All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

jhu72

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by jhu72 »

Setting the record straight on one of the right wing's lies including scumbags on this forum who as usual didn't engage brain to ask the very obvious question, with a very obvious answer -- was this story even remotely believable? Fauci and NIAID had nothing to do with beagle torture in Tunisia. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

This part below is frustrating......how do they have all this other data and not a known on whether vaccines or not. Hell, when I donate blood they ask if I was vaccinated and which one. This almost seems like a CYA story.

There’s no information on how many had received COVID-19 shots, although the authors noted that the U.S. vaccination rate among pregnant people after delta emerged this past summer was 30%.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:26 pm
This part below is frustrating......how do they have all this other data and not a known on whether vaccines or not. Hell, when I donate blood they ask if I was vaccinated and which one. This almost seems like a CYA story.

There’s no information on how many had received COVID-19 shots, although the authors noted that the U.S. vaccination rate among pregnant people after delta emerged this past summer was 30%.
:roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:31 pm

Roll your eyes all you want....this is why the story states only 30% of pregnant woman were vaccinated post Delta. Stupid mouth breathing women. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Carnegie Mellon out of playoffs
More news about: Carnegie Mellon
Nov 19, 2021

Through the Carnegie Mellon University required weekly testing program for varsity athletes, the school discovered that several members of the football team tested positive for COVID-19. To protect the health and welfare of all involved, the team has chosen to withdraw from the 2021 NCAA Division III football playoffs. Their first round game against North Central, scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 20, will be declared a no contest.

"We are devastated that we will not have the opportunity to compete in the NCAA playoffs. Our team had a remarkable season, and they earned the privilege to compete at the highest level. While we won't be able to play, this does nothing to diminish the accomplishments of each and every member of our program," said athletic director Josh Centor. "Our commitment has always been, and will always be, to prioritize the health and safety of our students and the broader community."

North Central will advance to the second round and await the winner of Albion and UW-La Crosse.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:39 pm

Roll your eyes all you want....this is why the story states only 30% of pregnant woman were vaccinated post Delta. Stupid mouth breathing women. ;)
Do you have a hypothesis as to why knowing how many of the pregnant women had been vaccinated would impact the correlation found between having Covid and still births?

Pregnant women with COVID-19 face increased chances for stillbirths compared with uninfected women, and that risk spiked to four times higher after the delta variant emerged, new government data show.

Note that still births are rare, whether infected or not. Just significantly worse if infected, 4X with Delta.

Are you supposing, for instance, that being vaccinated reduced the chances of a still birth because the woman either didn't contract or had less negative response to the infection? So, more likely to be in the far more people who didn't have a still birth than in the much smaller # who did?

Or are you suggesting that maybe, somehow, maybe, being vaccinated AND getting infected might have a worse still birth effect...???

I mean, that's theoretically, maybe, maybe, possible, but really?

Unlike you, I think the reason the authors mention the 30% is that this is a very low % given that the risk of a problem in pregnancy is much higher if you get infected with COVID. Doesn't make them mouth breathers, simply very sensitive to potential risks...and there was a lot of noise telling them to stay away from being vaccinated...in a general sense, women try to do as little as possible in taking something during pregnancy that's not part of their required routine. As a general policy, that's probably a good thing, but it's made them particularly susceptible to misinformation.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/326 ... ion-status
this story is developing.

not sure why the fake vaxx card stories aren't out in full force. maybe they will be once the mandates come down.

update: my fake vaxx card biz never got off the ground. maybe because guys like this chef/asst ruiz character say they'll look into it, and never do.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:08 pm https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/326 ... ion-status

not sure why the fake vaxx card stories aren't out in full force. maybe they will be once the mandates come down.

update: my fake vaxx card biz never got off the ground. maybe because guys like this chef/asst ruiz character say they'll look into it, and never do.
Antonio is a mouth breather.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:17 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:08 pm https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/326 ... ion-status

he'll beat the system. just needs to match his lot #, clinic site and date.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:23 pm

Probably. He’s still a mouth breather…..I just got two vaccinated…. I am going to offer my mouth breathing buddy $1k to get vaccinated if he isn’t vaccinated by the next time I go home.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:25 pm

Probably. He’s still a mouth breather…..I just got two vaccinated.
i worry more about antonio and those around him for what he's gonna do when people think he can't catch passes at ++.

edit: scratch the "those around him" part.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Probably. He’s still a mouth breather…..I just got two vaccinated…. I am going to offer my mouth breathing buddy $1k to get vaccinated if he isn’t vaccinated by the next time I go home.
bring a cash roll for viewing. 100s and fittys. rubber band. always seems to have more influence.
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:35 pm .....rubber band. always seems to have more influence.
The rubber band is what truly sells the import of the roll.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:44 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:35 pm .....rubber band. always seems to have more influence.
ya, and then flat or roll? ya gotta know your audience.

stuff with 20s inside, too? some made guys on here can chime in better than me.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:53 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:39 pm

Do you have a hypothesis as to why knowing how many of the pregnant women had been vaccinated would impact the correlation found between having Covid and still births?

Pregnant women with COVID-19 face increased chances for stillbirths compared with uninfected women, and that risk spiked to four times higher after the delta variant emerged, new government data show.

Note that still births are rare, whether infected or not. Just significantly worse if infected, 4X with Delta.

Are you supposing, for instance, that being vaccinated reduced the chances of a still birth because the woman either didn't contract or had less negative response to the infection? So, more likely to be in the far more people who didn't have a still birth than in the much smaller # who did?

Or are you suggesting that maybe, somehow, maybe, being vaccinated AND getting infected might have a worse still birth effect...???

I mean, that's theoretically, maybe, maybe, possible, but really?

Unlike you, I think the reason the authors mention the 30% is that this is a very low % given that the risk of a problem in pregnancy is much higher if you get infected with COVID. Doesn't make them mouth breathers, simply very sensitive to potential risks...and there was a lot of noise telling them to stay away from being vaccinated...in a general sense, women try to do as little as possible in taking something during pregnancy that's not part of their required routine. As a general policy, that's probably a good thing, but it's made them particularly susceptible to misinformation.
My mouth breathers comment was tongue in cheek.....considering ggait likes to throw that term around, rather loosely. The large font was my point; we agree.
~Livy

CU88

Post by CU88 »

a fan wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:44 pm
Crazy that this might be a fading cultural reference. Last month I was at a halloween BBQ at one of my kids place, with a bunch of her friends (all in their late 20's, and some were talking about costumes and necessary acessories. They were using the term "benjiman's", but talking about the need for a paper wrapper to hold them all in a pack. Mind you, these kids are not the most "hip" of their age.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:35 pm

bring a cash roll for viewing. 100s and fittys. rubber band. always seems to have more influence.
50’s and 20’s so it looks like a roll. A rubber band for sure.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Goodness gracious: https://fox17.com/news/nation-world/fda ... ccine-data

FDA says it needs 55 years to release Pfizer vaccine data
~Livy

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:30 am Goodness gracious: https://fox17.com/news/nation-world/fda ... ccine-data

FDA says it needs 55 years to release Pfizer vaccine data

55 years to hide data, plus they have zero liability, and still people aren’t skeptical.

“Give me 30 boosters!!! Vaccinate completely healthy 5 year olds!!! Quarantine the unvaxxed!!!”

Amazing.

🤡
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

So Michigan has the highest ever weekly Covid case rate since the beginning of Covid, more than Florida’s august surge, and the governor is kicking it on holiday in Arizona.

One of every ten infected in America are from the state of Michigan. And just like Colorado and every other Democratic disaster state, they won’t advertise life-saving monoclonal therapy and instead are rationing hospital beds. Evil.

Hmmmm…I’m trying to imagine the response to Desantis had this been his decision, go off on holiday while his state is in despair.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/health ... 688930002/

https://www.detroitnews.com/restricted/ ... 3848002%2F

I probably missed this, but have the usual suspect Fanlax libs ripped Governor Whitmer for her gross mismanagement of everything Covid, and her seeming indifference to her voters? I’m sure someone posted somewhere how disappointed they are about the esteemed democratic governor of Michigan.

Bueller? Anyone? Hello?

:lol: :lol:

Return to “POLITICS”