All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

dislaxxic

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by dislaxxic »

yeah, there's some real TDS for ya... :roll:

Thanks for posting sc...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
ggait

Post by ggait »

Nothing like trying to convince people to do something by calling them names. Works all the time.
Bart -- I hear ya. But the problem is that nothing seems to get through to these people.

You can explain things to them patiently, and they won't take the shot. You can call them names, and they won't take the shot. You can give them carrots (scholarships, lottery tickets, Walmart gift cards) and they won't take the shot.

So the only thing left is to give them sticks. Airplane trip -- not without a vaccine. Indoor sporting event or concert -- not without a shot. Enter the workplace -- not without a shot. Want your kid to enter the school -- not without a shot.

Which, by the way, is the exact same way we've done it for decades with measles, polio, etc. We didn't pander to or coddle the deplorables on those. If we had, those diseases would still be scourging around. Instead we told folks to take their shots or stay home. Same should apply here.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
a fan

Post by a fan »

ggait wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:12 pm Which, by the way, is the exact same way we've done it for decades with measles, polio, etc. We didn't pander to or coddle the deplorables on those. If we had, those diseases would still be scourging around. Instead we told folks to take their shots or stay home. Same should apply here.
This is the part that's so maddening: who the F does everyone think passed vaccine mandates in all 50 States to attend K-12, as well as State Universities?

The F*##ing conservatives, that's who. Who is the law and order team? Who is the "shut up and follow the rules" team? Who is the "what about the children?" team?

It would take a hundred years to explain to a sociologist as to why American conservatives are the ones saying no to a vaccine, instead of the far left "stick it to the Man, dude" hippies.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Ooooops. Looks like the booster is the next Democratic mandate.
So how many boosters were you required to prove before you were allowed to enroll at UF?

Answer -- a whole bunch.

Why would Petey have agreed to attend such a fascist commie liberal mandate-crazy institution like that?

https://healthcompliance.shcc.ufl.edu/w ... 002gen.pdf
Last edited by ggait on Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ggait wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:12 pm
Nothing like trying to convince people to do something by calling them names. Works all the time.
Bart -- I hear ya. But the problem is that nothing seems to get through to these people.

You can explain things to them patiently, and they won't take the shot. You can call them names, and they won't take the shot. You can give them carrots (scholarships, lottery tickets, Walmart gift cards) and they won't take the shot.

So the only thing left is to give them sticks. Airplane trip -- not without a vaccine. Indoor sporting event or concert -- not without a shot. Enter the workplace -- not without a shot. Want your kid to enter the school -- not without a shot.

Which, by the way, is the exact same way we've done it for decades with measles, polio, etc. We didn't pander to or coddle the deplorables on those. If we had, those diseases would still be scourging around. Instead we told folks to take their shots or stay home. Same should apply here.
sounds frustrating. don't mean to be assuming anything.

this, by many, has been easily prognosticated.
- rise of social media
-distrust of institutions
-some special circumstances

not frustrating as a result of that alone. expected.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:22 pm

- rise of social media

The ‘distrust of institutions’ is earned precisely because free speech has allowed people to finally see just how dishonest and inept so many institutions and their leaders have been. Bureaucracies ate the absolute dumbest institutions with zero accountability…trust them at your peril.

Most bureaucrats simply aren’t that bright, and if they are, they’re unmotivated except to gain power over others. And when you expose them, they make things even dumber. Which is why they are so desperate to crush free speech.
Last edited by Peter Brown on Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

- rise of social media

#1.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Bart

Post by Bart »

I understand what you are saying. I will agree with you 100% on one thing....they wont take the shot. We have two sides who are so dug in that neither will budge. This will have consequences for everyone. I see it every day with my wife and her work in the hospital. The CEO is pulling his hair out....patient care is suffering and will continue to erode. When the religious exemption ends my wife will loose and additional three staff in her department. This will 100% have an impact on patient care and all at a time when COVID cases are on the rise.

IF we as a country do not figure out a way to design some type of plan to move out of this thing we will continue to go through what we are going through currently. The .gov put all their eggs in the vaccine basket with out even considering public health options that they are now suggesting will play a role moving forward. They put all their eggs in this basket assuming that everyone would willfully just jump on board. That did not happen and we continue to bash our heads against the wall trying to force feed people a solution ( the best one imo) that they will never go with.

You can tell people to take shots or stay home. I honestly think that will never happen, people will continue on as they are currently. What are you doing to do arrest them?

This is to the same time as with measles, polio and every other vaccination. We are way too divided. There has to be a means with current testing protocols and vaccinations to bridge that gap. That is the only way we will get out of this. We will not vaccinate our selves out of this, at least that is how I see it. I hope I am wrong.

I have no real good reason why a person would not get the vaccine. I have no good reason why people believe the stuff they do. This really should not be this hard but it is.
Bart

Post by Bart »

They were labeled but were they actually smallpox?
Typical Lax Dad

Bart wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:20 pm
They were labeled but were they actually smallpox?
I am not sure. I wondered the same thing.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:18 pmThe ‘distrust of institutions’ is earned precisely because free speech has allowed people to finally see just how dishonest and inept so many institutions and their leaders have been. Bureaucracies ate the absolute dumbest institutions with zero accountability…trust them at your peril.
Nope. We've had free speech for a long time, Pete. That ain't it.
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:18 pm Most bureaucrats simply aren’t that bright, and if they are, they’re unmotivated except to gain power over others.
How many more times do I need to point to the University of Florida, Pete? You were educated by bureaucrats in a bureaucracy with 15,000 State employees. And from which State? There's a reason we have a "Florida Man..." meme, and it's not because your State is filled with smart people. ;)
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:45 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:18 pmThe ‘distrust of institutions’ is earned precisely because free speech has allowed people to finally see just how dishonest and inept so many institutions and their leaders have been. Bureaucracies ate the absolute dumbest institutions with zero accountability…trust them at your peril.
Nope. We've had free speech for a long time, Pete. That ain't it.
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:18 pm Most bureaucrats simply aren’t that bright, and if they are, they’re unmotivated except to gain power over others.
How many more times do I need to point to the University of Florida, Pete? You were educated by bureaucrats in a bureaucracy with 15,000 State employees. And from which State? There's a reason we have a "Florida Man..." meme, and it's not because your State is filled with smart people. ;)

UF was the ‘good’ bureaucracy. :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:54 pm UF was the ‘good’ bureaucracy. :lol:
Yeah, I get the same exact answer from everyone who attended a State University, but swears the Government can't do anything right.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:58 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:54 pm UF was the ‘good’ bureaucracy. :lol:
Yeah, I get the same exact answer from everyone who attended a State University, but swears the Government can't do anything right.

UF is such a great school, our president left Cornell to come here!

🦎
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:03 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:58 pm

UF is such a great school, our president left Cornell to come here!

🦎
Not possible, Pete. You keep telling me that private industry always does everything better than the government. That your UFlorida professors and staff have no motivation for excellence.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Well, Cornell is a state school too...

;)
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:19 pm

- rise of social media

#1.
thanks for the support, i expect to win to fanlax poster of the year again, but never like to count chickens. voting not until january 4.
Last edited by wgdsr on Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DocBarrister

Pandemic Likely Started in a Wuhan Market

Post by DocBarrister »

A scientist who has pored over public accounts of early Covid-19 cases in China reported on Thursday that an influential World Health Organization inquiry had most likely gotten the early chronology of the pandemic wrong. The new analysis suggests that the first known patient sickened with the coronavirus was a vendor in a large Wuhan animal market, not an accountant who lived many miles from it.

The report, published on Thursday in the prestigious journal Science, will revive, though certainly not settle, the debate over whether the pandemic started with a spillover from wildlife sold at the market, a leak from a Wuhan virology lab or some other way. The search for the origins of the greatest public health catastrophe in a century has fueled geopolitical battles, with few new facts emerging in recent months to resolve the question.

The scientist, Michael Worobey, a leading expert in tracing the evolution of viruses at the University of Arizona, came upon timeline discrepancies by combing through what had already been made public in medical journals, as well as video interviews in a Chinese news outlet with people believed to have the first two documented infections.

Dr. Worobey argues that the vendor’s ties to the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market, as well as a new analysis of the earliest hospitalized patients’ connections to the market, strongly suggest that the pandemic began there.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/18/heal ... -leak.html

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
a fan

Post by a fan »

ggait wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:38 pm Well, Cornell is a state school too...

;)
:lol: Ah....I forgot about the SUNY schools within, and the land grant portion...fair point!

Return to “POLITICS”