PAdad102

Re: Coaching Carousal

Post by PAdad102 »

Mole wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:28 am
MajorMacLax18 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:18 pm
GaitsRightHand wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:51 pm

Does he stay for 3-4 years though?
I'm going with 1.5-2.
Looking at the roster they are returning 13 total players. I heard that he will not have an assistant until the roster is bigger. I can't imagine they have a big recruiting class coming in either. Unless the school gives him enough support I'm guessing gone in 2.
MajorMacLax18

Post by MajorMacLax18 »

Cody Golon named as first ever head coach for Point Park men's lacrosse program
https://www.pointparksports.com/landing/index

American International (MA)
Chowan (NC) - P.R. Simshauser (Chowan AC)
Coker (SC) - Austin Ambrose (Coker interim HC)
Dominican (NY)
Lees-McRae (NC) - John Grant Jr.
Point Park (PA) - Cody Golon (W&J HC)
St. Anselm (NH)
St. Thomas Aquinas (NY)
Tusculum (TN) - Mike Brisbin (Tusculum interim HC)
D2fan

Post by D2fan »

D2LaxMan44! wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:55 am
StuckinD2 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:49 am
sguy9 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:20 pm
American International (MA)
Chowan (NC)
Coker (SC) - Austin Ambrose (Coker interim HC)
Dominican (NY)
Lees-McRae (NC)
Point Park (PA) - Transitioning to D2 from NAIA
St. Anselm (NH)
St. Thomas Aquinas (NY)
Tusculum (TN) - Mike Brisbin (Tusculum interim HC)
Of all these jobs St A's seems to be the most high profile. Final 4 appearance this season, quality facilities and support. Who do they attract?
I think Saint A’s is the best opportunity available. Another strong recruiting class and transfer class prior to coaches departure.. Saint A’s is a strong academic school so it has the ability to pull a lot of the NE area. Great facilities. I think the jobs going to draw a lot of attention.. But once people see what the support actually looks like and what Scimmana was able to do with almost nothing it probably won’t draw the high profile coaches some might assume. The job does not pay well.. small assistant coach stipend and I’ve been told is under the NE10 avg in scholarship funding. Someone may be okay to take a pay cut to get a HC opportunity.. I wouldn’t be surprised if you see some NE10 shuffle of mid tier programs coaches going for it.

STAC has had some really good HCs on campus but the school is not looking to support the program with a FT position so it’s really limited their pool. I think there’s a really strong and experienced D3 HC from the area that would do a great job in a part time capacity. If that happens watch out ECC

I’ve heard Lees-McRae has had three candidates on campus.. all three have HC experience 2 D2 one D3. The president and VPs are tired of an under performing program and are looking to support and grow the program. I’ve heard from a couple d2 coaches that they’re moving quickly to get someone in place.
I agree I think Saint As is by far the best D2 job out there. The program is sitting at an all time high with a pretty solid amount of guys returning from last years final 4 team. Did you say they have a strong transfer class coming in? We’ll see how the recruits are once they get there but seems like Sciamanna was solid at getting talented players. Given they still come and don’t opt to go elsewhere.

In regards to the situation, Saint As is a great academic school, has beautiful facilities, and athletics are supported. That being said what D2 lacrosse head coaching job actually pays well? If it does, odds are it’s because they are also an assistant athletic director of something else not just full time coach. Most coaches aren’t there for the paycheck, if so we wouldn’t have many coaches.

Hopefully Saint As can get a new coach that has college head coaching experience who can build upon what Mike had build there for the past 9 years. Hats off to him getting the Merrimack job, well deserved I’d say.
They are not well funded. They are closer to the bottom of D2 funding than the top.

St. A's wants to pay the head coach 40k. Even for D2 that is really low.

0 full time assistants and a very small amount to pay for part time assistants.

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”