Syracuse 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
DocBarrister

Re: Syracuse 2022

Post by DocBarrister »

Even the most jaded high school lacrosse player would have to be impressed receiving a call with both the greatest offensive player of all time and the greatest defensive player of all time on the line at the same time. :shock: :o

DocBarrister :shock:
@DocBarrister
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Finlay Thomson

Syracuse
Verified
St. Michael's College School (ON)
Class of 2022 - Attack
6-1 | 170lbs
Right Hand
That’s a good de-commit / re-commit (from Michigan).
Thomson has 5 star potential, in the right system.
St. Michael’s / Edge Lacrosse club,
these are players to watch.
DMac

Post by DMac »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:21 pm
Even the most jaded high school lacrosse player would have to be impressed receiving a call with both the greatest offensive player of all time and the greatest defensive player of all time on the line at the same time. :shock: :o

DocBarrister :shock:
I would agree Doc, I would think that call would leave one walking on cloud nine for a little while.
I watched these two "greatests" go against one another and lets just say that it wasn't the greatest offensive player's most productive and dominating days. I left the '89 opener at Homewood in disbelief and shaking my head saying, "Wow, that is one incredible and intense D man!!!!" Interesting to hear DP say in The Lost Trophy that he thinks McCabe was the best D man...and I do realize that's being humble and blowing a little smoke. Will say this though, when you watched him game after game, year after year, he was something else. The surgeon was mighty pretty to watch.
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

Two more four stars in the last 24 hours

Quintan Kilrain - D from Lawrenceville NJ - Crabs Lax

Trey Deere - Attack Salisbury School - Mohawk Nation

Last years recruiting success has definitely carrier over and Petro coming on board has added fuel to the fire.
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

2025 season shaping up nicely.
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

stupefied wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm 2025 season shaping up nicely.
Add another, 4 or 5 star depending on which site you use. Love this kids film.

https://mobile.twitter.com/tyxanders/st ... 4382352394
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

JeremyCuse wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:43 pm
stupefied wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:31 pm 2025 season shaping up nicely.
Add another, 4 or 5 star depending on which site you use. Love this kids film.

https://mobile.twitter.com/tyxanders/st ... 4382352394

I liked these two comments from your link:

TLax1
@T_Lax_1
·
Sep 17
@CuseMLAX
may have trouble keeping everyone happy when recruiting so many kids every year as well as the 5th year transfers.

reply:
CJ
Sep 17
good problem to have

A solid lineup with deep bench. That's what we want for Cuse. Now let's hope the lines are well matched, a good game plan is set in place for each game, and that the injury bug is kept away.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
DMac

Post by DMac »

Got no link to provide but this is straight skinny:
Sept. 25th, Orang Alumni Classic in the Dome.
Legends Game.
No Cuse squad v alumni.
Cuse intra squad scimmage.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

TD Ierlan named as volunteer coach for Syracuse
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

AreaLax wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:29 pm TD Ierlan named as volunteer coach for Syracuse
First instruction: don’t do what desko did to Ben Williams. Basically felony sodomy on the poor kid.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

AreaLax wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:29 pm TD Ierlan named as volunteer coach for Syracuse
The whole story is a little interesting. As I understand it, Gary Gait had him hired as a full-time salaried and benefited position at Gait Lacrosse while simultaneously hiring him as the volunteer. He has a no show job with Gait lacrosse so that he can solely do the volunteer job. Effectively Gary Gait is paying salary and benefits for a volunteer. I understand a lot do this through camps (kind of) but this arrangement seems like a pretty obvious violation if correct.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Lot going on there. "As I understand it", "effectively", "if correct".
Gary's not stupid, I find it hard to believe that he's putting himself
in a position of pretty obvious violation. C'mon.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DMac wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:12 pm Lot going on there. "As I understand it", "effectively", "if correct".
They have a compliance officer at Syracuse University. Boeheim would have been all over this for a sport that generates real money if it were that easy.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

DMac wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:12 pm Lot going on there. "As I understand it", "effectively", "if correct".
yep Dmac, might be best for him to remove that post
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:42 pm
They have a compliance officer at Syracuse University. Boeheim would have been all over this for a sport that generates real money if it were that easy.
You would certainly think so!

And Gary's not a newbie who might stumble into something blindly.

Assuming there's no there there, hope it gets more clearly refuted than simply "doesn't sound right" responses here...but meanwhile, we all stand warned not to buy into the rumor.

If someone surfaces this better, please update us!
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

You forgot “(kind of)”…
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:42 pm
Or used those slots to keep his assistants entertained?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
CrazyPeople

Post by CrazyPeople »

We can assume that he wont be playing in NLL even though he was drafted by the Rock. The seasons overlap and would be near impossible to do both.
howdyyall

Post by howdyyall »

InsiderRoll wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:38 pm
The whole story is a little interesting. As I understand it, Gary Gait had him hired as a full-time salaried and benefited position at Gait Lacrosse while simultaneously hiring him as the volunteer. He has a no show job with Gait lacrosse so that he can solely do the volunteer job. Effectively Gary Gait is paying salary and benefits for a volunteer. I understand a lot do this through camps (kind of) but this arrangement seems like a pretty obvious violation if correct.

Do you have a specific rule this is breaking? Gary would have to clear this hire thru compliance so if he’s working at Gait and as a volunteer, the presumption would be this has been looked at/cleared and thus no violation.
viho

Post by viho »

InsiderRoll wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:38 pm
The interesting part of the story is that fact that when he started at Albany he was leaning towards a teaching career.
I recall reading the transfer to Yale had to be made so he could chase a Wall Street career.
Guess that was a lie or nobody told him Wall Street doesn't hire jocks anymore, they take the kid with the quantitive analysis/math degree every time.
Good luck to him.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”