to use the public anger against the police to justify murdering cops? I am betting it will not take very long. :roll:
Update: https://nypost.com/2020/06/22/how-nypd- ... cy-theory/
“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:05 pm You should ask for a refund from your b-school; they ruined your common sense and curiosity.

Remember when the FanLax Warren Buffett, Peter Brown, was touting Gilead stock? Down 11% since then.
Typical Lax Dad

njbill wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:30 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:05 pm You should ask for a refund from your b-school; they ruined your common sense and curiosity.

Remember when the FanLax Warren Buffett, Peter Brown, was touting Gilead stock? Down 11% since then.
He is Bandito.....same exact cadence.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Hey look at this. The Democrats now demanding that all statues and murals of ‘white Jesus’ be torn down. What a party there!

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... hite-jesus

Just yesterday the Fanlax Democrats said their party would stop with confederates.

Hint: Democrats don’t care about confederate statues. They want far far more. I’d say ‘Jesus effing you know what’, but I don’t want to give Democrats any more motivation.
cradleandshoot

Re: Racism in America- Week 3 of Riots

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:51 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:16 am https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/sh ... g-n1231142

So this is how some folks get their "payback" against the police? Some stupid F**K will now probably wind up with 3 counts of attempted murder on a police officer. If convicted that person will probably spend a good portion of the rest of their lives in jail. They sure taught those "pigs" a lesson didn't they? I'm waiting to see how long it takes some of the knuckleheads on this forum to use the public anger against the police to justify murdering cops? I am betting it will not take very long. :roll:
Update: https://nypost.com/2020/06/22/how-nypd- ... cy-theory/
I will always happily admit when I am wrong. I should stop believing what I read on the internet. :oops: It sure did not sound like a con job when I read it.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Another 3 year old shot in Chicago—not a peep from the TDS BLM gang here. You know his name?

Another 13 year old shot in Chicago—not a peep from the TDS BLM gang here. You know her name?

14 shot dead in Chicago last weekend—not a peep from the TDS BLM gang here. Know any names?

104 total shot in Chicago this weekend—not a peep from the TDS BLM gang here.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:26 am Another 3 year old shot in Chicago—not a peep from the TDS BLM gang here. You know his name?

Another 13 year old shot in Chicago—not a peep from the TDS BLM gang here. You know her name?

14 shot dead in Chicago last weekend—not a peep from the TDS BLM gang here. Know any names?

254 murdered by guns in one city, Chicago, year to date.

Thankfully Democrats focus on urgent priorities like tearing down statues of white Jesus and Andrew Jackson.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:21 am
6ftstick wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:26 am Another 3 year old shot in Chicago—not a peep from the TDS BLM gang here. You know his name?

254 murdered by guns in one city, Chicago, year to date.

Thankfully Democrats focus on urgent priorities like tearing down statues of white Jesus and Andrew Jackson.
So far only one person has suggested tearing down the white Jesues images....pretty far cry from your assessment of all Demcocrats. :lol:

Return to “POLITICS”