~Loyola University Lacrosse 2019~

D1 Mens Lacrosse
New2lax

Re: ~Loyola University Lacrosse 2019~

Post by New2lax »

houndace1 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:46 pm this offense needs to wake TF up after that atrocious performance... How do you have 5 goals in the shotclock era? How do you have 3 times more turnovers THAN GOALS....

How do you simply not catch a pass.. OR HECK why do you jam it inside for a quick stick when its clearly filled with defenders.

This entire damn team needs to get reamed out, and then woken back the hell up for the tournament (if we even get picked now) because they just cost themselves a home game
houndace1 you must be related to Peter Brown, as you both claim to be fans, but it looks like to me “Only When The Hounds Are Winning”. Otherwise you criticize and dog them if they have a bad game. I’m sure other teams fans and perhaps even players love reading these Negative Posts...wake up yourself!! These are kids and while they are busting their butts not only trying to win lacrosse games, especially so they don’t have to deal with posts like these, they are trying to keep up in school, and the seniors are trying to graduate, and then trying to get a job, but oh I’m quite sure there is no pressure on them at all...NOT. When they start “getting paid” in college sports, then you can demand perfection, until then you will just have to accept that they are human and we all make mistakes and sometimes fail. Get Over It!!!!
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

The Hounds need to figure it out... D played outstanding, Stover is a god.

offense has issues, spencer 0-8 Not all american caliber... Middies create no offense, Lindley and Olmstead and Spencer need the help. Scanlon showed his age and experience

Toomey has to be out of his mind
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

New2lax wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 4:06 pm
houndace1 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:46 pm this offense needs to wake TF up after that atrocious performance... How do you have 5 goals in the shotclock era? How do you have 3 times more turnovers THAN GOALS....

How do you simply not catch a pass.. OR HECK why do you jam it inside for a quick stick when its clearly filled with defenders.

This entire damn team needs to get reamed out, and then woken back the hell up for the tournament (if we even get picked now) because they just cost themselves a home game
houndace1 you must be related to Peter Brown, as you both claim to be fans, but it looks like to me “Only When The Hounds Are Winning”. Otherwise you criticize and dog them if they have a bad game. I’m sure other teams fans and perhaps even players love reading these Negative Posts...wake up yourself!! These are kids and while they are busting their butts not only trying to win lacrosse games, especially so they don’t have to deal with posts like these, they are trying to keep up in school, and the seniors are trying to graduate, and then trying to get a job, but oh I’m quite sure there is no pressure on them at all...NOT. When they start “getting paid” in college sports, then you can demand perfection, until then you will just have to accept that they are human and we all make mistakes and sometimes fail. Get Over It!!!!
Have you seen forums of other teams? People can be critical of their teams when they win, especially when they lose. If you’re passionate about a team, you want to see them win and go all the way. Of course fans critique their teams performance over a loss because they know that these mistakes is what led them TO the loss, and a fixing of said mistakes can lead them to a WIN. Many times I’ve also critiqued their wins because I know that as the time goes on, these factors can be amended or built upon to contribute to the teams success.

Do I know these players have other things on their mind? Yes of course they do. Being a student athlete in today’s day and age is a lot more difficult than being one years ago. there are many things going into a kids head like academics, personal lives etc.

Yes I understand everybody makes mistakes but when these mistakes that we are pointing out, keep on happening weekly, then it becomes a sign of concern
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Another point- yes these kids are student athletes with other responsibilities on their plate.
BUT they came to play a division 1 sport for not only the degree, but to compete at the highest stage possible for a very prestigious prize.
THEY come to play because THEY want to compete and WIN
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Look at NFL subreddits. They go ballistic when their team loses. Look at Hopkins, Syracuse, Virginia, Carolina, any prominent D1 team. You see people critiquing wins and losses
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
New2lax

Post by New2lax »

houndace1 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 6:10 pm

Have you seen forums of other teams? People can be critical of their teams when they win, especially when they lose. If you’re passionate about a team, you want to see them win and go all the way. Of course fans critique their teams performance over a loss because they know that these mistakes is what led them TO the loss, and a fixing of said mistakes can lead them to a WIN. Many times I’ve also critiqued their wins because I know that as the time goes on, these factors can be amended or built upon to contribute to the teams success.

Do I know these players have other things on their mind? Yes of course they do. Being a student athlete in today’s day and age is a lot more difficult than being one years ago. there are many things going into a kids head like academics, personal lives etc.

Yes I understand everybody makes mistakes but when these mistakes that we are pointing out, keep on happening weekly, then it becomes a sign of concern
Wow must have touched a nerve...but I really don’t care, my only point was this post was totally uncalled for and I did not see any “constructive criticism” in it. I’m sure you were mad as I’m sure plenty of people were. The post you made after you calmed down a much more respectful post.
molo

Post by molo »

I salute the Hounds for ending UVA’ s season last year and dusting them to begin this year. The way the two teams are playing now, who woulda thunk it?
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

Army is a very good team and its goalie played exceptionally well when it really mattered, stopping 2 point blank shots by Spencer which might have made all of the difference in the game. Those 2 goals at that point would have tied the game and perhaps sparked the Hounds and they win by one. Who knows? So give Army a lot of credit. They earned that win.

This team and its players have done well so far this season and some of the passes thay made against a tight defense yesterday were turned into goals in previous games. But you can't do that against better defensive teams like Army. Just wasn't their day. However I believe they will learn from this and correct their mistakes and hopefully execute better if they do make it iinto the tourney (keeping my fingers crossed).

This has to leave a bad taste in their mouth and I hope the Hounds will play better and with a greater sense of urgency, treating every possession like it's the last one. Maybe it's time to be the Hunter instead of the Hunted. Begin to think of yourself as the Underdog or a Junkyard dog. I do know this. They can not make mistakes and have turnovers like they did yesterday and hope to prevail against the competition.

Hounds have a good team and exceptional players. They bust their butts out there but sometimes you come up short - like yesterday. If you're gonna loose, do it early so you can recover. Toomey can fix this. That's my story and I'm sticking to it:-)
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

New2lax wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 8:03 pm

Wow must have touched a nerve...but I really don’t care, my only point was this post was totally uncalled for and I did not see any “constructive criticism” in it. I’m sure you were mad as I’m sure plenty of people were. The post you made after you calmed down a much more respectful post.
Touche
Last edited by houndace1 on Sat May 04, 2019 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

New2lax wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 8:03 pm

I reacted said way because this team lost the chance to get their 4th straight PL title, and at the possibility that they might not have a home game in the 1st round as they tend to struggle a bit when going on the road. Being the passionate fan I am about this team/sport, I just want the team to go as far as they can with the best path possible . The nerve that was struck was me thinking forward at the at possibly going on the road of an NCAA game rather than hosting
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
molo

Post by molo »

Does the front loaded schedule followed by a less demanding conference scheduled hurt the Hounds? They smoked UVA and Hopkins early, but those teams just won the ACC and almost beat PSU after beating Maryland twice in a week.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

It’s probably done because the PL is so large with 8 conference games so the big non con has to be early. Who knows
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
DALaxDad

Post by DALaxDad »

molo wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:51 pm Does the front loaded schedule followed by a less demanding conference scheduled hurt the Hounds? They smoked UVA and Hopkins early, but those teams just won the ACC and almost beat PSU after beating Maryland twice in a week.
Maybe Loyola gets dumbed down. I don’t like to credit JHU for its strength of schedule or high RPI for just losing, but that intensity can lead to improvement and credit to them, the Jays are playing at their best level at the end of the season. Maybe the variability within the PL hurts Loyola later in the season.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

While the Cuse FF streak was alive they would lose 2-4 games early and then play their best in May. It was a talking point for them. Some teams have minimal work to do when the season begins. Some have more challenges.
cantrelax

Post by cantrelax »

Hounds will be ready for next week- Book it! Disappointing PL tourney should get the lathered up. The big guns need to lead!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

New2lax: you must be new to lacrosse. The reason we live and die with each game is precisely because we are such avid rooters for this school. houndace has valid points all, and you should instead of demanding zero criticism, take each charge leveled by houndace and see what you can offer to help change the trajectory of this team. This team has the skill set to win an NCAA championship.

It's not the wins and losses that drive us mad, it's the perceived lack of effort or skills regression we've seen since the 2nd quarter of the Gtown game. Most of our posts are 'why'.

Loyola beat up on HOP and UVA earlier this year, two of the hotter teams rn. Yet no one would predict us to beat either of them today. That change ought to make you as a fan really mad. If it doesn't, I'm not sure you're the fan you claim to be.
New2lax

Post by New2lax »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 10:52 am

New2lax: you must be new to lacrosse. The reason we live and die with each game is precisely because we are such avid rooters for this school. houndace has valid points all, and you should instead of demanding zero criticism, take each charge leveled by houndace and see what you can offer to help change the trajectory of this team. This team has the skill set to win an NCAA championship.

It's not the wins and losses that drive us mad, it's the perceived lack of effort or skills regression we've seen since the 2nd quarter of the Gtown game. Most of our posts are 'why'.

Loyola beat up on HOP and UVA earlier this year, two of the hotter teams rn. Yet no one would predict us to beat either of them today. That change ought to make you as a fan really mad. If it doesn't, I'm not sure you're the fan you claim to be.

Peter Brown, if you only knew... :x anyway if you read what I wrote to houndace, I said his first post was uncalled for and had NO constructive criticism and his second post after he calmed down was much more respectful and well written.
New2lax

Post by New2lax »

New2lax wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 1:35 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 10:52 am

Peter Brown, if you only knew... anyway if you read what I wrote to houndace, I said his first post was uncalled for and had NO constructive criticism and his second post after he calmed down was much more respectful and well written.
Oops meant to hit the laughing face :lol: not the angry one
molo

Post by molo »

I’m glad the committee awarded the Hounds with a home game since you can’t beat live lax in what should be nice weather, but is there anyone out there who would really consider a Syracuse win an upset?
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Molo I think so since before the UNC loss cuse was on fire, and Loyola has been in an offensive slump
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”