All Things Environment

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Climate Change & The Environment

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:56 am “The planet isn’t going anywhere… we are! We’re going away! Pack your shite folks! We’re going away and we won’t leave much of a trace either, thank God for that… maybe a little styrofoam… maybe… little styrofoam. The planet will be here, we’ll be long gone; just another failed mutation; just another closed-end biological mistake; an evolutionary cul-de-sac. The planet will shake us off like a bad case of fleas, a surface nuisance.”

— George Carlin
+1, too bad you did not quote his entire routine. It gets deep under the skin of some people here. George Carlin was bright enough to understand bullchit when he heard it.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:24 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:56 am “The planet isn’t going anywhere… we are! We’re going away! Pack your shite folks! We’re going away and we won’t leave much of a trace either, thank God for that… maybe a little styrofoam… maybe… little styrofoam. The planet will be here, we’ll be long gone; just another failed mutation; just another closed-end biological mistake; an evolutionary cul-de-sac. The planet will shake us off like a bad case of fleas, a surface nuisance.”

— George Carlin
+1, too bad you did not quote his entire routine. It gets deep under the skin of some people here. George Carlin was bright enough to understand bullchit when he heard it.

Yup.

‘Arrogant meddling’.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/wh ... d=msedgdhp

Now it is about "climate justice" The movement is too "white" you racist environmental snobs. :lol: What a bunch of maroons you all are.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:08 am https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/wh ... d=msedgdhp

Now it is about "climate justice" The movement is too "white" you racist environmental snobs. :lol: What a bunch of maroons you all are.
Maybe it was ANTIFA stage 1.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Antarctica's huge Thwaites glacier melting faster than expected
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/09/weather/ ... index.html
Live Free or Die!
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Cooter wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:27 am Antarctica's huge Thwaites glacier melting faster than expected
I know most everyone here disagrees with me on this. This is planet earth doing what it will do when, where and how it wants to do it. So what is the game plan to stop this from happening? Drive more electric cars? Should we all become vegan? Do we need more wind turbines and solar energy? Do we need to stop cows from passing gas? What exactly is the mechanism that reverses climate change and puts the planet back on a happy, happy equilibrium of only modest disasters? The chicoms don't give a flying hoot about saving the planet. They are the folks hellbent on destroying it to become the new world superpower. Since the world is basically impotent at stopping anything the chicoms want to do, we can just concentrate on cow farts for right not and eating lots of broccoli. :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:45 am
Cooter wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:27 am Antarctica's huge Thwaites glacier melting faster than expected
I know most everyone here disagrees with me on this. This is planet earth doing what it will do when, where and how it wants to do it. So what is the game plan to stop this from happening? Drive more electric cars? Should we all become vegan? Do we need more wind turbines and solar energy? Do we need to stop cows from passing gas? What exactly is the mechanism that reverses climate change and puts the planet back on a happy, happy equilibrium of only modest disasters? The chicoms don't give a flying hoot about saving the planet. They are the folks hellbent on destroying it to become the new world superpower. Since the world is basically impotent at stopping anything the chicoms want to do, we can just concentrate on cow farts for right not and eating lots of broccoli. :roll:
The time to do something keeps ticking away. It’s Al Gore’s fault.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:30 pm
I see a huge conundrum here. One part of the world is willing to invest untold trillions of dollars to do something. The other part of the world could care less and continues full steam ahead doing what they deem necessary to become the premier world power. They don't give two flying figs about the planet. Meanwhile back on the other side of the world, they won't say boo to the chicoms or any other developing nation doing their own thing when it comes to creating new sources of energy. The chicoms are building new coal fired plants like nobodies business. If the entire world is not willing to get onboard the bus then half measures in saying you want to save the planet are an effort in futility. Maybe Greta needs to sail over there and tell those chicoms a thing or two. I bet she gets their attention for certain. The clock keeps ticking but not all nations really care.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:48 pm
I see a huge conundrum here. One part of the world is willing to invest untold trillions of dollars to do something. The other part of the world could care less and continues full steam ahead doing what they deem necessary to become the premier world power. They don't give two flying figs about the planet. Meanwhile back on the other side of the world, they won't say boo to the chicoms or any other developing nation doing their own thing when it comes to creating new sources of energy. The chicoms are building new coal fired plants like nobodies business. If the entire world is not willing to get onboard the bus then half measures in saying you want to save the planet are an effort in futility. Maybe Greta needs to sail over there and tell those chicoms a thing or two. I bet she gets their attention for certain. The clock keeps ticking but not all nations really care.
The best thing and easiest, cut your total trash in half.
Typical Lax Dad

What’s that got to do with YOU denying it? Which countries aren’t doing anything BTW?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I think you're making a very flawed assumption cradle re China.

They are making massive investments in the development of clean technologies. Truly massive.

If we don't get off our butts and do so too, they will achieve far greater scale in the production of these technologies, just for their own domestic implementation, and will dominate the market worldwide as they will be far down the experience curve in production and tech development.

This is happening with or without us.

Where you are correct is that China is so enormous that their own implementation at home depends upon the pace of their transformation to a consumer-driven domestic economy from an export economy. They're trying to get that balance and transformation right, but they know that as economic standards rise for a burgeoning Chinese middle class, the demands for clean air, environment at home will rise in turn.

They see that inevitability and are making huge technology investments in anticipation.

However, because the overall economy is so huge and relatively less developed, as it grows and cleaner tech is implemented, they will continue to be on average less clean than parts of the world further down the development scale.

But the spending is and will be huge in comparison to our own, simply because they are so large, unless we ramp up faster our own investments and work our own experience curve effects and, thus, can compete effectively from volume worldwide.

The good news is that much of this is already happening, the question is whether we want to be leaders or just consumers.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

'Climate change' (not the actual climate changing) is a hoax.

Stop pretending the earth doesn't own you.

You are pathetic gnats on the rump of the earth. Carlin was correct.

Stop whining and go to work for pete's sake (no pun intended).
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:14 pm I think you're making a very flawed assumption cradle re China.

They are making massive investments in the development of clean technologies. Truly massive.

If we don't get off our butts and do so too, they will achieve far greater scale in the production of these technologies, just for their own domestic implementation, and will dominate the market worldwide as they will be far down the experience curve in production and tech development.

This is happening with or without us.

Where you are correct is that China is so enormous that their own implementation at home depends upon the pace of their transformation to a consumer-driven domestic economy from an export economy. They're trying to get that balance and transformation right, but they know that as economic standards rise for a burgeoning Chinese middle class, the demands for clean air, environment at home will rise in turn.

They see that inevitability and are making huge technology investments in anticipation.

However, because the overall economy is so huge and relatively less developed, as it grows and cleaner tech is implemented, they will continue to be on average less clean than parts of the world further down the development scale.

But the spending is and will be huge in comparison to our own, simply because they are so large, unless we ramp up faster our own investments and work our own experience curve effects and, thus, can compete effectively from volume worldwide.

The good news is that much of this is already happening, the question is whether we want to be leaders or just consumers.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/28/asia/chi ... index.html

MD you wax so eloquently like a Philadelphia lawyer in a 3000 dollar Armani suit. I would believe any nonsense trumps says long before I would believe anything that the chicom government puts out to the west. The chicoms want to and have every intention of becoming the most dominant military force on the planet. The chicoms stating they want to become friends of the environment is all window dressing to what they really want. What really astounds me MD... they say it and you believe it. :o Those rose colored glasses can make anything look real purdy.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

He's already given us 10 years. Twice. He'll just give us 10 more.

AL Gore has one of the largest carbon footprints of any human.

And Barack Obama just paid 15 million for OCEAN FRONT PROPERTY.
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:13 pm

Old stupid Al Gore and Barack Obama.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:58 pm
What’s that got to do with YOU denying it? Which countries aren’t doing anything BTW?
I don't deny it. The earth is getting warmer. I think everybody one this forum besides myself thinks we can stop it and reverse what ever is going on. IMO that thought goes into the land of the absurd. When ANY of the folks out there can describe the mechanism in which all your solutions stop and reverse what you claim is happening... I AM ALL EARS. All that is happening right now is you folks are throwing everything you have at the wall and hope something sticks. You want to spend however many trillions of taxpayer dollars you can squeeze out of the idiots in DC so you can all go and play Captain Planet. I understand the difference between being a good steward of our planet and understanding what we simple humans have no control over. If me turning into a vegan is of paramount importance to saving the planet... the earth is in big trouble because I will be a carnivore until the day I die. How many vegan tigers are there???

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/201 ... cientists/
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:19 pm

At least when the planet goes to hell in a handbasket BHO will be lounging by the Pacific sipping on a Mai Tai when the big wave comes in. :D Maybe he will have a surf board handy?
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:24 pm

At least when the planet goes to hell in a handbasket BHO will be lounging by the Pacific sipping on a Mai Tai when the big wave comes in. :D Maybe he will have a surf board handy?
Un huh. Covid is a hoax also!
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:26 pm

I never said it was a hoax. It is more of a scam that could make more than a few people some really sweet money if they pull of the big heist.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:32 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:26 pm

I never said it was a hoax. It is more of a scam that could make more than a few people some really sweet money if they pull of the big heist.
Yep. Covid is a scam!!

Return to “POLITICS”