ODAC lax season is on

D3 Mens Lacrosse
thescottharris

Re: ODAC lax season is on

Post by thescottharris »

Nice view of a flock of geese feasting during pregame at Virginia Wesleyan's practice soccer field!
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Don't know what the deal is, but Jake Brummett has not taken a single faceoff yet tonight and his backups have been terrible.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

HSC 2 poles on FOs....maybe to help back up FO
VA Wes weak D. HSC has 4 unforced TOs on settled offense on just poor passing and they aren’t pressured.. Poor shooting making VA Wes look good..
Haven’t seen much defense but have let in 6.. Poles s#13,33 Seem solid but but not sure their SSDMs can match up on LYN middies..
I’m sure they will rise up for LYN but unless the bugs are asleep on Shellenburger I see the result similar to Colorado College..
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:57 pm HSC 2 poles on FOs....maybe to help back up FO
VA Wes weak D. HSC has 4 unforced TOs on settled offense on just poor passing and they aren’t pressured.. Poor shooting making VA Wes look good..
Haven’t seen much defense but have let in 6.. Poles s#13,33 Seem solid but but not sure their SSDMs can match up on LYN middies..
I’m sure they will rise up for LYN but unless the bugs are asleep on Shellenburger I see the result similar to Colorado College..
Virginia Wesleyan gave up 10 goals and 28 shots in the first quarter, and that was with the fish winning 10 of 15 faceoffs, they never looked good. Probably would have put in 15 in the first if Brummett had played.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

The VWU starters did a sold job hanging around with the Tigers' fourth stringers. So I suppose I have to give credit where credit is due in that regard.
W&LLover

Post by W&LLover »

Predictions for possibly the biggest game of the year in d3 this weekend?
-I'll start it off with an upset from Coach Rostan's tigers. Coach K's insects will underestimate the bite that the tigers have the ability to give off.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

W&LLover wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:23 am Predictions for possibly the biggest game of the year in ODAC this weekend?
There. Fixed that.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
W&LLover

Post by W&LLover »

DeepPocket wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:28 am
W&LLover wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:23 am Predictions for possibly the biggest game of the year in ODAC this weekend?
There. Fixed that.
Flag down...One minute, non-releasable. Too deep of a pocket, DeepPocket.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Lol.
All kidding aside, I take the hornets.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
W&LLover

Post by W&LLover »

DeepPocket wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:36 am Lol.
Glad someone can take a joke on these forums, lol (The peeps on the W&L 21 forum cannot). Guess it's just a W&L thing to be complete hardos all the time. But in all seriousness, this could possibly be one of the biggest games in d3 this year, provided the implications that come from this game. Obviously, this is the biggest game in the odac, but, the playoff implications that arise from this game make this a huge game in all of d3 lacrosse. The hornets are currently ranked 4/5, while the tigers are at 15/16. Both teams have great coaches, and great players. All Americans on both teams, on both sides of the ball. The biggest part of the game this weekend will be at the dot. Hopefully, All-American Brummet will be playing this weekend, so it won't be a murder in the face-off aspect of the game this weekend, and the tigers can control possession time.
BigLaxGuy123

Post by BigLaxGuy123 »

Really looking forward to this weekends matchup between Gallagher and Medwar. I don’t know if Gallagher is worth all the hype. Would be interesting to see what Medwar can do against him. But to be honest, Medwar is third team at best. Predicting he gets one goal from a LYN mistake. Any thoughts?
JackieMoon

Post by JackieMoon »

Medwar goes 4-2 in a close victory for the tigers
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

JackieMoon wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:38 pm Medwar goes 4-2 in a close victory for the tigers
At home, on senior night? I doubt it.

19-10 Lynchburg.
islander

Post by islander »

Really excited for this one.

#5 Lynchburg (13-2) vs #16 HSC (11-1)

Both beat W&L, but Lynchburg also lost to W&L
Both lost to CNU, but Lynchburg also beat CNU
Both beat SVU
Really wish the HSC/Noke game wasn't cancelled for another strong comparison game.

Great matchups across the field. Both teams are loaded with experience, 5th year seniors, 3 and 4 year starters etc. A few of these guys are probably up for ODAC POY and could be decided by their play on Saturday. (Dean, Lewis, Gallagher, Brummett, Medwar)

Medwar vs. Gallagher
Brummett vs Ricci
Lewis vs Wallace
Darminio vs Duffy
Ackaway vs Dean

IMO Lynchburg is in the NCAAs with a win, and probably still in if they lose. HSC is in the NCAAs with a win, and probably out if they lose. (not counting AQ, just at large bid chances)
Ol'Southlacrosse

Post by Ol'Southlacrosse »

W&LLover wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:49 am
DeepPocket wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:36 am Lol.
Glad someone can take a joke on these forums, lol (The peeps on the W&L 21 forum cannot). Guess it's just a W&L thing to be complete hardos all the time. But in all seriousness, this could possibly be one of the biggest games in d3 this year, provided the implications that come from this game. Obviously, this is the biggest game in the odac, but, the playoff implications that arise from this game make this a huge game in all of d3 lacrosse. The hornets are currently ranked 4/5, while the tigers are at 15/16. Both teams have great coaches, and great players. All Americans on both teams, on both sides of the ball. The biggest part of the game this weekend will be at the dot. Hopefully, All-American Brummet will be playing this weekend, so it won't be a murder in the face-off aspect of the game this weekend, and the tigers can control possession time.
Last edited by Ol'Southlacrosse on Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ol'Southlacrosse

Post by Ol'Southlacrosse »

BigLaxGuy123 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:20 pm Really looking forward to this weekends matchup between Gallagher and Medwar. I don’t know if Gallagher is worth all the hype. Would be interesting to see what Medwar can do against him. But to be honest, Medwar is third team at best. Predicting he gets one goal from a LYN mistake. Any thoughts?
Wrong, Medwar is top one of the top attack men in the league if not the best, I predict he goes 4-2 against the overhyped Gallagher and aids to a tiger win.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Love seeing the 🔥 in these posts from the “ homers” and fans who haven’t a dog in the fight. I’ll be popping the corn for this contest. Lynchburg wire to wire in this contest due to strength at the dot, goal play and an exceptionally poor man up HSC unit ( 15% last I looked) if this game is close which I doubt. I’m also giving the Hornets a slight edge in coaching. It’s also a home game for the Bugs. Good luck to both teams
2laxers

Post by 2laxers »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:10 pm Love seeing the 🔥 in these posts from the “ homers” and fans who haven’t a dog in the fight. I’ll be popping the corn for this contest. Lynchburg wire to wire in this contest due to strength at the dot, goal play and an exceptionally poor man up HSC unit ( 15% last I looked) if this game is close which I doubt. I’m also giving the Hornets a slight edge in coaching. It’s also a home game for the Bugs. Good luck to both teams
I have a little bug in the fight and looking forward to a great game. I think LYN have figured out who belongs where from the early season losses and are ready to roll. Should be a great night of lacrosse!
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

DeepPocket wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:28 am
There. Fixed that.
I have no dog in this hunt ... so at the risk of sticking my nose where it doesn’t belong (hence my handle) I’m calling it Lynchburg in a rollover .. something like 14-7. In fact I think HS is garnering too much respect based on their body of work to date.

I know this season has ruined OOC matchups and most teams have had to stay close to home but that said, their OOC wins are against teams currently 11-24 ... all told, HS wins are against opponents that are now collectively 41-79. They have only played 2 teams with a current winning record and only beat 1 of them. And at the risk of being completely booed off this thread, I’m not sure how much of a quality win it is beating W&L this year. HS has feasted on the lower teams in the ODAC. So until they prove it on the field I can’t see them staying with Lynchburg for 60 minutes.

If they prove me wrong so be it, and I’ll be back here to give them props. Admittedly I haven’t seen them play often this year so I’ll assume those of you much more versed in the “eye test” know what you’re talking about, but I’ve made my call and I’m sticking to it.
SouthernLaxGenius

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

Sydney 15
Burg 12

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”