Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: The Mueller Investigation

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

She does a very organized review of what the legal filings reveal, so far.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:39 pm
Why it matters: (1) Obama was president, so conducting foreign policy was a violation of the Logan Act. (2) The Presidential Transition Team was secretly negotiating sanctions with the Russians.
A Logan Act prosecutor .:lol:.

...whenever a blogger or tv host uses "um" or "wait for it" as a preface, stand by for BS to follow.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:39 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:39 pm
Why it matters: (1) Obama was president, so conducting foreign policy was a violation of the Logan Act. (2) The Presidential Transition Team was secretly negotiating sanctions with the Russians.
A Logan Act prosecutor .:lol:.

...whenever a blogger or tv host uses "um" or "wait for it" as a preface, stand by for BS to follow.
hmmm, is that the only point you take issue with?
She's correct, it was a Logan Act violation. But that's never been prosecuted, so the cover-up was the issue more than the legal violation.
And what were they covering up? Well, negotiating about sanctions of the Russians.

I thought it was quite organized and easy to follow. All from the legal filings.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

We’ve never had a guy try to violate the Logan Act so blatantly. Maybe that’s why it’s not been charged before. We’ve never had a guy leak secrets to the Russians in the Oval. Or try to build a hotel in Moscow while running. Get caught paying hush money. Ignore the Constitution. Badmouth the Intel Community and the Press. Etc.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Trinity wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:40 am We’ve never had a guy try to violate the Logan Act so blatantly. Maybe that’s why it’s not been charged before. We’ve never had a guy leak secrets to the Russians in the Oval. Or try to build a hotel in Moscow while running. Get caught paying hush money. Ignore the Constitution. Badmouth the Intel Community and the Press. Etc.
Or work with a Russians to hide communications from the Government of the United States of America by setting up shop in the Russian embassy.
“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Trinity wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:40 am We’ve never had a guy try to violate the Logan Act so blatantly.
You're referring to John Kerry right Trinity?
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:06 pm
Trinity wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:40 am We’ve never had a guy try to violate the Logan Act so blatantly.
https://www.factcheck.org/2018/02/no-lo ... ohn-kerry/
“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:12 pm
tech37 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:06 pm
https://www.factcheck.org/2018/02/no-lo ... ohn-kerry/
Wow...good work TLD!...says nothing at all though to whether he should be charged or not. ;)

I'm interested in seeing both sides of the equation balanced.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Was Kerry building a hotel there? I missed that.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Trinity wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:16 pm Was Kerry building a hotel there? I missed that.
:lol: He would if he could. His wife probably has him on a budget.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

tech37 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:47 pm
Trinity wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:16 pm Was Kerry building a hotel there? I missed that.
Maybe he would have the same problem he had with his dingy? He would probably be confused where to register the hotel where it would save him the most money. :lol: Wait... mega wealthy elitist northeast lily white liberals would never look for a tax break would they? :lol: :lol: :lol:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

tech37 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:47 pm
Good point. Given how his Sugar Mommy’s stock did last week they’re probably low on cash. Maybe they’d be better off if they got out of ketchup and into real estate. They could even buy waterfront in the right state or country to avoid those nasty personal property taxes on the yacht.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

You Trumpists really don’t want to talk tax evasion. Hey, I just saw a Republican say Manafort screwed Trump, was using him to help Ukraine. Goalposts getting moved again. Of course Trump will have to stop defending Manafort. Who is gonna tell him?
Last edited by Trinity on Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

The president has long sold himself as a self-made billionaire, but a Times investigation found that he received at least $413 million in today’s dollars from his father’s real estate empire, much of it through tax dodges in the 1990s.
“I wish you would!”
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

My parents were from Manhattan and they hated each other but they could both spot a gangster a mile away.
Typical Lax Dad

Trinity wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:17 pm My parents were from Manhattan and they hated each other but they could both spot a gangster a mile away.
Walk like duck...talk like a duck.... it's Trump.
“I wish you would!”
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Trump will leave no dictator unsuckled. The GOP silence is appalling.

If Mueller says Cohen can’t talk about Russia, it ain’t because he’s done.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Trinity wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:08 pm You Trumpists really don’t want to talk tax evasion. Hey, I just saw a Republican say Manafort screwed Trump, was using him to help Ukraine. Goalposts getting moved again. Of course Trump will have to stop defending Manafort. Who is gonna tell him?
Has anyone documented that Trump even knew Manafort before he joined his campaign ?
(& no, Trump doesn't know everyone in his buildings).
In Woodward's book, they had not met before.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:06 pm
Trinity wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:08 pm You Trumpists really don’t want to talk tax evasion. Hey, I just saw a Republican say Manafort screwed Trump, was using him to help Ukraine. Goalposts getting moved again. Of course Trump will have to stop defending Manafort. Who is gonna tell him?
Has anyone documented that Trump even knew Manafort before he joined his campaign ?
(& no, Trump doesn't know everyone in his buildings).
In Woodward's book, they had not met before.
What's the point? He was part of the campaign. Didn't have to know Trump. Boy those goal posts have been moved!

“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

When it comes to jibber jabbing about tax evasion the simple fact is uber wealthy democrats and republicans are all for it. So long as the muricin people don't find out.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”