The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
3rdPersonPlural

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

So we have this guy Lloyd Austin, a former 4 star general with a dismal record of military success and a stellar record of getting more orders for military stuff being put up as SecDef.

Those of us who holler bloody murder about the swamp are vindicated. Those of you who feel good because he is the first black SecDef should squirm.

Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Kyle Griffin@kylegriffin1
5 hours ago
Senate Democrats announce the first bill of the new Congress will be the For the People Act.

The legislation includes steps to make it easier to vote, campaign finance provisions to increase disclosure of donations, and ethics requirements for Congress and the executive branch.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:16 pm So we have this guy Lloyd Austin, a former 4 star general with a dismal record of military success and a stellar record of getting more orders for military stuff being put up as SecDef.

Those of us who holler bloody murder about the swamp are vindicated. Those of you who feel good because he is the first black SecDef should squirm.

Quite the character, Enjeti...https://www.theamericanconservative.com ... ti-rising/
old salt

Post by old salt »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:47 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:39 am
Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:34 am Kyle Griffin@kylegriffin1
2 hours ago
Joe Biden has announced the nomination of Dr. Rachel Levine to serve as Assistant Secretary for Health at the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
She is poised to become the first openly transgender federal official to be confirmed by the U.S. Senate.
https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2021/01 ... re_america
She's done a great job in PA.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/r ... n-efforts/
many states are still struggling. Take Pennsylvania as an example:

The state’s health secretary, Dr. Rachel Levine, said last week that she would adopt the federal recommendation to lower the eligibility age to 65. That will jam more than 1 million people to the front of Pennsylvania’s COVID-19 vaccination line at a moment when the lumbering public health campaign is already marked by confusion, shifting priorities, a dearth of vaccine and — in some places — people to administer it, authorities say.

Pennsylvania has no central registry for the shots, forcing hospitals and pharmacies to create their own online spots for people to sign up…

On Thursday, the state health department announced agreements with two pharmacy chains that will allow vaccinations to be administered at some Giant Eagle grocery stores. But most independent drug stores continue to wait for state approval to give the shots, according to Kyle McCormick, pharmacist and owner of Blueberry Pharmacy in West View.

Moreover, there is confusion about who get shots first because of the recent changes in priorities, he said, and it’s not unusual for people who want to be vaccinated to “stretch the boundaries” in trying to qualify, turning pharmacists into bouncers.

Each pharmacy must apply individually for state approval, which requires review by the health department.

“We can get it in arms fast, but we’re all just waiting,” Mr. McCormick said about independent pharmacies.

What an inexcusably disorganized disaster, when everyone in the world knew, through much of 2020, that vaccines would be coming near or at the end of the year. The situation calls for every possible meme of “you had one job.”

Good thing Rachel Levine is just mismanaging one state’s vaccination response, and isn’t . . . wait a minute . . .

President-elect Joe Biden announced Tuesday that he will nominate Rachel Levine, Pennsylvania’s top health official, as his assistant secretary of health. Levine, a pediatrician, would become the first openly transgender federal official to be confirmed by the U.S. Senate.

“Dr. Rachel Levine will bring the steady leadership and essential expertise we need to get people through this pandemic — no matter their zip code, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability — and meet the public health needs of our country in this critical moment and beyond,” Biden said in a statement. “She is a historic and deeply qualified choice to help lead our administration’s health efforts.”

We’re in the very best of hands, America.

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:22 pm
3rdPersonPlural wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:16 pm So we have this guy Lloyd Austin, a former 4 star general with a dismal record of military success and a stellar record of getting more orders for military stuff being put up as SecDef.

Quite the character, Enjeti...https://www.theamericanconservative.com ... ti-rising/
Right wing media pays well.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

When all else fails....shoot the messenger.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

In wouldn’t know this guy from Adam....but those are Participation stars.... everyone that goes into serve are awarded that stuff.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/201 ... areer.html
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:36 pm

When all else fails....shoot the messenger.
Well, when someone is the 'Millenial Tucker Carlson' how much credibility should we endow to their opinions????

I'll leave it to the Senate process to vet whether this fellow is up to snuff, not the Millenial Tucker Carlson...

But let's be clear, if he's not ok, I don't want him in that job...but then again, to replace Chris Miller?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:02 pm

In wouldn’t know this guy from Adam....but those are Participation stars.... everyone that goes into serve are awarded that stuff.

Yup, fellas who serve 41 years of progressive success, 4 stars, must be total schlumps...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

old salt wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:52 pm
2 hours ago
Joe Biden has announced the nomination of Dr. Rachel Levine to serve as Assistant Secretary for Health at the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
She is poised to become the first openly transgender federal official to be confirmed by the U.S. Senate.

The state’s health secretary, Dr. Rachel Levine, said last week that she would adopt the federal recommendation to lower the eligibility age to 65. That will jam more than 1 million people to the front of Pennsylvania’s COVID-19 vaccination line at a moment when the lumbering public health campaign is already marked by confusion, shifting priorities, a dearth of vaccine and — in some places — people to administer it, authorities say.

Pennsylvania has no central registry for the shots, forcing hospitals and pharmacies to create their own online spots for people to sign up…

On Thursday, the state health department announced agreements with two pharmacy chains that will allow vaccinations to be administered at some Giant Eagle grocery stores. But most independent drug stores continue to wait for state approval to give the shots, according to Kyle McCormick, pharmacist and owner of Blueberry Pharmacy in West View.

Moreover, there is confusion about who get shots first because of the recent changes in priorities, he said, and it’s not unusual for people who want to be vaccinated to “stretch the boundaries” in trying to qualify, turning pharmacists into bouncers.

Each pharmacy must apply individually for state approval, which requires review by the health department.

“We can get it in arms fast, but we’re all just waiting,” Mr. McCormick said about independent pharmacies.

What an inexcusably disorganized disaster, when everyone in the world knew, through much of 2020, that vaccines would be coming near or at the end of the year. The situation calls for every possible meme of “you had one job.”

Good thing Rachel Levine is just mismanaging one state’s vaccination response, and isn’t . . . wait a minute . . .

President-elect Joe Biden announced Tuesday that he will nominate Rachel Levine, Pennsylvania’s top health official, as his assistant secretary of health. Levine, a pediatrician, would become the first openly transgender federal official to be confirmed by the U.S. Senate.

“Dr. Rachel Levine will bring the steady leadership and essential expertise we need to get people through this pandemic — no matter their zip code, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability — and meet the public health needs of our country in this critical moment and beyond,” Biden said in a statement. “She is a historic and deeply qualified choice to help lead our administration’s health efforts.”

All this person needs to do is look at the Covid virus and it will turn itself at warp speed and depart out galaxy. That is one ugly sumbi**h.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=sh ... 6PC%3dU531

Clinton had "don't stop" this is the perfect song for Joltin Joes inauguration party. Nothing but happiness and sunshine and holding hands. :D Come on maaaaan let's bring America together. :D
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:06 pm

Yup, fellas who serve 41 years of progressive success, 4 stars, must be total schlumps...
Not all Generals are created equal my friend. Some Generals are born to lead soldiers in combat. Some Generals are born to be REMFs that are experts at shuffling papers and taking care of all the little details. I have no problem with Biden's pick. He is a good soldier. I only hope you are not comparing him to stormin Norman Schwarzkopf. I was going to use the George Patton comparison but I decided that was a little outdated.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:35 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:06 pm

Not all Generals are created equal my friend. Some Generals are born to lead soldiers in combat. Some Generals are born to be REMFs that are experts at shuffling papers and taking care of all the little details. I have no problem with Biden's pick. He is a good soldier. I only hope you are not comparing him to stormin Norman Schwarzkopf. I was going to use the George Patton comparison but I decided that was a little outdated.
Are you calling him a REMF ?
Based on what, the Millenial Tucker Carlson?

My guess, too, is that he's "a good soldier" deserving of the respect he appears to have earned in his 41 years of service. Not trying to suggest he has a personality like Schwartzkopf...few do and he is reputed to have a much more reserved personality.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:28 am https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=sh ... 6PC%3dU531

Clinton had "don't stop" this is the perfect song for Joltin Joes inauguration party. Nothing but happiness and sunshine and holding hands. :D Come on maaaaan let's bring America together. :D
kinda cranky this morning are you? ;)

I did get a chuckle out of all the texts with celebratory emojis and comments my wife was getting this morning from her gal friends in her HBS Women's Circle...as the helicopter rotors started through to liftoff of AF1.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:31 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:28 am https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=sh ... 6PC%3dU531

I did get a chuckle out of all the texts with celebratory emojis and comments my wife was getting this morning from her gal friends in her HBS Women's Circle...as the helicopter rotors started through to liftoff of AF1.
Actually, I'm pretty happy this morning
That is why I posted the link to the video. I don't agree with Biden on many issues. I do think he will be a refreshing change of pace from dump.BTW
What bothers you about shining, happy people holding hands?That sounds cranky to you? ;)
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:44 am

That is why I posted the link to the video. I don't agree with Biden on many issues. I do think he will be a refreshing change of pace from dump.BTW
What bothers you about shining, happy people holding hands?That sounds cranky to you? ;)
:D Thought you were making fun of the Biden folks...

For me...sun's shining, Trump's out, McConnell looks poised to drive the stake, Biden's speech and the ceremony at the reflecting pool struck a beautiful note...Republican leadership joining Biden at church instead of Trump sendoff...
DMac

Post by DMac »

Got kind of the same thing going on in my hood today as at the Capitol.
It's garbage day, they come and pick it up and take away.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

old salt wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:52 pm
2 hours ago

She's done a "great" job in PA.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:55 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:44 am

:D Thought you were making fun of the Biden folks...

For me...sun's shining, Trump's out, McConnell looks poised to drive the stake, Biden's speech and the ceremony at the reflecting pool struck a beautiful note...Republican leadership joining Biden at church instead of Trump sendoff...
Shiny happy people holding hands..
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:58 am Got kind of the same thing going on in my hood today as at the Capitol.
It's garbage day, they come and pick it up and take away.
:D

Return to “POLITICS”