Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by Farfromgeneva »

But he doesn’t keep score
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:54 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:23 am Remember, I'm not one of cradles' "FLP's"...I'm a Republican, still, albeit in a very lonely wing of the party.

Want to call Dems "hypocrites"? Get in line.
Say TAATS all you want, but it's not remotely comparable with MAGA fascism.

"(immigrants) are poisoning the blood of our country"...DJT channeling Adolph Hitler.

cradle, I don't recall Biden promising to never build a foot of wall, but he may well have done so...if so, he's obviously changed his mind, but let's not blow out of proportion what 20 miles means.

Back to me...I've been arguing for comprehensive, serious immigration reform for decades...including on these forums when we actually discuss the issues seriously.

Unlike some on here, I actually believe in the value of politics in a democracy, the push and pull of policies in response to the American public, winning elections, etc. In my more conservative bones, I want these discussions to look for real solutions not just feel good (or feel angry) populist play performances. In my more progressive heart, I want our country as reflected in our policies to live up to our best ideals in an open, free, multicultural constitutional democracy. I don't expect perfection, but I want us to seek better...

https://www.meidastouch.com/news/trump- ... ur-country

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/trump ... ial-begins

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-co ... n-promises
No your not a republican. If you had any integrity you would stop lying to everyone on this forum and quit the Republican party. You talk an act on this forum that your extreme FLP liberal ideology is your vision for what the Republican party should be. You got one thing dead wrong your political perspective is not shared by 99.98 % of your own party .The funny thing is your political perspective is also shared by 99.98 % of the Democrat Party. Those are the people you suck up to buttercup on this forum every single day. So tell us again why you will NEVER be invited to be the key note speaker at the RNC? I guess you blue blood Rockefeller rich ass liberal Republicans don't enjoy much popularity in your own party. That doesn't stop all of you from playing with yourselves... :D :D
99.98%?

C’mon, this infinitesimal gradation does not inure to charges of sloppy absolutist thought.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:15 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:23 am Remember, I'm not one of cradles' "FLP's"...I'm a Republican, still, albeit in a very lonely wing of the party.

"(immigrants) are poisoning the blood of our country"...DJT channeling Adolph Hitler.

cradle, I don't recall Biden promising to never build a foot of wall, but he may well have done so...if so, he's obviously changed his mind, but let's not blow out of proportion what 20 miles means.

Back to me...I've been arguing for comprehensive, serious immigration reform for decades...including on these forums when we actually discuss the issues seriously.

Unlike some on here, I actually believe in the value of politics in a democracy, the push and pull of policies in response to the American public, winning elections, etc. In my more conservative bones, I want these discussions to look for real solutions not just feel good (or feel angry) populist play performances. In my more progressive heart, I want our country as reflected in our policies to live up to our best ideals in an open, free, multicultural constitutional democracy. I don't expect perfection, but I want us to seek better...

No your not a republican. If you had any integrity you would stop lying to everyone on this forum and quit the Republican party. You talk an act on this forum that your extreme FLP liberal ideology is your vision for what the Republican party should be. You got one thing dead wrong your political perspective is not shared by 99.98 % of your own party .The funny thing is your political perspective is also shared by 99.98 % of the Democrat Party. Those are the people you suck up to buttercup on this forum every single day. So tell us again why you will NEVER be invited to be the key note speaker at the RNC? I guess you blue blood Rockefeller rich ass liberal Republicans don't enjoy much popularity in your own party. That doesn't stop all of you from playing with yourselves... :D :D
99.98%?

C’mon, this infinitesimal gradation does not inure to charges of sloppy absolutist thought.
Close enough for government work.... :D
My thought process tells me your absolutely and sloppily wrong.... :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Jesus, walked right into that.
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:48 pm

99.98%?

Cradle...surely you know that Reagan's conservative polices of the 80's would be called FLP by 2023 Republicans.

The party has moved.....waaaaay the F to the right, in terms of policies that they campaign on (but don't turn into law).
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

The only difference between you and Trump is that you use extreme FLP or FLP and Trump uses “Radical Left”….the usage rate is about the same…and it’s applied to anyone that doesn’t agree.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:48 pm

The only difference between you and Trump is that you use extreme FLP or FLP and Trump uses “Radical Left”….the usage rate is about the same…and it’s applied to anyone that doesn’t agree.
So now you’re telling me Cradle is playing 4D chess along with DJT?????

My only response to that is…

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lTSVfYM2Pdk
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MD - it’s really unfortunate that you just can’t say the same negative things today, as you did during the Trump years. A wall is a wall.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:25 pm MD - it’s really unfortunate that you just can’t say the same negative things today, as you did during the Trump years. A wall is a wall.
Are you perpetually 15 years old? I am some days but not perpetually.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:36 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:25 pm MD - it’s really unfortunate that you just can’t say the same negative things today, as you did during the Trump years. A wall is a wall.
yes, best to mute me.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:48 pm
yes, best to mute me.
😂😂😂. I like the high comedy factor.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Please go ahead and find me criticizing 20 miles of border wall or barrier.

If I ever said anything critical about 20 miles would be to make fun of doing so little in comparison to the stupid, grandiose promises Trump made. The land border with Mexico is nearly 2,000 miles. And then there's the seas...

Trump built just 80 miles of new barrier fencing. They replaced some other fencing, but all in all less than 500 miles of fence. That ain't what Trump promised to his cult nor did Mexico pay for it.

I think if you go back and look, you'll find me enthusiastic about all sorts of border control, particularly technology and personnel, but that didn't exclude barriers where they can actually make a difference. But in most of the land border, a wall is either impractical or impossible to do without massive taking of private land and is ineffective to actually stop illegal activity. Going over or under just ain't that hard.

But technology and personnel, coupled with barriers where practical can make a difference...but even that isn't sufficient when the pressures are so high. We need good legal mechanisms to relieve that illegal pressure.

That's on the people side. I'm much more concerned with drugs, weapons, etc.

And the incentives to smuggle drugs are going to make it always going to happen to an alarming degree...gotta deal with the demand side or it's just fruitless. We need to make it more costly to smuggle, sure, but we also need to take out the revenue side, so the profits just aren't there.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:51 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:48 pm

99.98%?

Cradle...surely you know that Reagan's conservative polices of the 80's would be called FLP by 2023 Republicans.

The party has moved.....waaaaay the F to the right, in terms of policies that they campaign on (but don't turn into law).
I don't know if I can agree with your analysis of Reagan. If you consider the way Reagan and Tip negotiated with each other. They both had an agenda and they both fought tooth and nail to get what was important to them. Reagan wanted guns and Tip wanted butter. They were willing to compromise. You remember how the art of compromise use to come into play?
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:48 pm

At least terminology wise I don't agree with trump. FTR my preferred terminology is FLP liberal. My sister is a FLP liberal. She has been wrong for well over 50 years and I still love her. If she had never defaced my Sgt Rock comic books our disagreements would have been trivial at best.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Joe Biden exclaimed emphatically there would not be one foot of border wall built during his administration. 20 miles is a tad bit more than 1 foot. :D
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A bit concerning when you see this slide and the numbers reported by CBP: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyPREk2N ... BiNWFlZA==

Maybe that national emergency announcement that went out to our cell phones last week was a little ‘tell’ by FEMA.
~Livy

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I find 13.5 is the sweet spot.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:25 pm A bit concerning when you see this slide and the numbers reported by CBP: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyPREk2N ... BiNWFlZA==

Maybe that national emergency announcement that went out to our cell phones last week was a little ‘tell’ by FEMA.
I complained about this post 9/11.

That was our chance to fix immigration, spend money on software and hardware, update all systems , and get visas in order. Americans would have been on board with any tactics and strategies Bush chose.

Instead? He did nothing. Told us to go shopping, and pointlessly invaded Iraq.

They don’t care, YA. Full stop
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

You just don't know who to believe nowadays (not that we ever did).

One news item says the wall is being built. Another say 5.7 million are being allowed in with full medical assistance and other forms of social welfare:

https://nypost.com/2023/10/12/ice-admit ... biden-rrm/

ICE admits record 5.7 million migrants in US — Biden wants to provide ‘medical services, housing’ to all

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is overseeing 5.7 million migrants in the US — who could soon be provided free medical services, food and even housing by the Biden administration, The Post has learned.

The record number of non-detained migrants being monitored by the federal agency — 2.4 million more than before Biden became president — was buried in paperwork detailing its “Release and Reporting Management” (RRM) program.

The plan is for vendors to join ICE’s monitoring of migrants through ankle monitors, phone apps and in-person check-ins.

However, the initiative also aims to provide a range of other perks to the non-citizens on the taxpayers’ dime.

The program would cost “billions” and effectively be a “welfare” program for non-detained migrants awaiting court dates, former ICE director Tom Homan told The Post.

“The RRM is just a push by the open border advocates to provide welfare benefits to 6 million people,” the former ICE director continued.

more ...

Source is the NY Post which more often than not is unreliable. After all, it's owned by Fox which is about as truthful as Dr Goebbels' Das Reich.

Earlier today I watched a news segment on WGN-TV: evidently, the city of Chicago is limiting access to a community service in a ghetto so that immigrants can be accommodated and neighbors are complaining that this is an imposition on them. The community service is mostly used by seniors and by children who do not have access to any other resource. A pal of mine called me yesterday from Brooklyn and told me there was a similar complaint from local residents. So the question is, how does all this benefit ghetto folks whose wages will now be lowered due to all the new cheap labor and whose services will be redirected for the benefit of others? Best to send those folks to the suburbs where there are more resources and far less of a burden to the urban poor.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:10 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:25 pm A bit concerning when you see this slide and the numbers reported by CBP: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyPREk2N ... BiNWFlZA==

I complained about this post 9/11.

That was our chance to fix immigration, spend money on software and hardware, update all systems , and get visas in order. Americans would have been on board with any tactics and strategies Bush chose.

Instead? He did nothing. Told us to go shopping, and pointlessly invaded Iraq.

They don’t care, YA. Full stop
HR2 would require E-verify phase in.

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/59151

Return to “POLITICS”