Johns Hopkins 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
HopFan16

Re: Johns Hopkins 2022

Post by HopFan16 »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:00 am Any word on whether the three players who missed the Loyola game will be back in action against North Carolina?

DocBarrister
I haven't heard anything but Raposo and Evans have both earned some extended looks regardless IMO. And I'm not sure you want to take Scott Smith off the field much, so will be interesting to see how the D guys are all deployed when Lyne is back. His ability to move between LSM and close D is likely to come in handy throughout the season — as it did against Loyola.

UNC plays Brown at 1pm today on the ESPN app if anyone's interested.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

HopFan16 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:47 am
DocBarrister wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:00 am Any word on whether the three players who missed the Loyola game will be back in action against North Carolina?

DocBarrister
I haven't heard anything but Raposo and Evans have both earned some extended looks regardless IMO. And I'm not sure you want to take Scott Smith off the field much, so will be interesting to see how the D guys are all deployed when Lyne is back. His ability to move between LSM and close D is likely to come in handy throughout the season — as it did against Loyola.

Thanks.

Agree. I don’t think Scott Smith should ever come off the field, whether at close D or LSM.

Having said that, it’s a long season and tough schedule. I am hoping the coaches play a lot of players throughout the season. Players need the reps and the team needs to develop its depth.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:11 pm

DocBarrister

Thanks.

Agree. I don’t think Scott Smith should ever come off the field, whether at close D or LSM.

Having said that, it’s a long season and tough schedule. I am hoping the coaches play a lot of players throughout the season. Players need the reps and the team needs to develop its depth.

DocBarrister
Very tough for one player to man the LSM position for a whole game. Are you saying he should rotate between positions?
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

get it to x wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:37 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:11 pm

DocBarrister

Thanks.

DocBarrister
Very tough for one player to man the LSM position for a whole game. Are you saying he should rotate between positions?
Yes, of course. Doesn’t mean he can’t miss a rotation or two. But the coaches should try to maximize his playing time.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
HillsLax

Post by HillsLax »

If Gray is as good as advertised, it would be great for Scott Smith to be on the field whenever he is, and Smith could help with clearing. Not a resounding win for Carolina over Brown today (14-11), but a win is a win. I assume Carolina will be ready. So will the Jays.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

HillsLax wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:32 pm If Gray is as good as advertised, it would be great for Scott Smith to be on the field whenever he is, and Smith could help with clearing. Not a resounding win for Carolina over Brown today (14-11), but a win is a win. I assume Carolina will be ready. So will the Jays.
I may (will likely) come to regret saying this, but UNC only won by 3, at home, despite winning 75% of the face-offs and getting a 61%/17 save performance from their goalie (Brown's was at 42%). That's, well, interesting and surprising.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

I watched most of the UNC-Brown game. The Heels are clearly not the team they were last year (at least, not yet). That said, they still have a mountain of talent, and Chris Gray will be the best player on the field when we play them on Sunday. They are *very* deep on FOs with three guys who can all play so it's likely going to require more than Dunn to keep it in the vicinity of 50%. Will require our best game of the season to leave Carolina with a W.
molo

Post by molo »

The Carolina goalie and FOGO rebounded today against Brown after struggling in the OSU rout. Kelly had what must be a career high eight points. Heels we’re tied several times with the Bears. Breschi tweaked the midfield lines after middies put up two points or so against the Bucks.
Will Krieg save 17 shots on Sunday? Will Tucci dominate Dunn? Maybe so, but if goaltending and face-offs regress towards the mean, Hopkins should do well against a team that is far from a lock to make the Ivy tournament.
I rarely complain about Q, but when you prattle on about Wall Street and car pool lines, you’re supporting the notion that lax is, as one parent at the school where my wife used to teach put it, the sport of dbs.
Mr. F

Post by Mr. F »

That Jacksonville win is looking better and better
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Mr. F wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:59 pm That Jacksonville win is looking better and better
:shock: :o

Yep, Jacksonville now with wins over Duke and Denver.

Wow.

DocBarrister :shock: :o
@DocBarrister
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Georgetown loss also looking more understandable with context. The Hoyas took it to Notre Dame in South Bend today after beating Penn last week. They're a legit national title contender.

Wish Loyola would have won today. Doesn't look like we can bank on that being a quality win.

Winning tomorrow will help.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Just looking at resumes in the early season you could make the case to rank GTown #1 right now. And Haley is still getting back into shape.

Maryland and UVA may be better but wins over Hop, Penn and ND seems like the best collection of wins to date.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:39 pm Just looking at resumes in the early season you could make the case to rank GTown #1 right now. And Haley is still getting back into shape.

Maryland and UVA may be better but wins over Hop, Penn and ND seems like the best collection of wins to date.
McElroy is a serious difference maker...wouldn't bet against them..
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:03 pm Georgetown loss also looking more understandable with context. The Hoyas took it to Notre Dame in South Bend today after beating Penn last week. They're a legit national title contender.

Wish Loyola would have won today. Doesn't look like we can bank on that being a quality win.

Winning tomorrow will help.
Yes, but the Hoyas also got a 24 save performance. McElroy is special, but that's not going to happen every week. Quality losses don't really matter anyway. Not too worried about the Loyola loss. They're win their share of PL games and we get a chance or two against Rutgers ourselves. The PSU win was potentially quite helpful (and surprising).
Mr. F

Post by Mr. F »

If you’re confused like I am, game time is now 2:15 due to WLax game
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

Mr. F wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:06 pm If you’re confused like I am, game time is now 2:15 due to WLax game
Thx
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

nyjay wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:08 pm
Mr. F wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:06 pm If you’re confused like I am, game time is now 2:15 due to WLax game
Thx
Yes thanks
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

nyjay wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:08 pm
Thx
Great and thanks. I can watch more of the Mercer-Kennesaw St. women’s game.

And #16 scores for Kennesaw St.!

DocBarrister ;)
@DocBarrister
Mr. F

Post by Mr. F »

Sick save from kirson there
Mr. F

Post by Mr. F »

I would like to see one shot before 10 seconds left on the shot clock that’s all I ask

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”